MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
jasnah

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6581 Post by jasnah » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:47 am

##vote Maniac

Haven't read the past few pages but really it's straightforward that I keep my word

BobMcBob

#6582 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 am

By the way, what do people think about the fact that there was no NK two nights in a row? Do we just have a really good doctor team? A mafia team that makes horrible guesses? Or one side just got lucky/unlucky? The bot's down, so just in case I missed it/haven't got there yet, has damo claimed his vanilla scan on a player yet, and has anyone claimed saved?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6583 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 am
By the way, what do people think about the fact that there was no NK two nights in a row? Do we just have a really good doctor team? A mafia team that makes horrible guesses? Or one side just got lucky/unlucky? The bot's down, so just in case I missed it/haven't got there yet, has damo claimed his vanilla scan on a player yet, and has anyone claimed saved?
We're yet to get either.

My guess is that we have two doctors and damo got saved again.

BobMcBob

#6584 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:56 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:08 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:06 am
macca, roleclaim now please
Much like HR, you've chosen someone who won't be here for many hours.
he was straight up just here readinh
Have you not noticed how they've been playing so far? They read, they mark posts to reply to, they post bomb? I doubt they're gonna give you special treatment. Btw they are at the school disco tonight I believe, so they may not even get around to post bombing today.

BobMcBob

#6585 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:58 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 am
We're yet to get either.

My guess is that we have two doctors and damo got saved again.
Okay thanks. That theory does make the most sense to me. Big props to the doctor(s) by the way, you've been doing a great job.

BobMcBob

#6586 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:09 am
Vanilla Townie - Bozo
Vanilla Townie - Bona
Vanilla Townie - damo
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Brain, are you sure you're paying attention to the game?

BobMcBob

#6587 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:00 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:10 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:08 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am

If that's the only reason you claimed why do you want everyone else to cliam?
That's why I went first. No strong PR is gonna claim first, cause people might chicken out, like you seem to want them to
I'm just wondering why you think you claiming automatically means everyone else has to.

And I'm certainly not convinced a massclaim is a good idea at this point.
Yeah, this doesn't logically follow. Also what are the actual benefits of massclaiming right now?

BobMcBob

#6588 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:01 am

And we shouldn't be following bb to a massclaim just because he felt like it on a whim.

BobMcBob

#6589 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:11 am
brainbomb wrote:
Vanilla Townie - Bozo
Vanilla Townie - Bona
Vanilla Townie - damo discard
Vanilla Townie - vecna discard
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Okay this makes a bit more sense. And we should include Miller and Tentacled Townie in here too right?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6590 Post by peterlund » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 am

Sorry but I was forced delete game 64 from the bot. The bot seems to not able to handle deleted messages in the game thread very well at all. It was creating lots of empty pages. While looking for the bug and the fix which may take a day or two, game 64 has to be taken off the bot.

BobMcBob

#6591 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:05 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:11 am
brainbomb wrote:
Vanilla Townie - Bozo
Vanilla Townie - Bona
Vanilla Townie - damo discard
Vanilla Townie - vecna discard
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Vanilla Townie
Okay this makes a bit more sense. And we should include Miller and Tentacled Townie in here too right?
There are actually 12 VT cards that could be dealt, not 10 (but obviously 2 scan differently).

BobMcBob

#6592 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:07 am

peterlund wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 am
Sorry but I was forced delete game 64 from the bot. The bot seems to not able to handle deleted messages in the game thread very well at all. It was creating lots of empty pages. While looking for the bug and the fix which may take a day or two, game 64 has to be taken off the bot.
We appreciate your effort. It's unfortunate that it worked out like this but thanks for responding to the issue so quickly, hopefully you can get it fixed.

BobMcBob

#6593 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:12 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 am
only 6 vts left, grab em before aliens do and game is auto
Please brain, this is not how mafia works
1) There are 12 "VT cards"
2) It is likely that only 8 or 9 were dealt (roughly)
3) If aliens claim VT late that doesn't mean we know it was them who claimed wrong. They can claim earlier, and it just becomes a matter of damo scanning anyway. And miller and tentacled don't scan vanilla, so even scans aren't certain.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6594 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:18 am

peterlund wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 am
Hey Peter, thanks for the constant maintenance! The bot is a treasure. I think the problem is that the posts got renumbered on the forum when bo deleted the spam. I'd wager a small pizza that the bot would do fine if you just recreated the game.

BunnyGo

#6595 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:03 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:00 am
Although that flatbread recipe looks good, I tend to prefer loafs to them as I am a believer in eating the middle of bread and not its crust.
Sounds like you need better crust.
^

But more seriously:

@brain I liked that deep dive. It also mentioned celaph claiming VT. And now it’s clear why he did! He’s definitely an alien.

He knew there was a psycho. And so he knew how investigations would look.

celaph

#6596 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:00 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:05 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm
celaph wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 pm

Luckily however, they aren't a total newbie and so instead of just deflecting and dismissing arguments under some premise of newbie incompetence, we can just compare performances.

Let me cherry pick out two messages from M61. The first is a defense and justification of Maniac's play. They analyze his actions and come to a conclusion that was unpopular among the town (see the message above). They consider his incentives as both town and scum for making such a play. And they acted on both of those aspects in a fashion that is internally consistent. For another example, see how they contributed to a wagon on Seth. Not only did they read the case and like it, they drew connections with the already made case to other comments and observations to further it. They commented on how Seth's impacts their conclusions.

Compare that to some of their notable comments this game. Besides the colors, their D2 reads list is purely parroting thoughts others have had. I feel similarly about their D1 reads list save the line "I didn't like the Bunny-Ghug go-between. I do not think these two are on the same team (including TT)." Beyond that, their comments have been very surface level, a fact we seem to agree on.

They're clearly capable of deep and insightful comments as they've made them in the past as town. One does not have to have fully found their feet in order to synthesize information can come to conclusions beyond what has already been said.
Could he have been coached to make this remark? I don't see how celaph would know the details of previous games.
In case you've forgotten, celaph is that one dude who bases all his logic on previous games and constantly links to them. Has done so all game.

@celaph I agree that Macca isn't exhibiting much towniness, however I don't think that is necessarily indicative of being scum. At worst I'd give them mild scumlean for this. That is insignificant right now compared to the amount of scumminess on multiple other people.
I disagree with the characterization as someone who only bases cases in past games. My read on Macca is very much rooted in this game and I only went to the past game when you deflected my argument under the basis that they're a newb.

I think it is unlikely that Macca and Bob are teammates. This is a pretty brazen approach to deflecting a case and I would guess that a teammate would try to be more discrete and tactful.

celaph

#6597 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:01 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:06 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:05 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:34 pm

Could he have been coached to make this remark? I don't see how celaph would know the details of previous games.
In case you've forgotten, celaph is that one dude who bases all his logic on previous games and constantly links to them. Has done so all game.

@celaph I agree that Macca isn't exhibiting much towniness, however I don't think that is necessarily indicative of being scum. At worst I'd give them mild scumlean for this. That is insignificant right now compared to the amount of scumminess on multiple other people.
Celaph has dug up remarks from earlier, and from past games he was in, but nothing before that. This is new.
Once again you are so confidently incorrect. That said, if I'm being fair, I think this is the only time I've done it before and you were dead at that point and so probably didn't read it.

celaph

#6598 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:01 am

kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:00 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:47 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:32 pm

Do you think the timing of his changed read of you was significant? Like did it follow other people questioning your towniness?
Tat's the thing Kgray and going off of memory now, possibly brain, and I want to say rdr and ghug, but mostly it was bunny setting it up maybe as a daykill in the future.
I don't feel like it followed other people, but rather bunny brought it to attention.
Yeah I'm seeing this too. N1 Bunny puts you in his townreads (many people were townreading you then) and the next time he mentions a read on you it's N3 in this post, and he never explained how that post was scummy.

Then he accuses you of piling on (I believe as a response to you engaging with brain about jasnah) and even says you were piling on Macca D1, even though he'd said N1 that he thought you were questioning a lot, which sounds to me like the opposite of piling on.

Not a good look for Bunny.
More people are adopting my quoting style! :-D

Also, I second the concern regarding Bunny's reads.

celaph

#6599 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:01 am

Ezio wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:13 am
Ezio wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:11 am

Idk they both seem pretty clear cut cases. Scum like to save their teammates, especially if ceph is a powerful role.
Doc shouldn't cc b/c there's no reason to. I just protected them. Seemed obvious.
Which "last words" post of his are you referring to?
celaph wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:00 pm
gl all. Sheep kgray.
Eh guesswork. Scum frequently like to make a post right before they die specifically naming a single other player.
They have all the levels, and I don't care to figure out which level celaph was playing at.
Level 1: heehee I'm gonna name a town and the rest of town will daykill them thinking I'm naming a town.
Level 2: heehee. I'm gonna name a scum partner and the rest of town will think I'm naming a town trying to get them daykilled, so this is gonna townclear my scum buddy.
level 3: etc.
You seem to be suggesting that I named kgray to create chaos and possibly try to get someone miskilled. If that's the case, then why am I naming the most widely townread person in the game? Unless you think that paranoia around scum kgray is strong enough to get her killed over such a thing, I think I create more chaos by naming literally anyone else.

celaph

#6600 Post by celaph » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:47 am
Ezio wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:44 am
kgray wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:38 am

Yeah let's daykill everyone who lies about roles :eyeroll:
Let's daykill the ones who were transparently saved by a scum, who also lied about their role while on the chopping block.
We could also daykill the ones who made a fakeclaim while under no pressure to protect the very town PR's they faked.
Why are you not at all interested in celaph's motivations for fakeclaiming as various alignments when you were so interested in your own?

He also didn't claim VT while on the chopping block. He claimed it during the first night. I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion when you weren't aware of any details of his role a page ago.
I think someone mentioned it below, but while the bot shows (I guess showed) the message as coming from start of night, it was made at EoD.

Side note: is SoN/SoD a thing for start of night/day?