Guess the Word

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1161 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:46 pm
Marmalade
Marmalade would usually be considered edible. No.
I meant the town in Haiti.

Is your work more slang or more highly technical jargon?
It is not a town in haiti, nor a town anywhere else, although it could probably be found in haiti.

The word is reasonably technical.
2

leon1122
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:43 pm
Karma: 254

Re: Guess the Word

#1162 Post by leon1122 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am

Of the words that have been chosen in this thread so far, which is your word closest to?
2

leon1122
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:43 pm
Karma: 254

Re: Guess the Word

#1163 Post by leon1122 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:55 am

Not the guesses that have been made for your word but the words that were chosen as the correct words by the previous winners.
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1164 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 am

leon1122 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:40 am
Of the words that have been chosen in this thread so far, which is your word closest to?
The closest is probably cake knife, but that isn't particularly close.
2

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Guess the Word

#1165 Post by Octavious » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:13 am

Could this word, when you think about it, be used in an act of murder?
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1166 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:13 am
Could this word, when you think about it, be used in an act of murder?
The word itself could not, but various things with the word on them could be. I mean unless you screamed the word while murdering someone, but I doubt anyone would do that.
1

Octavious
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 1964
Contact:

Re: Guess the Word

#1167 Post by Octavious » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:25 pm

Ahhh... in that case it must be parallelepiped
2

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4763
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5007
Contact:

Re: Guess the Word

#1168 Post by dargorygel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:13 am
Could this word, when you think about it, be used in an act of murder?
Octavious is clearly designing a new version of the game: "Cluedo." (Or "Clue" for this side of the Atlantic.)
1

Lukas Podolski
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 am
Karma: 118

Re: Guess the Word

#1169 Post by Lukas Podolski » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Choux (as in the pastry)
1

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1170 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:01 pm

Surprisingly no, it is not a parallelepiped. Although you could put it on one if it was made of the right material. It is also not choux pastry, or any other kind of pastry, and I doubt you could put it on one.
1

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 1049

Re: Guess the Word

#1171 Post by flash2015 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 pm

Sodium Telluride wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 am
I knew it was ur/your for a while, but I completely missed why and what the second word would be. I may have resorted to typing ur a (and planning to go down the alphabet) into google before I got it lol. I'll be back shortly with a word, but you can start guessing now.
Gerbil
Stop stealing my guess!!!
1

Sodium Telluride
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:33 am
Karma: 428

Re: Guess the Word

#1172 Post by Sodium Telluride » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 pm
Sodium Telluride wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 am
I knew it was ur/your for a while, but I completely missed why and what the second word would be. I may have resorted to typing ur a (and planning to go down the alphabet) into google before I got it lol. I'll be back shortly with a word, but you can start guessing now.
Gerbil
Stop stealing my guess!!!
Never? Is that alright?
2

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1173 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:24 am

Sodium Telluride wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 pm
Sodium Telluride wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:20 am


Gerbil
Stop stealing my guess!!!
Never? Is that alright?
The word is unfortunately not never.
1

Sodium Telluride
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:33 am
Karma: 428

Re: Guess the Word

#1174 Post by Sodium Telluride » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:26 am

Ok, I got a brand new guess. Is it Gerbil?
1

Sodium Telluride
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:33 am
Karma: 428

Re: Guess the Word

#1175 Post by Sodium Telluride » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 am

Does the average person own this word?

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1176 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 am

Sodium Telluride wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 am
Does the average person own this word?
No, and it is not something you could own by itself.
1

Sodium Telluride
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:33 am
Karma: 428

Re: Guess the Word

#1177 Post by Sodium Telluride » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 am
Sodium Telluride wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 am
Does the average person own this word?
No, and it is not something you could own by itself.
Can I own it in parts?

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Guess the Word

#1178 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:45 am

Sodium Telluride wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 am
Sodium Telluride wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:27 am
Does the average person own this word?
No, and it is not something you could own by itself.
Can I own it in parts?
You can own it on other things.
1

leon1122
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:43 pm
Karma: 254

Re: Guess the Word

#1179 Post by leon1122 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:48 am

Label?
Brand?
Pricetag?

I guess you could still own all of those things.
1

Sodium Telluride
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:33 am
Karma: 428

Re: Guess the Word

#1180 Post by Sodium Telluride » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:13 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:45 am
Sodium Telluride wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:52 am


No, and it is not something you could own by itself.
Can I own it in parts?
You can own it on other things.
A bug? Is it bigger or smaller than a bug? Is it an atom? Or the sky? Moelcule? Water?
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests