MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4758
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5061 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:38 am

I find myself in between: distrusting those who trust me too readily... and distrusting those who are mistrusting me too completely.

Those extremes are likely vote-catchers for me.

@bona
The song has a line: "so happy together..." and I wondered if 'bona' could mean 'happy' as a 'good-ish' thing... so bona together... happy together.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4758
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5062 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 am

In fact
##VOTE MACCA573

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6702
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2767

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5063 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:48 am

Napoleon Bonapart

Napoleon Bon(a)together

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 6702
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 2767

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5064 Post by Chaqa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:49 am

##Vote Macca

I'll put my vote back to its old home for now, but I really dislike what Jamie is doing.

celaph
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 344

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5065 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 pm
You guys! I passed my prelim exam today!! I’m officially a PhD candidate and will never be a student again :-D :-D :-D
Big congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

celaph
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 344

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5066 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am

While I independently think they are both scummy, I think that it's unlikely that both HB and Jamie are scum together given the former's vote on the latter here. Especially after the last two town members self-voted, it seems pretty easy for one to come up with an excuse about why Jamie shouldn't be killed today. Additionally, if Jamie was intending to be bussed, then his reaction here will make it much harder for scum on his wagon to get town cred by making himself an obvious kill and his reads matter less.

##vote Jamie

celaph
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 344

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5067 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:59 am

For those of you saying that Jamie feels like town Jamie, how would you describe town Jamie?

Because Jamie is acting this game far more like a caricature of town Jamie, than anything else. Yes he's been critical of the play that he considers to be bad, but that's all he's been. He's lacked townreads or really any sharpness to his play.

Take M1016 when he was recently VT. Was he still negative towards other people's plays and critical of them? Yes. His D2 reads list had me as the second least likely to be scum and he had me as null. But he also found time to reflect on those points, to make reads and find towniness in them. He managed to both critique and to try and solve.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:28 am
Vecna - So much of my read on Vecna here is meta, but this feels like Ballsy Town Vecna. The way he pushed me, he was totally wrong but Town Vecna is often wrong. I'm not giving him a free pass entirely, but he really does appear to be trying to find scum and help town, so I certainly don't want to vote him today.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm
Good question, honestly I'm not sure. Vecna is being all ballsy and over-confident but that's NAI for him.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:47 am
Well I think this is a pointless red herring, and we're both town.

celaph
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 344

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5068 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 am

@macca @maniac, who are you townreading at the moment?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 523

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5069 Post by Maniac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:13 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 am
@macca @maniac, who are you townreading at the moment?
Everyone who isn’t Celaph, rdriveria, chaqa and Jamie (who seems off)

I need to look elsewhere too and not be lazy just because I’m confident in my scum reads. But for today I can’t see myself voting for anyone else.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 523

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5070 Post by Maniac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:13 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:13 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 am
@macca @maniac, who are you townreading at the moment?
Everyone who isn’t Celaph, rdriveria, chaqa and Jamie (who seems off)

I need to look elsewhere too and not be lazy just because I’m confident in my scum reads. But for today I can’t see myself voting for anyone else.
##vote Jamie

damo666
Posts: 9616
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2278

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5071 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:40 am

##vote Jamie

If Jamie is in danger of being killed and Town blocker RBd me N1 I trust them to shout and avoid us killing a scum blocked Jamie.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to out the town blocker, I am not , I am simply trying to avoid an inefficient kill.

If the town blocker blocked Jamie they should stay quiet (which incidentally would imply scum blocked me N1 from which I allow you to draw your own conclusions).

damo666
Posts: 9616
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2278

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5072 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am

D2 worcej self votes
D3 flum self votes
D4 Jamie bans himself from speaking

Marvellous

celaph
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 344

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5073 Post by celaph » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:09 am

Assume town:
Darg — Very likely cop, though I would rather he wasn’t as that means we have a living cop with lots of good scans.

Townread:
food — His vote D1 looks good. His play has been eager to solve and to go after people and he hasn’t minded calling attention to himself. His reads feel honest. I don’t hate his scum read of me because while it’s wrong, I think it’s coming from a towny mindset.
kgray — She’s been less energetic than food, but equally interested in solving the game. She has been asking the right questions and challenging people on good points. She has certainly been far less active today, though I think that can also be explained by her irl schedule.
damo — I was really critical of Damo early on for his lack of reads, but he has responded well. I like his willingness to admit that his reads list N1 was a response to criticism. I’m now finding him saying many of the things I’m thinking. And even on the points I disagree on him with, such as his use of statistics, I find his starting assumptions to be easy to follow.

Townlean:
kak — Kak’s D2 was super towny. His excitement and handling of the gun claim felt very natural. The way that he’s produced reads lists despite his lack of confidence strikes me similarly. That said, since then his play has devolved significantly. His focus on mechanics has increased significantly and seems to be drawing much more from VCA and dead pr than his own reads. One point in his favor is that his recent change in focus is explained by his lack of confidence in his reads.
Chaqa — I think Chaqa looked quite town after D1 and he has been willing to challenge other’s reads this game. He has also come across as really towny today as one of the most active people trying to solve. My hesitation is that it his insistence on a town core of Demon voters reminds me of M62 when he did something very similar as scum.
Bona — Vote wise Bona looks very good and he’s been incredibly sharp at times asking good questions. Yet his reads list is defined by the simplest of thoughts. D1 it was the people critical of brain. He scum reads Darg because of his doc typo. He started scum reading food after being scum read by him and so on.

Null:
yavu — Very little that I’ve seen from him makes me think that this is the right place to look for scum, yet I’ve never felt a particularly towny response from him. It doesn’t feel like he’s pushed rdr particularly hard and it doesn’t really feel like his read has changed much since D1.
rdr — I agree with the sentiment that he hasn’t pushed his reads that hard, but I don’t think of rdr as someone who really does. I think he’s made a number of good posts, but also has a questionable voting history.
HB — I have no idea where HB lies in all this. His votes and hedgy-ness are very scummy, but it’s to an extent that I would be surprised to see scum go.

Scumlean:
Macca — They are here by default because of the lack of anything constructive they’ve done. I agree with rdr that they probably have to be the flip at some point given their activity, but it will be a sad DK in terms of the lack of info that we get.
Maniac — I agree that his play looked a lot better last night, but he has been reactive all game. I struggle to believe that we would have gotten such nice posts last night had I not started a wagon on him the day before.
Jamie — Just detailed my case on above. His play doesn’t feel like he’s trying to solve.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 523

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5074 Post by Maniac » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 am

Done a re-read of Jamie and gone over all his useful comments with a fine tooth comb borrowed from a forensic examiner. Here are the result...

“You started that thread and my current assumption is you are a troll sucking Jordan Peterson's tiny Kermit cock, fuck you.” – to Flum p59
“Well you voted for Worcej, you useless fuck. So why don't you tell me?” – to Chaqa 165
“As for the rest of your post, go fuck yourself, you utter prick.” To Maniac p169
“Fuck ANZAC day. Sub out if you can't participate.” To Macca p188
“also, fuck you Macca” p198
“Fuck you.” P226 – could be to anyone
“BE MORE SPECIFIC OR FUCK OFF” to foodcoats p252
“This is my last post of the current phase. I'm tired of this constant abuse.” P252

Conclusion, none really, but it's quite funny

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5466
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1065

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5075 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am
D2 worcej self votes
D3 flum self votes
D4 Jamie bans himself from speaking

Marvellous
Jamiet had done things like this before as town (remember when he set a message limit as town). Also, why scum Jamiet that wasn't at any risk to be the DK will make this play and get this attention?

I suspect anyone on Jamiet's wagon now as it's opportunistic as hell, specially you and Maniac.

##vote Maniac

damo666
Posts: 9616
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2278

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5076 Post by damo666 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:51 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 am
Done a re-read of Jamie and gone over all his useful comments with a fine tooth comb borrowed from a forensic examiner. Here are the result...

“You started that thread and my current assumption is you are a troll sucking Jordan Peterson's tiny Kermit cock, fuck you.” – to Flum p59
“Well you voted for Worcej, you useless fuck. So why don't you tell me?” – to Chaqa 165
“As for the rest of your post, go fuck yourself, you utter prick.” To Maniac p169
“Fuck ANZAC day. Sub out if you can't participate.” To Macca p188
“also, fuck you Macca” p198
“Fuck you.” P226 – could be to anyone
“BE MORE SPECIFIC OR FUCK OFF” to foodcoats p252
“This is my last post of the current phase. I'm tired of this constant abuse.” P252

Conclusion, none really, but it's quite funny
:lol:

foodcoats
Posts: 2902
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:34 pm
Karma: 1133

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5077 Post by foodcoats » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:28 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am
D2 worcej self votes
D3 flum self votes
D4 Jamie bans himself from speaking

Marvellous
Jamiet had done things like this before as town (remember when he set a message limit as town). Also, why scum Jamiet that wasn't at any risk to be the DK will make this play and get this attention?

I suspect anyone on Jamiet's wagon now as it's opportunistic as hell, specially you and Maniac.

##vote Maniac
Jamie is definitely doing something very strange, and I had the same thought about opportunistic votes on him.

##VOTE Macca

Macca573
Posts: 1314
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am
Location: Probably not in your timezone (They/Them)
Karma: 535

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5078 Post by Macca573 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:41 pm
My last post of this phase

Maniac is the right daykill today.

I have participated a perfectly reasonable amount, and I have presented my thoughts.

Anyone pushing the "Jamie is off" line is fake, a liar, a charlatan.

This is my last post of the current phase. I'm tired of this constant abuse.

See you in the night phase, I hope.
Shut up. Of all the abuse being hurled in this game, you are far and away doing the most.

##VOTE Jamie Out of anger.

Macca573
Posts: 1314
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am
Location: Probably not in your timezone (They/Them)
Karma: 535

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5079 Post by Macca573 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 am


very interesting eh? No watcher now. There is no downside to doing it unless he's lying.

##VOTE dargo

(yeah, I changed my mind since the last vote. Would vote for either though)
But there is a downside. WW can get info from the cop to help with later kills. WW also needs mafia to be losing, so WW can get alone with town.

It's ENTIRELY reasonable for the WW to be holding off on kills at the moment - especially because the role has the caveat of getting outed if they mess up twice in a row.

Honestly I bet werewolf is just sailing right now.
MACCA WEREWOLF
I would disagree strongly.

Macca573
Posts: 1314
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:24 am
Location: Probably not in your timezone (They/Them)
Karma: 535

Re: MAFIA 66: The Battle for Olympus - Game Thread [hidden]

#5080 Post by Macca573 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:51 am

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:02 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:41 pm
I would guess I was roleblocked because someone took the Werewolf accusations seriously.

I am seriously wondering why the Werewolf hasn't chomped on Dargo yet.
very interesting eh? No watcher now. There is no downside to doing it unless he's lying.

##VOTE dargo

(yeah, I changed my mind since the last vote. Would vote for either though)
But there is a downside. WW can get info from the cop to help with later kills. WW also needs mafia to be losing, so WW can get alone with town.

It's ENTIRELY reasonable for the WW to be holding off on kills at the moment - especially because the role has the caveat of getting outed if they mess up twice in a row.

Honestly I bet werewolf is just sailing right now.
hm..... I'll let it rest. But you're on shaky ground dargo.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests