M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1541 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:40 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:31 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Well you are either scum or incredibly lazy town.

Either way ##vote Durga
Do you really think that not knowing the number of scum on Day 1 in a game this size means you are “incredibly lazy town,” if town?

I am town. I did not recall how many scum there were or whether the opening post mentioned how many scum there were. How about you?
It's in the opening set up message IN CAPITALS. I remember it from when I read it. It is after all a fundamental piece of game information.
@Balki - this is my opinion too. For people to not at least know the team compositions on D1 is very concerning.

Vecna

#1542 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Vecna wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Why do you find that “sus”? What should I be focused on? Do you think my posts are most likely to come from scum? Explain why.

I am not sheeping here. I liked the point that Flum made. I expanded on it. I’m not basing my vote on my confidence in Flum. I am voting my conscience.
Given how I am sort of defending HB, and I made a bunch of similar posts all over page 6-8, how come im not receiving this same level of scrutiny?
Are you talking to me here, Vecna?
to both you and flum ye

Jamiet99uk

#1543 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm

I know it's already been mentioned, but please can people not use "BB" as a shorthand in this game when both BrainBomb and BalkiBartokomous are in the game? It can be confusing to people. Is "Brain" so hard to type? Anyway, everyone knows Brainbomb's correct nickname is "Beancomb" so that gets shortened to "Bc". Meanwhile Chaqa is "Camaro Dude" and ND is Captain Trumpatio Bigly, or "Froggo" for short.
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:27 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am
Getting really good vibes from Neph. Can't wait for our date 😍
This probably means he is scum
Probably means who is scum? Ghug or Neph?
Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:12 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:20 am
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am

In 63 pages of shitposting, I have a hard time believing any townie spent more than 2 seconds deciding Bozo's weird post wasn't worth the time.
I like this point.

@Hamilton Brian — what exactly did you do with the half of your day that you describe here? Plug things into Google Translate? Print out Bozo’s post and drive it over to the local cryptography club meeting?

We’re you exaggerating in your post? Why?
For someone taking most arguments quite literal, I wouldve thought you might have deconstructed this comment as hard as Kgray's argument - and concluded that that post was made on page 6.

Most reactions to it were done quite a bit earlier than the timemark of 63 pages.
Surely that is the point that Flum and Balki were making. Why was Hamilton, on page 63, talking about the amount of time he had spent analysing a silly post from Bozo on page 3? I see that Hamilton has now replied to this, but Vecna making a scene about not understanding these posts is a bit weird.
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:52 pm
ND has a complex wherein he sees himself as a Conservative Intellectual. He is a College Professor with several Masters degrees. His playstyle as town was famous for very long over analytical thesis reports that ate up monstrous page space.

ND was always very opinionated. He has a sense of pride but not a sense of belonging. In his feelings of being an outsider he is in some ways, a Donald Trump. He finds the society of mafia players to be a stagnant group of sycophants who coddle one another. ND has at times lashed out when he feels that his style of play is pointless. ND has a very me vs the world mindset.

As scum ND may try to replicate his townplay. He also gets bussed almost religously by his own team who finds him unhelpful and toxic. Scum is willing to get rid of their own guy if he comes into a maf chat hurling insults and marring the game for them.

ND so far has not played a town game. His efforts to act offended and disenfranchised came from nowhere with no impetus.

##Vote ND
An excellent analysis from Brainbomb who, unlike some of the newer players in this game, remembers playing many games with ND, as do I. I have always found ND hard to read but I think Brainbomb might have it right here.
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:14 pm
Hey Jamie, when you get a moment I asked you a question about ND. he was implying bosox bloviates and I wondered if you think your predecessor was bloviating in the game.
I am not familiar with the word "bloviate" so I had to look it up. Wikipedia defines it thus: "Bloviation is a style of empty, pompous, political speech which originated in Ohio."

This is very interesting since I accused Bozotheclown of being from Ohio earlier, when in fact I am not sure which part of the great stinking morass called America it is that Bozo actually crawled out from. Anyway, I think Bo_Sox is from Chicago, isn't he? In any case, to get to the point, I don't think Bo_Sox's early posts before I replaced him were exactly pompous, no. They struck me as irritable and a little spiky, which Bo_Sox often is. The one thing I notice is that Bo accused BunnyGo of being scum in his very first post, and when BunnyGo saw that Bo_Sox had been replaced by me, his first act was to try to trap me in some kind of Role PM text prediction net which I have already rebutted - but it does make me wonder if scum!Bunny had already decided to try to target Bo_Sox as a mis-daykill, and then he kept this focus on me once I subbed into the same slot. I dunno.
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm
##GM NOTE
Vote Count 62.4

<snip>
No one is hammering
<snip>
##CALL GM I thought hammering was not a feature in this game??

I'm at page 67 now and trying to catch up faster than you freaks are posting.

Vashta and Yoyo need to participate in the game.

worcej

#1544 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:42 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:41 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm
ND, literally fuck off and get my name out of your mouth. You came in and did nothing but call me trash at every moment, replied to all my posts with negative things to say, replied to EVERYONE ELSE'S posts with negative things about me, all the while I NEVER MENTIONED YOU let alone insulted you. And then when I decided I didn't want to play with someone who I *know* will attack me all game and then claim to be the victim, you cry as if you're the victim.

Youre straight up pathetic. So yeah. My vote is gonna be on you. Deal with it.
I anticipated this response.
hardly makes you psychic!
It might make me good enough to work at a circus though!

worcej

#1545 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm

Bb is brain, balki is balki

Durga

#1546 Post by Durga » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:58 pm
I've said my peace about Durga many times. I am not going to keep repeating myself. She can keep trying to draw me into something. I'll pass :)

But, at least she is reading the game or I think she might be. That's a good sign. Maybe a low quality person will improve some and at the end of the day that's all I want. Just read the game, read players, engage. That's what everyone should want.

As for the rest of her post it is pretty pathetic. It doesn't even warrant a response.
This is really bold coming from someone who literally has no reads other than VashtaNeurotic?

teacon7

#1547 Post by teacon7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:49 pm
I'm actually done. I'm not gonna just let me insult me every post with no repercussions. If he wants to get toxic then let's get toxic.
please let's not get toxic.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1548 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 am

To your first point, why else would you be asking about it?

If your second point is that I'm being a little presumptive in assuming that others know what BB means then you may be right that I should switch to Brain for clarity.
My second point was because when you cut out your post from my reply, I misremembered the context and assumed it was Vecna who'd said BB and you interpreted that as brain.

But now this is even weirder to me that you used BB as shorthand for brain when I haven't seen people do that much...
I always reference Brainbomb as BB and I think most vet people also do it.
celaph isn't a vet though. When he posted that, brain had referred to himself as "bb" and worcej had called brain "BB," but it wasn't a recurring thing in this thread. Seems like a quick jump for a new player to start using that shorthand when it's not been used widely in the game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1549 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:31 pm
Everyone and their mother has a secret scum Durga tell they won't reveal.
My mother says hers is when you're mean to me.

Vecna

#1550 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:47 pm
ND wrote:
I mean it's true she is incredibly lazy. The vote is definitely valid. Personally I still think she is NAI and we can't really tell unless her play continues down the line. As I mentioned in my longer post. If she keeps voting for people because of "popularity, not reading the game, etc" but now is just as valid as a time as ever to vote her off if you feel strongly about it.
If you wanna keep coming for me then alright let's fucking do this I have no desire to sit back and let you say whatever garbage you come up with. I'm no Saint that's just gonna ignore you while you're allowed to insult me as much as you want. You talk about me not reading the game but your inherent inability to engage in any topic that isn't me ghug or vash is a lot more of a tell on that front. You can't even come up with town reads in a game that has quite a few people being incredibly towny. You don't know what you're doing, you don't know how to read people, you have talking points on like 3 people that you constantly repeat and you call it scum hunting. Heck, you have an insane bias against me and you can't even come up with a scum read for me. You might actually be scum here, for your sake I hope you are because if this is your town game... Yikes.

You call me lazy and yet I've contribed far more in substance than you, and even if I've contributed nothing it's more because literally all you do is drag down this game and this thread. Your insane Trumpism is off putting to anyone in this game with half a mind.
Call me a sensationalist, but I am disappoint

worcej

#1551 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Durga wrote:
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:41 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm
ND, literally fuck off and get my name out of your mouth. You came in and did nothing but call me trash at every moment, replied to all my posts with negative things to say, replied to EVERYONE ELSE'S posts with negative things about me, all the while I NEVER MENTIONED YOU let alone insulted you. And then when I decided I didn't want to play with someone who I *know* will attack me all game and then claim to be the victim, you cry as if you're the victim.

Youre straight up pathetic. So yeah. My vote is gonna be on you. Deal with it.
I anticipated this response.
I'm actually done. I'm not gonna just let me insult me every post with no repercussions. If he wants to get toxic then let's get toxic.
I like toxic you FWIW

President Eden

#1552 Post by President Eden » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:07 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:07 pm
##GM NOTE
Vote Count 62.4

<snip>
No one is hammering
<snip>
##CALL GM I thought hammering was not a feature in this game??
It's not. Hence, no one is hammering, as y'all can't hammer. ;)

Old man darg had an old man moment doing the vc. To further clarify, there is no hammer mechanic in this game.

Jamiet99uk

#1553 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:11 pm

4. I cannot catch up properly with the speed the thread is moving at, this is mad. There are like 5 posts every 60 seconds. You should all follow my lead and limit your posts - it would actually make the game readable.

I am therefore going to skip pages 68 to this one, for now, and try to join the present discussion. If I missed any questions directed at me, please fire them at me again now.

Fluminator

#1554 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:11 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Vecna wrote:

Given how I am sort of defending HB, and I made a bunch of similar posts all over page 6-8, how come im not receiving this same level of scrutiny?
Are you talking to me here, Vecna?
to both you and flum ye
I didn't notice you lol, I don't usually worry about your alignment day 1

Vecna

#1555 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 pm

damo666 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:45 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 pm

BB is Balki
bb is brainbomb
Thinking this is sensible is why people find you confusing.
Did you notice the ironic post rom Vecna about 3 posts later where he refers to brain as bb?
Try finding posts where people refer to balki as BB

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1556 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Excellent.

As someone who is always full of thoughts about emc, what do you think about him this game, Jamie?

worcej

#1557 Post by worcej » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:01 pm
In that case worcej, what do you think about emc?
Low effort but enough engagement from D1 to warrant a continuation of his presence.

Also - HE VOTED BEFORE THE END OF DAY!!!

Fluminator

#1558 Post by Fluminator » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:13 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Durga wrote:
please let's not get toxic.
Srsly teacon?

teacon7

#1559 Post by teacon7 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:14 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 pm
teacon7 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:47 pm
@Damo -

What do you think of HB's statement about how long he spent pondering bozo's lojban?
I don't know why you are asking me particularly but obviously I assumed he was exagerrating but I did sympathise because bozo's post was bugging me (I spent about 2 minutes on it before giving up).

I don't think it is especially significant. Do you?

Why did you jump on the durga not-knowing how many scum there were, but didn't notice / mention the HB thing? Balki et al were talking about that too.

Both seem fairly insignificant to me. Why jump on one and not another?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1560 Post by ghug » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:48 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm
@Durga

do you see anything of merit in what ND is arguing?
What part?
Any of his long post there.

I see it as a left turn from how he had been playing. It seems eerily like trying to fit the mould of what hes known for as opposed to just being obnoxious because hes mad
What do you make of the fact that the long post isn't drawing any conclusions about anyone else, just defending himself? (Yes, I read it)