MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18460
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10247
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6501 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:43 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm
jamie calm down
It's pretty clear a majority of you actively hate me, hold me deeply in contempt, or think I'm a joke. If the general view of the community is that my presence here is either harmful, or pitiful, or contemptible, then I think I know what I need to do.

It's a shame that it's come to this but my presence here is apparently no longer welcome. I'll comment further tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
I wouldn't say any of what you listed is true. You, like myself, are abrasive and are passionate. We both just have to be more respectful.

In regards to this game: You had a bad game and are a large part of why town lost here. It happens to all of us, so don't take it with as much salt as you are. Just try to be better.
Why is it my fault that Maniac determined to tunnel on me before I even posted?

Why is it my fault town's PRs outed themselves or got killed so easily?

Why is it my fault Damo shouted to everyone to get off Macca when I was on Macca and Macca was the right daykill at the end?

Everything is always Jamie's fault.

I've had enough.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Sakarya/Turkey
Karma: 563
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6502 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 06, 2021 12:03 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:43 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm
jamie calm down
It's pretty clear a majority of you actively hate me, hold me deeply in contempt, or think I'm a joke. If the general view of the community is that my presence here is either harmful, or pitiful, or contemptible, then I think I know what I need to do.

It's a shame that it's come to this but my presence here is apparently no longer welcome. I'll comment further tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
That's not correct. Actually you're the only c*mmunist I will ever like. I just warned you because you were going to get yourself banned.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2867
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Karma: 908

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6503 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu May 06, 2021 12:28 am

This is what y'all need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q18PmpBVc6Q

Thanks for playing, thanks HR and BobMcBob, and fucking be kind to one another once in a while!

worcej
Posts: 7994
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3963

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6504 Post by worcej » Thu May 06, 2021 12:41 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:43 pm


It's pretty clear a majority of you actively hate me, hold me deeply in contempt, or think I'm a joke. If the general view of the community is that my presence here is either harmful, or pitiful, or contemptible, then I think I know what I need to do.

It's a shame that it's come to this but my presence here is apparently no longer welcome. I'll comment further tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
I wouldn't say any of what you listed is true. You, like myself, are abrasive and are passionate. We both just have to be more respectful.

In regards to this game: You had a bad game and are a large part of why town lost here. It happens to all of us, so don't take it with as much salt as you are. Just try to be better.
Why is it my fault that Maniac determined to tunnel on me before I even posted?

Why is it my fault town's PRs outed themselves or got killed so easily?

Why is it my fault Damo shouted to everyone to get off Macca when I was on Macca and Macca was the right daykill at the end?

Everything is always Jamie's fault.

I've had enough.
  1. It isn't, but your response to him was poor and you never backed off.
  2. It isn't, but you were a key component of the later miskills that ended the game.
  3. Why did you have to move? Scum needed one miskill and you just followed damo because he shouted?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6505 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:43 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm
jamie calm down
It's pretty clear a majority of you actively hate me, hold me deeply in contempt, or think I'm a joke. If the general view of the community is that my presence here is either harmful, or pitiful, or contemptible, then I think I know what I need to do.

It's a shame that it's come to this but my presence here is apparently no longer welcome. I'll comment further tomorrow after I've had some sleep.
Get some sleep Jamiet. I don't think anybody hates you or dislike your presence, so calm down and move on.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6506 Post by kgray » Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 am

worcej wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:13 am
There is proof that these two are great at scum theater in the last game I ran.

I remember thinking they did a smashing job.
worcej. This kind of shit is so frustrating. What does that have to do with this game at all? How is that related to Jamie's question? If you think I'm putting on theater with someone then that's one thing, but this is just irrelevant fearmongering.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... 28/519.jpg
We weren't doing any scum theater when you brought it up, and hardly did the entire game, so your point was still irrelevant.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6507 Post by kgray » Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am

Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6508 Post by BobMcBob » Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm
Thanks for letting me "co-GM" HR. I didn't do much but I think I have a better idea of how to run a few things.

