Mafia 67 Signups —//— The Curse of the Azure Bonds

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
yavuzovic

Re: Mafia 67 Signups —//— The Curse of the Azure Bonds

#61 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

I wanted to play this game, it looks really fun but I have to step out. I have to study for my university enterence exams which will be in June. That's important. Sorry.

Also Vecna occupied the parrot.

brainbomb

#62 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Rather than confirming youll play there is a contract to add your name too.

:oldforum: Contract of Participation :oldforum:
I ______ have read the rules and will follow them to the best of my ability. I understand I must read my role PM. I understand I must post 5 times per day phase. I understand I must vote once per day phase. I am comfortable with these requests and will adhere to them.
I understand that targeting, flaming, and attacking others is against our community guidelines. I will treat others with respect.
If I am unable to fulfil this contract I accept that I will be replaced or removed.

If you wish to PM me this contract feel free.
If you wish to pm it to me on discord feel free.
Or you may quote it in this thread.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#63 Post by flash2015 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:42 pm

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4. rdrivera2005
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6. gimix
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8. Perplexity
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
🔱14. Macca573 (they/them)
👑15. Hellenic Riot
💍16.
🦄17. yavuzovic
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20. e.m.c
🐊21. damo
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24. foodcoats

Subs:
🥖: celaph (he/him)
🥗: Tom Bombadil
🥪: The Flashiest (flash2015)

brainbomb

#64 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 pm

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4. rdrivera2005
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6. gimix
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8. Perplexity
⚔️9.
🐔10. BobMcBob
🔮11.
⛏12. worcej
⚜️13.
🔱14. Macca573 (they/them)
👑15. Hellenic Riot
💍16.
🦄17.
🦇18.
🦂19.
🐍20. e.m.c
🐊21. damo
🦜22. Vecna
🐇23.
🕊24. foodcoats

Subs:

worcej

#65 Post by worcej » Sat May 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Perplexity wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:24 am
for transparency purposes, I'm not new so that's why I mention this now so that I won't get questions during the game 'are you new, where you from'

Had an account ages ago, I think it was called vaporwave. I've asked permission from mod so he deleted that account and told me to make a new 1

that's all. But treat me as new cause I'm rusty
Awww sweet, I was wondering where you went :D

worcej

#66 Post by worcej » Sat May 08, 2021 7:16 pm

I also confirm to the game, the posting requirements, and will follow our community rules.

brainbomb

#67 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 8:08 pm

Okay now were gonna come to the part about phase shifts.

I need to do 6pm CDT to properly be able to be present.
6pm CDT is midnight London time.

Sincerest apologies to our friends across the pond.

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#68 Post by gimix » Sat May 08, 2021 8:13 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am
Also, should I play as old Bob or new bob?

Place your votes below
How many Bobs do we have :lol:

brainbomb

#69 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 8:37 pm

ELABORATION

0. Given a lack of omniscience, the GM cannot create a rule to resolve all possible scenarios pre-emptively. To compensate for this, the GM is permitted to resolve a given scenario however they see fit, within the remit of the rules listed above, in the interest of all participants. The GM will resolve all scenarios as closely as possible to the intention of the rules, and will present an explanation regarding the adjudication to the greatest possible detail (which does not compromise anything in-game) and as closely in accordance with the written rules as possible.

1. You MUST cast a vote at least once during each day phase. Anyone violating this rule will be modkilled unless there are very extenuating circumstances. You may vote and then 'unvote' if you change your mind as the Day progresses. You may also vote "No Kill" if you want there to be no daykill. During each day phase, every player MUST make at least two game-related posts. The GMs will use reasonable discretion when applying this rule.

2. All role PMs have been posted in the setup information. You may not share real or fabricated screenshots of your role PM or any other PM to you from the GM. You may not make manifestly false claims regarding private GM correspondence which implies the GM has provided you with information you should not have received, or otherwise made a mistake - because this will draw the GM into the game in a manner which should be avoided. The point of this rule is to forbid "gaming" messages from the GM to determine alignments; after all, the fun of this game is reading people, not outguessing the GM.

3. Encryption is defined as posting an encoded message on public channels that an average person would require outside software or other tools to decode. It is perfectly acceptable to leave "hidden messages" in your posts (for example, spelling out "I AM THE COP" with the first letters of every sentence), but as a rule of thumb, if you don't think the average user could decode it without a decryption service, don't post it.

4. All in-game communications should be kept within the thread. Only GM endorsed QuickTopic threads can be used for communicating with one another outside of the main game thread; aside from this, there should be no other forms of private messaging between players. You may PM the GM with questions or instructions.

5. Players who have been removed from the game are no longer playing the game, and will not be permitted to comment on it in private messages or comment threads. A special QuickTopic "God Thread" will be opened for individuals who wish to spectate on the game, or players who have been eliminated. Use this channel to discuss the game while it is still ongoing.

6. This is a catch-all rule intended to preserve the spirit of the game. If you are considering saying or doing something that may be against the spirit of the game, message the GM about it before saying/doing it and the GM will let you know whether it is allowed or not.

To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics. Players may not doctor, and create fake game related mechanics. Players may not share personal correspondence between GM to player under any circumstances. The GM will not confirm any claims, or adjudicate based upon anything that could easily be sorted out through questioning and evidentiary circumstance.

7. This rule simply means that your actions should in some conceivable way advance your win condition as stated in your role PM. This rule is somewhat subjective, because the difference between a mistake and sabotage is sometimes hard to determine; the GM will exercise caution and restraint in observing this rule. This also means that if you need to leave the game for any reason, you should not simply drop out, but should message me first so I can determine the best course of action.

8. If someone wishes to concede defeat, they must PM the GM, or post in their relevant QT thread for the GM to check it over. Public concessions are not permitted.

9. You are not permitted to click the "+1" on any other player's in-game posts. Giving +1s to the GM, by contrast, is actively encouraged.

10. The Forum rules will apply in Mafia games run in the Forum Games sub-forum. Your attention is drawn in particular to Forum Rule #2 "No abusive, bigoted, or degrading content".

The webDip Admins, Moderators and Site Owners have made it very clear to us that they do not want to be dragged into dealing with problems arising from Mafia games and by-and-large want as little as possible to do with supervising this sub-forum. They have also made it very clear that if they are frequently required to intervene in Mafia games, the preference of the Site Owners will be simply to ban Mafia from webDip altogether. Therefore except in very exceptional circumstances, the application of the Forum rules, and of Rule #2 in particular, during Mafia games, will be the responsibility of (a) the GM in that game, and (b) the Council, currently consisting of Dargorygel and Jamiet99uk.

brainbomb

#70 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 8:39 pm

ROLE ACTIONS
If you are a Power Role or otherwise have any actions to take, please PM your action the GM. Night actions will be processed at the end of the night and can be changed up to that point. Mafia's night kill and other factional actions will be voted on in the relevant QuickTopic thread.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

SPAM:
Spamming (defined as excessive content-free posting; or, excessive posting regarding subjects irrelevant to the game) is not modkilled by rule in this game, although exceptionally egregious examples may result in action as noted in "Enforcement" above. Generally, the in-game voting mechanic exists to curb any advantage that spamming as a tactic may confer; please reference the “VOTING” section below for more information. Suffice to say that spamming is not worth anyone’s time, and will be frowned upon, so while you may not be modkilled or removed for spamming, please refrain from doing so.

PLAYER SILENCES:
Players that have other participants on their "foes list" are asked to un-mute them for the duration of this game. Disputes stemming from outside of this game should not carry over into the gameplay. If they do, the GM and Council reserve the right to address these issues and potentially remove or sanction players if it becomes a disruption.

FORUM SILENCES:
If a player is silenced on the Forum (by the site moderators, admins, or the infernal meddling of Satan) the GM will seek an alternate to take their place for the duration of their silence. The silenced player will then have the option to take their position back over or leave it in the hands of the alternate. As long as the silence does not stem from actions involving the Mafia thread, there will be no in-game sanctions for a forum silence.

REPLACEMENTS:
A player wishing to drop out may be replaced at the GM's discretion. Individuals wishing to serve as potential replacements must NOT join the out-of-game God QT. Replacement is not guaranteed.

TURN DURATION:
This game’s Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, unless cut short by in-game mechanics (e.g., hammer). Extensions may be granted at the GM’s discretion, but don’t count on it. Phase shifts will be at 11pm GMT.

VOTING

There are three types of voting within this game: collective voting to execute perceived Mafia in Day phases, collective voting to end a Day or Night phase, and Factional voting to kill people in Night phases (for instance, the Mafia Night Kill).

“Day Kill” vote: The first level of voting is for whom you intend to kill. Notate this vote with a pair of hash symbols before your intended vote target. (e.g., ##VOTE VECNA) You do not need to spell out your intended target's username fully; as long as the GM can understand who you're referencing. In the event of a tie during an execution vote, no one shall be killed.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not use double hashtags your vote will not be counted, for reasons of fairness but also because it is unlikely the GM will see your vote using the CTRL+F feature and this rule thus prevents vote miscounts.

Must Vote: At the end of the Day phase, all participating players must have voted. See Rule 1 for further information.

Hammer Vote: The second level of voting is whether or not to employ the hammer mechanic. By default, days are set to 48 hours long, and nights to 24 hours long; however, players may instead elect to activate the hammer mechanic. Notate this vote with a pair of hashes before the word end. (EX: ##END). The day will end as soon as a majority of players are voting to endhammer the same player. If you are not able to vote before the hammer is dropped, you will not be penalized for failing to vote during that day. Night phases may not normally be hammered - any exception to this will require a 100% end vote of all players, and if permitted will be announced by the GM.

