Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#861 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:08 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:38 pm
CASE ON KGRAY - A SUMMARY:

<various great points>
So obviously I was wrong about damo and I'm not at all convinced Durga is town, but you are blowing this way out of proportion.
Would you vote Durga today?

Do you agree that we should only vote in the pool of 5 people revealed as potential scum by Brainbomb's question?
At this point yes, but she's here now so I'm going to give her a chance to be towny.

I don't really like restricting votes this way, but I trust the numbers people, so sure.
1

Durga
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4149

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#862 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:29 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:21 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:16 pm
I'd like it if everyone would rank the 5 suspects in order.

The 5 suspects being Bona, Celaph, Durga, Kgray, Vecna.

(Look Maniac I put them in alphabetical order again)

We know there there are 1-3 scum in this group. So everyone's opinion on which of them is most likely, or least likely, to be scum, would be useful.
I guess the issue here is it could be 1/5 which means there's 2/6 in the other group which means our odds would be even worse
Surely from your perspective, it's at worst 1/4 rather than 1/5?
Yes but why would you use my perspective here?
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#863 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:11 pm
I know I have the unique perspective of knowing this was town v town so I'm inclined to think that scum probably didn't care which one of me or damo died. I'm willing to bet there was scum on my wagon and it makes me feel that kgray is town for trying to get damo killed instead because why bother otherwise
If I were scum and you and damo were both town, I'd obviously prefer him dying to you. Although I probably wouldn't have been that blatant about it.
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 3137
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1404
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#864 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:03 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:02 pm


Feel free to put into words what you were actually trying to say though. I still have no clue
I've never seen Jamie even attempt to try to mimic this supposed town meta of his, so I think your claim that no one would try to miskill Jamie is bunk
Why are you trying to make these arguments when you have never played with town jamiet before?

Trying to mimic his town gimmicks is literally what he does. He even copied his bloody 10 posts per phase gimmick in your first game here iirc.

Even Jamiet knows that I always try to piss him off on purpose on D1 to determine his alignment.
But he hasn't actually gotten as angry as you say he does in any of the last few games, even when you were trying to piss him off, as you say, so that meta doesn't seem to be applicable any more.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9792
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#865 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:29 pm
Saying I don't have a great reason is not the same as having no reason, especially when my reason is not going to be particularly compelling to other people. I'm not saying I thought I had definitive proof that damo was scum, but you saying I had no reason to scumread him is ridiculous.
I literally said you had "no strong reason", not no reason whatsoever, so I could play those semantics right back to you.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#866 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:16 pm
I'd like it if everyone would rank the 5 suspects in order.

The 5 suspects being Bona, Celaph, Durga, Kgray, Vecna.

(Look Maniac I put them in alphabetical order again)

We know there there are 1-3 scum in this group. So everyone's opinion on which of them is most likely, or least likely, to be scum, would be useful.
Durga > celaph > Vecna > bona
2

Durga
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4149

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#867 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:37 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:35 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:11 pm
I know I have the unique perspective of knowing this was town v town so I'm inclined to think that scum probably didn't care which one of me or damo died. I'm willing to bet there was scum on my wagon and it makes me feel that kgray is town for trying to get damo killed instead because why bother otherwise
If I were scum and you and damo were both town, I'd obviously prefer him dying to you. Although I probably wouldn't have been that blatant about it.
Why? And why would you fight so much for it? Is damo some god sent top tier player or some shit or do you just think you can pocket me?
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9792
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#868 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:37 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Does anyone have a fucking reason as to why they're voting me or naw
Firstly, you are in a group of 5 people containing 1-3 scum.
The other group of 6 people contains 0-2 scum.
So it makes good sense to target in the first group.

Secondly, it looks very much like you were saved D1.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18071
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 9792
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#869 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:16 pm
I'd like it if everyone would rank the 5 suspects in order.

The 5 suspects being Bona, Celaph, Durga, Kgray, Vecna.

(Look Maniac I put them in alphabetical order again)

We know there there are 1-3 scum in this group. So everyone's opinion on which of them is most likely, or least likely, to be scum, would be useful.
Durga > celaph > Vecna > bona
Durga is now Kgray's top scumread!

Interesting.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#870 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:20 pm
bozo defending me is such a weird, unfamiliar experience. But I don't see any reason for him to do that as scum. Buddying me seems kind of pointless here when he's not in the group of eligible voters, so it would make more sense for him to just push my miskill rather than try to keep me around to save him later when he'd potentially be up for the kill.
Didnt he say in scumchat one of the last few games he'd prefer to be alive with you in endgame?

I think you shouldve sheeped me yesterday.
Did he? Where? Last time I was alive in the endgame I miskilled bozo and let Chaqa embarrass the shit out of me :cry:
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#871 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Does anyone have a fucking reason as to why they're voting me or naw
Have you read the game?
1

Durga
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4149

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#872 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:37 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Does anyone have a fucking reason as to why they're voting me or naw
Firstly, you are in a group of 5 people containing 1-3 scum.
The other group of 6 people contains 0-2 scum.
So it makes good sense to target in the first group.

Secondly, it looks very much like you were saved D1.
Okay so literally nothing on my end nice love it
1

Durga
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4149

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#873 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:41 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Does anyone have a fucking reason as to why they're voting me or naw
Have you read the game?
Is that why you think I'm scum? And if you think I'm scum I suggest putting your vote on me.
1

Durga
Posts: 8546
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4149

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#874 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:42 pm

I'll read the game when I have time to read the game. I work all day and at least I'm engaging with people now.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#875 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:29 pm
Saying I don't have a great reason is not the same as having no reason, especially when my reason is not going to be particularly compelling to other people. I'm not saying I thought I had definitive proof that damo was scum, but you saying I had no reason to scumread him is ridiculous.
I literally said you had "no strong reason", not no reason whatsoever, so I could play those semantics right back to you.
Fine. Semantics is a dumb basis for reads anyway, and you're clearly distorting what happened to push your incorrect case on me.

Do you admit that I did actually ask damo questions? And that his vote *was* shady? And you never answered me about why you didn't question other people's naked votes.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#876 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:44 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:08 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:03 pm

I've never seen Jamie even attempt to try to mimic this supposed town meta of his, so I think your claim that no one would try to miskill Jamie is bunk
Why are you trying to make these arguments when you have never played with town jamiet before?

Trying to mimic his town gimmicks is literally what he does. He even copied his bloody 10 posts per phase gimmick in your first game here iirc.

Even Jamiet knows that I always try to piss him off on purpose on D1 to determine his alignment.
But he hasn't actually gotten as angry as you say he does in any of the last few games, even when you were trying to piss him off, as you say, so that meta doesn't seem to be applicable any more.
Youre just arguing for arguments sake at this point buddy. You forgot your initial disagreement entirely it seems. At least I really dont understand the point youre trying to make.

He still gets angry plenty of times. Not as long and thorough anymore since he's trying to controll himself, but its still there. And theres a bunch of other things jamiet tries to fake. Some more convincing than others.

I was still able to catch him in both games that he was scum. Everyone just treats him like me these days it seems in that he's widely townread for his stuff.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#877 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:37 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:35 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:11 pm
I know I have the unique perspective of knowing this was town v town so I'm inclined to think that scum probably didn't care which one of me or damo died. I'm willing to bet there was scum on my wagon and it makes me feel that kgray is town for trying to get damo killed instead because why bother otherwise
If I were scum and you and damo were both town, I'd obviously prefer him dying to you. Although I probably wouldn't have been that blatant about it.
Why? And why would you fight so much for it? Is damo some god sent top tier player or some shit or do you just think you can pocket me?
I think I could pocket you lol. But it's also irrelevant because I'd want you alive over damo regardless of my alignment, and yeah, that's what I'm saying - I wouldn't fight so much for it.
1

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#878 Post by Vecna » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:20 pm
bozo defending me is such a weird, unfamiliar experience. But I don't see any reason for him to do that as scum. Buddying me seems kind of pointless here when he's not in the group of eligible voters, so it would make more sense for him to just push my miskill rather than try to keep me around to save him later when he'd potentially be up for the kill.
Didnt he say in scumchat one of the last few games he'd prefer to be alive with you in endgame?

I think you shouldve sheeped me yesterday.
Did he? Where? Last time I was alive in the endgame I miskilled bozo and let Chaqa embarrass the shit out of me :cry:
maybe im misremembering. if so, im sure bozo will properly chastise me shortly.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#879 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:38 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:16 pm
I'd like it if everyone would rank the 5 suspects in order.

The 5 suspects being Bona, Celaph, Durga, Kgray, Vecna.

(Look Maniac I put them in alphabetical order again)

We know there there are 1-3 scum in this group. So everyone's opinion on which of them is most likely, or least likely, to be scum, would be useful.
Durga > celaph > Vecna > bona
Durga is now Kgray's top scumread!

Interesting.
I think so. But celaph is very near the top. I think you should look into his push on you and how easily he backed off.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#880 Post by kgray » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:41 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:27 pm
Does anyone have a fucking reason as to why they're voting me or naw
Have you read the game?
Is that why you think I'm scum? And if you think I'm scum I suggest putting your vote on me.
Well, you're reminding me a lot more of your scum game in M60 than when I've seen you as town. The fact that it could be because you don't have time makes it a weaker argument, but that's what you said in that game too. The similarity is there.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bonatogether and 2 guests