M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#521 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm
@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?
@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?
@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?
@Worcej: Why aren't you voting?
Because I need to go get my ID.

(see what I did there Jamie? :razz: )
Yes, you implied that your identity is being impersonated by a fraudster who is using your account in order to pursue some nefarious goal, and who must be stopped by new and tighter laws on voter ID.

I would remind you that cheating accusations are not allowed on the forum.

Razz.
2

worcej
Posts: 7316
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 2369

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#522 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm
I believe Chaqa is town with gun.

I do not think ghug has implied he has a gun.

Unfortunately for brain I think his continued survival will be a liabilty for town as he will always be treated as highly suspect. Therefore I think he must go today. It's unfortunate if he is town but if he is I am sure he understands and will take one for the team. If he is scum ... tough.
I have most certainly implied I have a gun.
No, no, no you haven't.
Are we at the stages of arguing what someone implied?
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#523 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:42 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm


A marlin is a fish from the family Istiophoridae, which includes about 10 species. It has an elongated body, a spear-like snout or bill, and a long, rigid dorsal fin which extends forward to form a crest. Its common name is thought to derive from its resemblance to a sailor's marlinspike.
Should I take your sarcasm to imply that you agree with foodcoats? that I am in my desperate scum meta where I copy paste long random blurbs from popular novels?

because Im just struggling that bad and im so distraught?
I tended to agree more with PE than with Food - that is, that your initial angry, panicking, hot-headed reaction was genuine annoyance at getting caught as scum not on the basis of deduction or reading, but due to something mechanical.
Can you address how utterly fraudulent foodcoats charge is on me? I wasnt even asking about Eden. im not voting Eden. Why are you defending your agreement with Eden when that wasnt what Asked you about at all?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#524 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:44 pm
I have most certainly implied I have a gun.
No, no, no you haven't.
Are we at the stages of arguing what someone implied?
I can't answer that unless you can verify your identity.
3

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#525 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm

To say you agree more with eden than with food implies there is some truth to food claiming I am intentionally spewing the thread with fluff and filler.

Are you saying you somewhat agree with that reasoning for eliminating me?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Roses are red, Pistols are blue, Scum would choose guns, but which one are you?

#526 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
I tended to agree more with PE than with Food - that is, that your initial angry, panicking, hot-headed reaction was genuine annoyance at getting caught as scum not on the basis of deduction or reading, but due to something mechanical.
Can you address how utterly fraudulent foodcoats charge is on me? I wasnt even asking about Eden. im not voting Eden. Why are you defending your agreement with Eden when that wasnt what Asked you about at all?
I was explaining why I'm back to voting you, and that it isn't because I've been persuaded by Foodcoats's argument, but by Eden's.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2488

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#527 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm

##Vote EMC

WHERE YOU AT BRO?
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#528 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm
Are you reading the game, brain, or just spewing?
2

snowy801
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 549

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#529 Post by snowy801 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:51 pm

Brainbomb, I had a question for you here:

https://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... 22#p243822

Could I request an answer?


Re: ghug

I think he certainly implied, but never outright claimed, that he possessed a gun. I don't think any alternate interpretation is really valid.
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Roses are red, Pistols are blue, Scum would choose guns, but which one are you?

#530 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm
I tended to agree more with PE than with Food - that is, that your initial angry, panicking, hot-headed reaction was genuine annoyance at getting caught as scum not on the basis of deduction or reading, but due to something mechanical.
Can you address how utterly fraudulent foodcoats charge is on me? I wasnt even asking about Eden. im not voting Eden. Why are you defending your agreement with Eden when that wasnt what Asked you about at all?
I was explaining why I'm back to voting you, and that it isn't because I've been persuaded by Foodcoats's argument, but by Eden's.
I also didnt ask you to defend your vote on me
I asked you now three times to say if im thread spewing and if foodcoats looks like town for pushing me with that as his foundation.

I dont care why you are voting me
for the love of god just answer the actual questions
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: Hmmmm

#531 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm
Are you reading the game, brain, or just spewing?
Why did you pick out this one post and choose to base your defence on this?

Foodcoats never mentioned the Old Man and the Sea, nor said anything in detail about a comparison between this game and the time you did that - yet you are implying this is the main basis of his argument. It doesn't seem like that to me at all.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Roses are red, Pistols are blue, Scum would choose guns, but which one are you?

#532 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Can you address how utterly fraudulent foodcoats charge is on me? I wasnt even asking about Eden. im not voting Eden. Why are you defending your agreement with Eden when that wasnt what Asked you about at all?
I was explaining why I'm back to voting you, and that it isn't because I've been persuaded by Foodcoats's argument, but by Eden's.
I also didnt ask you to defend your vote on me
I asked you now three times to say if im thread spewing and if foodcoats looks like town for pushing me with that as his foundation.

