M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#2461 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 pm

Fluminator (66 posts)
P10 votes bozo
calls bunny scum again
P11 jokingly? says to daykill all the new players
P11 votes aaro
P21 calls bo scum
p21 talks about HR skeptically
P24 thinks ND is cranky that trump lost the election
P26 laughs at ND posts
P38 calls ghugh maybe scum
P57 thinks teacon can be sscum based on ISO
P57 has a FOS on maniac but thinks maniac might just get modkilled
p63 votes hamilton brian

Talks to bunny, vecna, balki, and hamilton

votes for damo and says he is scum again

calls ND a dick
votes for ND

P86 "I don't think I remember a game where brain has blended so well into the background before."

This is the first flum post I really paused at. I dont think I blended in, considering I was top poster? or 2nd to the top? I was as loud as ever just not as toxic as worcej and ND. lets be honest, my need to be loved is covered. I dont wanna say i dont care but I dont think how I play here will measure my overall worth anymore.

brain read: Flum is town
Notes: I wouldve said flum was scum but he isnt sad yet. Once flum gets sad, and someone actually sussed him, and the game is on the line, flum will be dismayed. I imagine the emottions of real flum will surface when town is playing worse. This notion also applies to vecna. Anger and fiestiness are parts of Flum and Vecnas play. I recently read his game with nanook and saw how heated it had gotten. Something I can relate to because I suffered through a game with nanook as well, and can tell you that Flum was 100% right in that argument. lol

Jamiet99uk

#2462 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Fellow Communists - if I die please avenge my memory by raising the people's flag high, and crushing Bozo or Yoyo, and/or try to get to the bottom of whether Maniac or Teacon was saved? BunnyGo is still possible scum in my eyes.

I townread Vecna, Kgray, Durga and Brainbomb, and possibly Celaph.

Also I do not see why Brainbomb thinks Damo is super #1 megatown, he's still a null for me.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2463 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:59 pm

EoN Reads:

ghug - No particularly strong opinion here; the usual joke trolling posts aimed at Durga feel like they're more frequent, but that might just be due to there being more posts

worcej - For someone who cheerled ND's toxicity as a way to gain reads I didn't like how he was so happy to then excuse the fact that no reads were actually appearing. I've found myself noticing his presence much more than normal too, without the usual glazing as a result, so I'm leaning scum here.

brainbomb - Less chaotic than normal, which is somewhat remiscent of the last game he played (and was scum).

Vecna - How Vecna has the fourth highest amount of posts I do not know, because I've never noticed him less in a game than this one.

kgray - Strong townread, just back to the normal vibes after the major difference last game

Durga - Another even stronger townread, not seeing her as scum here at all

BunnyGo - No opinion. Seems his usual self, which is never easy to read.

emc - Still got a very strong scumread on him, and the way he went out of his way to engage me about that but ignored everyone else who voted him (Chaqa & brain in particular) strikes me as a scum member who's concerned I might be able to lead a wagon on them tomorrow

Hamilton Brian - No opinion

Jamie - Leaning town, though I do think his limited posts thing would be an excellent method to hide behind as scum. I don't buy Bozo's 'case' on him at all.

Fluminator - Surprising amount of posts for a D1 Flum given his usual non-presence early on these days. No strong opinion though.

damo666 - Pretty solid townread, I'm getting much the same vibes as I have from damo when he got miskilled a few games ago, and I don't feel like he's going under the radar in the way he did last game.

teacon7 - Scumread, mostly because he was a very easy townread last game and he has been anything but this time around. Pretty hedgey in general and seems more concerned about what other people think than about anything he himself believes. I also distrust the 'peacemaker' persona because it's such an easy way to ingratiate yourself as scum.

Nephthys - Remarkably annoyed about ND being killed given their complete inability to explain why they suddenly found themselves townreading ND. The weird early buddying from emc being completely ignored by Neph is also concerning. Possible Scum.

Aarodactyl - Actually really hate the way he voted ND despite him being one of the only two townreads he'd given beforehand, and the way he tried to make an explanation of it but wasn't able to pinpoint anything that had changed since he gave said townread looks really bad. Scum.

rdrivera - Leaning town, but not sure why

No opinion on anyone else.

President Eden

#2465 Post by President Eden » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Night One has now ended. Please allow a few minutes for resolution of orders and results post. Thanks!

teacon7

#2466 Post by teacon7 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:00 pm

copypasta textwall for EoN1:

D1 was awful. I get the sense that a few players avoided it on purpose. That's attributable to toxicity and scheissposting, but it's more likely due to holyday parties and hangovers. Even after the joke phase, much of the day felt dominated by minutiae and discussions of tone. (This is why I liked the bozo argument re: bo_jamiet, because it's entirely based on meta and the odds. Barring slips, or hard evidence, that's all you really have to work with on d1. c'est la vie.)

I'm sad, but not surprised that we ended up eliminating ND. It doesn't look like it had much to do with thoughts on his alignment. His tone generated a lot of negative reactions, which is obnoxious for town that don't know him. It's also an easy place for scum to hide. In a vacuum of hard evidence, it seems like most people will vote based on character, whether or not it's a good idea.

VCA looks mostly unhelpful so far. I can't see the whole thing in the bot's history, but on reading through it looks like lot of 2-off wagons, that eventaully consolidated onto Maniac, ND, and me.

Maniac wagon:
brain started the vote on maniac to gather reactions, but didn't stay. Seems like standard brain info-gathering = NAI. celaph and rdr joined afterwards because they didn't like one idea from Maniac:
Maniac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:07 pm
I have this horrible feeling that ND and Durga rolled scum and their spat is for show. OR Durga has rolled scum and is playing on ND's unpopularity to get an easy D1 kill. She may be manipulating people here.
I agree with their response to Maniac, but using that as a justification for voting maniac is weak. Does she need their defense? Or did they need a reason to vote? ND must have townread me because he votes for maniac in self-defense. damo's vote for maniac looks super scummy.

ND wagon:
started by durga/kgray = NAI.
ghug is the oldest vote on him, he says he moved there for durga.
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:20 pm
Ok vote ND with me to end my suffering then
For you, anything.

##VOTE ND
That vote opportunistic, especially since ghug stayed anchored to that vote for the rest of d1. Does ghug normally anchor like that d1? idr. kgray, aarod, and jamie's votes seem consistent with the anti-ND-tone thesis. brain's vote isn't explained, but he ties it with 4 minutes to go. I can see scum or town motivations for that, but can't fathom why he'd do either at :04 instead of like 0:01. - why vote then? after a day of hedgy votes, HB looked a bit like newbie scum who realizes he should hop on a wagon for towncred.

Teacon wagon:
This is weird writing so bear with me if I mess up somehwere referring to myself. Not sure I'm gonna be able to separate out any OMGUS from this analysis, so call me on it if you see it.
Flum votes for me, but says he was still willing to policy ND. I guess voting a scumread is better than a policy daykill, but... did I miss where he thought I was scummier than ND? I don't recall a push from him, only shade. Bunny votes for me in response to ghug telling him to gett off of an unvote - no explanation. Balki/Chaqa/Vash all hopped in late and lazy. I've never been so tempted to policy daykill. HR probably put the most work into explaining my wagon... which boils down to sheeping flum and he doesn't like my tone.

other notables:
There's a string of votes on p109 that likely all x posted from one another. if I had more time, I'd look and try to figure out the rationale for what happened on that page. Jamie's vote was the first of those, and it also happens right after vash votes for me. I wonder if I looked like a flashwagon? I wasn't here, but on reread it does look like my wagon grew pretty fast.

Conclusion:
Maybe maniac is scum and saved, but I'm guesssing d1's elimination is largely the result of town not having strong alignment reads yet, disliking ND's tone, and being surprised by the speed that the teacon wagon arose. Question to ask yourself- did you get buddied d1?

READS:

Everyone should do reads lists. Don't list a bunch of nulls, since that's useless and takes up space. Make up your own format if you must, and explain your logic. Give what insights you have about player alignments. It means town can easily go back and listen to the last voices of dead players. They might or might not be right, but it's a great record of their thoughts, and helpful for getting out of tunnels. Having to do readslists also forces scum to commit to lies, and gives us a "papertrail" (pixeltrail?) to track sudden and suspicious shifts.

also: i have limited time now i've been trying to figure out the VCA all day. so here's where I am right now.

town
ND - just because he's dead doesn't mean we should ignore what he said.
teacon7 ofc

townlean
Vecna
worcej
brainbomb
aarodactyl - good faith newbie
Bonatogetherbozotheclown - good faith newbie

null
Hellenic Riot - too disengaged to tell
Fluminator
rdrivera2005
BunnyGo

net equivalent of null (some positive, some negative)
e.m.c^42 - i have faith in this guy
Durga - idfk how to read her. townlean because she's acting normal. scumlean if she's buddying people.
jamie - was a scumlean based on bozo's odds, now a net null because he's acting like town jamie.
kgray

scumlean
ghug
celaph
Nephthys
Maniac

scum
Hamilton Brian
damo666
Balki Bartokomous

who?
Yoyoyozo
VashtaNeurotic
Chaqa

this needs refinement, but here you go. gotta get this in before EoN.

President Eden

#2467 Post by President Eden » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 pm

A valiant hero of the revolution is out on their nightly stroll. Most nights in post-War America are far too dangerous to walk. The ancient street lights have been inert for roughly 200 years and are damaged far beyond repair. Raiders, mutants, and all manner of foul beast human or otherwise skulk the night, searching for their next meal. Worse, most nights, a foul, brown-colored haze—the remnants of dust and ash kicked about by the bombs 200 years before—blocks the view of the moon, the one source of light still flooding the nighttime streets of D.C.

But tonight, tonight is a good night; the haze is gone, and our hero remembered their trusty pistol.

A ghastly scream breaks the silence of the night. Our hero sprints to the scene. The scream dissipates to silence, punctured only by a lone gunshot. Our hero rounds the corner and sees teacon7 and rdrivera2005.

“C-Comrade!” teacon7 exclaims. “rdrivera, he—”

Our hero doesn’t buy it.

A second shot punctures the night. Then all was calm.

RDRIVERA2005 has DIED. He was a TOWNIE of the PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC.
TEACON7 has DIED. He was a GOON of the EDEN LOYALISTS.

DAY TWO has begun. You have 48 hours. All players may post in the main thread now.

Jamiet99uk

#2468 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 pm

On the one hand, RIP, Rdrivera.

On the other hand, WOO HOO, good shot, Vig!

Do we think this makes it immediately less likely that Maniac is scum, based on EoD1?

Fluminator

#2469 Post by Fluminator » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Lmao what does rdr do to get nightkilled every n1.

Beautiful shot mr. vig

Jamiet99uk

#2470 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Beautiful shot mr. vig
Nothing in particular about Rdrivera's play suggested to me that he was a PR, did it to you? Perhaps they saw something I didn't. Or.... perhaps there was another reason, any thoughts? I'll have to go back and check his reads and other posts.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2471 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Sick

Jamiet99uk

#2472 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:12 pm

I am surprised to see that Yoyo has not been subbed, so as promised:

##VOTE YOYOYOYO

All aboard.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2473 Post by Maniac » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Well played Mr Vig. And RIP Rdriveria

This gives us plenty to work on now

brainbomb

#2474 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:11 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Beautiful shot mr. vig
Nothing in particular about Rdrivera's play suggested to me that he was a PR, did it to you? Perhaps they saw something I didn't. Or.... perhaps there was another reason, any thoughts? I'll have to go back and check his reads and other posts.
his overwhelming desire to get rid of maniac. rivera was a low poster. they perhaps thought he was PR, or he was generally a good player they were wary of. I dont think anyone had him as scum either.

All that said, I was wrong to 180 my teacon read, and my EOD will now make me look like I was trying to save teacon which I was. But not for being his partner. In anycase good shot vig and keep it up, if you nab 2 we arent as dire late game

brainbomb

#2475 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:12 pm

##VOTE YOYOYOYO

All aboard.
48 hours of a yoyo wagon, how exciting do you imagine a day 2 like that to be?

Jamiet99uk

#2476 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm

A quick re-read of Rdrivera suggests his main scumreads were Hamilton Brian and Maniac. He townread Kgray and Worcej.

Jamiet99uk

#2477 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

##VOTE YOYOYOYO

All aboard.
You want to give him a free pass again?

brainbomb

#2478 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm

maniac being afraid of rivera sounds like something scum would just concoct to fuck maniac over

brainbomb

#2479 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

##VOTE YOYOYOYO

All aboard.
You want to give him a free pass again?
yea.
I like it when yoyo does nothing. It makes me feel good about myself

Jamiet99uk

#2480 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:11 pm
his overwhelming desire to get rid of maniac.

<snip>
You think Maniac was scum, and it was therefore Town vs Scum vs Scum at EoD?