MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Macca573
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am
Location: Probably not in your timezone (They/Them)
Karma: 547

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5621 Post by Macca573 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 am
Macca573 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 pm


Dude I can't respond during in person school. Next week I don't have in person school, so I will be correspondingly more active.
Bob and I play mafia during in person school all the time.

Git gud!
We're not allowed to bring laptops or such, and my county has so tight internet restrictions on their chromebooks that they blocked google maps. Webdip is blocked and there is no way around it.

Peterbot isn't blocked though, so I can still follow the conversation.
That sucks.

Last week, our school blocked Wikipedia for a couple of hours, which was strange.

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5622 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:25 am

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:38 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:34 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 pm


Wait, what is the "no janitor theory?"
I meant Chaqa being janitor is more likely to me. Damo saying "no Janitor" is asking Chaqa to explain why ghug wasn't janitored, and implying Chaqa is the janitor.
But if they don't Janitor N2 because they want to claim what they janitored, how can they know for sure they can claim a PR they've janitored on N3?

The logic of them not janitoring brain because they can't easily claim brain's role but they want to save the janitor to steal a PR claim doesn't make sense, unless they already think they know who the other PRs are on N2.

Basically saying they don't janitor N2 because they want to steal a claim seems way down the rabbit hole to me.
Agree with this last bit. In general, none of the PRs are particularly easy to fake here so it seems like the better use of janitor to just cause confusion early. The lack of janitor is weird, but I don't think it particularly points to anyone. In this sense I disagree with rdr's argument that someone like janitor Jamie would hold N3 out of fear. If ghug had been janitored my instinct wouldn't have been to suspect Jamie.

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5623 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:31 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:28 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:47 am
Meaning, are there any players who have not had a sniff of being made a viable wagon? Why? Because they've obvtowned so hard?

I call bullshit. These people are operating right underneath us.

Yeah, I'll admit I fell into the trap of the Setup 1. It was a nice fantasy. But now? Let's put some 2s and 2s together.
Not that they have obvtowned but none of Jamie, rdr or Yav have been serious wagons.
Excuse me, wrong again, I was a 5-vote wagon at one point yesterday.
What did you make of the wagon on you? What did you make of food's defense of you?

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5624 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:31 am

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:48 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm


This is what I was responding to.
Lol why would you even respond here if you’re not scum?
Like if you’re town isn’t the reaction “uhhh Maniac isn’t saving me because I’m not scum?”

Instead of “maniac is not saving me because I don’t have a gun?”
+1

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5625 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:38 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:07 pm
Vecna's death did obv provide us with useful datapoints, more useful than I thought last night.

@damo
rdr, bona, yav, Macca

I THINK these fit with your analysis, but add
a) Jamie's meta. Other than his birthday absences, he's fighting and solving like jamie. This last night, if he had started to dig and push the way he did AFTER your analysis, it would be more sus. But if scum, I think jamie would have continued his 'quieter' mode.
b) I can't make sense of bona's continued hard push on me. I understand doubts, and am actually suspicious of those who do NOT have at least some. (like kak) but bona seems to be consistently tunneling with an ulterior motive. I'm interested in his reaction now... although i DO wish we could have watched him and his attitude towards my PR claim without the extra Jamie push.
c) My 'yav' could technically be filled with kgray, kak, or HB. What are your thoughts on those?
I see your point re J.

Unless bona's D1 vote was a reckless diamond hard Mohs scale 10 bus I can only see him as scum if both Kak and HB also are.

I will examine Bona Kak HB + ? teams and report back. Busy at mo so will be a while but before EON.
Is there a reason you're discounting the chance that Bona was bussing? I agree that he looks really good for it and it's one of the main reasons I'm hesitant to kill him, but I wouldn't put it past him.

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5626 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:49 am

foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 pm


Well, no?

If it's 5-4-1, town and WW both want to get mafia out. If town goes out, 3-4-1 and mafia win. So at 5-4-1 it's really like it's 6-4, and then we can go again and try. Assuming the WW plays correctly
Assume we guess right 3 scum in a row and scum have 3 NKs. It's 2-1-1 and town can't win.
This depressing post looks townie from rdr.
I agree with the conclusion that rdr looks townie in general, but he's made way better posts than this. His read on yavu has been well made. He hasn't been afraid to cut across the grain on Jamie. His aggression towards Damo's team's suggestion felt natural and more like town frustration than this.

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5627 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:53 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm
This Chaqa!Janitor stuff all popping up as soon as the night started is pretty great.

Good planning on organizing this nonsense, scumbos.

If i were Janitor it would have been used Night 1. Get better than that.
If you were janitor that's exactly what you would say.
But ##vote Macca because I promised that to damo ;) Also Macca flip will be good: If scum, I will lock my endvote on rivera and even if they're town, we can reconsider the votes in Day 3.
This idea that we'll lock in votes days in advance is so anti-town given how it lets scum work around it. The combination of this and your conspiracy theory on dargo is so scummy.

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5628 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 5:54 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 pm
Hey guys, mafia finally didn’t kill a PR
Though it seems they tried. Well played, Kak!

yavuzovic
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Sakarya/Turkey
Karma: 563
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5629 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 01, 2021 7:08 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:23 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 pm
What about this:
Scum learned who the ww is on N1 so thry krpt RBing the wolf while dargo claimed the RB? I don't feel like doubting dargorygel until cclaimed though.
Maybe dargo isn't roleblocked tonight and it was ww who got roleblocked? Dargo??
Then who killed Vecna?
Scum?

yavuzovic
Posts: 2877
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: Sakarya/Turkey
Karma: 563
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5630 Post by yavuzovic » Sat May 01, 2021 7:13 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm
This Chaqa!Janitor stuff all popping up as soon as the night started is pretty great.

Good planning on organizing this nonsense, scumbos.

If i were Janitor it would have been used Night 1. Get better than that.
If you were janitor that's exactly what you would say.
But ##vote Macca because I promised that to damo ;) Also Macca flip will be good: If scum, I will lock my endvote on rivera and even if they're town, we can reconsider the votes in Day 3.
You know we are in milo, don't you? So if they are town we lose.

I can't see a world where Yav is town.
I guess we should wait for one night then?
@Werewolf, please try for mafia next night, town should agree not to expose WWs name. If we agree, ww can freely try to consume a mafia without the fear of being exposed.

Macca573
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am
Location: Probably not in your timezone (They/Them)
Karma: 547

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5631 Post by Macca573 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:39 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:13 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:24 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:17 pm


If you were janitor that's exactly what you would say.
But ##vote Macca because I promised that to damo ;) Also Macca flip will be good: If scum, I will lock my endvote on rivera and even if they're town, we can reconsider the votes in Day 3.
You know we are in milo, don't you? So if they are town we lose.

I can't see a world where Yav is town.
I guess we should wait for one night then?
@Werewolf, please try for mafia next night, town should agree not to expose WWs name. If we agree, ww can freely try to consume a mafia without the fear of being exposed.
How would town learn the WW's name?

celaph
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 346

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5632 Post by celaph » Sat May 01, 2021 7:53 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:08 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:23 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 pm
What about this:
Scum learned who the ww is on N1 so thry krpt RBing the wolf while dargo claimed the RB? I don't feel like doubting dargorygel until cclaimed though.
Maybe dargo isn't roleblocked tonight and it was ww who got roleblocked? Dargo??
Then who killed Vecna?
Scum?
Then how did they learn who the ww is on N1?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5633 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:19 am

I have an announcement.

The WEREWOLF attempted to eat me last night, and failed.

I know who the Werewolf is.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5634 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:22 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:24 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 pm
Just seems like such a random act. Maniac just takes a wild leap to block Jamie N1?
He dislikes me outside of any particular game, and openly stated he'd want to kill me regardless of my alignment. So I suppose he'd want to Roleblock me if I was Cop or Doc or suchlike, as well.

He's just a petty, nasty person.
This is isn´t what he said Jamiet and I don´t know why you keep insisting on this. It´s weird and scummy.
Yes he did. That is EXACTLY what he said, look:
Maniac wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
You're stubborn, arrogant, the complete antithesis of a team player with really poor gut instincts. If you were mechanically cleared as the most powerful PR ever created with a signed letter from the pope guaranteeing you're town and were then given a gun, a time-machine, an invisibility cloak, a invincibly shield and a magic carpet, it would still advance town's win condition to kill you at the earliest opportunity.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5635 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:24 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:02 pm
Maniac wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:49 am
Maniac continues to refuse to explain how he had suspicions of me, prior to my first post.

I will be voting for Maniac again tomorrow.
Jamie is, of course, entitled to a detailed explanation as to why I suspected him prior to making his first post. Indeed he is entitled to three possible explanations so he can choose which one is most likely.

(a) Because I don't think the allocation of the roles was entirely random. No human action is ever truly random. An advanced grasp of the mathematics of probability mapped onto a thorough apprehension of human psychology and the known dispositions of any given individual can reduce the number of variables considerably. I know of at least 58 techniques to refine the seemingly infinite array of randomly generated possibilities down to the smallest number of feasible variables. But they’re really difficult so I just guessed instead.

(b) Because you're so bad at this game. You're stubborn, arrogant, the complete antithesis of a team player with really poor gut instincts. If you were mechanically cleared as the most powerful PR ever created with a signed letter from the pope guaranteeing you're town and were then given a gun, a time-machine, an invisibility cloak, a invincibly shield and a magic carpet, it would still advance town's win condition to kill you at the earliest opportunity.

(c)

Joke Post

{ Jamie's }
{ Head }

It probably doesn't matter which option Jamie chooses, he'll still vote for me tomorrow if I'm still alive.
@Jamiet
This is the original Maniac post. It seems clear to me and anyone that can read that he is telling that his vote on you before the first post was a joke post. So, why you keep pushing the narrative he wants you dead as any alignemnt?
No. You're just wrong about this.

You can't get away with saying his initial vote on me was a joke, when he subsequently told us "I've been scumreading Jamie from the start".

It isn't worth debating; I'm not going to change my mind; Maniac is dead so it doesn't matter all that much now, but there it is.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5636 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:25 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am
I still want a proper answer from Bonatogether.
Dude I can't respond during in person school. Next week I don't have in person school, so I will be correspondingly more active.
This is nonsense.

Look at this, everybody.

You can't answer a simple question until NEXT WEEK?

Sub out of the game if you're unable to participate.

Fucking nonsense.

##VOTE BONATOGETHER

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5637 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:26 am

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:35 am
@Bonatogether:

Now that Dargorygel is more-or-less confirmed as Cop, please can you explain why you constantly insisted you were certain he was lying?
How is this?
I guess it’s probably not relevant - still hoping my ##CALL GM can get a definitive answer - but I was thinking the only way bona is not insane with his tunneling is if he is WW, tried to eat darg, but darg was driven, so the chomp failed, so he thinks darg is not cop.
Bonatogether is not the Werewolf.
I can confirm this.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5638 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:26 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:00 pm

I am the cop, thank you again for protecting me dargo, I'm sure you knew and helped preventing mafia nk'ing me by shading my behaviour.
WOW.

Has Darg confirmed this?

(I'll keep reading)

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5639 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:06 pm
As fighting closed in on the Empire State Building, the campers are forced to defend an ever-shrinking perimeter around Olympus. Whilst fighting continues and the forces of Kronos press ever closer, news filters through to the campers that Typhon is nearing New York, and the gods have still not been able to slay the mighty giant. And another camper is slain by the Titan army.

KAKARROTO has died. He was Katie Gardner, the VANILLA TOWNIE.

Day Five has now begun. You have 48 hours.
Lol.

Ok that was a nice sacrifice by Kak. Well done.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 17937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9684
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5640 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 pm
Do we really have a WW in the game?
Yes, and it tried to kill me last night, and failed.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BunnyGo, Kakarroto and 9 guests