M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#1761 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm

So, I think the cruz of the day yesterday was the point where the Manaic wagon and the summit wagon tied. Three other wagons failed to materialize against summit before the Maniac one succeeded, but we know one was town in Chaqa, so I don't think it's particularly more likely than random that the other two (damo/Nannok) were scum protected over fellow scum based on that alone.

The Maniac wagon was sitting on two for a while (rdr and Donny).
Nanook was the third vote, tying the wagon with his own for second place.
Seth was next. He came from the formerly competing damo wagon. It's worth noting that he'd been on Maniac before.
Tom jumped on from Chaqa to make it 5.
Damo switched from summit to bring it from 7-5 to tied. He gave no explanation.

Six summit voters at this point were:
flash2015, kgray, HR, bozo, Durga, Flum

From the tie:
I returned and hopped on summit. (7-6)
Summit voted Maniac to tie it again. (7-7)
Prado flipped from damo to Maniac (7-8).
Moscow moved from Nanook to tie (8-8).
Tom moved Maniac->summit (9-7).
Chaqa made it 10-7.
Vecna made it 11-7.
Chaqa started his little seth joke wagon. (10-7)
Summit claimed
Bunny jumped on Maniac shortly thereafter, I'm guessing as a crosspost with the claim (10-8).
Chaqa, donny, bunny, prado, damo piled on with the CC.

In a vacuum, the votes that look bad are Prado, Seth, damo, Bunny.
Nanook's looks not great, likewise Vecna's jump on just when it seemed like summit's death was certain.
Tom, Moscow, me look great. (I always look great.)
Maniac not voting gives me pause; it does seem plausible that he's still a bad guy.

Of the bad votes, I think Prado is too scummy to be scum. The defense of summit was just so over the top. I also don't really see damo giving that no explanation vote, and I don't see seth bussing him and then being so uncomfortable being scum, so I think he's less likely than seth and it's probably not both of them. Bunny, Vecna, Maniac, Nanook all seem like possibilities, in that order.

It seems likely that there are a couple of bussers in the core group of summit voters, which I'll define as everyone Tom and prior. I think the voters that pushed it over the edge in the heat of things are likelier to be scum if there was already heavy bussing going on or if their teammates had already really obviously tied themselves to summit and they wanted deep cover (a la Prado). Since neither of those seem like what's going on, and I have other reasons to townread Tom and Moscow, I think they're both pretty likely to be town. That leaves the other six, in order of likelihood:
flash - I could easily see his having got stuck on this one early and having to stay there. He didn't really push it at all.
Durga - A vote without a ton of conviction at a moment when the wagon looked like it might run away. Also haven't been too impressed with her play in general.
Flum/HR - Nothing's off about either, but they're both capable of faking this.
bozo - His vote was pretty important in solidifying the wagon and he didn't stick around to push and get himself credit for the daykill.
kgray - I could definitely see being scum with someone you felt was an inadequate teammate a second time and feeling that their scumminess is just too obvious to not vote for, but I feel pretty confident in my non-VCA townread.

Top of the scum pool:
seth, bunny, Vecna, flash

Town pool:
Chaqa (who obvtowned before claiming so that's really annoying), kgray, Tom, bozo, Prado, Moscow

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1762 Post by flash2015 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:20 pm
I went anon only because someone called me out for my status being online for many hours due to the page being up on my work computer.
I assume it only marks you as online if you have refreshed the page within the last x minutes, no? I may be wrong, but I don't believe the implementation has a webworker constantly pinging the site to keep our online status up-to-date.

I went anonymous ages ago after ghug used my online status to help mislynch me and win the game for scum.
Wait when was that?
It was a game which at the end included (if I remember correctly), you, me Durga, ND and bo_sox (perhaps rdr was scum too?). I was a sub to that game.

As soon as I subbed in, you went after me as soon as you saw me reading the thread but not posting much. After that I decided I would hide my status so that doesn't happen again.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1763 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm
Why doesn't anybody ever scumread me anymore? :(
Do something scummy?
Hey man I spent like four hours trying to make a counterwagon happen

Durga

#1764 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

I don't know how to handle ghug posting so many words at once.

worcej

#1765 Post by worcej » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:59 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:51 pm
Worcej and ghug wagons tomorrow would make for an exciting day.
Count me in for personal reasons
Oooo, I'm excited for the opportunity to be on the host seat and getting your attention :3

Unless the scum beat you to it.

BunnyGo

#1766 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:33 pm
ghug wrote:

What is the point of this post?
Letting you all know that speed wagoning me on D2 is antisemitic.
I don't think any of the Warner Bros Characters we're playing are Jewish. In fact I don't know of any Warner Bros Characters that are Jewish. A few Catholics, but no Jews.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Blanc

BunnyGo

#1767 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:23 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:18 pm
I’m really sad you all think so little of my scum play.
Really I just s**k as Town.
I do not remember you being this self depricating before
Not in game, no. That’s what the Dumb Bunny (TM) persona is for. But even it’s name (and counterpart Drunk Bunny (TM)) are self deprecating by their mere existence.

Nanook

#1768 Post by Nanook » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Aren’t 90% of the looney tunes Jewish via Mel Blanc?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1769 Post by TrPrado » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 pm
worcej also prime suspect.

no mention of summit early at all, even when summit was leading wagon throughout. THen started pushing Nanook wagon pretty hard for sketch reasons, and Nanook is a likely miskill target. Then hopped on damo for some reason (even though he would later shade summit) before trying to get Nanook going again. Shaded summit at the same time as this second push on Nanook - which was out of the blue, which now seems like a total hedge, yet never voted summit.

Never voted Maniac though, which is strange if Maniac is town.
More of notes - people who either didn't or barely did engage with summit:

My TL;DR summary is in the ( )'s for each one
  1. worcej (I didn't scum read him - his lack of doing anything wasn't flagging my attention like the obviously scummy actions)
  2. Bunny (only comments really were he OMGUS'ed and then moved to him once the CC was made)
  3. Vecna (was skeptical he was scum at all and wasn't too interested in the vote and ultimately sheeps onto it because it was inevitable)
  4. Nanook (no actual game interaction, like myself)
  5. Donny (same situation as Nanook - no real interaction and just voted him after the CC)
  6. Maniac (No game comments and scum leans him in final reads list)
  7. Rdr (a couple 'I would rather X than X' posts and no real read on summit)
  8. Seth (pointed the kgray and Flum had good reasoning, then in last 11 minutes seems to believe he is scum. Very little interaction with the game overall honestly)
People who came on strong on or against summit - this is intended as NAI, so don't assume a read from it:
  1. Flum (called summit scum based on a weak response regarding his online status. I didn't take this as sarcasm when I read it. Happened with ~31 hours left of phase)
  2. kgray (right around Flum's read made her read based on recent scum game)
  3. TrPrado (very against the case for summit with 21 hours left in the phase and pokes at the scum reads of him until finally voting him after the CC)
  4. Flash (have to put here - his vote was a joke but it stuck)
You should probably go reread my iso

I guess I should be flattered that all the dodgy people are coming out of the woodworks and trying to paint my engagement in a totally different way than it actually happened.
Dodgy people like HR? Your iso doesn’t look good why are you so insistent it does?

Fluminator

#1770 Post by Fluminator » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm
ghug wrote:
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:30 pm

I assume it only marks you as online if you have refreshed the page within the last x minutes, no? I may be wrong, but I don't believe the implementation has a webworker constantly pinging the site to keep our online status up-to-date.

I went anonymous ages ago after ghug used my online status to help mislynch me and win the game for scum.
Wait when was that?
It was a game which at the end included (if I remember correctly), you, me Durga, ND and bo_sox (perhaps rdr was scum too?). I was a sub to that game.

As soon as I subbed in, you went after me as soon as you saw me reading the thread but not posting much. After that I decided I would hide my status so that doesn't happen again.
I remember when scum ghug got me miskilled because I was too good at catching scum so I clearly had to be bussing.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1771 Post by TrPrado » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:52 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:48 pm
I think flash is probably town as well.

He anchored on summit because of a joke vote. That would have been really easy to move since nobody would really question a change since the intially vote had little basis.
Agreed - Flash also came back on numerous occasions and commented on the summit wagon and questioned why summit hadn't voted yet - So he had plenty opportunity to change onto a competing wagon.
I disagree, flash didn’t “push” summit until he was already a leading wagon and it was too late to jump off without looking bad, especially given there wasn’t any material from summit to use to back down. I think it reeks of a bus.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1772 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm
ghug wrote:

Wait when was that?

I remember when scum ghug got me miskilled because I was too good at catching scum so I clearly had to be bussing.
What else was I supposed to do?

Durga

#1773 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:40 pm

@ghug you actually think I would place a vote on the item thief as scum when I could have just as easily stayed on a scummy looking Chaqa or pushed something else? Why does it feel like you're low key undermining me all game

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1774 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:40 pm
@ghug you actually think I would place a vote on the item thief as scum when I could have just as easily stayed on a scummy looking Chaqa or pushed something else? Why does it feel like you're low key undermining me all game
Do you think he wasn't bussed at all?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1775 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi Maniac

What special insights has being on the block against scum given you?

BunnyGo

#1776 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:43 pm
Durga wrote:
I think the most likely bussers are those who are familiar with his scum game and know it's a liability *more* than the item thief is a benefit. I don't know who those people are. I think kgray is one, she'd probably know how to find others.

Durga

#1777 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
You can't ignore my question by asking me a question.

Also, I'm not going to be voting any of the early wagoners D2, I'm feeling pretty good about kgray, HR, flash, Bozo being town or at least not mafia

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1778 Post by ghug » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
You can't ignore my question by asking me a question.

Also, I'm not going to be voting any of the early wagoners D2, I'm feeling pretty good about kgray, HR, flash, Bozo being town or at least not mafia
Was my question not an answer to your question?

damo666

#1779 Post by damo666 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
I think the most likely bussers are those who are familiar with his scum game and know it's a liability *more* than the item thief is a benefit. I don't know who those people are. I think kgray is one, she'd probably know how to find others.
cynic

Durga

#1780 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:46 pm
ghug wrote:
Durga wrote:
I guess there's a world where she knows how hopeless he is and just goes for it