M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
seth24c

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#5861 Post by seth24c » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:10 pm
I mean the great irony is that we had all these townies just openly accepting their deaths, and the one role that should have done that did the complete opposite :lol:
Yeah town really made things tough on ourselves. Congrats to scum on pulling off the heavy buss on summit.
I do not usually like to bus that way, but it was obvious that summit would not survive past D2 at best, and it seemed like a case where it was worth it to be on the "right" side of the DK.
Yeah it worked very well. Town should have probably realized earlier that vca from day one was near useless with how resigned summit was to his fate. We had town v town wagons for days afterwords when it actually made sense for scum to be the ones who would have made sure they looked good vca wise.

Durga

#5862 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 pm
seth24c wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:10 pm
I mean the great irony is that we had all these townies just openly accepting their deaths, and the one role that should have done that did the complete opposite :lol:
Yeah town really made things tough on ourselves. Congrats to scum on pulling off the heavy buss on summit.
I do not usually like to bus that way, but it was obvious that summit would not survive past D2 at best, and it seemed like a case where it was worth it to be on the "right" side of the DK.
yeah i absolutely fucking hate it but there was no hope for that kid

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5863 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:26 pm

I mean I'm all in favour of 3P's, but I fundamentally cannot see how Flum could have possibly won this game. Get all PR's outed really early whilst scum also all got eliminated early so he could do a gigantic masskill to win? That's like the only possible chance he had...

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5864 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:28 pm

To those who are angsty about the setup, you're mostly right; the setup was nowhere near perfect, and while Jamie and I tried to balance it out a little bit better in between renditions we still left a couple of pretty big gaps.

Given the setup was PR-driven, we decided to throw the riddler into the pot in order to combat a massclaim early, but we didn't get a chance to think it through as well as we could have. So Flum, sorry that you could be roleblocked. That was quite an oversight on our part. I hope the role was fun though, and I hope that it can be used without that blockade in the future.

The suicide bomber role is absolutely terrible. The strongman is clearly the way to go for a role that can overcome protections. Sorry, Durga.

As for the game, I don't think I have seen a mafia team play a day better than this one did day 1, with summit basically assured death throughout the entire day. Summit managed to coax a counterclaim, which made his death somewhat useful at least, and his entire team escaped suspicion for days and days exclusively because of how they played that day. Yall deserve kudos for how you played it. It was a teamwide model for how to escape suspicion when your teammate is on the line, and that was before daychat too.

In addition to genuinely stellar mafia play, the town made a number of mistakes, and had to in order for the mafia to overcome a generally townsided setup. Chaqa's claim was unnecessary, though in a roundabout way he made it useful by convincing the mafia team that kgray couldn't be the jailer. HR lost the flak jacket, which would have at least given town a shot at the end there despite all odds. Among the town in general, there was so much talking and so little coordination. The few people who listened to others were listening to the wrong people, and most just didn't listen at all, instead just talking over one another. It made discussion weirdly unproductive, especially later on when the crowd thinned. We all need to do better at working as a group instead of being so certain of ourselves.

Hopefully this was a fun game, and thanks for being patient as we sorted out those... uh... inconsistencies. Woops. Don't let me GM anymore.

Fluminator

#5865 Post by Fluminator » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:31 pm

I did have a lot of fun as 3P before I realized I could be RBed.
It's a surreal experience not overly caring who got daykilled, and could just dick around a bit.

I'm sorry to anyone put off by my arrogance this game, but I was always planning to fakeclaim freelancer and I wanted an attitude of someone playing like a jester.
There definitely wasn't supposed to be so many scum left alive when I did it, and I knew claiming at that part was a massive longshot so scum did play well.
I did genuinely think Prado and Flash were likely scum.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5866 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 pm

Eh, I don't really feel bad about the flak jacket. The only people I'd have ever wanted to give that to would be confirmed clears, because if you give a flak jacket to scum you completely invalidate the bomb as the scum with a flak jacket will always be the person to kill & RB (this is where you tell me that "protection from item kills" actually only meant the gun). So I looked at the Order of Operations, saw I visited before the scum kill, and assumed that the flak jacket was just there as a one shot doc-save on a PR. Then it turned out that it only became active on the next day, whoops.

But if I hadn't given it to Chaqa, I don't think I'd have ever given it out anyway - Maybe to kgray on the final night after her bomb was used?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5867 Post by kgray » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 pm
Eh, I don't really feel bad about the flak jacket. The only people I'd have ever wanted to give that to would be confirmed clears, because if you give a flak jacket to scum you completely invalidate the bomb as the scum with a flak jacket will always be the person to kill & RB (this is where you tell me that "protection from item kills" actually only meant the gun). So I looked at the Order of Operations, saw I visited before the scum kill, and assumed that the flak jacket was just there as a one shot doc-save on a PR. Then it turned out that it only became active on the next day, whoops.

But if I hadn't given it to Chaqa, I don't think I'd have ever given it out anyway - Maybe to kgray on the final night after her bomb was used?
lmao I thought your plan to hold the jacket in case of a Daffy fakeclaim was genius

Durga

#5868 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:48 pm

FWIW, the HR/kgray alliance was super cute, I was jealous, I wanted to be a part of it!!!!

Fluminator

#5869 Post by Fluminator » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:50 pm

I liked my alliance with Donny better.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5870 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:53 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 pm

lmao I thought your plan to hold the jacket in case of a Daffy fakeclaim was genius
I'm a bit disappointed I never got to put that into action :lol:

My actual vest plan had been to give it to Chaqa N2 and then if he died anyway I'd have hopefully been able to conclude if there was a Riddler because he'd have been shot twice. That was the only real use for the vest I could come up with, and it wasn't even possible :(

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5871 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Oh, and for the record: I have never had my online status set as visible, and I still have no clue what Vecna was on about :shock:

Durga

#5872 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:00 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 pm
Oh, and for the record: I have never had my online status set as visible, and I still have no clue what Vecna was on about :shock:
Your comment about doing it to fuck with him sentttt me

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5873 Post by ghug » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 pm
I swear to God I saw you the previous night and I'm still so confused.

worcej

#5874 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:00 pm
Maybe Nanook shouldn't have pissed off someone who already lost and was playing kingmaker. If he put in a modicum of effort at all the entire game instead of saying everyone in this game sucks I wouldn't have voted him despite still kind of townreading him.
This is why I was pushing him earlier in the game, but by the time I was killed, I had assumed he had to be town just not caring, which turned out to be right.

worcej

#5875 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:07 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:04 pm
Ugh. GG scum.

Yeah I made a mistake jailing Flum. I waited for so long to use the killing part of my role because I knew the bomb would protect me so there was no rush, but by N7 I really should have tried to kill mafia.

I think this jailor role wasn't ideal because of the dead nights. It was fun for me even though I don't think I played it very well - except for finding HR, which I think was a huge benefit but still wasn't enough in the end. But overall the role is probably detrimental to the game.

Thanks GMs!
We discussed this in the GT and had a similar conclusion - the dead nights dragged the game out.

In general, I don't think you did bad as a PR, I think you just didn't adapt reads well but that's typical of all players. I am just thankful I had figured out bozo, Durga, and ghug right as I died lol...

worcej

#5876 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:08 pm
I genuinely think we played that well. We lost our item thief right off the bat, my role was beyond worthless, the jailer could confirm PR's secretly, and we had to waste our nk's on some usual miskill choices. I'm pretty proud of that performance.

GG team, and gg all. Thanks GM's, I did have fun, even though I hate being scum, day chat and an awesome team made it fun.
The scum chat was fun to read as it went along.

I am also glad I know how to catch you as scum now 8-)

Durga

#5877 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 pm
Durga wrote:
I genuinely think we played that well. We lost our item thief right off the bat, my role was beyond worthless, the jailer could confirm PR's secretly, and we had to waste our nk's on some usual miskill choices. I'm pretty proud of that performance.

GG team, and gg all. Thanks GM's, I did have fun, even though I hate being scum, day chat and an awesome team made it fun.

My friend, you scum read me every game anyway

worcej

#5878 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:10 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pm
There were worse players than nook I think it's unfair to be so rude to him.
I only single out Nan simply because the early phase comment that he'd figure the game out in the end so we should keep him around.

But, Flash/emc were both obviously dejected town players that no one picked up on. Maniac was definitely a scratcher...

worcej

#5879 Post by worcej » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Durga wrote:
worcej wrote:
Durga wrote:

Yeah, but you have a tell that I've noticed now.

Like I said - I think I just might be getting better at this game lol...

Durga

#5880 Post by Durga » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Durga wrote:
worcej wrote:

Yeah, but you have a tell that I've noticed now.

Like I said - I think I just might be getting better at this game lol...
Which is what? :)