Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3321 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:53 pm

and also why would more than half the scumteam decide to just all hop on a wagon at once to get it killed
Because they had reason to believe it was the Alien, which is currently a greater threat to them than town?

Jamiet99uk

#3322 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Jasnah, maniac, Thamrick, and W0rcej have not posted. I guess one of them is in jail.

BobMcBob

#3323 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:40 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm
The people that voted Fox (some unvoted):

Brainbomb
Bunny
Ghug
Maniac
Rdrivera
Thamrick
Bona

Cross-reference that with your scumreads people. Realize they werent protecting a teammate (unless damo is scum).

I think this was scum trying to take out the alien. And theres at least 3 scum in that group.
this rabbithole is a steaming hot pile of garbage and please take your head out of it sooner rather than later
i would be very surprised if there are three mafia in that group you got there
my scumreads only contain roughly two of those people
i think a lot of people, including myself, got pinged by foxs tone and mood, which you (and fox) seem to be completely discounting here
Good thing everyone has to take -your- reads into account whenever they are looking into something.

You werent even voting for Fox, so why do you care that im chasing this down?
because the theory is awful, horrible and rather below average
also i scumread foxc and there are definitely enough reasons to warrant a got on him
but hey, good thing other people arent allowed to have opinions on your theories right?

Vecna

#3324 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:43 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:28 pm

I am skeptical that this was alien hunting, when the simpler explanation is that it was just TvT and they didn't have to worry.
Youre a fool if you think scum is more afraid of town than of the alien at this point

Scum had no motivation to try and eliminate lfischl yesterday, because that play he did completely ruled him out of being the alien.
I don't think scum is more afraid of town than the alien at this point. I think scum operates under a lot of constraints and often aren't in a position to do what they want to do and often happily settle for killing off townies at EOD rather than making it obvious that they were trying to engineering the wagons they wanted.

Since I'm not the alien, either they don't think that and were happy to see two townies go up for the kill, or they do think that but they're wrong, so ... I'm not sure what that means, actually.
So if youre town as youre claiming, why on earth are you not using that information for towns advantage?

How is your natural instinct here not to go:

"if scum had the opportunity between 2 town, one of them is me, the other is a potential future misskill that copscans if he dies today, naturally theyd prefer to be voting ME instead of lfischl!".

You'd be the premier source of good arguments here if you had that insight. Yet others are making it. Youre not even looking into the people that voted you.

Foxcastle

#3325 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:59 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Youre a fool if you think scum is more afraid of town than of the alien at this point

Scum had no motivation to try and eliminate lfischl yesterday, because that play he did completely ruled him out of being the alien.
I don't think scum is more afraid of town than the alien at this point. I think scum operates under a lot of constraints and often aren't in a position to do what they want to do and often happily settle for killing off townies at EOD rather than making it obvious that they were trying to engineering the wagons they wanted.

Since I'm not the alien, either they don't think that and were happy to see two townies go up for the kill, or they do think that but they're wrong, so ... I'm not sure what that means, actually.
So if youre town as youre claiming, why on earth are you not using that information for towns advantage?

"if scum had the opportunity between 2 town, one of them is me, the other is a potential future misskill that copscans if he dies today, naturally theyd prefer to be voting ME instead of lfischl!".

You'd be the premier source of good arguments here if you had that insight. Yet others are making it. Youre not even looking into the people that voted you.
Yeah, I am actually not devoting a lot of attention to this game. We tolerate anemic play from a lot of people, and now it's my turn to be tolerated.

Vecna

#3326 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:11 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:44 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

this rabbithole is a steaming hot pile of garbage and please take your head out of it sooner rather than later
i think a lot of people, including myself, got pinged by foxs tone and mood, which you (and fox) seem to be completely discounting here
This is very assertive, combative language, considering you're arguing about whether there are three scum in that group, or only two, Bob. You're suggesting Vecna might be 2/3 right, so why are you being so aggressive?
rationale and absolutes

the rationale is really bad, there were people voting for foxc (quite a few if i recall correctly) who were very much (as i said) doing it because of mood, tone, lack of content, strange reactions and so on

and also why would more than half the scumteam decide to just all hop on a wagon at once to get it killed

and he also said at least three scum
i doubt there are three, even two may be pushing it
the fact that his bad theory leads him to believe at least three of those people are scum is just really annoying
You realize I have reasons to scumread a bunch of those people independant of this theory right?

