MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#1 Post by brainbomb » Sun May 16, 2021 5:23 am

THE CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS

:zultar: INTRO :zultar:
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game (for the town majority) is to kill all of the non-town players before the town is outnumbered. The game is typically very active, so the thread will get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

——//——//——//——-//——
GENERAL RULES
ELABORATION
ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES, and PENALTIES
MISCELLANEOUS

——//——//——//——-//——
FINALIZED ROLES LIST
ROLE INTERACTIONS SCENARIOS
SYSTEM MESSAGES

—-//—-//——//——//——
ORDER OF OPERATIONS
Jail
Track/Motion Detect/Cop Scan
Poison/Kill
Heal

—-//—-//—-//—
Town Roles
——/——///———
Vanilla Town
You are a member of the Town of Tilverton. At night you have no abilities. By day you may vote another player. You win when the Mafia is defeated.

——-//-//——————//—
PR
———-//—-////————//

Akabar Bel Akash (Town Poisoner)
You are Akabar Bel Akash. At night you may choose to poison another player. That player will succumb to poison the following day at the midway point of a phase unless healed or shambled. If poisoner targets a jailed person or the shambler the action will fail right away.
You win when the Mafia is defeated.

Alias (Town JOAT)
You are Alias. You have three actions, Track, Motion Detector, or Heal. You may only use one action per night. You must use all 3 actions before attempting to repeat use of an action. After use of the initial 3 powers the Joat may choose a new order from their options. You win when the Mafia is defeated.

Track: Choose a target player at night, you will be informed of anyone that player visited that night.

Motion Detector: Target a player at night to learn if there was any movement at their location. motion detection can be triggered by a visit or by the target performing an action. There will only be one alert.

Heal: Choose target player at night. That player cannot be killed and you will learn if they were attacked. The person saved will also learn they survived. A person healed will also be saved from poison, should the poisoner target them that night.

Dragonbait (Town Alignment Cop)
You are Dragonbait, the Paladin. At night you may select a player and learn their alignment. During pregame Night Zero you will receive a notice that a certain player is Alias, the Town JOAT. You win when the Mafia is defeated.

———//————//—-
Mafia Roles
——//—————-//——-

Tyranthraxas the Storm Giant (1 shot Mafia Sniper)
The earth trembles as you walk oh mighty one. Any phase, once per game, you may choose to perform an instant day kill by throwing a massive lightning bolt. A kill performed in this way may not be prevented by healing. You win when the town is defeated. You are not part of the Mafia Chat, you will not know your teammates, and you cannot perform the Mafia’s factional kill. If you are the last mafia standing you will gain a day kill each phase instead.

————//——-//——
The mafia have a factional kill but no factional roleblock. The mafia knows the identity of the sniper Tyranthraxas in pregame night 0. There is daychat at all times.

Mogion (Mafia Jailor)
Once per night Mogion may jail a player. Any player targeted in this way will be effectively jailed, unable to take actions, and immune to actions, death effects, including poisoning. A player who has been jailed in this way will learn they were jailed. If a jailed player was targeted, only Mogion will learn of the target attempt. A player who targeted the jailed player will learn their action failed. You win when the town is defeated.

Three Bits O Mander (Mafia Shambler)
You are a Mafia Shambling Mound. You are immune to poison and lightning. During a day phase once per game you may smother another player silencing them for the remainder of the day. Players silenced in this way will not be able to be eliminated and will survive daykilling. Silencing will be announced in the game thread.
You win when the town is eliminated.

Medusa (Mafia Goon)
You are a Mafia Goon.
You win when the town is eliminated.

—-//—-//——//—-//—-/—-
PLAYER LIST
🐴1. lfischl
🐲2. hamilton brian
🐀3. rdrivera2005
🦔4. ghuggles
🏹5. gimix
🌯6. Chaqa
🧙7. Perplexity
⛏8. worcej
🔱9. Macca573 (they/them)
👑10. Hellenic Riot
🐍11. e.m.c
🦜12. Vecna
🕊13. foodcoats
🧞‍♂️14. DemonRHK
🧜‍♂️15. damo666
🗡16. celaph
🐅17. president eden

——//—-//—-//——//——
Garys Basement, 2001
(The room smells sweaty. dirty clothes are in piles on a recliner in the corner. a computer desk is covered in old burger king cups and empty bags of chips. In the center of the room two long folding tables are laid out, with chairs all around.)

Gary:(Nervously paces the room) Where are they? Everyone is late. Joe is supposed to be here with the snackies! Ten minutes. Joe where are you?

the doorbell rings and gary can hear his mother welcoming several people. sounds of feet shuffling across the kitchen and heading to the stairs

Kristen: Gary? Are you down here?

(Garys heart raced, his fear suddenly reached a pinnacle of summit like proportions. Somehow gary had invited the popular kids on AOL instant messenger over for Dungeouns and Dragons night, under the tagline “Bring your own” which to Gary; meant dice snacks and figurines)

Gary: Uhhh Kristen? Hi? let me clean up the room a bit. begins hiding his trash and clothing as more girls and some of the jocks come downstairs and start passing around a bottle of vodka.

The doorbell rings again

Gary: Oh please be Joe with the Snackies!!!

The Academic Decathlon team, The Chess Team, and several band geeks arrive

Gary : Jesus how many people did I accidentally invite??

Kristen: Gary, should we play the dungeon game thing? You said it was fun.

Gary felt a sudden surge of confidence; my god, the cute girl wants to learn Dungeouns and Dragons. Gary sprung into action giving each person a chair, a set of dice, a figurine and a card with a name and stats written on it

Brett: What the fuck is this shit Gary? Im a elf, what the fuck are we playing here; Lord of the Rings?

before gary could respond, Joe descended the stairs dressed as Akbar Bel Akas the Poisoner

Joe: Tonight, we play… The Curse of the Azure Bonds! He holds up the Dungeouns and Dragons module made in 1983.

silence

Brett:Alright, whatever, Can I kill some shit?

Gary: Soon, first, help yourselves to the snackies: funyuns, gardettos, doritos, and sliders from white castle!

The guests begin filling plates with the snacks and pouring Welchs Strawberry Soda, Mountain Dew and Orange Sunkist

Gary: halfway concealed behind his dungeon master screen looking out at the players
Our journey begins in Tilverton…

I am beginning a new journal. My old journal is gone, along with all of the party's equipment. I write here to try to make some sense out of our spotty memories.
"We had all agreed to come south to Tilverton to seek the lost princess, Nacacia of Cormyr. Tilverton is on the border between the Dalelands and Cormyr, and was the last place the princess had been spotted.
"Rumor was that King Azoun's youngest daughter, the Princess Nacacia, ran away from the royal household Of Cormyr almost a year ago. She fled an arranged marriage and ran off with a cleric from Tilverton named Gharri of Gond.
"The latest word was that Nacacia and Gharri had a falling out and that she was seen near Tilverton recently. The king had a large reward out for Nacacia's return. A smart group of adventures like ourselves could make some powerful friends if they found the princess and returned her to the king.
"Somewhere along the road to Tilverton we were attacked. The brigands must have been invisible, because some of our party went down before we knew what was going on. I vaguely remember dark faces in evil looking helmets firing crossbows into our midst.
The crossbow hits were not fatal, but every hit seemed to drop its target. remember getting hit in the arm. The wound blazed like fire. My head swam. Just before I blacked out, I thought that this was a bad end for such experienced adventures.
"Now we awake in Tilverton with our wounds healed. Our equipment is gone, bet we have found a stash of coins. One of our first priorities must be to buy new equipment.
"I overheard a servant mention the date, but I'm not sure I believe it. If the servant speaks true it is almost a month since the ambush. Almost anything could have happened in that time.
"It seems that almost anything did. Each of us awoke with five azure blue symbols imprinted on our sword arm. The symbols are not tattoos, they seem to exist below the skin. They occasionally feel like they're moving.
"We have devised a plan of attack. Our spell-casters will prepare their spells. We will purchase some new arms and armor.
Then we are going out into Tilverton and find out what is going on. Someone must know. And I don't care if we have to roust every sage, priest, and bartender in this town to find out.
"These are some random printed notes I have collected. Their information may be important on our journey.

Brett: Lame, there's always a traitor in the group. Let's just find out who sold us out and put these things on our arms. How do I kill that kid with the banjo?

Band kid: This is a viola dumbass

Joe: Brett has a point. Somebody betrayed us, told people we were heading for tilverton. put tattoos on us. Maybe we can solve this by just eliminating each other.

Gary: But that isn't the point of the mod-

Brett: Who cares lets kill people until we find the traitors!
—-/—-//—-//—

PLEASE DO NOT POST YET, GAME BEGINS MAY 16, 6pm CDT.
(this is the real thread, previous one wasnt hidden)

brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#2 Post by brainbomb » Sun May 16, 2021 11:01 pm

Garys Basement
after a rocky start and a number of distracting arguments about if drummers were better than guitarists the game finally started to begin

Gary: Ahead you see city guards, they have created a checkpoint.

Brett: I walk up to them and say fuck you

Gary: They sneer at you and jot things down on paper. They take note of your attire, your tattoos, and their captain laughs.

Kristen: Are any of the guards cute?

Gary: What?

Kristen: Like would any of them find me attractive?

Gary: Yea, Of course I would. I mean; they would. I AM PLAYING THEM but yes. What is your character again?

Kristen: I am a male Half Orc Fighter named Grunt.

Gary: Ah…. Then no; the guards do not look at you longingly.

Tim: My character card is a recipe for chicken and dumplings…

Gary: Thats my moms recipe. That isnt your character. My god this is a disaster.

Brett: I attack the guards

Gary: Of course you do. grabs the recipe from tim and paces the room.

Kristen: Wait, why dont we go around and say what our character is and we just talk until we find a liar?

Joe: The first reasonable idea ive heard all night. Allow me to introduce myself.

I am akabar bel akash. You may have heard of me.

Brett: You are Joe Winston from gym class. You wear socks up to your knees and you have back hair.

Joe: that may be true. But tonight, I am Akabar Bel Akash, Noble hero and merchant. Follow me and I will save you from whoever put these runes on thy arms. he grabs bretts arm. See these? These are the Azure Bonds. For every evil master we defeat one bond will fade. We each have four. That means there are four enemies at this table, hiding among us with a character that is actually our enemy.
Who among you will help me find them?
Who among you would pass me the code red mountain dew? for my glass is empty. And its hunting time.

The Game has begun you may now post

Vecna

#3 Post by Vecna » Sun May 16, 2021 11:08 pm

*SQUAWK*

The game has begun you may now post
The game has begun you may now post

Vecna

#4 Post by Vecna » Sun May 16, 2021 11:09 pm

*SQUAWK*

I am akabar bel akash.....

You may have heard of me.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by Chaqa » Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 pm

Haven't read the setup yet.

have read my role PM.

It's pretty bland.

##Vote ghug

TheMadMonarch

#8 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun May 16, 2021 11:51 pm

BB, could you please put the game thread in my Role PM next time? I didn't realize that the game had started.

foodcoats

#9 Post by foodcoats » Mon May 17, 2021 12:08 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:01 pm
Garys Basement
after a rocky start and a number of distracting arguments about if drummers were better than guitarists the game finally started to begin

Gary: Ahead you see city guards, they have created a checkpoint.

Brett: I walk up to them and say fuck you
This is a poignantly accurate depiction of every D&D campaign I’ve played since the 4th grade.

Vecna

#10 Post by Vecna » Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 am

*CA-CAAAW*

fuuuuck yoooouuuuu

TheMadMonarch

#11 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 17, 2021 12:22 am

This time I have, sadly, not been given a mafia role...

President Eden

#12 Post by President Eden » Mon May 17, 2021 12:34 am

##VOTE Chaqa

1. I am mafia
2. Chaqa and I have determined, after many months of suspicious coincidences, that we are different personalities within one person suffering from split personality disorder
3. Only one person gets a role PM
4. Therefore, we have the same role PM
5. Therefore, he's mafia

Two down two to go boys.

TheMadMonarch

#13 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 17, 2021 12:42 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:34 am
##VOTE Chaqa

1. I am mafia
2. Chaqa and I have determined, after many months of suspicious coincidences, that we are different personalities within one person suffering from split personality disorder
3. Only one person gets a role PM
4. Therefore, we have the same role PM
5. Therefore, he's mafia

Two down two to go boys.
interesting...

##VOTE Vecna

TheMadMonarch

#14 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 17, 2021 12:58 am

No-one's talking. I miss Brainbomb :(

TheMadMonarch

#15 Post by TheMadMonarch » Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 am

I'm gonna try a new personality this game. You have been warned.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#16 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon May 17, 2021 1:15 am

Not sure I like how Gary's basement smells!

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#17 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon May 17, 2021 1:26 am

Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:58 am
That's alright; ghug will take over. Or me. I might talk a lot. Although I have interviews coming up next week that I need to prepare for. Hoping it's the last position before I retire. 57 more months with students.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#18 Post by ghug » Mon May 17, 2021 2:34 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:42 pm
Haven't read the setup yet.

have read my role PM.

It's pretty bland.

##Vote ghug
##VOTE Chaqa

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#19 Post by ghug » Mon May 17, 2021 2:35 am

Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 am
I'm gonna try a new personality this game. You have been warned.
Big fan of you deciding to have a personality.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#20 Post by ghug » Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:26 am
Macca573 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:58 am
That's alright; ghug will take over. Or me. I might talk a lot. Although I have interviews coming up next week that I need to prepare for. Hoping it's the last position before I retire. 57 more months with students.
Hi

I'm sunburned to the point that my brain can't function so I'm just gonna shitpost for a while.

Also if I weren't sunburned I would just shitpost for a while.