This game was a pain to watch, because it felt (at least partially with the benefit of omnipotence) that the scumteam was playing pretty bad in multiple situations. But town's ability to actually vote them out was legitimately awful. Celaph and Macca both should've died, and then kgray for celaph interactions. I have no clue how well I would've done as town actually playing, but I can be pretty sure nobody would've listened if I was right.

Also Jamie, shut your mouth. You played awfully too.
Didn't do much? Did you actually do anything?

Doesn't seem like you provided HR with much support.
This is actually correct. As HR clearly stated in the sign-up sheet, he did not need a co-GM and was capable of handling everything himself. I signed up mostly to get a look at what GMing was like behind the scenes (which is, once again, what it was advertised as) and I feel like I learned things. I did a couple vote counts and answered some GM calls, but not much else. I understand you hate everyone, but like seriously, what are you accusing me of here?
5

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6509 Post by BobMcBob » Thu May 06, 2021 2:19 am

For what it's worth, I do not hate you Jamie. I think your presence is valuable, I respect you, and I think you add to the community. However it doesn't help when you refuse to admit mistakes as your own. Yes, other people stuffed up this game, but so did you. Not everything is your fault, but it's not exclusively everybody else's either.

Now, as a "GM", I should probably shut up. And stay quieter next time I'm in this role. Both teams did things well, well played to everyone.
1

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Karma: 840

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6510 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm
Thanks for letting me "co-GM" HR. I didn't do much but I think I have a better idea of how to run a few things.

This game was a pain to watch, because it felt (at least partially with the benefit of omnipotence) that the scumteam was playing pretty bad in multiple situations. But town's ability to actually vote them out was legitimately awful. Celaph and Macca both should've died, and then kgray for celaph interactions. I have no clue how well I would've done as town actually playing, but I can be pretty sure nobody would've listened if I was right.

Also Jamie, shut your mouth. You played awfully too.
Didn't do much? Did you actually do anything?

Doesn't seem like you provided HR with much support.
This is actually correct. As HR clearly stated in the sign-up sheet, he did not need a co-GM and was capable of handling everything himself. I signed up mostly to get a look at what GMing was like behind the scenes (which is, once again, what it was advertised as) and I feel like I learned things. I did a couple vote counts and answered some GM calls, but not much else. I understand you hate everyone, but like seriously, what are you accusing me of here?
Yeah, I was worried the experience might be a bit dull for you which is why I wasn't sure whether to advertise it in the first place, but I'm glad you learnt something and I hope the runthroughs of everything I did to set the game up are/were helpful for when you run your game in the future anyway!
1

worcej
Posts: 7994
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3963

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6511 Post by worcej » Thu May 06, 2021 2:23 am

kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 am
worcej wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 pm


worcej. This kind of shit is so frustrating. What does that have to do with this game at all? How is that related to Jamie's question? If you think I'm putting on theater with someone then that's one thing, but this is just irrelevant fearmongering.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/fac ... 28/519.jpg
We weren't doing any scum theater when you brought it up, and hardly did the entire game, so your point was still irrelevant.
I mean, you can say what you want but it was correct :P

worcej
Posts: 7994
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3963

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6512 Post by worcej » Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am

kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am
Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6513 Post by kgray » Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 am

worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am
kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am
Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.
I mean, no? We objectively lost only one out of five members of our team. The busing sucked but it bought a lot of us a lot of towncred. Losing an important role was pretty irrelevant when we NK'd 3 PRs in a row. Macca and celaph were never real wagons at the end of the day, partly because of me defending my teammates. Chaqa and I *did* come off as towny to most of the players alive in the end of the game and were probably never going to be DK'd.

We did win, and we did it in an objectively decisive manner.
2

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 2867
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:21 am
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Karma: 908

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6514 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu May 06, 2021 2:36 am

Yeah, but my bites were on target. Just not correct. It is what it is. Y’all did well.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5007
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6515 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 06, 2021 2:37 am

There is a lot of difference between "wrong" and "terrible."

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5007
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6516 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 06, 2021 2:43 am

I was both wrong and terrible. There was a bunch of wrong town play. But not really terrible.

worcej
Posts: 7994
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3963

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6517 Post by worcej » Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 am

kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 am
worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am
kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:10 am
Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous to say scum played poorly and town just played worse. The only reason any scum died at all was because *we* bused him (again, sorry Demon) so obviously we did something right.

Maybe that's my ego talking, but whatever. I had fun. And thanks GMs.
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.
I mean, no? We objectively lost only one out of five members of our team. The busing sucked but it bought a lot of us a lot of towncred. Losing an important role was pretty irrelevant when we NK'd 3 PRs in a row. Macca and celaph were never real wagons at the end of the day, partly because of me defending my teammates. Chaqa and I *did* come off as towny to most of the players alive in the end of the game and were probably never going to be DK'd.

We did win, and we did it in an objectively decisive manner.
I mean, yes? You did win and your team did play poorly because the town played so poorly to make up for your mistakes. These are not mutually exclusive.

2/3 of the PRs your proud of NKing were luck, so you get no credit for that. Darg claimed early

The DKs of myself, Flum, Maniac, and HB were all mostly because the remaining town were bad, not that you led them, so no credit there.

You guys were scum-read by numerous people, especially celaph and Macca, yet the town did not organize and deal with you. The town left that didn't scum read you should strongly reflect on their ability to just auto-town someone because they did kill the only known scum. On webdip, busing is more common than people think it is.

TL;DR - You benefited from town being universally bad, on a level we haven't seen in awhile. You did enough to win, but your team as a whole played poorly.

worcej
Posts: 7994
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 3963

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6518 Post by worcej » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:36 am
Yeah, but my bites were on target. Just not correct. It is what it is. Y’all did well.
This is an important add to my point - the scum team, as a whole, were scum read by numerous players.

The town just didn't organize well, which is a failure of the town more than a success of the scum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5007
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6519 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 06, 2021 2:48 am

And jamie should stay. I've come to respect him very much. I am confused by Maniac's okay on Jamie.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6763
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3476

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#6520 Post by kgray » Thu May 06, 2021 2:50 am

worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 am
kgray wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 am
worcej wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am
Scum, as a team, had an objectively poor game. Celaph and Macca did not play well and should've been dead to rights but town were terrible and let it slide. You did not need to bus Demon on D1, who was arguably your most important role, and yet you guys did.

You did win, which is the ultimate goal, but you did so in an objectively poorly manner.
I mean, no? We objectively lost only one out of five members of our team. The busing sucked but it bought a lot of us a lot of towncred. Losing an important role was pretty irrelevant when we NK'd 3 PRs in a row. Macca and celaph were never real wagons at the end of the day, partly because of me defending my teammates. Chaqa and I *did* come off as towny to most of the players alive in the end of the game and were probably never going to be DK'd.

We did win, and we did it in an objectively decisive manner.
I mean, yes? You did win and your team did play poorly because the town played so poorly to make up for your mistakes. These are not mutually exclusive.

2/3 of the PRs your proud of NKing were luck, so you get no credit for that. Darg claimed early

The DKs of myself, Flum, Maniac, and HB were all mostly because the remaining town were bad, not that you led them, so no credit there.

You guys were scum-read by numerous people, especially celaph and Macca, yet the town did not organize and deal with you. The town left that didn't scum read you should strongly reflect on their ability to just auto-town someone because they did kill the only known scum. On webdip, busing is more common than people think it is.

TL;DR - You benefited from town being universally bad, on a level we haven't seen in awhile. You did enough to win, but your team as a whole played poorly.
I literally led the pushes on you and Flum :lol:

And keeping town disorganized is scum's goal and I think we accomplished that pretty well. And everyone is always scumread by numerous people, the whole point is dealing with that and surviving. And Chaqa and I weren't townread only because we killed Demon.

But whatever, I'm sick of this. I'm busy until the fall, maybe I'll see y'all for a game in September.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests