MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#881 Post by worcej » Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Perplexity wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:53 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:22 pm
Pretty much agree with most of what you posted, Rivera.

I am trying to wrap my head around whether or not there is a time and place for town v town vote analysis. Maybe just as something to keep tucked away for later vote patterns?
you can start already VA because most of you think I'm town

ghug and fcoats find me scummy but they're scum so they need to keep up this false pretense
Seems like a lot of OMGUS is in this post.

worcej

#882 Post by worcej » Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 pm
look at you being all modest n shit
Aww, you finally broke character!

Perplexity

#883 Post by Perplexity » Wed May 19, 2021 10:21 pm

it's not, I never thought of coats or ghug as town

probably after the 'surprise' that's coming, D2 will be more interesting and hopefully a scum becomes easier to be spotted

Perplexity

#884 Post by Perplexity » Wed May 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Brian, you mentioned that I followed someone. Who was that player?

foodcoats

#885 Post by foodcoats » Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 pm

Something on my mind after reviewing the player list:

I’m an anti-fan of HR, Eden and Vecna’s D1s. I think they deserve serious scrutiny. Vecna has to really turn around and look great tomorrow. Eden has made some absurd statements (something about HR being great, see next) and likewise must prove mettle. HR made some absurd hand wave about ghug-damo scum team. HR has not answered why he makes a ghug-damo axis as opposed to other possibilities; this suckiness puts to the lie Eden’s lame sheeping. Vecna usually has a lot of opinions and is talkative and that could’ve helped get more info on the table D1. So he is playing anti-town and deserves to die.

I’d like to nominate one of these weaklords for shimmy-ding-donging tomorrow.

Vecna

#886 Post by Vecna » Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 pm
look at you being all modest n shit
Aww, you finally broke character!
*SQUAWK*

stalker alert

STALKER ALERT

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#887 Post by ghug » Wed May 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Perplexity wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:21 pm
it's not, I never thought of coats or ghug as town

probably after the 'surprise' that's coming, D2 will be more interesting and hopefully a scum becomes easier to be spotted
I'll ask you again: can you explain those scumreads?

damo666

#888 Post by damo666 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:35 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:29 pm

I’m an anti-fan of HR, Eden and Vecna’s D1s. I think they deserve serious scrutiny. Vecna has to really turn around and look great tomorrow. Eden has made some absurd statements (something about HR being great, see next) and likewise must prove mettle. HR made some absurd hand wave about ghug-damo scum team. HR has not answered why he makes a ghug-damo axis as opposed to other possibilities; this suckiness puts to the lie Eden’s lame sheeping. Vecna usually has a lot of opinions and is talkative and that could’ve helped get more info on the table D1. So he is playing anti-town and deserves to die.

In the likely event of my NK tonight I commend the sentiment in the above post.

damo666

#889 Post by damo666 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Perplexing parrot link?

Vecna

#890 Post by Vecna » Wed May 19, 2021 10:39 pm

foodcoats wrote:

Good thing that youre the expert on how I have to play to make town not loose darling.

Vecna

#891 Post by Vecna » Wed May 19, 2021 10:45 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:35 pm
foodcoats wrote:

What happened to me being a likely vt? And why arent you a bit more confident in your ability to outguessing scum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#892 Post by ghug » Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Townread damo, Brian, celaph, gimix.
Townlean emc, foodcoats, Eden, HR ( :sick: ).
Scumread perp.

Everyone else is null, but wagons on early damo voters or early Chaqa voters are good thoughts. I don't see a lot of direct late votes that look like protection of perp other than Hamilton's, and I townread him, so if he was protected, it was probably people moving to start the wagons rather than the people jumping on.

damo666

#893 Post by damo666 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:45 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:35 pm
foodcoats wrote:

What happened to me being a likely vt? And why arent you a bit more confident in your ability to outguessing scum?
Disease

worcej

#894 Post by worcej » Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Meh, low activity motivates me to make a reads list, so here we are:

Town:
  1. HR - I like his level of doubt and questioning. The confidence to stick on damo was interesting and noteworthy.
  2. ghug - The annoyed-town ghug seems to have risen to the top. He's not confrontational (something I recall he does as scum) and is more commentary on the game, which reminds me of his town games.
  3. Food - I like his posts, even the ones scumming me, and get this overall town vibe from him. Something just tells me he's town and I'll stick with that.
  4. Demon - the D1 actions for content come off more town then scum trying to live it up.
Null:
  1. Vecna - Mostly due to the continued trolling, but pretty sure he'll actually try if he sticks around. I agree with food's sentiment that normally we get opinions from Vecna when he is trying.
  2. rdr - Unlike ghug, I don't think it's normal for him to play devil's advocate as much as he has this game. The commentary on the damo point I made on D1 seemed too 'this cannot be because it's too obvious' (I am paraphrasing immensely here) rubs me the wrong way. Otherwise, decent content.
  3. HB - he's town slipping incredibly hard, but overall I find his reasoning to be more genuine and less distancing than his scum performances in the past. His responses to some of my questions today didn't hit home for me that he's town, so he stays null.
  4. Perp - The freak out about EOD and wagons, along with the sudden 'everyone towns me', strikes me as odd behavior that isn't town motivated. The EOD moves make more sense if he was trying to protect his other partners, which would fall to damo and 'official' if true. I'd prefer to settle the other flips first over diving at Perp, thus null.
  5. Gimix, celaph, and Macca - No strong opinion honestly for any of them, so just null.
Scum:
  1. Eden - What the shit was that EOD? I get some of the snark posts, but snark posts + excuse for low activity seems not normal. I don't like it.
  2. EMC - EMC had 45 posts and I cannot think of one value added thing he brought to the table. Usually I get something from EMC, but this time I don't remember any value from him.
  3. 'official' - Simply put, no contributions via posting (my opinion) and moved from Perp to Chaqa after damo's claim. Why? There was no need for him to move if he actually thought Perp was scum. Gut says trying to hide via VCA down the road.
Special case:
  1. Damo - The discussion that has happened regarding his claim (belief or doubt in it) and the presence of the doubt led me to look back at the setup closer. What stuck out to me is that scum would absolutely want to claim the JOAT if they are down to the wire in this setup because it can cause two possible CC's to occur - the actual JOAT and the cop, who knows who the JOAT is. Because of this, damo's claim to be the JOAT has (honestly) little value by itself, and if he survives the night, then he is almost certainly scum. TL;DR - I think damo must be flipped on D2 if he doesn't die this phase. If he doesn't die, he is most likely scum who is claiming he was jailed.

damo666

#895 Post by damo666 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:59 pm

Kill perplex

brainbomb

#897 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm

Garys Bedroom
Gary laid beneath the blankets with a flashlight. He thumbed through his notes, his tattered monster manual; and refreshed his mind on who had been given character cards. To his dismay he realized Joe had been honest; far too honest.

Gary: He's a goner.

Gary ran to his computer and saw he had been sent numerous IMs in the night. He brushed aside an old sandwich, and swung the swivel chair around.

Gary: Well shit, way too honest man.
(He typed to Joe)
bigbaddungeounlord69🍆: hey Joe I got bad news man…

Niceguy455: Let me guess, They activated my bonds and I'm dead.

bigbaddungeounlord69🍆: Yea. You should've been more discrete. It's gonna suck without you. See you at the chess club on Monday.

(Chat has ended)
Gary returned to bed as he ate a slice of pizza, slowly sliding back under the covers; wiping the grease from the pepperoni onto his boxer shorts.
—//—//—//—//—

The following evening to his shock; the entire party of players began to trickle in. Brett, Kristen, Jenny, Mark, Arthur and a ton of others who he wasn't even sure he had seen last session.

Kristen sat near Gary and smiled.

Gary: Welcome back everyone. I received a message last night on AOL instant messenger. A powerful spell was used on Joe which activated his Azure Bonds. The fire knives are still at large in Tilverton.
—-//———//——//——

HellenicRiot has died, he was Joe, Akabar Bel Akash the Town Poisoner

brainbomb

#898 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 19, 2021 11:07 pm

Day 2 begins you may now post

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#899 Post by ghug » Wed May 19, 2021 11:08 pm

Well that sucks.