I dont care why you are voting me
for the love of god just answer the actual questions
I just did.

Calm your tits.
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#533 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:49 pm
brainbomb, why were you behaving as though you did not read the rules (e.g. knowing it was only town that took 9-11 roses), did not know the number of scum, and did not know why people were making lists of people for?

What would you say was going through your mind as you made each of these sets of posts?
this was already answred above. I knew we learned how many roses were in play. I did not recall seeing how many exact scum were in play. I have been busy and other than a few stray comments I did not skim the setup or even look at exact setup size. I thought HR had sogned up, I thought bona had also. Ive hardly paid attention since it was vanilla.

When I saw large lists filling the thread I assumed they were random reads lists based on activity or mentions. I didnt read
3

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Roses are red, Pistols are blue, Scum would choose guns, but which one are you?

#534 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:53 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm


I was explaining why I'm back to voting you, and that it isn't because I've been persuaded by Foodcoats's argument, but by Eden's.
I also didnt ask you to defend your vote on me
I asked you now three times to say if im thread spewing and if foodcoats looks like town for pushing me with that as his foundation.

I dont care why you are voting me
for the love of god just answer the actual questions
I just did.

Calm your tits.
I am very calm. you are walking round me in circles answering questions im not even asking. and no you havent adequately answered anything I care about wrt to foodcoats. So do that. answer more thoroughly like your life depends on it. because my life depends on him dying today not me.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Ghouls N' Goblins GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#535 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm
I didn't read
Not reading the thread is a more significant part of Foodcoat's argument than "spewing".

And here you admit that part.

Hmmm.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Roses are red, Pistols are blue, Scum would choose guns, but which one are you?

#536 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:58 pm
I am very calm. you are walking round me in circles answering questions im not even asking. and no you havent adequately answered anything I care about wrt to foodcoats. So do that. answer more thoroughly like your life depends on it. because my life depends on him dying today not me.
What do you want me to say about Foodcoats, and his vote for you, that I have not already addressed?
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#537 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm

This is now very stressful for me because apparently my life depends on answering Brainbomb's rambling questions. Oh woe.
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: Hmmmm

#538 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:41 pm
Are you reading the game, brain, or just spewing?
Why did you pick out this one post and choose to base your defence on this?

Foodcoats never mentioned the Old Man and the Sea, nor said anything in detail about a comparison between this game and the time you did that - yet you are implying this is the main basis of his argument. It doesn't seem like that to me at all.
Thread Spewing is essentially me givinh away data on my team or having an in thread meltdown where I admit im scum. in most recent examples I spewed a bunch of thread clogging copy pastes into the game to shut the game down.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Spewing

this is coming off of one string of posts I thought were reads lists and i wanted ghug to be wrong. So I got excited thinking he had lied about there being tons of reads lists. he corrected me and I was incensed by his obnoxious atttitude so I rushed to find posts I recalled being reads lists. Upon further investigation I was wrong.

But it doesnt change the fact that foodcoats likely chose this reasoning to bury me because it looked like I was getting it wrong. it would be very easy for him to convince people it was a meltdown like theyve seen before even though HE knows that it isnt.
2

brainbomb
Posts: 15595
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 4358

Re: M68: Guns N' Roses GAMETHREAD [hidden]

#539 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Im arguing his case on me is scum indicative because it is plagued by recency bias with the attempt to paint me as in my usual behavior. He wouldnt do this as town because scum usually need flashier reasons like that to bury a person
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 16527
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 7433
Contact:

Re: Hmmmm

#540 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:10 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Why did you pick out this one post and choose to base your defence on this?

Foodcoats never mentioned the Old Man and the Sea, nor said anything in detail about a comparison between this game and the time you did that - yet you are implying this is the main basis of his argument. It doesn't seem like that to me at all.
Thread Spewing is essentially me givinh away data on my team or having an in thread meltdown where I admit im scum. in most recent examples I spewed a bunch of thread clogging copy pastes into the game to shut the game down.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Spewing

this is coming off of one string of posts I thought were reads lists and i wanted ghug to be wrong. So I got excited thinking he had lied about there being tons of reads lists. he corrected me and I was incensed by his obnoxious atttitude so I rushed to find posts I recalled being reads lists. Upon further investigation I was wrong.

But it doesnt change the fact that foodcoats likely chose this reasoning to bury me because it looked like I was getting it wrong. it would be very easy for him to convince people it was a meltdown like theyve seen before even though HE knows that it isnt.
You did have a bit of a meltdown earlier in this phase, Brain.
And, you were getting things wrong and not reading the thread very well.

So, for me, there was some merit to his point - but also, in my opinion you are applying emphasis to his argument that wasn't part of his own presentation.
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests