MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Post Reply
Message
Author
brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#101 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 am

If I finish this phase with under 100 posts im scum.

Welp time to lurk. Peace out

President Eden
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7404

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#102 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 am

I have this gut read that Durga is scum that I don't know what to do with, because I did like her questions to Ezio and bozo, but I don't feel like she's done enough with them to read her town

ghug had a callout of Durga's posting about vibes that made me TR him

Ezio and bozo's votes/reactions have been weird

Thane and Pouncy are in Literally Whoville right now which isn't good

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#103 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 am
I have this gut read that Durga is scum that I don't know what to do with, because I did like her questions to Ezio and bozo, but I don't feel like she's done enough with them to read her town

ghug had a callout of Durga's posting about vibes that made me TR him

Ezio and bozo's votes/reactions have been weird

Thane and Pouncy are in Literally Whoville right now which isn't good
Its only a bad thing because theyre inactive town.

Scum had a pregame chat. I really doubt the plan wouldve been to both lurk. Odds are thane forgot it started. Kitten probably doesnt know what to make of us so far.

Pregame plan was probably to post early and find some way to look helpful. Thats what Id do as scum.

President Eden
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7404

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#104 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:25 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 am
I have this gut read that Durga is scum that I don't know what to do with, because I did like her questions to Ezio and bozo, but I don't feel like she's done enough with them to read her town

ghug had a callout of Durga's posting about vibes that made me TR him

Ezio and bozo's votes/reactions have been weird

Thane and Pouncy are in Literally Whoville right now which isn't good
Its only a bad thing because theyre inactive town.

Scum had a pregame chat. I really doubt the plan wouldve been to both lurk. Odds are thane forgot it started. Kitten probably doesnt know what to make of us so far.

Pregame plan was probably to post early and find some way to look helpful. Thats what Id do as scum.
That mostly makes sense, but Thane could have forgotten the game started as town or as scum. And if he had forgotten as scum, then the mafia would essentially not have had a pregame chat.

This tells me that if the mafia employed the strategy you're suggesting, then Thane is almost certainly town, and if Thane is scum, the other person could be doing literally anything. But I don't actually know what to do with that because we don't currently know if the mafia did employ that without any flip info. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Durga, do you still want to kill brainbomb? Why or why not?

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#105 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 am
I have this gut read that Durga is scum that I don't know what to do with, because I did like her questions to Ezio and bozo, but I don't feel like she's done enough with them to read her town

ghug had a callout of Durga's posting about vibes that made me TR him

Ezio and bozo's votes/reactions have been weird

Thane and Pouncy are in Literally Whoville right now which isn't good
This is gross, also no, what the heck was townie about that, and Pouncy did it first in a way townier way. PE-ghug?
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:25 am
Durga, do you still want to kill brainbomb? Why or why not?
No, he's doing much better now. Idk why he said all that stuff about lurking. I'll kill him if he chooses to lurk.

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#106 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 am

I say we lynch ghug first. Edens rusty. These could be real thoughts

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#107 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:47 am

He hasnt played since M1 in 1975 or whenever that was. Chaqa probably had just started growing his mullet and working on his camaro back then.

President Eden
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7404

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#108 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:52 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:45 am
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 am
I have this gut read that Durga is scum that I don't know what to do with, because I did like her questions to Ezio and bozo, but I don't feel like she's done enough with them to read her town

ghug had a callout of Durga's posting about vibes that made me TR him

Ezio and bozo's votes/reactions have been weird

Thane and Pouncy are in Literally Whoville right now which isn't good
This is gross, also no, what the heck was townie about that, and Pouncy did it first in a way townier way. PE-ghug?
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:25 am
Durga, do you still want to kill brainbomb? Why or why not?
No, he's doing much better now. Idk why he said all that stuff about lurking. I'll kill him if he chooses to lurk.
Do you and brainbomb normally have this much trouble being on the same wavelength in mafia?
Your reaction to him talking about lurking is all off, like you think you have to react to it when you don't.

Also, Pouncy said (s)he was invited to play here by someone. Was that someone you? Because I don't see what you mean about Pouncy's reaction being "way townier" than ghug's here.

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#109 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 am

Pouncy was invited by Tom Bombadil. They said that.

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#110 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:01 am

Pouncy is she, Tom's gf if I'm not wrong

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#111 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:02 am

Oh cool.

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#112 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:07 am

Also Pouncy was all like "yeah sure, but why do you think that?" whereas ghug was like "OMG THIS IS YOU SOUNDING FAKE". very different reactions, why does ghug get so angry about giving me town vibes?

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#113 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Shouldn't you be frustrated by this lack of activity brainbomb? =/
Were you?

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#114 Post by Durga » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Shouldn't you be frustrated by this lack of activity brainbomb? =/
Were you?
Duh

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#115 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 am

Durga wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:27 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Shouldn't you be frustrated by this lack of activity brainbomb? =/
Were you?
Duh
You know you dont need me to stir the pot right?

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#116 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 am

If theres ever something you want.
Just go get it.
Go make it. Dont wait for someone to do it for you.

Like for instance I wanna learn how to become an ice dancing judge. What a strange job thatd be

President Eden
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7404

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#117 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:36 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:59 am
Pouncy was invited by Tom Bombadil. They said that.
It was in the post I already read... embarrassing.

I asked because I didn't see the difference Durga is claiming between their reactions to be significant. For reference...
ghug wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:00 am
Durga wrote: Also I'm getting town vibes from Pouncy and ghug. Which probably means ghug is scum tbh
What the fuck could I have possible done at this point to warrant even a vibe?
Pouncy Silverkitten wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:37 pm
bozo - I know Tom Bombadil. He recommended I play.

I haven’t played dip before really, so I’m new to that too.


DUrga - how am I giving out town vibes, I’ve hardly played! I mean, you are right but I’d like to know how you came to that conclusion!
Of course the tone is different, but that doesn't mean anything to me. ghug has played a while and tends to be blunt and laconic. Pouncy is new, so I can't speak to her personality, but what we have seen makes her seem cordial and sweet. Both reactions are "in-character" as far as I know either player.

I thought if Pouncy had been an irl friend of Durga's, then Durga might be predisposed to reading Pouncy's post in a more favorable light than ghug's. Since that's not the case and they have no connection outside of the game, this interpretation of the two posts as alignment-indicative bothers me.

I don't think ghug's reaction was angry. ghug is forceful when he's arguing. Where I might have said "what have I done that's alignment-indicative?" ghug says "what the fuck could I possibly have done that even warrants a vibe?" This is still in line with ghug's personality as I understand it.

As for why he'd take issue with your comment, that's easy... he already said it for you. He didn't think he had done anything town-aligned. You saying that you already felt like he did is therefore suspicious. I agree with him.

(unvoting rdrivera)
##VOTE Durga

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#118 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 am

Eden is town.

Those observations do not look like fakery.

Ok. Hmm

President Eden
Posts: 4113
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 7404

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#119 Post by President Eden » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 am

bb, you said earlier that the mafia profile this game would probably involve early activity to look helpful. Durga's vote is still on you, after she's said she doesn't want to kill you. She's asked decent questions about Ezio and bozo but hasn't followed up on either of them with pressure. This fits your theorized profile to a T imo.

brainbomb
Posts: 17743
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 7264

Re: MINI MAFIA I - GAME THREAD

#120 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:39 am
bb, you said earlier that the mafia profile this game would probably involve early activity to look helpful. Durga's vote is still on you, after she's said she doesn't want to kill you. She's asked decent questions about Ezio and bozo but hasn't followed up on either of them with pressure. This fits your theorized profile to a T imo.
Ok.
But do you think shes trying to narrow the field and put down reads to appease people? Or to work through a POE?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kakarroto and 4 guests