Nightkill Votes: The third level of voting refers to Mafia members (and/or other anti-Town factions, where present) choosing their NK (nightkill) target during Night phases. Players participating in such a vote will use their separate QuickTopic thread. Please make your votes in bold, like so: (<b> kill Wjessop </b>). Factional NKs will be decided by majority vote. In the event of a tie, the oldest vote will break the tie. The oldest vote determines which member of the Faction actually performs the kill.

brainbomb

#71 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 pm

apologies for spamming rules in here but for game thread im going to simplify and condense the rules into url form

GENERAL RULES
ELABORATION
ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES, and PENALTIES
MISCELLANEOUS

Jamiet99uk

#72 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 08, 2021 8:47 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm
Rather than confirming youll play there is a contract to add your name to.

:oldforum: Contract of Participation :oldforum:
I ______ have read the rules and will follow them to the best of my ability. I understand I must read my role PM. I understand I must post 5 times per day phase. I understand I must vote once per day phase. I am comfortable with these requests and will adhere to them.
I understand that targeting, flaming, and attacking others is against our community guidelines. I will treat others with respect.
If I am unable to fulfil this contract I accept that I will be replaced or removed.

If you wish to PM me this contract feel free.
If you wish to pm it to me on discord feel free.
Or you may quote it in this thread.
Polite note:

I have discussed this proposed "Contract of Participation" with Dargorygel and we are of the view that, while the sentiment in which it has been drafted is entirely agreeable, it is probably not necessary.

A Mafia GM does not have the power to enter into contracts via webDip, and it should be understood by everyone that when you sign up for the game, you are automatically agreeing to abide by the rules - including both rules of conduct, and game rules relating to posting and voting. This includes ALL the rules of the webDip forum, as has been previously made very clear. Quoting or re-posting a "contract" to this effect is therefore not required - and we would not want to create a precedent that implied this would become a requirement in future games.

This was a clearly a well-intentioned idea, Brainbomb, but it isn't really necessary. I hope that's alright. Thanks.

brainbomb

#73 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 pm

In light of that, feel free to confirm your interest in playing next Sunday in the traditional manner; and signups will of course remain open in the meantime.

brainbomb

#74 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 08, 2021 10:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 pm
🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4. rdrivera2005
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6. gimix
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8. Perplexity
🐔9. BobMcBob
⛏10 worcej
🔱11.Macca573 (they/them)
👑12. Hellenic Riot
🐍13. e.m.c
🐊14. damo
🦜15. Vecna
🕊16.foodcoats
🧞‍♂️17.
🧜‍♂️18.
🧙‍♀️19.
🧝‍♀️20.
🧝21.
🍄22.
🎲23.
🏰24.

Subs:

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#75 Post by DemonRHK » Sun May 09, 2021 12:16 am

Hi, I will be cosplaying old DRHK. I apologize for nothing.

🐴1. lfischl
🐉2. bona
🐲3. hamilton brian
🐀4. rdrivera2005
🦔5. ghuggles
🏹6. gimix
🌯7. Chaqa
🔪8. Perplexity
🐔9. BobMcBob
⛏10 worcej
🔱11.Macca573 (they/them)
👑12. Hellenic Riot
🐍13. e.m.c
🐊14. damo
🦜15. Vecna
🕊16.foodcoats
🧞‍♂️17. DemonRHK
🧜‍♂️18.
🧙‍♀️19.
🧝‍♀️20.
🧝21.
🍄22.
🎲23.
🏰24.

Subs:

TheMadMonarch

#76 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am
Also, should I play as old Bob or new bob?

Place your votes below
New Bob is a hoot. Let's have a go at that.

TheMadMonarch

#77 Post by TheMadMonarch » Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 am

BB, if I am maf can I put my PR orders in maf chat?

brainbomb

#78 Post by brainbomb » Sun May 09, 2021 6:51 am

Macca573 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:08 am
BB, if I am maf can I put my PR orders in maf chat?
as long as u arent sniper ya

BobMcBob

#79 Post by BobMcBob » Sun May 09, 2021 8:28 am

Unfortunately, I will probably have to dip from this game because nobody else wanted to sign up for champs lol.

That said, if I can get some people to provide quotes describing my playstyle that I can chuck in my bio so people know what kind of bad they should be expecting, that would be appreciated.

damo666

#80 Post by damo666 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 am

I'm sorry I also gonna have to miss this one.

1) I am unavailable May 16-18
2) midnight EODs a bit difficult and I don't like missing EODs
3) 5 post requirement with a large number of players probably means too big a reading commitment

Hopefully back for the following game.

Good luck all.