MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#921 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 pm

I can see kgray's point about wanting to DK, but it's also not bad play to bait werewolf (I don't think...I never know how to deal with these 3P).

a) DK darg...determine alignment
b) Don't DK darg, then...a)scum know who they are and decide, "Hey, let's kill the cop" Either they are or aren't. b) Not the cop. but pulls ww to make that mechanic play. Counts as an error, which then triggers something to make wolf less effective.

I don't know. What's shitty, and I'm just now copping on to it, is that this gives a lot of cover to scum to get on an easy wagon.

Not a good town play, Darg. :(

Jamiet99uk

#922 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:13 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:06 am
@Ghug: Could you tell us more about why you scumread Kgray and Chaqa?
I like Chaqa right now, so he's probably scum. I'm going to give him a day or two though, since he may actually just be behaving nicely because of last game.

Kgray said something that irked me. I don't remember what it was, but it's discoverable because I responded to it.
So, your scumread on Chaqa is based on your assumption that you are incompetent. That was Worcej's old trick, wasn't it? "Oh I'll vote my townread because I'm usually wrong!"

And your scumread on Kgray is based on something you can't remember.

Solid work, Ghuggalo. What sleuthing. No wonder Vecna has such faith in you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#923 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:20 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 am
I'm going to ##Vote Maniac

Note 1: Today is my 40th birthday and I cannot promise that I am especially motivated to spend the evening of my 40th birthday in the company of you humanoids. Therefore I cannot promise to be around at EoD. However I think Maniac is a solid wagon at this point in time.
Happy birthday, Jimmit!

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#924 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:23 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm
##vote darg
You are moving your vote ONTO the person who just claimed Cop?
I think he's lying. Real cop wouldn't claim like this.
Bona is unlikely to be mafia unless darg is also mafia.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#925 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:06 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:09 am
celaph wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am

It's a confusing way to post this, but the words in the quotes are Bona's thoughts on each quote (best I can tell). If you click on the arrow it leads you to the quote he apparently likes.

The tl;dr for his post seems to be that Bona townreads the people who criticized brain which leaves me feeling icky.
Yeah, I surmised that. It takes extra time to sort out, and it's bound to lead to some people thinking bona's thoughts are others', so I'm strongly suggesting that he should stop.
:razz:
I'll policy vote you if you do it again. How about that?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#926 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm

So bona had a very odd set of fubar'd quotes. That was odd. Celaph then came in trying to do some sort of Rorschach interpretation of the mess. I felt meh about bona's post but celaph felt gross here.

NOTE: I had this typed after reading through 42 and was intending a vote here. I caught the claim but intend to leave this and what follows alone for my thought process at that time without the vote attached however)
Dargo's entire don't jump to conclusions followed by immediately doing that was god awful.

damo's reluctance to vote jamie is also off. not wanting to vote people D1 is, well, normal. But to that point jamie hadn't done much and had limped in the game. It almost seems like a tactic to avoid pressure, but that's not something I'd normally expect from damo.

food asked for a list way back when, currently I am scum on darg (see above), cona for a lot of the odd stuff with bb early and the messy expla9i8nation of townreads, with sus on celaph if that would flip red for the white-knighting of the quote disaster

(Post claim)
I am scumreading bona, damo, rdr (lack of substance in posting. I feel rdr has few but impactful posts and I ain't seeing that)

toewn on brain, vecna, chaqa

food feels like he's shotgunning everything at the wall and is a townlean. Jamie feels uninvested and is a monor scumlean. As stated a scum bona make me think scum cel is possible (Might be anyway but that post would be really odd as scum covering town.

##vote bona

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#927 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:28 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 pm
foodcoats wrote:
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:07 pm

Because it seems unlikely he survives tonight anyway? Although maybe he really is lying and can bait the werewolf.
Well I'm sure interested to hear what better players than I think of this logic.
Yeah, so am I. That's why I asked.
And I'm suspicious that Vecna left without addressing this. Normally he'd be all over this kind of optimizing mechs discussions. And assuming he doesn't think darg should be the DK given he responded by voting for Demon, then I'd expect him to be shooting down what a terrible idea this is.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#928 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
especially if they'll be on at EoD
He said he wouldn’t be

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#929 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:52 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:24 am
also, since you're here right now

@ghug please tell me, what do you think about my dargo theory
That he's looking to follow on a wagon?

I legitimately like the Maniac vote as much as I can like any vote day one. Darg's votes are unimpressive but not completely out of character. I'm more concerned with the way he walked back the Bona vote when it became clear his logic was backwards.
What did you want him to do, keep insisting on an argument that'd been proven false? What was different about how he backed out of his vote compared to what food did?
He felt super awkward and claimed he'd been tunneling. Food was more "oh whoops" and moved on.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#930 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:35 pm

I think there’s no benefit to DKing Dargo unless we think he’s mafia. If he’s the cop he’s gonna did tonight to the WW or mafia. Let’s look elsewhere.

I find it silly Kgray would even suggest it.

##Vote kgray

celaph

#931 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:38 pm
im sure theres a scum somewhere in my 16 reads. 💯
Hey mods, I'm out here trying to make sure brain is never right this game. Can we change the roles around so that all 16 reads are town? :razz:

celaph

#932 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:16 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm

this exchange alone does not seem NAI to me at all. Macca is trying to understand what the bad guys flavor is and kak is offering clarity on it
not seem NAI? Does this make you town or scum read me? I can see a (very flimsy) line for scum, but it's bad either way.
Townpoints to Macca for questioning this when brain has been adamantly townreading them.
It's certainly Macca's best post in the sequence, but besides it there is very little of note in that catch-up.

celaph

#933 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 am
I'm going to ##Vote Maniac

Note 1: Today is my 40th birthday and I cannot promise that I am especially motivated to spend the evening of my 40th birthday in the company of you humanoids. Therefore I cannot promise to be around at EoD. However I think Maniac is a solid wagon at this point in time.
Happy Birthday!

celaph

#934 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 am
Forgot Vecna. Not voting V today.
Agree on that last part. Vecna is feeling towny at the moment.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#935 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:11 pm
That was a lot to catch up on.

I’m still feeling generally good about brain, bona, Ghug, and a few others. I like a vote on Macca or food or HB today I think
Details, Chaqa, details.
Why to good feels on brain, bona, ghug?
Why the bad feels on Macca or myself?
The brain vs. bona argument seemed very town-oriented earlier. I pointed it out at the time, and I still think that the only way either is scum is if Macca is, so I'd prefer to vote out Macca first before either of them. If Macca is innocent, I think likely both of them are.

Ghug, it's hard to explain, but I've always had a really good scum-o-meter with him throughout the years, and it hasn't gone off yet. Maybe given time it will. I also like his pushes on Kgray and Maniac, both of whom I think are being pretty lazy compared to normal (esp. Maniac).

On the flipside-
Foodcoats was REALLY pinging me earlier with his input into a few arguments, and I felt some of his posts were "look busy" type posts:
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:05 pm
*yawn*

D1 is going to probably be boring unfortunately...
Hi worcej. Why do you think D1 will be boring? Secondly, what would make it !!EXCITING!!?

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 am
celaph wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:51 am

I look forward to playing with such fools as y'all. If you're surprised by such inane actions as our brave Aeneas jokingly engaging in the democratic processes upon which the great nations below were built, then being tricked by others like myself will come most naturally to you.
Haha, this made me laugh.

celaph, are you claiming to be scum who is tricking town!brain and town!worcej?
You say you have a good scum-o-meter on me when you're scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#936 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:52 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:46 pm
I'm glad I checked in... sort of.
I told myself if my wagon picks up, I'd claim at noon. This is a close as i can be on at noon. I WILL try to be on a while before EoD... but at least at EoD.

Kgray, your reason for voting me is silly. That's the technical term. Your view of reality is correct. I DID, when wanting to move from brain, whom i was no longer scumreading, look for someone else to vote. And yes i DID see the conversation and say, 'wow that makes sense.' And voted. When I had a chance to rethink (after pushing by some of you) I changed my vote.

