Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3281 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:32 am
damo666 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 am


I might switch my scan since damo's pretty clearly scum here
How on earth do you conclude that I am 'pretty clearly scum'?

I am trying to help you not waste your scan.
1) You have no scumreads to speak of. You have pushed no one. You have been talking but not saying anything.

2) You tried to wagon me by asking loaded questions that assume I am scum. You're smart enough to know that is not how an argument works.

3) You seem desperate to not be scanned. Your argument presupposes knowledge that I can only gain by scanning you. You cannot seem to tell me why, using only information I have, I should not scan you.
Bona, did you ask the GM's if you flip with your sanity revealed?

If you did not ask, why the fuck not?

If you did ask, and the answer is yes, why have you not just been scanning other people?

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3282 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:28 am


Do you read ahead as scum and then go back and fake your reads? Serious question. I would not have expected this.
No, that seems like way too much risk for being inconsistent when catching up on this much material.

That, and I dont really like to rely on gimmicks. Not like I need them. Besides, this wouldve been the most elaborate fake townslip ever devised.
I agree...so why did you call out your play as "super mega ultra obv town" when whe all know you'd do it as scum too? I'm starting to think you might be down, but you keep doing this dumb non-towny vecna stuff.
You'd think I spent several hours writing ginormous walls all working under the impression we did not know EMC's flip and the other thing that I only learned later? Just to come out and say "OH LOOK I TOWNSLIPPED"?

And I always act happy when I managed to credibly manage to create a scenario (randomly) where I come out looking really good.

Its not dumb. Its not "non-towny vecna stuff". Its called making sure others see it so they can read the gamestate better. Its a great tool to work towards my victory condition.

But I know that you have to undermine me. You always try as scum.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3283 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:03 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:04 am
##gm note
Adjudication will be at 6pm est tomorrow. I guess that means it will be an hour earlier for some people?
oh. Im totally gonna forget this and be on at EoD/EoN an hour later at least once lol

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10571
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 3373

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3284 Post by ghug » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:04 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:40 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 am


I might switch my scan since damo's pretty clearly scum here
Nah, I think he's town.

Don't tell us who you're scanning, just scan.
Why do you townread Damo?

Also, totally agree on the last point. Don't tell us.
Damo's town when he's upsetting and scum when he's quiet. He's not doing anything useful, but he's being very flagrant about it.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3285 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:06 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:52 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:07 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:13 pm


can we shoot you instead
Do we need the AK to shoot soon? We're at 6 scum and 10 town (and at least 1 NK/night). If AK shoots and misses tomorrow, we're at 6-8. Should AK just hold in case we go past KiLo and needs to claw back? Should shoot now?
assuming of course that one exists, this is a good question to think about
i have little idea how to approach this honestly, although a shot tomorrow might not be too bad
I feel at this points its safe to say that we better hope it doesnt exist.

It feels like its firmly in alien/scum hands. If not, keep in mind scum stole an item N1, probably used it N2, and can likely use it again N3.

If they stole N1 from someone alive (seems unlikely since noone spoke up, but it still might be the case they tried to steal from someone without an item) - then they have a 1/7 or 1/8 chance I believe to steal the AK if its actually in town hands. These odds get drastically better if they have more knowledge on other items, for example if Jasnah is town. (yes I chose those words on purpose)

Foxcastle
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1227

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3286 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:12 pm

I haven't caught up on since I left yesterday except to see the EOD results. Did anything useful happen?

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3287 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:29 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:13 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:49 am


No. This is a willful misrepresentation of what I said.
so then what reason would i, as scum, have to ignore the mech clear on you that was quite clearly posted in the thread in favour of something else? because i quite literally cannot see what youre going for here

also do you have any reads?
I'm saying it was an accident. One hard to do as town, but easy as maf



:)
Bona

bb
Worej


(other people are here(


Bunny
Vecna
(Jamie would be here, but no-cc holds out)
Bob
:(
oh lord

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 10571
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 3373

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3288 Post by ghug » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:12 pm
I haven't caught up on since I left yesterday except to see the EOD results. Did anything useful happen?
No

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3289 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Just had some random thoughts. That might explain the very weird Foxcastle wagon yesterday, that seemed to come out of nowhere.

The gamestate really read that most people were ambivalent towards fox, or thought he was town. Then suddenly yesterday that wagon popped off, while the only reason that was presented, going by my memory (i probably missed 1 actual reason, but w/e) - is that he sounds ANGRY this game.

Are you the alien Fox?

It just really feels like the mafia targetted you with something and got an immune response, so now theyre trying to kill you.

So many scumlords were on the fox wagon with shit reasoning.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3290 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Like, the only person that feels he had genuine reason to be suspicious of Fox, and that has a trajectory with very clear reasoning is Rdrivera.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1227

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3291 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 pm
Just had some random thoughts. That might explain the very weird Foxcastle wagon yesterday, that seemed to come out of nowhere.

The gamestate really read that most people were ambivalent towards fox, or thought he was town. Then suddenly yesterday that wagon popped off, while the only reason that was presented, going by my memory (i probably missed 1 actual reason, but w/e) - is that he sounds ANGRY this game.

Are you the alien Fox?

It just really feels like the mafia targetted you with something and got an immune response, so now theyre trying to kill you.

So many scumlords were on the fox wagon with shit reasoning.
I am not the alien, no. But I agree that the reasoning most people have used to vote me is lazy and/or moronic, and I doubt that changed in the last few hours of the day.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3292 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm

The people that voted Fox (some unvoted):

Brainbomb
Bunny
Ghug
Maniac
Rdrivera
Thamrick
Bona

Cross-reference that with your scumreads people. Realize they werent protecting a teammate (unless damo is scum).

I think this was scum trying to take out the alien. And theres at least 3 scum in that group.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3293 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Alternatively, this was just bussing day and my read on Fox is dogshit and he's scum.

But the number of suspicious people on that wagon..

Maybe im just seeing things. Maybe im onto something?

Foxcastle
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1227

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3294 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:25 pm
Alternatively, this was just bussing day and my read on Fox is dogshit and he's scum.

But the number of suspicious people on that wagon..

Maybe im just seeing things. Maybe im onto something?
I am skeptical that this was alien hunting, when the simpler explanation is that it was just TvT and they didn't have to worry.

BunnyGo
Posts: 9195
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 1271

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3295 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 am
Macca573 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:15 am


You do know. But you didn't at the time Jamie is referring to.
I will assume a PR claim is legit until there's a CC.

And if kgray was unfortunately the PR and Jamie/Bona is getting away with something, I'll pay off to that.
Um excuse me Bunny, Macca did NOT claim PR. Macca claimed to have a scanning item, the Pass. Macca is a VT and did not claim otherwise.
I'm referring to your and Bona's PR claim...

BunnyGo
Posts: 9195
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 1271

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3296 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:26 am
Macca573 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:21 am


Dw Bona, I understood.
Ok...I've been drinking, and this is all over my head. I'm gonna go catch up now.
Nobody was trying to make a joke, you fruit fuck. You just can't read.
It's over my head anyways. And you try reading you limey bastard.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3297 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 pm
Just had some random thoughts. That might explain the very weird Foxcastle wagon yesterday, that seemed to come out of nowhere.

The gamestate really read that most people were ambivalent towards fox, or thought he was town. Then suddenly yesterday that wagon popped off, while the only reason that was presented, going by my memory (i probably missed 1 actual reason, but w/e) - is that he sounds ANGRY this game.

Are you the alien Fox?

It just really feels like the mafia targetted you with something and got an immune response, so now theyre trying to kill you.

So many scumlords were on the fox wagon with shit reasoning.
I am not the alien, no. But I agree that the reasoning most people have used to vote me is lazy and/or moronic, and I doubt that changed in the last few hours of the day.
And yet you've been angriliy attacking people all game, yet have turned into a passive poodle now

BunnyGo
Posts: 9195
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 1271

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3298 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:36 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 am


No, that seems like way too much risk for being inconsistent when catching up on this much material.

That, and I dont really like to rely on gimmicks. Not like I need them. Besides, this wouldve been the most elaborate fake townslip ever devised.
I agree...so why did you call out your play as "super mega ultra obv town" when whe all know you'd do it as scum too? I'm starting to think you might be down, but you keep doing this dumb non-towny vecna stuff.
You'd think I spent several hours writing ginormous walls all working under the impression we did not know EMC's flip and the other thing that I only learned later? Just to come out and say "OH LOOK I TOWNSLIPPED"?

And I always act happy when I managed to credibly manage to create a scenario (randomly) where I come out looking really good.

Its not dumb. Its not "non-towny vecna stuff". Its called making sure others see it so they can read the gamestate better. Its a great tool to work towards my victory condition.

But I know that you have to undermine me. You always try as scum.
I always try period. But shouting how towny you are for something that is NAI is not helpful.

Vecna
Posts: 10480
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 3016

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3299 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:32 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:28 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:25 pm
Alternatively, this was just bussing day and my read on Fox is dogshit and he's scum.

But the number of suspicious people on that wagon..

Maybe im just seeing things. Maybe im onto something?
I am skeptical that this was alien hunting, when the simpler explanation is that it was just TvT and they didn't have to worry.
Youre a fool if you think scum is more afraid of town than of the alien at this point

Scum had no motivation to try and eliminate lfischl yesterday, because that play he did completely ruled him out of being the alien.

BunnyGo
Posts: 9195
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 1271

Re: Mafia 65: Dreamland II [Hidden]

#3300 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 pm
<snip>
So many scumlords were on the fox wagon with shit reasoning.
Since you and rdr say I'm not here or not contributing, what was shit about this reasoning?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests