M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#1721 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:31 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:13 pm
##end

I’m going to miss EOD2 if we don’t end early. Not gonna sneak my phone during kol nidre.
Sorry Bunny 11pm is only time that's really good for me. Enjoy Kol Nidre. In truth I didn't know what it is but googled it. Also learnt that Neil Diamond is Jewish. You learn something new everyday.
LOL

worcej

#1722 Post by worcej » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 pm
worcej also prime suspect.

no mention of summit early at all, even when summit was leading wagon throughout. THen started pushing Nanook wagon pretty hard for sketch reasons, and Nanook is a likely miskill target. Then hopped on damo for some reason (even though he would later shade summit) before trying to get Nanook going again. Shaded summit at the same time as this second push on Nanook - which was out of the blue, which now seems like a total hedge, yet never voted summit.

Never voted Maniac though, which is strange if Maniac is town.
More of notes - people who either didn't or barely did engage with summit:

My TL;DR summary is in the ( )'s for each one
  1. worcej (I didn't scum read him - his lack of doing anything wasn't flagging my attention like the obviously scummy actions)
  2. Bunny (only comments really were he OMGUS'ed and then moved to him once the CC was made)
  3. Vecna (was skeptical he was scum at all and wasn't too interested in the vote and ultimately sheeps onto it because it was inevitable)
  4. Nanook (no actual game interaction, like myself)
  5. Donny (same situation as Nanook - no real interaction and just voted him after the CC)
  6. Maniac (No game comments and scum leans him in final reads list)
  7. Rdr (a couple 'I would rather X than X' posts and no real read on summit)
  8. Seth (pointed the kgray and Flum had good reasoning, then in last 11 minutes seems to believe he is scum. Very little interaction with the game overall honestly)
People who came on strong on or against summit - this is intended as NAI, so don't assume a read from it:
  1. Flum (called summit scum based on a weak response regarding his online status. I didn't take this as sarcasm when I read it. Happened with ~31 hours left of phase)
  2. kgray (right around Flum's read made her read based on recent scum game)
  3. TrPrado (very against the case for summit with 21 hours left in the phase and pokes at the scum reads of him until finally voting him after the CC)
  4. Flash (have to put here - his vote was a joke but it stuck)
Come now, I don't make the second group?
You were not 'strong' - your reads made logical sense and ratcheted as the phase progressed.

worcej

#1723 Post by worcej » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:35 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 pm
Also, people seem to be really overlooking Bunny's weird reactions when the Summit wagon first appeared.
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 am
What’s with the summit wagon? Should we hammer it?
(Page 14)
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm

##vote Tom
gah
I don’t understand the summit wagon at all. ##vote Donny ##end
(Page 18)
I for one do not forget - Bunny on re-read is suspect imho

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1724 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Vecna also signalled dissent on the Summit wagon early on:
Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:22 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:08 am
##VOTE summit

Join us, Moscow.
This feels like a mistake. The easier way to read summit is to just leave him alone and push content naturally and judge that.

Itll be hella easy very quickly.
Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:16 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:38 pm
I still don’t like Chaqa’s post.

He could have said the case on summit was garbage (which is what he is now claiming). Instead he said he wasn’t following the case. To me that just seems like someone actually wanting to dissuade people from voting summit and instead trying to get towncred if summit is town and flips.

Then again, Chaqa is pretty lazy - so it could be NAI. I guess just a connection I want to keep in mind if either of these two flip.

Kgray seems really aggressive this game. More so than I remember. Not sure what to think of that, but it comes across on the surface as pretty towny.

Worcejs post right after GMs clarified PMs was weird: “I love how people don’t pay attention to things when they happen”. What was that supposed to mean? Was he insinuating that he got the VT role PM and noticed the messages. Softing VT is weird and seems forced, but I may just not be understanding what he is trying to say.
the fuck?

Kgray seems really aggressive?

I dont know what game you were reading so far....

This is actually a lot more in line with her scum games. Not at all with the agression that she showed in take1. So far she feels like she's hanging back, waiting to gauge general opinion so she can do the sound-good feel-good posts that make her win games as scum all the time.

And then followed it up with shade-throwing at kgray, at that point the biggest force behind the Summit wagon.

So beyond the Prado defences, I think Vecna & Bunny both look pretty bad here.

Donny Dude

#1725 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:00 am
I totally agree that Summit won't claim if Maniac was scum. Yes, he can be traitor, but it's a less likely possibility, so I would give Maniac some credit.

On VCA, Ghug, Moscow and Tom get most towny points. Prado and Damo get most scummy points. Worcej also doesn't look good, but I still don't get scum vibes from him. And everybody already pointed this 8-)

Kgray is a solid town, she was the one giving a solid reason to scumread Summit, having played with scum Summit before. Flum reasoning is weird, but I don't see scum bussing that way. I would add Flash, HR and Durga to probably town (at least not people to worry at D2). The late voters are less towny as we should have some bussers.

My top scum suspects are now Prado, Bunny and Seth. Nannok also by elimination. Damo and Worcej could be fooling me, but I still townread them.
Why does Flash for you get added to the town pile. He was the first vote and other than that fact for my self he does not have anything else that indicates anything. I agree on the point on late voters to be looked at, but also think we should look at Maniac's wagon also.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1726 Post by Maniac » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:32 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:23 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 am
WOAH! When you're hidden your name appears italicized below. That's SO COOL!!
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
He walked on the water
And swam on the land
He would tell these stories
And people would listen
He was really cool
Jesus was way cool
Jesus was coolio, but I couldn't see him bussing people so wouldn't be good at mafia, or Diplomacy for that matter. But then if he did rise again, he'd probably be too busy anyway.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1727 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:42 pm

In fact, looking at Vecna's voting pattern - He pushed Damo as a counter-wagon to Summit getting pressure, stayed on Damo right up until Summit retook the lead and it therefore looked like the Damo wagon was going to fizzle out, and then unvoted, disappeared for ages, and came back to put a vote on Summit when the elimination was already decided.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1728 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

The thing I most suspect about Bunny is that when the Maniac wagon started going, I had naked voted and someone else followed. In both cases Bunny wanted to know why we were voting Maniac. Certainly reasonable considering I have no explanation - but in hindsight it almost comes across as desperately wanting a reason to latch on to and justify a move to Maiac.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1729 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 pm

I think flash is probably town as well.

He anchored on summit because of a joke vote. That would have been really easy to move since nobody would really question a change since the intially vote had little basis.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1730 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Also, I intensely dislike the way that Bunny questioned Chaqa changing onto Summit after Summit claimed and before Chaqa had cc'd... It strongly smells of trying to fish whether Chaqa was a PR or not.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1731 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 pm
I think flash is probably town as well.

He anchored on summit because of a joke vote. That would have been really easy to move since nobody would really question a change since the intially vote had little basis.
Agreed - Flash also came back on numerous occasions and commented on the summit wagon and questioned why summit hadn't voted yet - So he had plenty opportunity to change onto a competing wagon.

MoscowFleet

#1732 Post by MoscowFleet » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Good analysis so far guys, keep it up. I'm choosing today to catch up with some other stuff so I won't be around much.

bozotheclown

#1733 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 pm
Also, people seem to be really overlooking Bunny's weird reactions when the Summit wagon first appeared.
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:39 am
What’s with the summit wagon? Should we hammer it?
(Page 14)
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:20 pm

##vote Tom
gah
I don’t understand the summit wagon at all. ##vote Donny ##end
(Page 18)
Considering this it seems odd BunnyGo was the one player summit decided to scum read and vote for (he voted for Maniac later but said he did not scum read him).

Donny Dude

#1734 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:11 pm

K, I see your points on Flash.
I looked at the vc and decided to look at people who moved their vote a lot towards eod and I don't see anyone who fits that pattern except for Ghug. Although he was in the end on Summit before the Chaqa cc.

BunnyGo

#1735 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:18 pm

I’m really sad you all think so little of my scum play.

BunnyGo

#1736 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:18 pm
I’m really sad you all think so little of my scum play.
Really I just s**k as Town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1737 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:55 am

I don't use this anonymous thing and I hardly remember to look who is online. I use the bot to read when I am at work as the site is blocked.
I went anon only because someone called me out for my status being online for many hours due to the page being up on my work computer.
I assume it only marks you as online if you have refreshed the page within the last x minutes, no? I may be wrong, but I don't believe the implementation has a webworker constantly pinging the site to keep our online status up-to-date.

I went anonymous ages ago after ghug used my online status to help mislynch me and win the game for scum.
Wait when was that?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1738 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:13 pm
##end

I’m going to miss EOD2 if we don’t end early. Not gonna sneak my phone during kol nidre.
What is the point of this post?

Vecna

#1739 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 pm
worcej also prime suspect.

no mention of summit early at all, even when summit was leading wagon throughout. THen started pushing Nanook wagon pretty hard for sketch reasons, and Nanook is a likely miskill target. Then hopped on damo for some reason (even though he would later shade summit) before trying to get Nanook going again. Shaded summit at the same time as this second push on Nanook - which was out of the blue, which now seems like a total hedge, yet never voted summit.

Never voted Maniac though, which is strange if Maniac is town.
More of notes - people who either didn't or barely did engage with summit:

My TL;DR summary is in the ( )'s for each one
  1. worcej (I didn't scum read him - his lack of doing anything wasn't flagging my attention like the obviously scummy actions)
  2. Bunny (only comments really were he OMGUS'ed and then moved to him once the CC was made)
  3. Vecna (was skeptical he was scum at all and wasn't too interested in the vote and ultimately sheeps onto it because it was inevitable)
  4. Nanook (no actual game interaction, like myself)
  5. Donny (same situation as Nanook - no real interaction and just voted him after the CC)
  6. Maniac (No game comments and scum leans him in final reads list)
  7. Rdr (a couple 'I would rather X than X' posts and no real read on summit)
  8. Seth (pointed the kgray and Flum had good reasoning, then in last 11 minutes seems to believe he is scum. Very little interaction with the game overall honestly)
People who came on strong on or against summit - this is intended as NAI, so don't assume a read from it:
  1. Flum (called summit scum based on a weak response regarding his online status. I didn't take this as sarcasm when I read it. Happened with ~31 hours left of phase)
  2. kgray (right around Flum's read made her read based on recent scum game)
  3. TrPrado (very against the case for summit with 21 hours left in the phase and pokes at the scum reads of him until finally voting him after the CC)
  4. Flash (have to put here - his vote was a joke but it stuck)
You should probably go reread my iso

I guess I should be flattered that all the dodgy people are coming out of the woodworks and trying to paint my engagement in a totally different way than it actually happened.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1740 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Why doesn't anybody ever scumread me anymore? :(