MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#5001 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:36 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 pm
So while you're all here, come and answer one question:

What on earth is my scum motivation for, well, anything that happened at the EoD?

Come up with a convincing answer and I'll even self-hammer
I've been trying to and asking people to. But your 3 posts last night I just don't get as anything but a meltdown for unspecified reasons.

I can't come up with town motivation either...

Are you a lover and celaph is your mate?

Are you both masons?
I saw no reason to talk all night about it and was content to die if necessary. My town motivation is that I didn't want either person I townread to die. I think that's the mathematical best strategy, and I'm certainly not apologising for it. Also, I like to watch the world burn

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5002 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:

What on earth is my scum motivation for, well, anything that happened at the EoD?

The reasoning you presented that you tied the vote to teach town a lesson is egregious. You don't hurt your team odds to win to teach a lesson this is utterly bullshit.
Faking a scan or whatever on Kgray closer to EOD is also scummy. I just can't see a town motivation for it. I can see a scum motivation if you thought you might be the DK or if you think you can get away with it (which I believe you can try).
There is no way you won't be a DK unless you can clear yourself.

But I don't want to end so fast. Give some time for everyone participate.

##vote HR
Fine. ##unend

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5003 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 pm

ghug wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:35 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:30 pm

Fair and precise question. I still think the tie vote was egregious but I am willing to hear them out on it.

Who got blocked?
I don't think the tie was a bad thing. As I pointed out in my scum team averages post yesterday regarding the info-flipping, there's probably 3-4 mafia, maybe 5 or even 6 aliens, and a potential serial killer. That's 8-10 scum in all likelihood, probably closer to 8. Which means that with 19 living players we're already at our final day of having a majority, and even in better scenarios we're probably only one miskill away from losing it. There's a strong chance we lose our plurality as early as D4 if things go badly. So when I got a townread on celaph during that EoD, and already saw no reason whatsoever for Ezio to lie, I decided a tie was better for us. And I think I was right. And it got to piss you all off. Win/Win/Win.
Except that you know intentionally tying a vote means you'll be killed next, and scum will get an extra night of actions, so there's no way you actually believe this.
Who cares if scum have an extra night of actions? We've already concluded that they don't have a Godfather - So extra nights of actions mean more cop reports which are just superior in every way. They also probably don't have a roleblocker, and there's no loud mafia role so we have a chance of loud townies being able to get pocket clears on themselves

FWIW the person who can clear me probably won't be online for hours

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5004 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 pm

Goddamn it HR you (REDACTED) If you're stalling this hamm to get a 40 hour night because Jamie won't be around to call I fucking swear

Ezio

#5005 Post by Ezio » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:41 pm

##vote HR till he gets himself cleared lol.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5006 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:41 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:33 pm
I found that HR post utterly convincing about rdr. I'm less sure about the 2nd effect of kgray being scum (easily believable as town who doesn't scumread rdr). But in addition to HR's points about rdr:

1) rdr has been killed early and often as town in recent games. I get the impression he wants a respite from that. And this game is perfect for it with the half-open nature.

2) He has contributed even less than I'd expect, while also being somewhat clued in for someone who doesn't have time to read nearly 300 pages. Seems like he might be getting a distilled version somewhere.

All that said: ##vote HR
##end

Also, what night activities are we claiming now? RB? Vote block? Vanilla-ized? Doc-saved? Those seem reasonable to me. But want group opinion. Those that seem less reasonable (but group opinion welcome): loud visits, Parrot visits (if known).

I think I listed all things that someone may have been alerted to.

If nobody was saved last night: Was the first kill the alien's using their factional? Is SK/mafia holstering their kills? Not sure the implications.
God this is scummy.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5007 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:42 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I don't think the tie was a bad thing. As I pointed out in my scum team averages post yesterday regarding the info-flipping, there's probably 3-4 mafia, maybe 5 or even 6 aliens, and a potential serial killer. That's 8-10 scum in all likelihood, probably closer to 8. Which means that with 19 living players we're already at our final day of having a majority, and even in better scenarios we're probably only one miskill away from losing it. There's a strong chance we lose our plurality as early as D4 if things go badly. So when I got a townread on celaph during that EoD, and already saw no reason whatsoever for Ezio to lie, I decided a tie was better for us. And I think I was right. And it got to piss you all off. Win/Win/Win.
Except that you know intentionally tying a vote means you'll be killed next, and scum will get an extra night of actions, so there's no way you actually believe this.
Who cares if scum have an extra night of actions? We've already concluded that they don't have a Godfather - So extra nights of actions mean more cop reports which are just superior in every way. They also probably don't have a roleblocker, and there's no loud mafia role so we have a chance of loud townies being able to get pocket clears on themselves

You literally can't be town here... I don't believe you're this bad at this.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5008 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:42 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

The reasoning you presented that you tied the vote to teach town a lesson is egregious. You don't hurt your team odds to win to teach a lesson this is utterly bullshit.
Faking a scan or whatever on Kgray closer to EOD is also scummy. I just can't see a town motivation for it. I can see a scum motivation if you thought you might be the DK or if you think you can get away with it (which I believe you can try).

##vote HR
Teaching them a lesson was a very satisfying ulterior motive - But celaph was super townie during that EoD by going after me, and I still see no scum motivation whatsoever for why Ezio would lie about his discard (Speaking of - Come on guys, where's these theorised scum motivations for my play?!). Miskills are much worse than No-Kills in a setup like this.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5009 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 pm

PEOPLE

Every post is an attempt to extend the day a minute at a time.

Every minute is more time for him to try to weasel his way out of this shit.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5010 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 pm
PEOPLE

Or you can wait so that They can clear me

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5011 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:40 pm
ghug wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Is the person who can clear you Jamie, when you flip?

BunnyGo

#5012 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I'm not an especially useful role, but someone here can clear me, so I am ambivalent. What do you think were my scum motivations there?
##unend what?
How can you believe this?
I'm willing to talk.

And there is technically a town way he could have been screwing around (with all the HERO vs TEAM horseshit I dislike about a lot of playstyles here--my own included in the games I think I do badly in). I think his push on you was a massive overreach. But if he and celaph are lovers...I mean, that's a reason to vote like that.

If he and celaph are masons, it'd explain what I've been getting off of celaph. Why he's online all the time and never posting.

What's the harm in letting him bloviate? Lord knows we've done it enough.

Donny Dude

#5013 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
PEOPLE

Is it Macca?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5014 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:42 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

##vote HR
Teaching them a lesson was a very satisfying ulterior motive - But celaph was super townie during that EoD by going after me, and I still see no scum motivation whatsoever for why Ezio would lie about his discard (Speaking of - Come on guys, where's these theorised scum motivations for my play?!). Miskills are much worse than No-Kills in a setup like this.
What's the town motivation for lying about having mechanically cleared scum?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5015 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

##vote HR
If you are in ANY FUCKING ALTERNATE REALITY town, this constitutes an intentional game throw and runs counter to the rules of mafia.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5016 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote HR
I might get my scumread killed, and I get to look amazing in the process ;)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5017 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

##unend what?
How can you believe this?
I'm willing to talk.

And there is technically a town way he could have been screwing around (with all the HERO vs TEAM horseshit I dislike about a lot of playstyles here--my own included in the games I think I do badly in). I think his push on you was a massive overreach. But if he and celaph are lovers...I mean, that's a reason to vote like that.

If he and celaph are masons, it'd explain what I've been getting off of celaph. Why he's online all the time and never posting.

What's the harm in letting him bloviate? Lord knows we've done it enough.
None of that explains claiming to have a confirmed guilty on me.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5018 Post by kgray » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I might get my scumread killed, and I get to look amazing in the process ;)
You look like absolute trash HR.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5019 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote HR
If you are in ANY FUCKING ALTERNATE REALITY town, this constitutes an intentional game throw and runs counter to the rules of mafia.
What part of 'No Kills are better than Miskills' in a setup where town might lose its plurality as early as D4 is too hard for you to comprehend?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5020 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
PEOPLE

You're combo fishing for more info and a miracle and over my fucking dead body will I give you either.