Its a theory. Im throwing it out there as such. If fox flips and he's not the alien, it instantly goes out the window. Its a piece of discussion. Even if its accurate, whether there are 1/2/3/4/5 scum on the wagon, who knows.

Discussing it is fine. Dont get lost in the details. Obviously, it has a high potential to not be what happened whatsoever.

jasnah

#3327 Post by jasnah » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:12 pm

I'm posting just to confirm that I'm not in jail. I'm pretty busy and tired today. I'll be back before EON to properly participate.

Vecna

#3328 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:55 pm
Jasnah, maniac, Thamrick, and W0rcej have not posted. I guess one of them is in jail.
Thatd be some nice wifom

Vecna

#3329 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Actually, what does it tell us that Bona is not in jail?

More wifom, but it could point towards the MP being one of the people that was not around after Bona claimed being dep. Or bona being scum. Or scum wanting us to think either of those 2.

BobMcBob

#3330 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thatd be some nice wifom
apparently not jasnah, but why would the others be jailed?
i dont think any of those seem like a natural choice
maybe a really awful attempt to clear worcej?

Vecna

#3331 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:54 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

Good thing everyone has to take -your- reads into account whenever they are looking into something.

You werent even voting for Fox, so why do you care that im chasing this down?
because the theory is awful, horrible and rather below average
also i scumread foxc and there are definitely enough reasons to warrant a got on him
but hey, good thing other people arent allowed to have opinions on your theories right?
Youre allowed your opinion. I felt your way of trying to shut it down was a bit too black and white.

Regardless of Fox' alignment, scum had rationale to vote there over lfisch or not.

I feel this is one of those times where looking at how people voted, and their reasons for doing so, might actually yield useful information.

BobMcBob

#3332 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:18 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thatd be some nice wifom
*or maniac
thamrick due to posting habits is less likely i feel

Vecna

#3333 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:05 pm
Vecna wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Yeah, I am actually not devoting a lot of attention to this game. We tolerate anemic play from a lot of people, and now it's my turn to be tolerated.
Yet youre still here and devoting time right now.

I just find it odd those thoughts wouldnt even have crossed your mind if you were stuck in a TvT there.

Jamiet99uk

#3334 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:31 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thatd be some nice wifom
Worcej spent D2 advocating for the Ifischl kill because of the herb and did almost nothing else.

I've just reviewed Worcej's D2 and he offered no scumreads at all.

Jamiet99uk

#3335 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:32 pm

@WORCEJ:

Do you have any scumreads? Who are they and why?

If you are in jail please answer this post within your first 3 posts of D3.

Foxcastle

#3336 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:19 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Vecna wrote:

I just find it odd those thoughts wouldnt even have crossed your mind if you were stuck in a TvT there.
As I pointed out, I thought lfischl could be scum even with the herb. That's why I was voting for him.

As I also pointed out, I wasn't around at EOD or last night to make these great points, because I was enjoying time with family that I hadn't seen in person in months.

Do you want me to harp on Maniac, ghug, thamrick, and Bob? I was calling them scum well before EOD yesterday.

Vecna

#3337 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm
Vecna wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

As I pointed out, I thought lfischl could be scum even with the herb. That's why I was voting for him.

As I also pointed out, I wasn't around at EOD or last night to make these great points, because I was enjoying time with family that I hadn't seen in person in months.

Do you want me to harp on Maniac, ghug, thamrick, and Bob? I was calling them scum well before EOD yesterday.
Im talking about now, after the lfischl flip

Vecna

#3338 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Anyways

Foxcastle

#3339 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm
Vecna wrote:

Im talking about now, after the lfischl flip
Because I woke up and didn't even catch up on the thread before you were harping on me why I hadn't even solved the fucking game!

Vecna

#3340 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Well, excuse my harping, fair sir. Carry on.

(its not my ass on the block)