What exactly is scummy about that?

Do you only ever vote the things that you think of yourself? Do you never follow the conversations of others?

I "blame" kak and you for this. You started a momentum that others have (and likely will, you are very followable) followed.

I tried to put JUST enough scummy in (read the godthread later) so that I woudn't get NKed (if damo is scum.)

You two acted like this is D5 instead of D1. Some tiny thing that you convinced yourselves is big. I even reasoned pretty well with you, kgray. You didn't bother thinking through.

I am the cop.

I did not crumb (and still hope no one else does... I didn't like rdrivera's reaction to my suggestion to everyone to NOT crumb. Why would ww say that? think rdr!)

I haven't had a chance to investigate anyone, so I can't report that.

Seriously, for next game... remember your inner thoughts kgray and kak. There are plenty of scummier acting folk and things going on. This feels either lazy (which I know you are not) or scummy, since you know I am towny... who did some scummish things and you could sort of justify a vote.
Jesus

celaph

#937 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 am
celaph has big analytical posts? Are we reading the same game?
Examples below. They all strike me as something scum would write to seem active and hunty. They really don't seem very... authentic? And the fact that celaph is overall a low poster, not very reactive, sort of just comes in with these chunky beefs... it makes me think they're standing back from the keyboard, thinking very carefully, and then coming in with the non-committal-but-possibly-looks-good-at-a-quick-glance stuff.

<snip>
Based on my experience with scum!celaph, I disagree with your conclusion. He's never really a high poster and his activity and engagement here seems pretty standard town!celaph to me. When he was scum he just floated around doing literally nothing and I pretty easily caught him D1/D2. Here I see him making decent points and he's not just agreeing with whatever is being said.
In all fairness to myself, I played crap that one game as scum so it may not be the best comparison.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#938 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:53 pm

What the fuck?

You're under very minimal pressure and there's more than four hours to go.

Why are you shitting your pants in the middle of the town square?
Three options:
1. He is the Cop.
2. He's VT fake claiming Cop.
3. He's mafia and there is no Cop.

None makes much sense.
4. He's mafia baiting the cop to CC
Yeah nobody CC

celaph

#939 Post by celaph » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 pm
So bona had a very odd set of fubar'd quotes. That was odd. Celaph then came in trying to do some sort of Rorschach interpretation of the mess. I felt meh about bona's post but celaph felt gross here.

NOTE: I had this typed after reading through 42 and was intending a vote here. I caught the claim but intend to leave this and what follows alone for my thought process at that time without the vote attached however)
Dargo's entire don't jump to conclusions followed by immediately doing that was god awful.

damo's reluctance to vote jamie is also off. not wanting to vote people D1 is, well, normal. But to that point jamie hadn't done much and had limped in the game. It almost seems like a tactic to avoid pressure, but that's not something I'd normally expect from damo.

food asked for a list way back when, currently I am scum on darg (see above), cona for a lot of the odd stuff with bb early and the messy expla9i8nation of townreads, with sus on celaph if that would flip red for the white-knighting of the quote disaster

(Post claim)
I am scumreading bona, damo, rdr (lack of substance in posting. I feel rdr has few but impactful posts and I ain't seeing that)

toewn on brain, vecna, chaqa

food feels like he's shotgunning everything at the wall and is a townlean. Jamie feels uninvested and is a monor scumlean. As stated a scum bona make me think scum cel is possible (Might be anyway but that post would be really odd as scum covering town.

##vote bona
I hate that you talk so much about me just to leave me with a weak read at the end. I'm tempted to join this RHK wagon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#940 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:57 pm

kgray wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:13 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Well I'm sure interested to hear what better players than I think of this logic.
Because to me it sounds like kgray said "Let's try to make sure two townies die if possible rather than trying to daykill scum so only one townie dies."
What? I'm saying the werewolf could kill darg tonight (assuming he's telling the truth and the werewolf believes him).
The primary negative of the werewolf eating the cop is that the cop is dead. We shouldn't be DKing darg. Slight townpoints for suggesting it if he is town though.