MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7645
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4461

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5181 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:00 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm
If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

I am happy to announce the scumteam are:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Anyone apart from darg and I could be ww.

Prove me wrong.
I like at least two of those names. Probably three.
Settle on up to the bar and tell me about those two.

Interesting that Yav keeps coming up as scum to other people. Again my read was focused on who they were towning and scumming, but I felt I read enough in between to have a decent sense of them. Is that why they're not really letting up on Rivera? Theatre?

Let me ask you this, then, since I'm towning on you...if it might be the wrong play to axe Jamie today who'd be a better replacement? Still Maniac or one of Macca/RDR/Yav? Hold off on answering that. I'd like to see if I can look at VCA to see who might generate more info. If I can't come up with it you'll know when I raise the white flag.
Well, I too think Macca is likely to be scum. That one is simple.

Yavu is another who I think is scum, as I've said before.

The third would be Jamie, but it's conditional on whether he was roleblocked by scum or town.

I don't get scum vibes from Rivera.

damo666
Posts: 10224
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5182 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:30 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm
If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

I am happy to announce the scumteam are:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Anyone apart from darg and I could be ww.

Prove me wrong.
Why can you and darg not be the werewolf?
Well assuming you are not ww then obviously from ypov darg or I can be ww but I'm simply assuming darg is cop (maybe I'm being naive but if he isn't then I still don't see how he can be ww) and obviously I know my own role and alignment. Werewolf it is not.

damo666
Posts: 10224
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5183 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:10 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm

What about RHK's flip? Jamie was absent for about 2 hours before and after the flip. But this means he "left" the game in a state where RHK led at 5-3-3. The fact that he was still awake at the time of the British evening (because he came back on a few hours after the vote) means that he left the game not caring if RHK flipped. I think this strongly suggests he's town.
This is pretty compelling... Maybe he thought being on Maniac with ghug was enough? Vecna was scumreading Maniac also. But considering it was his birthday and he probably knew he wouldn't be back for EOD he could have put his vote somewhere more viable, yeah. Without Demon flipping scum that would be pretty sus itself, but I think you're right. It doesn't seem like he cared if Demon was the DK, so less likely that he's mafia.
not care because if he flips he gets towncred and if he doesn't job done and possible future towncred in the bank.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7645
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4461

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5184 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:12 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm


Jamie didn't self-vote though?
His choice to stop posting has a similar feel to me. It feels incredibly anti-town, but it's to the point that I don't usually expect scum to act this way. Just like with the self-votes. And I expect that someone could defend them similarly.
I know Jamie has done this in at least one game I played in, but I can't recall his alignment.

It's definitely a legitimate scum-tactic because Jamie keeps coming up in the conversation due to his lack of engagement, but at the same time his lack of engagement is kind of forcing our hand to not shimmy-ding-dong him, because it seems a lot of us can't help but think that maybe it is not scummy, that surely Jamie would NOT act this way as scum.

There's definitely no reason to write off Jamie's alignment one way or another based on his activity or this tactic... let me look at dem votes.

D1 - Maniac. Vanity.
D2 - Votes darg for a time, then Maniac.
D3 - Maniac, Macca, Maniac.

I started to read Jamie's iso a bit and decided to look away because it is hard to draw anything from it. Instead, what does this tunnel on Maniac mean?

What about RHK's flip? Jamie was absent for about 2 hours before and after the flip. But this means he "left" the game in a state where RHK led at 5-3-3. The fact that he was still awake at the time of the British evening (because he came back on a few hours after the vote) means that he left the game not caring if RHK flipped. I think this strongly suggests he's town.

Also, this quote looks like a non-scum prodding at the top wagon:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:44 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:40 pm


What elephant? That I'm catching a ton of votes? People think I'm a shit player and I'm an easy miskill.
So you think most of the people on you are scum?
I think Jamie is at best the werewolf. I was wondering if he has some information on Maniac, like, for example, Maniac visiting him as the werewolf, but that doesn't make any sense. I think he is just angry or busy, or busy and becoming angry because we are honing in on him for being a little less engaged than usual (though he WAS subbed into the game), and that looks bad, but he maybe doesn't even really care. Even if he is town, he may not totally care if town loses. He plays a lot of mafia, right? One more for the history books.

Okay, I'm actually pretty sold on it. Jamie is not scum.
This is very compelling to me. It kinda explains the odd vibe I had to Jamie. I didn't realize he had subbed in (pre-game sub???) so that could fit.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5185 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm
If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

I am happy to announce the scumteam are:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Anyone apart from darg and I could be ww.

Prove me wrong.
Damo can you walk me through your thought process here on how you're eliminating people? At least for Maniac given that he's the top wagon at the moment.
See my reads post for some elims. Since then I've added kgray to my list of nonmaf after a reexamination of EOD1 voting.

The short answer re Maniac is there aren't enough people to be in a team with him. I cannot see him with Jamie, HB or Yav.
Weird, I actually think Jamie and Maniac make perfect sense as scum partners.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Karma: 840

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5186 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:24 pm

Day Four Vote Count 4.0:

Maniac (4): Jamiet99uk (END), rdrivera2005, Macca573, foodcoats
Jamiet99uk (3): Hamilton Brian, celaph, Maniac
Macca573 (3): dargorygel, Chaqa, yavuzovic
celaph (1): Kakarroto
Kakarroto (1): kgray
kgray (1): Bonatogether
yavuzovic (1): damo666

End votes for Maniac (1/8): Jamiet99uk

Currently MANIAC is set to be daykilled.

You have 1 hour and 36 minutes remaining.
1

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5187 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm


Jamie didn't self-vote though?
His choice to stop posting has a similar feel to me. It feels incredibly anti-town, but it's to the point that I don't usually expect scum to act this way. Just like with the self-votes. And I expect that someone could defend them similarly.
I know Jamie has done this in at least one game I played in, but I can't recall his alignment.

It's definitely a legitimate scum-tactic because Jamie keeps coming up in the conversation due to his lack of engagement, but at the same time his lack of engagement is kind of forcing our hand to not shimmy-ding-dong him, because it seems a lot of us can't help but think that maybe it is not scummy, that surely Jamie would NOT act this way as scum.

There's definitely no reason to write off Jamie's alignment one way or another based on his activity or this tactic... let me look at dem votes.

D1 - Maniac. Vanity.
D2 - Votes darg for a time, then Maniac.
D3 - Maniac, Macca, Maniac.

I started to read Jamie's iso a bit and decided to look away because it is hard to draw anything from it. Instead, what does this tunnel on Maniac mean?

What about RHK's flip? Jamie was absent for about 2 hours before and after the flip. But this means he "left" the game in a state where RHK led at 5-3-3. The fact that he was still awake at the time of the British evening (because he came back on a few hours after the vote) means that he left the game not caring if RHK flipped. I think this strongly suggests he's town.

Also, this quote looks like a non-scum prodding at the top wagon:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:44 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:40 pm


What elephant? That I'm catching a ton of votes? People think I'm a shit player and I'm an easy miskill.
So you think most of the people on you are scum?
I think Jamie is at best the werewolf. I was wondering if he has some information on Maniac, like, for example, Maniac visiting him as the werewolf, but that doesn't make any sense. I think he is just angry or busy, or busy and becoming angry because we are honing in on him for being a little less engaged than usual (though he WAS subbed into the game), and that looks bad, but he maybe doesn't even really care. Even if he is town, he may not totally care if town loses. He plays a lot of mafia, right? One more for the history books.

Okay, I'm actually pretty sold on it. Jamie is not scum.
I agree with your take on the quote you cited. Does not feel SvS.

I struggle with your argument when I compare it to Jamie's behavior D2. There he missed a similar length stretch of time, though starting 6 hours before EoD
and ending roughly a half hour into N2. At the time of his last post the wagons were at celaph 5, damo 4, maniac 4, rdr 2.

Of these people he obvious scum read Maniac. He had thought my posts were garbage, but seemed to be slightly townreading me because he thought that all the votes on me were also garbage. He had hardly mentioned rdr, but had critiqued his lack of Demon vote. And there is little to make me think he scumread damo more than his usual critiques of everyone.

It strikes me as D2 would absolutely be a day he would care about vote wise given the reads he had presented so far. The fact that he had a similar absence on both of the first two days, at least one of which he should have cared about, makes it hard for me to say his activity is any way alignment indicative and not just related to irl events.

Despite my uncertainty here, the combination of your and rdr's recent comments regarding Jamie makes me think that he's a decent wagon, but not the best kill today. ##unvote

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5188 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:27 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:27 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:39 pm
If I discard thsoe I deem to be town for one reason another and I discard certain pairs as they don't make sense as scumpartners I am amazingly only left with one possible scumteam.

I am happy to announce the scumteam are:

Jamie
Macca
rdr
yav

Anyone apart from darg and I could be ww.

Prove me wrong.
Damo can you walk me through your thought process here on how you're eliminating people? At least for Maniac given that he's the top wagon at the moment.
See my reads post for some elims. Since then I've added kgray to my list of nonmaf after a reexamination of EOD1 voting.

The short answer re Maniac is there aren't enough people to be in a team with him. I cannot see him with Jamie, HB or Yav.
This team thing is so bullshit I don´t think I want to interact with you about it. But if Maniac (or HB) flip scum it´s better to NK me because I will push you really hard.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5189 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:10 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 pm

What about RHK's flip? Jamie was absent for about 2 hours before and after the flip. But this means he "left" the game in a state where RHK led at 5-3-3. The fact that he was still awake at the time of the British evening (because he came back on a few hours after the vote) means that he left the game not caring if RHK flipped. I think this strongly suggests he's town.
This is pretty compelling... Maybe he thought being on Maniac with ghug was enough? Vecna was scumreading Maniac also. But considering it was his birthday and he probably knew he wouldn't be back for EOD he could have put his vote somewhere more viable, yeah. Without Demon flipping scum that would be pretty sus itself, but I think you're right. It doesn't seem like he cared if Demon was the DK, so less likely that he's mafia.
not care because if he flips he gets towncred and if he doesn't job done and possible future towncred in the bank.
True. Also, excluding his over-the-top outbursts, he hasn’t seemed to care about much this game regardless.

But I think Maniac is more likely to be scum so ##vote Maniac

Would also support a Hamilton wagon, and nothing has happened to lower my suspicion of kak.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5190 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:10 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm


This is pretty compelling... Maybe he thought being on Maniac with ghug was enough? Vecna was scumreading Maniac also. But considering it was his birthday and he probably knew he wouldn't be back for EOD he could have put his vote somewhere more viable, yeah. Without Demon flipping scum that would be pretty sus itself, but I think you're right. It doesn't seem like he cared if Demon was the DK, so less likely that he's mafia.
not care because if he flips he gets towncred and if he doesn't job done and possible future towncred in the bank.
True. Also, excluding his over-the-top outbursts, he hasn’t seemed to care about much this game regardless.

But I think Maniac is more likely to be scum so ##vote Maniac

Would also support a Hamilton wagon, and nothing has happened to lower my suspicion of kak.
I am so torn on HB and changed my mind some many times that I just don´t know anymore. I probably need to do a full-reread on him but I don´t think I have time to do this today. Anyway, I agree he is a good wagon.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5191 Post by kgray » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:36 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:10 pm


not care because if he flips he gets towncred and if he doesn't job done and possible future towncred in the bank.
True. Also, excluding his over-the-top outbursts, he hasn’t seemed to care about much this game regardless.

But I think Maniac is more likely to be scum so ##vote Maniac

Would also support a Hamilton wagon, and nothing has happened to lower my suspicion of kak.
I am so torn on HB and changed my mind some many times that I just don´t know anymore. I probably need to do a full-reread on him but I don´t think I have time to do this today. Anyway, I agree he is a good wagon.
Want to make it happen? ##vote Hamilton

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5192 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:36 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:28 pm


True. Also, excluding his over-the-top outbursts, he hasn’t seemed to care about much this game regardless.

But I think Maniac is more likely to be scum so ##vote Maniac

Would also support a Hamilton wagon, and nothing has happened to lower my suspicion of kak.
I am so torn on HB and changed my mind some many times that I just don´t know anymore. I probably need to do a full-reread on him but I don´t think I have time to do this today. Anyway, I agree he is a good wagon.
Want to make it happen? ##vote Hamilton
Let´s go,

##vote HB

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5193 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Vote wise I think Maniac is my favorite at the moment, but I don't want to make him a runaway wagon so ##vote yav as his static reads with poor justifications look like scum. I think I slightly prefer this to a HB counterwagon, but if this doesn't build steam then I'm down to switch.

Can the people on the Macca wagon argue in favor of your position? I am understanding the desire to kill someone who we have so little info on, but I don't think they've been the scummiest person here recently.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4761
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5000
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5194 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:47 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:36 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm


I am so torn on HB and changed my mind some many times that I just don´t know anymore. I probably need to do a full-reread on him but I don´t think I have time to do this today. Anyway, I agree he is a good wagon.
Want to make it happen? ##vote Hamilton
Let´s go,

##vote HB
Two things.
First, the wagons have not substantially changed all day. So without wifoming myself to death, that causes me to wonder if scum are just satisfied with the top groups.

Second, following my first thing... HB has been very active, but not very committal. I do not know his meta all that well, but it tastes scummy to me this afternoon.

I'll join this train.
##VOTE HAMILTON BRAIN

(I know that damo doesn't agree here. He suggests that HB just doesn't fit with anyone. But that doesn't really convince me, because it presumes excellent coordination on the scumteam.)

damo666
Posts: 10224
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5195 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:49 pm

On the basis that a Mafkill is preferable to a WWkill any of Macca, Yav or even Jamie is better than Maniac.

damo666
Posts: 10224
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2985

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5196 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:55 pm

If my theory is correct yav is currently bussing Macca.

##vote Macca

What you gonna do now Yav?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7645
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4461

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5197 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:55 pm
If my theory is correct yav is currently bussing Macca.

##vote Macca

What you gonna do now Yav?
Wouldn't that imply to flip yav first?

celaph
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 474

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5198 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 pm

Where is kak by the way?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7645
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4461

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5199 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:06 pm
Where is kak by the way?
Looks like he's catching up (he's online per the bottom of the forum)

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Karma: 840

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5200 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Day Four Vote Count 5.0:

Maniac (3): Jamiet99uk (END), Macca573, foodcoats
Macca573 (3): Chaqa, yavuzovic, damo666
Hamilton Brian (3): kgray, rdrivera2005, dargorygel
Jamiet99uk (2): Hamilton Brian, Maniac
celaph (1): Kakarroto
kgray (1): Bonatogether
yavuzovic (1): celaph

End votes for Maniac (1/8): Jamiet99uk

Currently NOBODY is set to be daykilled.

You have 48 minutes remaining.
4

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests