Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#5521 Post by ND » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 am

##GM NOTE

“##CALL GM: Since the Item Thief operates prior to the NK in the order of operations, would a dead player be able to report whether their item was stolen to the shaman?”

From Game Start Post: “The deceased player can answer the question based on what they knew in the living world.” (Section: Shaman, Page 1)

From Game Start Post: “Players are notified if their item is stolen.” (Section: Item Thief, Page 1)

This is an opportunity to clarify anything conflicting in this hypothetical situation. Unfortunately, Dargorygel is away currently and, he may have spoken on this previously! But, for this specific hypothetical occurrence an item theft occurs before the player dies. Thus, they, the deceased, would technically be able to speak on a hypothetical theft if contacted by the shaman.

“##CALL GM - If the Mafia attempt to NK the Alien, and the attack fails due to the Alien being NK immune, is the Alien informed that they survived an attack?”

Any role or item that grants night immunity would be notified in the event of a hypothetical situation such as this.

“##CALL GM: does the aliens control of infected votes extend to END votes?”

Hypothetically, yes.

ND

#5522 Post by ND » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 am

I meant to bold the two other GM notes. Sorry.

BobMcBob

#5523 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:50 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:44 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:42 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:42 am

No. Damo is atrocious and I'm ready for him to be gone.
##VOTE FOXCASTLE
##END
yOu'Re v0tiNg aN uNcC'd pR cLAiMaNt
okay i just want to point out that this post is absolutely beautiful

BobMcBob

#5524 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:54 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:01 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:55 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:46 am
If any of Fox worcej or ghug are town I am ashamed of them.
Your level of theatrics are noted.

I'm on the 'flip the dude who's scanned Alien that's in the Alien pool' because that for sure buys us another day and if we're wrong, we don't auto-lose either.
Day kill me count goes 5-3.

Alien wins unless scum NK infectee.

So, yeah not auto loss, just too close for comfort.

Far better to dk alien imo.
gee thanks, and who do you suggest is almost guaranteed to be alien?

BobMcBob

#5525 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:05 am
Well, clearly my plan ain't gonna fly which I think is an awful shame.

I do hope however I have demonstrated I'm not alien.
this is not how it works
if anything alien loves the game of chicken you were trying to set up because scum likely dont blink, chais ensues, and alien probably gets to untimately control the dk

BobMcBob

#5526 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:55 am
Hi Bob
hi!
started reading up in the background of school so i was moving pretty slow and not posting

BobMcBob

#5527 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:05 am

okay, last night is interesting
theres an off chance triage kit was used but its very unlikely
most likely the alien was targeted with the nk so it failed
its possible that mafia decided to no kill, reasonably unlikely though
it would mean a lot of our assumptions are wrong though

damo scanning alien as one of my top scum suspects for most of the game is more than enough for me to ##vote damo for now

BobMcBob

#5528 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:23 am

looking at today mechs-wise, damos game of chicken is a horrible idea
i could think of few worse ways to vote today, and most of those are piling on jamie or other things that are beyond stupid
if scum feel the need to blink, they will do it regardless of whether or not we offer them a contrived scenario which attempts to force the into blinking early
(and honestly i very much doubt scum will want to blink so badly that they give us one of theirs for free, among other things)

instead, it would be far better to take a guaranteed infectee removal which is not unlikely to actually be the alien himself
at worst it ticks the counter in our favour (which is a lot better than wcs otherwise)
at best we land the alien, and we have a better chance this way than in the other scenarios, even regardless of damos continued scumminess

assume damo is not alien for a second:
we are currently at 4/9
dk damo to bring it to 3/8
alien wins if scum kill non-infected, but not if scum hit infected or hold their kill
if scum are actually going to feel the need to out the alien (again, i am not optimistic on this) they would hold their kill here and out the alien tomorrow
if not, we have killed off an infected guaranteed which sets back alien and gives us a better chance

In short, there are no circumstances as far as I can see under which killing someone other than damo is better for us than killing damo, unless we get lucky and hit a potentially non-damo alien. Banking on "forcing the mafia to blink first" is not a viable strategy, and if it is something that would work, it will work tomorrow too. Anything else is distinctly anti-town behaviour.

um if i have any errors in reasoning please let me know thanks

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5529 Post by Maniac » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:15 am

@bob can you remind me why I’ve almost forgotten about you for so long. I know you did something good, but can’t remember and too idle to re-read at the moment. TIA

I don’t see why scum would hold fire last night. More likely they tried and failed to kill the alien.

I’m now clear of being the alien. Town!Damo or scum!Damo doesn’t lie here and obv alien!Damo means it can’t be me.

Jamie is clear as is Rdriveria

Fox is shaman

Because Fox, Jamie and Rdriveria could be infected we could easily miss an infected player if we kill from the Ghug/WorceJ/Vecna pool. So we have to kill Damo today. If Jamie’s awaited scan is on Ghug/worceJ/Vecna tomorrow’s target is going to narrow down the kill pool even if it’s negative.

I’m feeling good about this game, but it’s also hard to get too engaged on trying to read people as the mechanics seem to be throwing up our kills. Once the alien is dead then it becomes a different game. If Damo is alien town are in a good spot with so many almost scum clear.

I’m aware that there is a scenario where Rdriveria and I are both scum and Thamrick was last survivor of Walkie-talkie QT. Once we find one secretary then RDRIVERIA and I are scum cleared as we can’t be the item thief.

Vecna

#5530 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:17 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:23 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 am
Hmmm

Maf: Fox and ghug
Alien: worcej or Bob

Fox and ghug gambling I am alien and thus allowing alien victory.
Why is Ghug not the Alien?
Because ghug and damo are scum together

BobMcBob

#5531 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:34 am

Maniac wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:15 am
@bob can you remind me why I’ve almost forgotten about you for so long. I know you did something good, but can’t remember and too idle to re-read at the moment. TIA

I don’t see why scum would hold fire last night. More likely they tried and failed to kill the alien.

I’m now clear of being the alien. Town!Damo or scum!Damo doesn’t lie here and obv alien!Damo means it can’t be me.

Fox is shaman

Because Fox, Jamie and Rdriveria could be infected we could easily miss an infected player if we kill from the Ghug/WorceJ/Vecna pool. So we have to kill Damo today. If Jamie’s awaited scan is on Ghug/worceJ/Vecna tomorrow’s target is going to narrow down the kill pool even if it’s negative.

I’m feeling good about this game, but it’s also hard to get too engaged on trying to read people as the mechanics seem to be throwing up our kills. Once the alien is dead then it becomes a different game. If Damo is alien town are in a good spot with so many almost scum clear.

I’m aware that there is a scenario where Rdriveria and I are both scum and Thamrick was last survivor of Walkie-talkie QT. Once we find one secretary then RDRIVERIA and I are scum cleared as we can’t be the item thief.
yeah i shot bunny lol
that was fun
you probably started to forget about me somewhat because my activity level has declined since the earlier days

fox may not actually be shaman and is just fakeclaiming because he knows shaman is dead (or has at least a very good guess)
there is a very reasonable scenario where maniac is secretary and fox is item thief, but that can be relegated until after we find alien

if damo is alien then the game is looking really good for us, if not then it may get pretty spicy tomorrow

Vecna

#5532 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 am
It's entirely possible the scum team held their kill and don't actually know who the alien is, as well. I'm not sure how likely it is, but if they're as town-friendly as Damo seems to think, why wouldn't they that?
Didnt wanna say it but yeah.

Hold the kill.

Town kill alien? Perfect

Town kill town? Meh, helps us, not killing gave them another day to find the alien. probably

Town are about to kill scum? WAIT GUYS, WE KNOW WHO THE ALIEN IS! ITS THIS GUY "points at random person"

Such a ghug play.

Vecna

#5533 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:52 am

ND wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:40 am
##GM NOTE

“##CALL GM: Since the Item Thief operates prior to the NK in the order of operations, would a dead player be able to report whether their item was stolen to the shaman?”

From Game Start Post: “The deceased player can answer the question based on what they knew in the living world.” (Section: Shaman, Page 1)

From Game Start Post: “Players are notified if their item is stolen.” (Section: Item Thief, Page 1)

This is an opportunity to clarify anything conflicting in this hypothetical situation. Unfortunately, Dargorygel is away currently and, he may have spoken on this previously! But, for this specific hypothetical occurrence an item theft occurs before the player dies. Thus, they, the deceased, would technically be able to speak on a hypothetical theft if contacted by the shaman.

“##CALL GM - If the Mafia attempt to NK the Alien, and the attack fails due to the Alien being NK immune, is the Alien informed that they survived an attack?”

Any role or item that grants night immunity would be notified in the event of a hypothetical situation such as this.

“##CALL GM: does the aliens control of infected votes extend to END votes?”

Hypothetically, yes.
lol, this completely contradicts the earlier answer. You know, the answer that stopped us from doing an item massclaim :lol:

Does this clear fox? Would a scum fox ask the gm's again whether he could include this intricate level of detail where the GM's told us before that nk'd players would be unaware of item thefts.

My interpretation is; nope. Doing that and then claim a role that can self-confirm, seems like a pretty nice hail mary.

Seems to me we got another player confirmed by the gm's lmao. Or pretty close at least.

damo666

#5534 Post by damo666 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:52 am

Maniac wrote:

Fox is shaman

Dk me and there are 8 players left max 3 alien DNA.
Scum nk infectee, alien infects, 7 with max 3. If Jamie gets a +ve kill that person else vote in pool and hope scum direct.
Scum NK non infectee, alien wins.
Scum hold kill, go into tomorrow 4-4. You gotta kill the alien.

So scum probably hold and will have to reveal tomorrow.

That works I guess.

Vecna

#5535 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:02 am

Maniac wrote:

Fox is shaman

lol, it hadnt even dawned on me the two of you could still be scum together under this scenario

Vecna

#5536 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am

##vote worcej

damo666

#5537 Post by damo666 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:08 am

Vecna cannot be alien unless dead infectee so tomorrow you should vote within

worcej ghug Bob

Examining each in turn as alien my guess at scum pair is as follows:

ALIEN ----------------- Mafia
Bob ‐---------------- ghug and worcej
ghug ------------------ worcej and struggling
Worcej -------‐----------- ghug and struggling

Bob must be the alien

##vote Bob

damo666

#5538 Post by damo666 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:06 am
##vote worcej
Interesting.

If worcej is alien who do you think are the 2 Mafia?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5539 Post by Maniac » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:11 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:56 am
It's entirely possible the scum team held their kill and don't actually know who the alien is, as well. I'm not sure how likely it is, but if they're as town-friendly as Damo seems to think, why wouldn't they that?
Didnt wanna say it but yeah.

Hold the kill.

Town kill alien? Perfect

Town kill town? Meh, helps us, not killing gave them another day to find the alien. probably

Town are about to kill scum? WAIT GUYS, WE KNOW WHO THE ALIEN IS! ITS THIS GUY "points at random person"

Such a ghug play.
It would be a good play but if scum is lead wagon and give up the alien, then the alien becomes the next day’s kill so scum aren’t saved.

Vecna

#5540 Post by Vecna » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:13 am

Like I know what im doing atm