M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1901 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:38 am
hthefourth wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:29 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:14 am

Yup. And how did you learn that a day ago?
by reading people's posts. What are you getting at?
Okay. You're a new player and it's pretty mafia-specific term, so there's a chance you learned about it in the scumchat. I would have felt better about your answer if you'd given it immediately, but I've seen town miskill over something like this before so it's probably not worth focusing on.
Actually I think the chances you learned this in the scumchat are slim, because I don't think you're scum unless you're the traitor. Also you could have just said you googled it if I'd actually "caught" you.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1902 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 pm

Nah youre the traitor
Tom flipping scum does make me wonder more about Bunny and Durga.
BRO YOU'RE THE REASON PEOPLE EVEN THINK THIS LMAO. You cannot be saying this right now. Looool what. Did I roll something I haven't been sent? Is there a qt link I didn't get? What is actually happening
Yeah this is a weird comment from bozo. I'm not really seeing a reason to scumread Bunny and Durga more because of Tom's flip.

Also imo Tom and Moscow were by far the scummiest out of the four. If Durga and Bunny had flipped scum first, I'd be a lot more interested in Moscow and Tom. But the order that it happened here, I don't get the Moscow/Tom are scum -> Durga/Bunny are scum logic.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1903 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:16 pm

Kgray, what do you mean by the rapid fire voting being a signal? How does that signal Traitor?
Ummm.... I need help reacting to this.
I suggest a ##VOTE FOOD
Do you think scum!food really saw my post where I suggested traitor!bozo called out (at least) two of sucm!food's teammates as scum and chose to react to it by feigning ignorance? If he were scum he'd know exactly what I was suggesting, and since everyone else understood what I was saying, questioning it doesn't really make sense. It just makes him look bad.

Durga

#1904 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:11 pm
Durga wrote:
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Ummm.... I need help reacting to this.
I suggest a ##VOTE FOOD
Do you think scum!food really saw my post where I suggested traitor!bozo called out (at least) two of sucm!food's teammates as scum and chose to react to it by feigning ignorance? If he were scum he'd know exactly what I was suggesting, and since everyone else understood what I was saying, questioning it doesn't really make sense. It just makes him look bad.
What post is this? If he didn't understand what most people did, doesn't that make it worse?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1905 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:46 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 am
@Macca who do you think are most likely to be Moscow and Tom's partners?
I definitely don't trust Bozo. I've felt bad about him for a while, and I certainly wouldn't oppose taking him out today.

Granted, I haven't met drunk bunny before, but it's not giving me good vibes.
Yeah, I get not liking drunk bunny. What is it about bozo that makes you not trust him?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1906 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

I suggest a ##VOTE FOOD
What post is this? If he didn't understand what most people did, doesn't that make it worse?
I'm saying if he were scum there's no way he *couldn't* understand it. So he'd have to be faking. And that just makes him look bad, so why would he do that?

BunnyGo

#1907 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:04 pm
Durga wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 pm

Tom flipping scum does make me wonder more about Bunny and Durga.
BRO YOU'RE THE REASON PEOPLE EVEN THINK THIS LMAO. You cannot be saying this right now. Looool what. Did I roll something I haven't been sent? Is there a qt link I didn't get? What is actually happening
Yeah this is a weird comment from bozo. I'm not really seeing a reason to scumread Bunny and Durga more because of Tom's flip.

Also imo Tom and Moscow were by far the scummiest out of the four. If Durga and Bunny had flipped scum first, I'd be a lot more interested in Moscow and Tom. But the order that it happened here, I don't get the Moscow/Tom are scum -> Durga/Bunny are scum logic.
It was YOUR theory! You’re now my alternate for Seth on the scum team. Maybe you were leading him by the nose. Poor Seth fell for kgrays lies and manipulations.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1908 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:20 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 pm
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

It was YOUR theory! You’re now my alternate for Seth on the scum team. Maybe you were leading him by the nose. Poor Seth fell for kgrays lies and manipulations.
lmao okay Bunny. I said what are the chances it was true after I looked for people interacting with Moscow. I never pushed it as likely and I'm not focusing on it now. My point is that Tom and Moscow were scummy together. If town!bozo thought that they were scum partners early on and legitimately caught two scum based on their interactions, I don't see why he thinks that them flipping makes it more likely you and Durga are scum. Town!bozo would know my theory was wrong. And I don't think bozo's ego is so large that he thinks Tom and Moscow flipping scum makes bozo's other early reads so much more likely to be correct.

hthefourth

#1909 Post by hthefourth » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

I've already backtracked once this game for overreacting to Bunny's posts, but this is some A+ melodrama.

Durga

#1910 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:

Why are you talking to her like that? She isn't pushing the theory.

Can you elaborate on what lies and manipulations Seth has fallen for that kgray has been pushing please?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1911 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 am
I think it more likely town!vecna would be snapping town out of the idea that bozo actually signalled traitor by voting his scumteam immediately on day 1.
Do you not remember Vecna in M55? He was tinfoily as can be.

Durga

#1912 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 pm

kgray wrote:
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 pm
kgray wrote:

I'm saying if he were scum there's no way he *couldn't* understand it. So he'd have to be faking. And that just makes him look bad, so why would he do that?
Can you point me to the post? I'm not actually sure what you're referring to

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1913 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm

@Durga, the one I said I needed help reacting to, and you responded by saying I should vote for food. This one:
foodcoats wrote:
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:30 pm
What are the chances that bozo is the traitor who signaled his team (Moscow, Bunny, Tom and Durga) with his rapid-fire D1 voting?
Kgray, what do you mean by the rapid fire voting being a signal? How does that signal Traitor?

Durga

#1914 Post by Durga » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm
@Durga, the one I said I needed help reacting to, and you responded by saying I should vote for food. This one:
foodcoats wrote:
kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:30 pm
What are the chances that bozo is the traitor who signaled his team (Moscow, Bunny, Tom and Durga) with his rapid-fire D1 voting?
I don't see how this is necessarily a town reaction. Unless he, like me, didn't realize traitor knew his scummates, but he should be reading the thread as this discussion has come up. So maybe he's playing dumb? Idk, I don't think it's determinative either way. Frankly, I think it's awkward that he asked this.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1915 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:36 pm
kgray wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

I don't see how this is necessarily a town reaction. Unless he, like me, didn't realize traitor knew his scummates, but he should be reading the thread as this discussion has come up. So maybe he's playing dumb? Idk, I don't think it's determinative either way. Frankly, I think it's awkward that he asked this.
I don't think it's towny either, and I really don't understand how he didn't get what I was saying regardless of his alignment, but I just don't see the scum motivation to fake it.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1916 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:36 pm
kgray wrote:

I don't think it's towny either, and I really don't understand how he didn't get what I was saying regardless of his alignment, but I just don't see the scum motivation to fake it.
Oh. And I was suspicious before because he engaged with the "Tom crumbing traitor" theory so I thought he must have known the details of that role, but I guess it's possible that town!food only realized the flavor name and not the mechanics of the role.

Actually I think that's much more likely than scum!food pretending not to get it.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1917 Post by kgray » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:00 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:36 pm
I would now like everyone to stop derailing the thread with kgray's ridiculous theory. It's blatantly anti town to waste space discussing it vs actual scum reads.
I disagree, and would like you to stop derailing the theory with the same defense. It's blatantly pro-town to follow a pattern that achieves town results. Granted, I already scum read Bozo, but your insistence that it's bad because "bozo is smarter than that"(?) doesn't hold merit.

Here:
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 am

Why is it dumb enough that were contemplating it? Just 3 posts earlier you'd state you would believe it if you were town.

tundundun
No... I said I'd believe it if all four of us flipped scum.
I think Vecna was referring to this post.
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 pm

I’d join you on Seth over Durga.
Why aren't you sus of me at all Bunny? Because it maybe implicates you with the bozo theory thing? Or are you trying to pocket be subtly? I have noticed you have low key defended me quite a few times and I'm really not sure why.

Heck, if I was anyone else and town in this game, I'd be hella sus of me rn
Which makes a similar point.

It looks to me like you've seen a decent plan which you initially dealt with in a normal way. But now that it's starting to pick up steam and you're on the run, you are trying to push it out with mostly meaningless points.

Even beyond the exact specs of this theory, a lot of people are getting worried about the mentioned players, and your method of deflecting this heat is not, in my opinion, a towny one.

You can't think up good intellectual reasons for why it is wrong because it's not.
Ooh I really like this post. I don't agree with a lot of it, but I really think Macca is town.

BunnyGo

#1918 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
kgray wrote:

Why are you talking to her like that? She isn't pushing the theory.

Can you elaborate on what lies and manipulations Seth has fallen for that kgray has been pushing please?
I’m hung over and don’t trust her and am naturally cantankerous.

I was questioning whether she was following or leading Seth. In retrospect, she wasn’t scummy in those moves or defense of Seth.

BunnyGo

#1919 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm

I hate everything about the leading wagons. ##vote Seth. Where is that scummy lurker? Hasn’t shown up since last night when I made a case about his EOD1.

hthefourth

#1920 Post by hthefourth » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:42 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:23 pm
I hate everything about the leading wagons. ##vote Seth. Where is that scummy lurker? Hasn’t shown up since last night when I made a case about his EOD1.
I'm having a hard time parsing Bunny's brashness from his identity. This is how I'd expect scum to talk in backyard mafia games. Is he normally like this?

Also no fan of Seth's play thus far, but worried about hopping on the seth wagon because a lurking townie (presumably) was the main wagon competing with MF yesterday.