MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
celaph

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6601 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 am

I get the sense there is no point beating around the bush. I hard claim town one-shot governor.

As to why I did not claim earlier. D1 I tried to last minute self-target learning that I couldn't with only enough time for what I did. I'm frankly still surprised that I survived that day. D2 I just honestly didn't think I was going to be DK'd with HR doing whatever he was doing.

damo666

#6602 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:07 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:03 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:00 am
Although that flatbread recipe looks good, I tend to prefer loafs to them as I am a believer in eating the middle of bread and not its crust.
Sounds like you need better crust.
I really like the middle part of bread and will just eat that when given the opportunity to do so and leave it with just a crust .
You write well for a four year old.

BunnyGo

#6603 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:06 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 am
I get the sense there is no point beating around the bush. I hard claim town one-shot governor.

As to why I did not claim earlier. D1 I tried to last minute self-target learning that I couldn't with only enough time for what I did. I'm frankly still surprised that I survived that day. D2 I just honestly didn't think I was going to be DK'd with HR doing whatever he was doing.
That is....not what I expected.

Who did you save day 2?

damo666

#6604 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:11 am

I have not noticed a Roleblock claim

The lack of such a claim would indicate one of the following:

either Macca is alien

or

Alien probe targeted one of the very few Mafia who are not claiming in order to get Macca daykilled.

I suspect the former

celaph

#6605 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:15 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:06 am
celaph wrote:

That is....not what I expected.

Who did you save day 2?
No one. I was fine with both the HR and Ezio wagons.

damo666

#6606 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:18 am

celaph wrote:

This is hard to believe. Having to choose a discard you would carefully read the 2 roles. How would you not know you couldn't self target.

Celaph is as guilty as sin.

##end

damo666

#6607 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am

Regarding mass claim I would support a vanilla/non vanilla mass claim.

I hard claim non vanilla lol.

BobMcBob

#6608 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:05 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm

Could he have been coached to make this remark? I don't see how celaph would know the details of previous games.
In case you've forgotten, celaph is that one dude who bases all his logic on previous games and constantly links to them. Has done so all game.

@celaph I agree that Macca isn't exhibiting much towniness, however I don't think that is necessarily indicative of being scum. At worst I'd give them mild scumlean for this. That is insignificant right now compared to the amount of scumminess on multiple other people.
I disagree with the characterization as someone who only bases cases in past games. My read on Macca is very much rooted in this game and I only went to the past game when you deflected my argument under the basis that they're a newb.

I think it is unlikely that Macca and Bob are teammates. This is a pretty brazen approach to deflecting a case and I would guess that a teammate would try to be more discrete and tactful.
I didn't actually mean all your logic, but a significant portion of it. It was for demonstration purposes.

I dismissed your case because your case is weak. I am not deflecting the case (per se), I am saying that it is weak, and at best a reason for scumlean on him. And we shouldn't be pushing to daykill someone who is slightly scummy when you are still in the game, as well as people like Vecna and Maniac.

celaph

#6609 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:21 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:11 am

either Macca is alien

or

Alien probe targeted one of the very few Mafia who are not claiming in order to get Macca daykilled.

I suspect the former
Can you explain the logic on the former?

celaph

#6610 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:24 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:18 am
celaph wrote:

This is hard to believe. Having to choose a discard you would carefully read the 2 roles. How would you not know you couldn't self target.

Celaph is as guilty as sin.

##end
Can't really fault you for thinking I wouldn't make such a mistake.

BobMcBob

#6611 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 am

damo666 wrote:

either Macca is alien

or

I suspect the former
Or:
They roleblocked a VT (or hider???), so they didn't receive a roleblock notification ##Call GM is this how roleblock notifications work?

Or:
The roleblocked person has for whatever reason forgotten/decided not to claim (we haven't had docsave claim yet)

Why do you assume that those are the only two options?

celaph

#6612 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am
celaph wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:05 pm

In case you've forgotten, celaph is that one dude who bases all his logic on previous games and constantly links to them. Has done so all game.

@celaph I agree that Macca isn't exhibiting much towniness, however I don't think that is necessarily indicative of being scum. At worst I'd give them mild scumlean for this. That is insignificant right now compared to the amount of scumminess on multiple other people.
I disagree with the characterization as someone who only bases cases in past games. My read on Macca is very much rooted in this game and I only went to the past game when you deflected my argument under the basis that they're a newb.

I think it is unlikely that Macca and Bob are teammates. This is a pretty brazen approach to deflecting a case and I would guess that a teammate would try to be more discrete and tactful.
I didn't actually mean all your logic, but a significant portion of it. It was for demonstration purposes.

I dismissed your case because your case is weak. I am not deflecting the case (per se), I am saying that it is weak, and at best a reason for scumlean on them. And we shouldn't be pushing to daykill someone who is slightly scummy when you are still in the game, as well as people like Vecna and Maniac.
I'll concede the first point. I clearly like my argument more than you do, but I also wouldn't mind a vote on either Vecna or Maniac.

BobMcBob

#6613 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:24 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:23 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:09 am
Vanilla Townie - Bozo
Vanilla Townie - Bona
Vanilla Townie - damo
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
We can expect 3-4 to have never been dealt. About an 8% chance more than 8 were dealt. 20% chance fewer than six were.
then maf will claim an abnormal amount as they get pressed and then we have our pool to kill from
But there will more than likely be at least one scum outside the pool, so we can't just run down the pool.

celaph

#6614 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 am
damo666 wrote:

either Macca is alien

or

I suspect the former
Or:
They roleblocked a VT (or hider???), so they didn't receive a roleblock notification ##Call GM is this how roleblock notifications work?

Or:
The roleblocked person has for whatever reason forgotten/decided not to claim (we haven't had docsave claim yet)

We brought the first point up when ghug claimed. I'm fairly confident that VTs receive RB pms.

BobMcBob

#6615 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:33 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 am
BobMcBob wrote:
celaph wrote:

I dismissed your case because your case is weak. I am not deflecting the case (per se), I am saying that it is weak, and at best a reason for scumlean on them. And we shouldn't be pushing to daykill someone who is slightly scummy when you are still in the game, as well as people like Vecna and Maniac.
I'll concede the first point. I clearly like my argument more than you do, but I also wouldn't mind a vote on either Vecna or Maniac.
So then why were you making such a substantial push on macca as a counterwagon? Did you not want to offer up a teammate?

damo666

#6616 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:34 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:21 am
damo666 wrote:

either Macca is alien

or

I suspect the former
Can you explain the logic on the former?
Macca wasn't RBd . He was HRs teammate.

celaph

#6617 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:33 am
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:31 am
BobMcBob wrote:

So then why were you making such a substantial push on macca as a counterwagon? Did you not want to offer up a teammate?
Yes, I said that I would defend them until I die.

BobMcBob

#6618 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:30 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:29 am
Can someone less lazy than me go through the town PRs and determine how many of them can confirm themselves?
inno child, louds, masons, vig, invests, parrot
This is not quite accurate, for reasons I won't explain unless it becomes necessary (and I suggest nobody states why or discusses this at the moment. Looking at you bona)

damo666

#6619 Post by damo666 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 am

BobMcBob wrote:
damo666 wrote:

either Macca is alien

or

I suspect the former
Or:

Or:

The two most likely options until we hear of a claim.

Ghug claimed RB N1 so unless he is lying too there is a blocker in play. I strongly believe ghug was not lying.

BobMcBob

#6620 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 am

celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am
BobMcBob wrote:
damo666 wrote:

either Macca is alien

or

I suspect the former
Or:

Or:

We brought the first point up when ghug claimed. I'm fairly confident that VTs receive RB pms.
If we *do* have confirmation on this, can somebody please point me to it?