MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 67 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD —//—//— CURSE OF THE AZURE BONDS [hidden]

#1261 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:09 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:13 pm
Well that makes me sad.

So anyway, damo is still lying and needs to be sorted. While I would like it to happen today I figure I'mma get a lot of flak that "He'll sort himself out"

Besudes that. I'm between fish, food, and hambrianboner. My spicy wagon on the menu is currently rdr
What in the shittin' shit is this? At least you're not guilty of buddying me, but if you're town you are barking up the wrong dangnab hamiltree.

Why was I townreading you again?
Posts like these are problematic.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1262 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 21, 2021 2:20 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm
How are you selling jailor!damo?

Agreed on emc, for today.
From my position it is the the only possible explanation.

worcej

#1263 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:35 am
For those convinced damo and I are scum: where are our teammates voting right now?
Is this important in any way?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1264 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:05 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:54 pm

Anyway, HB just now getting indignant over a sus that I've had on him since just after the D1 flip is...a thing.

Am I?
As was just quoted by another player you kinda went all full on over the glasses 'why did I townread you' like waking up next to a 2 you swear was a 9 halfway through that bottle of Jack last night.

worcej

#1265 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:02 am
foodcoats wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Yes, very perplexing. Gimix seems ultra towny to me. Maybe Perpwave has a scan on him?

@Perp why you voting gimix? Should we sheep you?
It strikes me as rather awful, if you are the JOAT, and we’re set to lose or have neutralized a second of three PRs on D2, that you are PR fishing.
+1

On one hand, it sounds like a terrible idea to be killing an unCC'd PR. Why would scum be afraid of HR being cop when it would be impossible for cop HR to have scanned Damo already? Then again, it bothers me how scummy Damo feels atm.
The thing you're missing is cop!HR would've immediately known damo was full of shit because the cop knows who the JOAT is. I thought HR was the cop with how ballsy he was about staying on damo during EOD1.

worcej

#1266 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:25 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:20 am
ghug wrote:
For those convinced damo and I are scum: where are our teammates voting right now?
I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that you two are scum yet, but I'm leaning that way at least on you.
Possibly on Damo: I'm bothered by how RHK tried to take the blame for the Chaqa death and I still uncertain about Vecna who seemed happy to take out Chaqa without much explanation on his part.
Possibly on lfischl: I think food looks worse if you two are scum.
Possibly haven't voted yet: I have very little read on EMC and lfischl so far given their activity.
Possibly I've missed someone: It seems unreasonable to expect people to have all the scum nailed by D2. And I think you know that. We don't need to know your teammates yet if we think you're scum. So the fact that you've brought it up regardless bothers me.
+1 for that last paragraph.

worcej

#1267 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:29 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:47 am
celaph wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:20 am
ghug wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm convinced that you two are scum yet, but I'm leaning that way at least on you.
Possibly on Damo: I'm bothered by how RHK tried to take the blame for the Chaqa death and I still uncertain about Vecna who seemed happy to take out Chaqa without much explanation on his part.
Possibly on lfischl: I think food looks worse if you two are scum.
Possibly haven't voted yet: I have very little read on EMC and lfischl so far given their activity.
Possibly I've missed someone: It seems unreasonable to expect people to have all the scum nailed by D2. And I think you know that. We don't need to know your teammates yet if we think you're scum. So the fact that you've brought it up regardless bothers me.
I'm not asking you to name specific people. What I'm trying to get at is that either the remaining scum are content sacrificing both of us to go deep, or chilling entirely uselessly on the sidelines and letting us both get caught without garnering any cred. I don't think either of those makes much sense, and there are enough people who seem happy to hop aboard the groupthink that some of them must be town (like you, I think), so I want those people to think about their picture of the game a little bit and realize it doesn't make sense.

It seems you'd rather confbias a scummy explanation for everything I say though, so that's nice.
This post is gross.

The two options you're presenting are 'content to sacrifice' or 'uselessly on the sideline'. Of the two groups you say, there are 4 (your voters + me) and of the latter, I'd say only there are also only 4 possibilities: damo, EMC, HB, and food.

Any vote for damo isn't useless - he's so obviously scum with how little he's done with being outted. ActualPR!damo has done far more leading in the past and he is for sure in damage control mode.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1268 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 21, 2021 2:29 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:23 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

Anyway, HB just now getting indignant over a sus that I've had on him since just after the D1 flip is...a thing.

Am I?
As was just quoted by another player you kinda went all full on over the glasses 'why did I townread you' like waking up next to a 2 you swear was a 9 halfway through that bottle of Jack last night.
This, I love!!! And I forgot about that post, so thanks for keeping me honest and calling me on my shit.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1269 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri May 21, 2021 2:34 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm
celaph wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:18 pm

It strikes me as rather awful, if you are the JOAT, and we’re set to lose or have neutralized a second of three PRs on D2, that you are PR fishing.
+1

On one hand, it sounds like a terrible idea to be killing an unCC'd PR. Why would scum be afraid of HR being cop when it would be impossible for cop HR to have scanned Damo already? Then again, it bothers me how scummy Damo feels atm.
The thing you're missing is cop!HR would've immediately known damo was full of shit because the cop knows who the JOAT is. I thought HR was the cop with how ballsy he was about staying on damo during EOD1.
This makes sense if damo had claimed much earlier though, right? As the poisoner though, nothing doing.

worcej

#1270 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:36 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
So I wanna sell more people on getting rid of damo (who is the jailor btdubs)

My reasoning on fish and perp are still the piles from off-wagons mostly. Fish's actual content isn't awful.

Emc is a policy and tastes really really bad. It's super low info and doesn't help us really.

rdr is a random selection. No real rhyme or reason. I almost always read him wrong, so I'm never sure. He's just a bowl of spicy ramen (Moqueca?) to liven up[ conversation. Last time I kinda got chaqa killed tho.
I'm onboard with almost all of this except Perp, who I think is town currently.

Towncore, UNITE!!!

worcej

#1271 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:24 pm
celaph wrote:

+1

This makes sense if damo had claimed much earlier though, right? As the poisoner though, nothing doing.
You're blatantly being scummy to me by not getting my point when it was in direct response to your own question.

worcej

#1272 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:38 pm

And here I read the quotes wrong... it was celaph's point.

You're just being naive.

worcej

#1273 Post by worcej » Fri May 21, 2021 2:45 pm

So in more direct response to you HB, my thought process is HR had a read that damo was scum and was more confident in it than the fake claim. HR made it pretty blatantly obvious that he scummed damo right around when the claim happened and the only possibility of being so sure of that would be if he was cop, which scum would also know.

So, FWIW, my EON1 reads list comment for damo was built based on my read that HR was the cop signalling that damo was lying. Then, N1 processed and these things happened:
  1. HR died. I think it's entirely safe to assume scum thought he was cop.
  2. I was jailed. My thought is the scum thought I was poisoner asking for advice (something I would credit ghug for pushing over anyone else)
  3. Damo got a 'free action'.
Use some logic here - what do you think is reality?

Vecna

#1274 Post by Vecna » Fri May 21, 2021 2:55 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:00 pm
Although I townread the damo wagon, except Vecna, who seems off.
Can you expand on this a bit?

Vecna

#1275 Post by Vecna » Fri May 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm
Macca573 wrote:
I think that we can almost guarantee one of HR's scumreads was right. Why? well...

He's the poisoner, and I think it very unlikely that he held, so why was there no death?

1. JOAT healed someone.
Why would any JOAT do this? Only JOAT!Damo protecting himself could cause this. (and the HR hits damo; also unlikely)

2. HR hit the mound.
This makes perfect sense. He targeted a scumread and stuck gold. Only to be killed and have the poison nullified.

TL;DR I think the Mound is within HR's scumreads
Trying to get the role info in here to compare:
Poisoner: If poisoner targets a jailed person or the shambler the action will fail right away.

Heal: Choose target player at night. That player cannot be killed and you will learn if they were attacked. The person saved will also learn they survived. A person healed will also be saved from poison, should the poisoner target them that night.

Mound: You are immune to poison and lightning. During a day phase once per game you may smother another player silencing them for the remainder of the day. Players silenced in this way will not be able to be eliminated and will survive daykilling. Silencing will be announced in the game thread.

I think the odds of HR hitting the mound so early is so low.

What's more likely? JOAT healing the poisoned player or poisoner hitting mound?
And so what? Just seems like some perverse navelgazing to rabbithole down.
I think people automatically assuming that the odds of HR withholding to be low are making a mistake.

Its one thing to keep your vote on a target that claimed to be a PR. Its another entirely to kill off that claimant without a PR counterclaim. Especially in a situation where a single counterclaim yields so much information.

And HR couldve also grasped the possibility of Ghug being a potential cop. And he knows he's been very wrong on Damo a lot in recent games.

So, why do people wanna push the narrative now that its a given he poisoned someone?

HR is a thoughtful player, and while he believes in his own ability, he's also rational about these things.

foodcoats

#1276 Post by foodcoats » Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:00 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Macca573 wrote:
I think that we can almost guarantee one of HR's scumreads was right. Why? well...

He's the poisoner, and I think it very unlikely that he held, so why was there no death?

1. JOAT healed someone.
Why would any JOAT do this? Only JOAT!Damo protecting himself could cause this. (and the HR hits damo; also unlikely)

2. HR hit the mound.
This makes perfect sense. He targeted a scumread and stuck gold. Only to be killed and have the poison nullified.

TL;DR I think the Mound is within HR's scumreads
Poisoner: If poisoner targets a jailed person or the shambler the action will fail right away.

Heal: Choose target player at night. That player cannot be killed and you will learn if they were attacked. The person saved will also learn they survived. A person healed will also be saved from poison, should the poisoner target them that night.

Mound: You are immune to poison and lightning. During a day phase once per game you may smother another player silencing them for the remainder of the day. Players silenced in this way will not be able to be eliminated and will survive daykilling. Silencing will be announced in the game thread.

I think people automatically assuming that the odds of HR withholding to be low are making a mistake.

Its one thing to keep your vote on a target that claimed to be a PR. Its another entirely to kill off that claimant without a PR counterclaim. Especially in a situation where a single counterclaim yields so much information.

And HR couldve also grasped the possibility of Ghug being a potential cop. And he knows he's been very wrong on Damo a lot in recent games.

So, why do people wanna push the narrative now that its a given he poisoned someone?

HR is a thoughtful player, and while he believes in his own ability, he's also rational about these things.
And he wouldn’t have poisoned some null instead? I don’t really buy that. I think it’s likely HR fired.

foodcoats

#1277 Post by foodcoats » Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:55 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:00 pm
Although I townread the damo wagon, except Vecna, who seems off.
Can you expand on this a bit?
You’re playing really tight.

Vecna

#1278 Post by Vecna » Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:45 pm
So in more direct response to you HB, my thought process is HR had a read that damo was scum and was more confident in it than the fake claim. HR made it pretty blatantly obvious that he scummed damo right around when the claim happened and the only possibility of being so sure of that would be if he was cop, which scum would also know.

So, FWIW, my EON1 reads list comment for damo was built based on my read that HR was the cop signalling that damo was lying. Then, N1 processed and these things happened:
  1. HR died. I think it's entirely safe to assume scum thought he was cop.
  2. I was jailed. My thought is the scum thought I was poisoner asking for advice (something I would credit ghug for pushing over anyone else)
  3. Damo got a 'free action'.
Use some logic here - what do you think is reality?
Im just gonna continue playing devils advocate (while voting to kill off damo, because why the fuck not)...

If scum knew Damo was town, why would they not act exactly like this?

*killing HR gives credibility to people thinking scum thought he was the cop, ergo raising suspicion of Damo
*Killing HR also circumvents the very likely scenario that the JOAT self-saved, ergo no failed kill.
*Jailing someone other than damo raises further suspicion on Damo
*Setting up damo the JOAT as a d2 misskill is likely to get the cop to out in scums mind. The cop is pretty much the only real danger to scum in this setup.

I feel Damo's play is incredibly scummy here, dont get me wrong. It really feels like he has given up. But everyone pretending like this could not just be a simple play by scum to get damo misskilled is being a bit delusional imo.

(to add to this; if Damo is scum, why on earth jailkeep a random person? that shit just completely seals his fate. The only way you can justify that is if youre 100% certain HR is going to flip cop, which noone could realistically be).

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1279 Post by DemonRHK » Fri May 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Vecna wrote:

HR knows he is a high end default/fearkill target, and the possibility of a double PR fish at end of day didn't help matters.

I think 80/20 favoiring the likelyhood HR pops the top of the mummy's rot N1 there.

Vecna

#1280 Post by Vecna » Fri May 21, 2021 3:19 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:

And he wouldn’t have poisoned some null instead? I don’t really buy that. I think it’s likely HR fired.
Why on earth would you kill rando's and reduce the length of the game on a 70/30 shot to hit scum?