MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#121 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:47 am

Ghug is scum.

Ive never beaten him when hes scum because he pits himself off my radar by saying nothing to me. Hes pulled it off the last 3 or 4 times and ive townread him for it.

If demon is scum its with ghug
If eden is scum its with ghug

All paths lead to ghug. So lets lynch him.

Durga

#122 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 am

See the thing is here I read the All Star game and PE was constantly wrong and town in that, so I'm less inclined to be like "wow that reasoning was so shitty he's got to be scum" because like, his reasoning is just shitty as town anyway. So maybe I am wrong on this one. He did seem more confident in that, but maybe it had to do with his PR role. Also given his utter failure in reads he might have given up that confidence.

Anyway, I want to revisit Bozo. Who played in the last game and knows what he was like? Because this is some flip floppy, weird ass reasoning shit, it's reactionary and bizarre.

President Eden

#123 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 am
bb, you said earlier that the mafia profile this game would probably involve early activity to look helpful. Durga's vote is still on you, after she's said she doesn't want to kill you. She's asked decent questions about Ezio and bozo but hasn't followed up on either of them with pressure. This fits your theorized profile to a T imo.
Ok.
But do you think shes trying to narrow the field and put down reads to appease people? Or to work through a POE?
I don't think she's meaningfully working through a POE (and invite her to show her work if she is). Not nearly enough strong townreads given for that.
There's some halfway work toward narrowing down reasonable lynches - she's brought up Ezio and bozo with decent arguments (Ezio being jumpy, bozo's voting being erratic) but without enough substance to determine alignment. I bet if we put a gun to her head she won't even call either of them scum.
If she's mafia and not with you or ghug, then I'm sure you two are her top priority. It would make a lot of sense for her, as mafia, to park an early vote on you after I did and hope inertia or goofy townies led to a mislynch, then N1 ghug and have the two top threats out of the way from the jump. Playing nice with Pouncey is an obviously good strategy since she's new and may not want to pounce on someone who's been helpful and TRing her.

I'm worried that that explanation is "confirmation bias: the post" but it makes sense to me.

President Eden

#124 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:54 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 am
See the thing is here I read the All Star game and PE was constantly wrong and town in that, so I'm less inclined to be like "wow that reasoning was so shitty he's got to be scum" because like, his reasoning is just shitty as town anyway. So maybe I am wrong on this one. He did seem more confident in that, but maybe it had to do with his PR role. Also given his utter failure in reads he might have given up that confidence.

Anyway, I want to revisit Bozo. Who played in the last game and knows what he was like? Because this is some flip floppy, weird ass reasoning shit, it's reactionary and bizarre.
Instead of attacking my poor play from a game nearly three years ago to dismiss me, why don't you explain how my arguments are "shitty"?

Durga

#125 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 am

Boy you really haven't played with me have you, I don't tend to waste my time on shitty arguments. If you have a real case I'd address it, but not liking the way I interpreted ghug and Pouncy's difference in reaction is a bizarre reason to scum read me. In all honestly, I have no idea why you're subtly defending ghug via attacking me

President Eden

#126 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 am
Boy you really haven't played with me have you, I don't tend to waste my time on shitty arguments. If you have a real case I'd address it, but not liking the way I interpreted ghug and Pouncy's difference in reaction is a bizarre reason to scum read me. In all honestly, I have no idea why you're subtly defending ghug via attacking me
Why are you still voting for brainbomb when you don't want to lynch him? Why aren't you voting for bozo or Ezio after making lynch-worthy observations about both of them?

I'm not "subtly defending" anybody. I openly stated I liked ghug's reaction to your nonsensical comment that he had "given town vibes which tbh makes him scum" after he made a couple of irrelevant posts. I also openly stated your argument for him being angry and defensive in reacting to you makes no sense. There's no subtlety here, I think all of your comments about ghug's alignment have been terrible.

Durga

#127 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 am

I'm sorry, does my vote matter at this stage? Does it matter if it's on brainbomb or an unvote? I'll move my vote when I see it fit to do so, and to cast it on someone else. I'm not sure why it bothers you so much.

brainbomb

#128 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 am

Why do you townread ghug?

President Eden

#129 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 am
I'm sorry, does my vote matter at this stage? Does it matter if it's on brainbomb or an unvote? I'll move my vote when I see it fit to do so, and to cast it on someone else. I'm not sure why it bothers you so much.
Votes are pressure. It's the only thing that matters in the end. You are voting for my townread even though you don't want to kill him and it has him in the lead for the lynch right now as a result. Yes, it matters. Put it on your scumread.

Durga

#130 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:11 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 am
Durga wrote:
Votes are pressure. It's the only thing that matters in the end. You are voting for my townread even though you don't want to kill him and it has him in the lead for the lynch right now as a result. Yes, it matters. Put it on your scumread.
Naw, keep getting triggered buddy. I'll change it when I want to.

Also, PE liking ghug's weird fake!useful throwaway valueless statement is soooo gross.

brainbomb

#131 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 am
Durga wrote:
Eden is right here.

Being frozen on someone shows you dont want a voting record. Its hedging yourself against your flip.

Eden is wrong on ghug but his arguments on durga are right.

##Vote Durga

Durga

#132 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 am

Yes, because that's what I'm scared of, a voting record. Kek

brainbomb

#133 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 am
Yes, because that's what I'm scared of, a voting record. Kek
I think you could be telling the truth here.

brainbomb

#134 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 am

That many a true word hath been spoke in jest.

Durga

#135 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:21 am

You can't be looking at the game so simply, because those actions are really easy for a scum to mask. It's super easy to vote at the right time, and remove your vote at the right time (harder near EOD when you're trapped - but easier with only one other scum buddy). Try to think about why I didn't remove my vote off brainbomb, is it sensible to not want to leaving a "voting record" on like the first day of the game? Is this a fear I would realistically have as scum? Have you considered that I don't know where I should put it? Sure I can unvote, but it is a waste of an action/something I didn't consider? I encourage you to think about why people would do certain things before deeming those actions scummy. If I stay on brainbomb till the end and then join a major wagon, there may be a case on being static. But given we haven't even had everyone comment on the game, the argument is weaker.

Durga

#136 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:26 am

People need to talk more

brainbomb

#137 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:33 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:21 am
You can't be looking at the game so simply, because those actions are really easy for a scum to mask. It's super easy to vote at the right time, and remove your vote at the right time (harder near EOD when you're trapped - but easier with only one other scum buddy). Try to think about why I didn't remove my vote off brainbomb, is it sensible to not want to leaving a "voting record" on like the first day of the game? Is this a fear I would realistically have as scum? Have you considered that I don't know where I should put it? Sure I can unvote, but it is a waste of an action/something I didn't consider? I encourage you to think about why people would do certain things before deeming those actions scummy. If I stay on brainbomb till the end and then join a major wagon, there may be a case on being static. But given we haven't even had everyone comment on the game, the argument is weaker.
Translation: I just dont know who scum is yet.

Y / N

President Eden

#138 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:34 am

Instead of asking me to consider the possibility of you not thinking to move the vote, or not knowing where to move it, why didn't you just tell me that's the reason you didn't move it?

I don't understand how your attitude here is supposed to be conducive to cooperating to find mafia. Instead it's needlessly divisive and combative. I called attention to some actions of yours I didn't like, and your response was to:
(1) bring up an irrelevant game from almost 3 years ago to try to discredit my ability
(2) calling my concerns "shitty arguments" and not addressing them
(3) expecting me to have read your mind and realized you didn't actually know what you wanted to do with your vote.
In all three of these responses, my concerns have not been addressed, and you have used rhetoric to try to blame or discredit me instead of addressing them. This is not town behavior.

If I were mafia and trying to cause as much unnecessary discord and bog down the thread with useless bickering, I couldn't have crafted a better strategy than your approach to this game. If you're town, why are you being such an ass?

And regardless of whether you're town or not, why aren't you voting your scumread?

brainbomb

#139 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 am

Throws a 24 D6 Delayed Blast Fireball at Durgo.
84 points of damage durrrga
Duuuuuuuuurgaaaaaaaaa

Durga

#140 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 am

Actually Eden, the implication of my previous statements directed towards you - namely the one about you being this bad in All Stars - means that I'm not so sure I scum read you anymore. I think you're pushing me because you're bad, not because you're scum.