M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#2421 Post by teacon7 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:58 pm

It might be too early in the game to be effective, but here's a reminder: everyone should do EoN reads lists, especially if you think you're a potential n1 target.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2422 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:00 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:58 pm
It might be too early in the game to be effective, but here's a reminder: everyone should do EoN reads lists, especially if you think you're a potential n1 target.
Let's kill teacon

Nephthys

#2423 Post by Nephthys » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Why did you kill ND lmao?

Probably wont have time to fully read through - any important things to see?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2424 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Do you not know why we killed ND?

Nephthys

#2425 Post by Nephthys » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:19 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:16 pm
Nephthys wrote:

He was blatantly town as I've said all game

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2426 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:19 pm
ghug wrote:
Nephthys wrote:

Best not to be smug about being right if you weren't here to do anything about it.

Nephthys

#2427 Post by Nephthys » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:21 pm
Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:

Best not to be smug about being right if you weren't here to do anything about it.
I would say frustrated captures my emotions better than smug, but sure

BunnyGo

#2428 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi all. Haven’t read anything since my last post. Between plumbing issues, landlord issues, and now some covid stuff in the family it’s been a fun 20 hours. If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours from now, assume I need a sub.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2429 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:46 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:40 pm
Hi all. Haven’t read anything since my last post. Between plumbing issues, landlord issues, and now some covid stuff in the family it’s been a fun 20 hours. If you don’t hear from me within 24 hours from now, assume I need a sub.
Oh no. Hope everything turns out ok.

Jamiet99uk

#2430 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:44 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:33 pm
I still don't really understand why people felt anything about teacon.
Thoughts on his vote for Jamie?
I can tell you I certainly wasn't a fan of it. It seemed very lazy, very opportunistic, just like Bozo's vote on me did. Could Teacon be scum with Bozo?
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:49 pm
@Jamie, why did you feel that jumping on ND was the best place to land?
I wanted a wagon on Bozo but nobody was willing to join it. I wanted to kill-a-lurker on Yoyo but nobody would listen to me on that one either despite the fact I was very vocal about it. So as EoD approached I seemingly had no choice but to join one of the three main wagons. The Maniac wagon looked very dodgy to me as I had said at the time. I'd previously said I would join the ND wagon. I considered the Teacon wagon but it had come out of nowhere in the final two hours and a lot of the momentum on it seemed to start with Bunny who I'm not sure I trust, while of the three available, ND felt like the town-driven wagon. ND was also pretty toxic and did little to defend himself.
Nephthys wrote:
ghug wrote:

"All game?" You talk as if we're several days into the game or something. It's Night One, and you disappeared during the latter part of D1. So when you say "As I've said all game" what you actually meant was "As I said a couple of times in the first half of D1", right?

Looking back, you were in fact very critical of ND on pages 28 (where he literally made you react with "YUCK" !), and 29. You then didn't mention him again until page 55 where you suddenly said "ND seems town". Jump to page 84 and you said you found other people town-reading ND "odd".

Why make out as if you were some kind of heroic defender of the pure white knight ND, when at best you declared him a townread a couple of times but weren't around to try to help him at EoD?
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 pm
The grace period for Yoyo and Vash is over. They need to start posting tomorrow.
You should have listened to me yesterday. If Yoyo is not subbed out, I want a wagon on him tomorrow and will happily start it. Will you join it? Your grumbling is all well and good but will you join a Yoyo wagon if he doesn't show the fuck up?

Jamiet99uk

#2431 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:10 pm

You see I really don't know about Teacon.

His vote on me was shit, but the wagon that formed on him seemed weird. Do we think there's definitely one scum between Teacon / Maniac? Perhaps my reaction to Teacon is OMGUS and Maniac was actually the scum that was saved?

I really don't know.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2433 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 pm

If there's a vig, I suggest they shoot Yoyo, Vash, Chaqa, Maniac, or teacon.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2434 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi Jamit

Jamiet99uk

#2435 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:13 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 pm
I actually think that's a pretty good list. Could we add Bozo to it?

Jamiet99uk

#2436 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Did Bozo ever explain why scum are more likely to respond to white text than town? I don't think he did.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2437 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:13 pm
ghug wrote:
I think there's a town motivation for a player who never posts a lot like bozo to just not bother meaningfully engaging until the game gets a little smaller, and everyone keeps telling me he's actually good as town now, so I'm willing to give him a pass for a day or two.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2438 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi bB

Jamiet99uk

#2439 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:13 pm
ghug wrote:
I think there's a town motivation for a player who never posts a lot like bozo to just not bother meaningfully engaging until the game gets a little smaller, and everyone keeps telling me he's actually good as town now, so I'm willing to give him a pass for a day or two.
You've been in the majority of games over the past year or so, haven't you? Why do you need to rely on other people to tell you what opinions you should hold about Bozo?

brainbomb

#2440 Post by brainbomb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Reads for EON
(The reads will start from lowest poster and work their way up to the top)

Yoyoyozo (2 posts)
On page 43 yoyo votes bozo
On page 100 yoyo says hi to ghug

brain read: Null
Notes: I have no idea if yoyo will manage to stay in this game. I dont know if he genuinely wanted to play, or if he saw all his friends playing and was urged to join as well. My advice is to evaluate whoever inevitably replaces him at some point.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vashtaneurotic (12 posts)

Page 21 he asks questions about why the game is so big, and if peterb is still active to collate votes.
Votes ND on page 101
And follows up by saying

“So this is a bit hypocritical since I've been afk like the entire game but what are we doing with like 7 wagons after 100 pages of posting on day 1? Like...really people?”

On page 103 he asks to be replaced in the game thread, and says if a sub is available to go ahead and sub him out.

Page 105 he votes teacon.

Brain read: null
Notes: I dont remember vash as scum. I dont remember much about vashs town meta either. All that being said, I sorta think he is town. I dont have any logical reason to trust him, nor is there any reason to assume that he will inspire anyone or carry the game. Vash, just like yoyo, feels like he joined out of peer pressure and isnt actually all that into the current culture of webdip mafia, its players, its posting habits *which are markedly different than 4 years ago when vash was in every game*.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chaqa (15 posts)
Chaqa posts relatively early into the game, on page 9. He votes EMC.
Says he has read his role but not the setup
Asks on page 39 how the game got so big

Page 59 is substantive, he says bunny would not harp about a topic unless bunny was town. He fails to quote what bunny was even saying, and it was this:

“Ok, how often are you on webdip? Are you in any games? Do you check in daily to see if anything has happened?”

Bunny was arguing that chaqa didnt specify when he had read his role PM.

Page 68 Chaqa returns

Morning. Caught up to the current page, still haven't read pages 2 through ~58ish, but I don't feel that's super necessary given how it's Day 1 and the votes would indicate nothing extraordinary has happened.

How was everyone's holiday?”

By the end of the phase chaqa has voted teacon, and has read he setup. He had an opinion about durga vs ND that it was predictable.

Brain read: Chaqa is town.
Notes: So little for me to say this but this seems to be pretty standard par for the course on Chaqa. He isnt going to care about day 1. He spent much of day one playing among us, and was seeing doing so online by other players. This is of course OGI and would only really make chaqa look like an ass, if not scum. To me it shows the side of chaqa that there is no reason to give a damn early game and to save energy for when more people need his opinion. None of these are great reasons to town read him. So I expect a shitload of flak for this read.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bosox was omitted, and Jamie will be Analyzed instead.

(I can analyze bo upon request if still alive but it seems rather unnecessary)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bozotheclown (17 posts)
Bozo does a weird foreign language thing
Bozo says it was to mess with who would notice the text color change
Votes jamie
Questions vecna
On page 81 points out “Anyone reading that post in the thread in dark mode likely did not notice anything different about the text color.”
On page 91 says
“Scum are more likely to point out that using dark mode is NAI.”
On page 93, points out that Jamie could have scumslipped, but doesnt necessarily attribute this as the reason for his vote.

Page 97, bozo argues with durga that he has only posted 13 times but is being told to shut up. This is not really what durga meant as far as I can tell but it did seem like a strong reply from him.

Bozo’s strong posts are not all that easy to find.
“I disagreed with ghug’s response, but it is unlikely ghug would defend a scum teammate that way.”
-defense of celaph
-accustion of Jamie based on the notion that scum bo would sub out
-further concern of jamie over a possible scumslip

Brain read: Bozo is scum
Notes: This seems very watered down for bozo. There is so much left undone. I went into this reread thinking bozo was town. I have fully flipped my read now. This looks more like scum who is a bit lazy. I dont detect a desire to win the game, or a desire to catch anyone. His desire instead seems limited, and to play based on OGI or random details like who subbed out and why they maybe subbed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aarodactyl (17 posts)

Starts page 10 with his own cocktail of shitposting.
“I was trying to read through all of the shitposting, but got bored and decided to take a nap instead.

Also, this is probably a silly question, but what does it mean if my role was listed as "definitely mafia"? If it helps, the message also says "don't tell anyone else that you're mafia. that would probably ruin the game".”

He votes flum after flum mentions him as a person to kill among the 3 newbies.
Bunny and Aaro connect in some manner and have some sort of vague personal history
Pledges to change up playstyle after Day 1 and N1, on page 12.
Discusses reading past games
Unvotes Fluminator
Page 48 says that voting out new players is a decent strategy.
Describes ND as a wagon that could be scum driven to have an excuse

K gray asks why he would eliminate new people
“Since they’re probably the hardest to read and will make the worst reads. So all in all, not great for town”

P97 he joins the ND wagon

My reason behind this is that the initial fighting seemed like a way to clog up discussion. And everything after that has seemed like a way to get attention off themselves. Also I’d be lying if I didn’t say that their posts have also been too abrasive for me, so I won’t be too sad if I’m wrong with the read.”

P109 is his last entry.

Brain read: Null
Notes: Not much to go off of here but there is a vote, a change of mind, a thought process, interaction with others, id say im leaning town but that depends on if this slot lives up to the promise it made on page 12.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Celaph (22 posts)
Says bunny sharing the peterborough looks useful
Acknowledges aaro’s weird scum confession and says he got the same message
On page 28 advises bona to just play their game and not worry
Page 28 says he cant distinguish scum from shitposter yet
Page 30 concludes ND is antagonist town
Page 48 asks vecna why he would retract a bb townread
Page 48:
“Usually I rely on process of elimination for scum reads though for many reasons I think that works better in blood on the clocktower than it will here. With that in mind, I'll try to make a more conscious attempts to actively hunt players.”

Page 60 asks bunny if he scumreads chaqa
Pages 60-100 involve a number of defensive posts where he seems a bit off
By page 109 he justifies that Maniacs votes have been questionable.

Brain read: scum
Notes: Celaph is mildly defensive scum. His play has been lurky, and laden with too much info about a variety of things. Knowing bb is brainbomb, knowing the history between durga and ND, knowing that its just too hard to find scum in all the shitposting, and the promise on page 48 that he will make a more conscious effort to ACTIVELY HUNT players.
In absolutely no way is anything celaph did on day 1, resembling some form of effort or hunting.

“Maniac had a particularly bad vote on Durga and Teacon had a similarly bad vote on Jamie.”
This post needs to be questioned. I highly suspect that celpah is scum, and this post in particular may be townclearing for maniac, durga, -- although possibly not teacon or jamie. It remains to be seen. Before rereading jamie I do think he is town, and I also think teacon is town. We will see if I still feel that way later in my post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rdrivera (23 posts)
Entry on pages 31. 32 looks okay. Interacts, seems to be his usual self enjoying the finer things, talking about wine.
Page 34: “I have been referenced in the same sentence as Xorxes and Tom Bomb. I think I can now retire as I won't get any higher.

By the way, I think Worcej is town and not as annoying, so I suspect Ghug a bit. And Bo sucks.”

Page 42 and 46 are more pleasantries, and mentions the situation in his country not being great.
Speculates that Day 1 sometimes gives good info but might not because of game size
-replies to me on p49
“Vash posted nothing significant so I can't see why you are talking about him.
If we want to policy ----- a lurker, Yoyo is a far better choice.”

Makes the distinction that yoyo is a better kill than vash.

Page 51 talks to me about ND wagon

Page 64
“Yes, I still think Worcej is likely town. Maybe a 3.

Like I said to bb, there is no reason to scum read Vash over 2 posts other then um being lurking. But I think it's better you ask ND.

I would love to discuss Brazilian politics, but this isn't probably the appropriate place. Rainforest preservation is a big issue with our current lunatic government that denies global warming and climate changes and are bound to big agricultural lobbyists.”

Page 64 remarks that yoyozo will get removed from the game

Pages 65 and 66 he genuinely interacts to ask people why they feel the way they do.

P91 he agrees too vote for maniac. “I can't work and catch up the game at same time. And I need to work.

I just read last page and disliked Maniac vote a lot. I will eat my shoes if Durga and ND are both scum and faking it. Seems more likely a scum who want to get both to be wagons.

##vote Maniac”

Argues with vecna page 93
“Are you saying you really believe Durga and ND agreed to fake this as scum?
I am not saying both are town.”

P108 accuses me of PR hunting
Page 110 : “I didn't say you want to out a PR, but you just said you think Bunny is a PR.”

Brain read: town
Notes: The fact rivera got annoyed, or concerned with things I did during day 1 shows me that he is town. Especially the PR talking points where he seemed to think I crossed a line. I am not overly wowed by rivera day 1 but I believe him when he says he was playing catchup and just never got into a groove.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maniac (24 posts)
Page 36 is very lighthearted fun, followed by an anchor vote and a pledge that he doesnt have time to be in a game with me.
He pokes fun at bona’s name,
Votes for Bona
Votes for Teacon
Says he doesnt find bunny informative or funny
Votes ND calls him poor mans krellin
Page 50 : “Shout out to Vash, Balki and Yoyo - been a long time people. Hope none of you get killed too early.”
Offers to switch to ghug
Switches to durga ends day on durga

Brain read: town
After rereading this, I see Maniac is mostly just clowning around early. He isnt trying to be respected and he isnt really trying hard at all. There is enough things happening here that he is town. He is putting votes down, he is mocking people and still being a daffy duck. He has personality and is still flaunting his own existence. I dont think scum maniac would be so bold, or do the things he did. He would be more into mischief and role hunting. He woould be much more focused on harming town, which he doesn't actually do here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonatogether ( 24 posts)
Jokes around pages 5-8
Page 9 produces a scumread
“Not Hellenic or Bunny - I'd guess emc or Durga, although I'm not confident in those”

Votes flum says it is a meme vote
Page 25, it gets weird
“Bruh you think we have legit reads that are anywhere near accurate?”
Page 27 interacts with ghug and ND, says he has played some town of salem.

Page 27 says he should read some finished games but says he doesnt have time
P44 “I fully agree that ND has done nothing productive. He's pumping out pages of crud that help no one but scum.“

Page 61, bona becomes a new man. Or woman. Im not sure.
“I lowkey town read bunny, just off of general nice vibes, talking with celaph, and posting the game guide; ND, for trying to figure things out, even if he comes off as abrasive; teacon, almost entirely based off of post 941; and ghug/brainbomb, for asking about noobs' experience.

I think somethings up with Nep, although the fact that 3 people went after them within 2 minutes weirds me out (posts 111-113). Their explanation didn't sit right with me, but it's too early to call scum or just trying to screw with people.

Jamie's self imposed low posting also doesn't seem right to me - wouldn't it be better to get your thoughts out more? I call this soft scum, since it looks like he's trying to fly under the radar here.

Aarodaytal seems to be eager to get himself proven town, although I'd put that down to being new.

Celaph is trying to avoid pissing anyone off imo, but I think he's solid.

Everyone's sus of kgray seems to be off of meta knowledge, so I have no comment.

Yoyo, bozo, and Chaqa done jack after 2 days, although I would put this as slightly town, cause mafia are the ones who need to prove their non-scumminess, and they need a solid track record to come out on top against actual townies.”

Brain read: Town
Notes: Bona builds up opinions, talks, interacts, and by page 61 offers a substantive look at a smattering of players. His opinions seem to borrow a bit from other people but not enough to be parroting. His reasons for celaph being town could easily be reasons cel is scum however. Implying everyone is sus of kgray seems to be an exaggeration. Its weird that bona lists bozo, yoyo, and chaqa ask doing jack but seems to not even be bothered by vash. His aaro read looks a little confusing as well. As if aaro is eager to be seen as town in a proven way. Like what exactly can aaro do here to prove he is town what does that even mean?

Counterpoint is that bona could be scum because the post on p61 is completely a style change that looks and feels really out of nowhere. I wanna say this is a natural effort to compile thoughts from throughout the phase, but it could be more.

Overall I am not all that troubled by the effort here. If I die, someone please ask him why vash isnt mentioned but yoyo, bozo, and chaqa are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This concludes part 1 of 3.
I have to go help my wife with putting out more christmas decor now.
I do hope to finish these reads on time but if I do not, assume that my townreads remain mostly unchanged from day 1. I still think ghug, durga, vecna, and kgray are town. I still think bunny is town. I still townread fluminator as well even though ive waivered a bit on that.