M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#2361 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 am

Slow day

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#2362 Post by TrPrado » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:10 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 am
Slow day
how was the date?

bozotheclown

#2363 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:11 am

"You are Marvin the Martian, the independently aligned riddler. You are very powerful, and have the ability to kill any number of players every single night! However, in order to kill them, you must correctly identify their exact role (i.e. “vanilla townie” or “witchdoctor”). If you guess any player’s role incorrectly, you will be unable to kill anyone for the remainder of the game, and all of the players you targeted that night will survive your attack. You cannot be killed by the mafia’s nightkill or killing role, and your kills do not trigger exploding bombs. You win when you are the last man standing, or nothing can prevent you from being the last man standing, so long as another faction has not already emerged victorious."

##CALL GM: This is very clear that the riddler must identify the exact role, and even gives an example in the case of a PR (witchdoctor). Can we get a confirmation that this has changed?

Donny Dude

#2364 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 am

So I looked through Seth and some things that stood starting with d1 were:
Makes some jokes, votes for maniac because of maniac's post about the meeting up and says we can prevent you from joining.
Makes a point on chaqa and people being able to read chaqa easily.
Then if I read this correctly is the very first vote on damo then, claiming lots of people talking about damo but not voting.

Says maniac post is now worse than he remembered.
Two important things now come up here which I think are interesting, one mentions summit and talks about how kgray and Hr have legit reasons for "preferring summit."
The other one that stands out to me is that he quotes damo on rdr and asks if rdr's post seem AI. Tom asks how rdr;s post are different
And response is they seem more light hearted and jokey.
Votes for Maniac. "Feeling a little better about damo so making maniac a bigger wagon works for me. ##vote maniac"
Next thing is another summit about how if summit is not scum then maniac is on flip. Two posts later says he is happy to see summit flip. But stays on maniac. Once again says if it is not summit then it is maniac.
Final posts congrats chaqa for cc.

All in all this d1 seems pretty scummy for seth. Asks about rdr. Talks of Summit but never votes for him.

Night one
Says the cc was not needed but just thinking about getting a confirmed scum. Seems weak though in saying "I guess"

A few posts about the hi's and maniac less likely to be scum based on summit.
There is not much else there other than that.

Day 2

More discussion on maniac. Justifies vote on maniac. Says maniac did not know about traitor based on night post. say does not know why he is so suspicious and this, " That’s why I felt better to vote for him because to me that was a stronger indication of scum than summit’s meta which I am not as familiar with as most of you all are."
Hi posts undermine theory on maniac. Unlikely maniac is traitor.
Interesting though that he agrees with bozo post 1920 even though bozo puts him in same group with Damo, trprado bunny and myself due to the noted cc congrats for him. Also says damo is intriguing.
Asks Prado what made him vote for him.
Admits maniac case was poor on his part. "There were enough people pushing summit that I felt confident to explore other options to see what other information we could gather. " Says this about not being on summit.
Latest post On damo stating who he thinks is scum between seth or nanook " You can hardly count the voters after chaqa’s counter claim as bussers at all. I had plenty of time to jump on the summit wagon after the claim if I wanted to, if I was scum and knew his alignment you really think I would have stayed off wagon?"

Seth seems to not understand why he is being voted for.

BunnyGo

#2365 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 am

TrPrado wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:10 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:01 am
Slow day
how was the date?
Lovely. First one in over 2 months.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2366 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 am
Makes some jokes, votes for maniac because of maniac's post about the meeting up and says we can prevent you from joining.
Then if I read this correctly is the very first vote on damo then, claiming lots of people talking about damo but not voting.

Two important things now come up here which I think are interesting, one mentions summit and talks about how kgray and Hr have legit reasons for "preferring summit."
The other one that stands out to me is that he quotes damo on rdr and asks if rdr's post seem AI. Tom asks how rdr;s post are different
Votes for Maniac. "Feeling a little better about damo so making maniac a bigger wagon works for me. ##vote maniac"
Next thing is another summit about how if summit is not scum then maniac is on flip. Two posts later says he is happy to see summit flip. But stays on maniac. Once again says if it is not summit then it is maniac.

All in all this d1 seems pretty scummy for seth. Asks about rdr. Talks of Summit but never votes for him.

Night one
Says the cc was not needed but just thinking about getting a confirmed scum. Seems weak though in saying "I guess"

Day 2

More discussion on maniac. Justifies vote on maniac. Says maniac did not know about traitor based on night post. say does not know why he is so suspicious and this, " That’s why I felt better to vote for him because to me that was a stronger indication of scum than summit’s meta which I am not as familiar with as most of you all are."
Interesting though that he agrees with bozo post 1920 even though bozo puts him in same group with Damo, trprado bunny and myself due to the noted cc congrats for him. Also says damo is intriguing.
Admits maniac case was poor on his part. "There were enough people pushing summit that I felt confident to explore other options to see what other information we could gather. " Says this about not being on summit.
Latest post On damo stating who he thinks is scum between seth or nanook " You can hardly count the voters after chaqa’s counter claim as bussers at all. I had plenty of time to jump on the summit wagon after the claim if I wanted to, if I was scum and knew his alignment you really think I would have stayed off wagon?"

Why did you make this post? What were you hoping to accomplish with it?

Donny Dude

#2367 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 am
Donny Dude wrote:

Night one

Day 2

I previously stated I wanted to look at moscow prado and seth . I decided to go with seth first. I wanted to see how seth looked through an iso perspective.
I still want to look at moscow and prado but Idk if that will happen before deadline this thoroughly as compiling the above took me awhile to be honest.
##unvote because the bot seems to think I voted for maniac.

BunnyGo

#2368 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:42 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 am
ghug wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:

Night one

Day 2

I previously stated I wanted to look at moscow prado and seth . I decided to go with seth first. I wanted to see how seth looked through an iso perspective.
I still want to look at moscow and prado but Idk if that will happen before deadline this thoroughly as compiling the above took me awhile to be honest.
But what does your post say? It’s a lot of dense text. And hard for tired me to suss out a conclusion or statement of opinion. What thought fo you want me taking away?

Nanook

#2369 Post by Nanook » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 am

worcej wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Nanook wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 am
Do I need to start paying attention yet, yes or no?
Ugh, obv!scum is obv!scum...
Sounds like OMGUS

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2370 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:46 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 am
ghug wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:

Night one

Day 2

Do you have any more conclusions on Seth?

Donny Dude

#2371 Post by Donny Dude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:01 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:42 am

But what does your post say? It’s a lot of dense text. And hard for tired me to suss out a conclusion or statement of opinion. What thought fo you want me taking away?
Removed other quotes so easier to read.
I believe that Seth is quite scummy based on : D1 Discussion of summit push of maniac case. Seems quite certain on not wanting to vote summit but recognizes later on maniac not being scum. I don't think being happy about the cc is a good thing and seems scummy.
For D2 I feel that Seth makes two different points on not voting summit d1. One says that he did not vote summit because he felt others knew the meta better than him. Then says felt confident enough to explore other options.

Though odd though he endorses a theory which implicates him, does not seem likely for scum to say.
Seems quite certain on not wanting to vote summit but recognizes later on maniac not being scum.
The double down on maniac is interesting and seems towny but seems to recognize that it is a bad case which shows a shift in thoughts.
Started the damo wagon d1 and later felt better about damo then to maniac.

BunnyGo

#2372 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:13 am

Nanook wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 am
worcej wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Nanook wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 am
Do I need to start paying attention yet, yes or no?
Ugh, obv!scum is obv!scum...
Sounds like OMGUS
Welcome back. I did lie a little about paying attention. You need to place a vote at some point.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2373 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:11 am
"You are Marvin the Martian, the independently aligned riddler. You are very powerful, and have the ability to kill any number of players every single night! However, in order to kill them, you must correctly identify their exact role (i.e. “vanilla townie” or “witchdoctor”). If you guess any player’s role incorrectly, you will be unable to kill anyone for the remainder of the game, and all of the players you targeted that night will survive your attack. You cannot be killed by the mafia’s nightkill or killing role, and your kills do not trigger exploding bombs. You win when you are the last man standing, or nothing can prevent you from being the last man standing, so long as another faction has not already emerged victorious."

##CALL GM: This is very clear that the riddler must identify the exact role, and even gives an example in the case of a PR (witchdoctor). Can we get a confirmation that this has changed?
The role PM was written without regard to the fact that some characters could be any of three roles, meaning it can be impossible to guess what role is actually in play. The riddler would be able to identify someone as the town investigative role or mafia item role, for example, or by their flavor name, and still have identified their role correctly.

seth24c

#2374 Post by seth24c » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 am

Nanook wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:10 pm
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm
Nanook wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 am

There’s a thread?????

[this is where I’d normally post my “reading is for idiots who can’t understand pictures” meme but apparently I can’t post images here, which is a big ???]
Is there a reason you weren't concerned about this in your first game here?
Yeh I was town so I was more focused whereas now I’m scum so I just wanna have a good time
Nanook were you signaling summit with this post?

seth24c

#2375 Post by seth24c » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:18 am

Nanook wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm
##Vote Maniac

I uh totally forgot there was a lost wolf in this game, lost wolves tend to signal to their partners, Seth is spot on kudos to him
Nanook this was your only vote and one of the few times you interacted with the game itself. Did you look into the logic of the case against maniac at all on your own? What convinced you that he was a better wagon than summit?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2376 Post by TrPrado » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 am

seth24c wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 am
Nanook wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:10 pm
summit_fever wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Is there a reason you weren't concerned about this in your first game here?
Yeh I was town so I was more focused whereas now I’m scum so I just wanna have a good time
Nanook were you signaling summit with this post?
Now this is a good question that will definitely get a genuine answer

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2377 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:24 am

I think Donny's town

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2378 Post by Chaqa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:30 am

Bo really is the worst. ;)

Did we kill Prado yet.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2379 Post by TrPrado » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:32 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:30 am

Did we kill Prado yet.
Yes

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2380 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:35 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:30 am
I believe that some things are just destined to be, and this, it seems, is one of them.