M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M59 - Duck Season? - Game Thread

#1841 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:12 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:09 am
Bunny why are you panicking so much? Town is in an amazing position. You're acting like we're in mylo or something. So what if people are pushing this theory? All it takes is one of three people flipping town to prove it false. Why are you so worried about people considering it?
Because it’s stupid. On the face of it stupid. And I worry about the brain aneurysms that everyone pushing it is having.
Imagine people seeing patterns when 3 scummy people are acting in an aligned manner
What 3 people are you talking about?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1842 Post by TrPrado » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:39 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:37 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm

His post seems less a defense of me and more an attack on Bunny (which indirectly defends me, but I don’t think that was the intention. I can see why people would scumread Bunny in general because of how he plays. I also don’t know hthefourth, like I do bozo and damo
Again Tom indicates he does not know hthefourth, but my research shows they went to the same college.
wut?
it gets funnier

Vecna

#1843 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:07 am
##callgm - can the gunsmith give both guns in one night?
yikes.

Bunny so charming. Getting into my head like that

bozotheclown

#1844 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 am

TrPrado wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:36 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 am
TrPrado wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 am

this is so desperate lmao
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:16 pm

His post seems less a defense of me and more an attack on Bunny (which indirectly defends me, but I don’t think that was the intention. I can see why people would scumread Bunny in general because of how he plays. I also don’t know hthefourth, like I do bozo and damo
rdrivera specifically asked why Tom ignored hthefourth defending him, and part of Tom's reason was that he didn't know hthefourth.
"Actually they played Diplomacy together!!" is not a reasonable response to that. In context it was and is clear he was referring to hthefourth not having played Mafia before.
Considering Tom was scum and had a reason to deceive us, I do not think that is clear.
hthefourth wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 am
seth24c wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Are you knew? I've never seen you before.
I am knew to mafia, this is my second game. I’ve seen most of you before though. I’m enough to have been playing diplomacy here before mafia was played here.
Good gracious. I have indeed never played before, and didn't know that such a mountain of text was involved.

But now that I have skimmed it all (aside from the youtube videos mentioned, sorry), I offer my clearly excellent skills of observation (read paragraph above) in service of hunting down the foul mafia. I also suggest that said mafia may in fact be those side-show aliens of Space Jam fame.
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:03 pm
Is hthefourth relatively new?

Also, kgray - what are your thoughts on bozo and damo hopping on the bandwagon? They have both played probably at least half a dozen games with me so I find it strange they would consider such a poor play plausible.
hthefourth stated in his first post that he had never played mafia before, so why did Tom distance from him by asking if hthefourth is "relatively new"?

Vecna

#1845 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:51 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 am
Okay I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble but bozo did not call out the entire scum team because I am not scum
Are you sticking with that thing from before?

Vecna

#1846 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:55 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:37 pm
if he was actually town hed have a million obnoxious reasons why im an imbecilw for thinking hes scum.

Instead we get "but what if im a town pr?" "Does this make you suspicious of me?"
who is vecna talking about
bozo

Vecna

#1847 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:46 am
summit_fever wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm
Town:

rdr/vecna/kgray I feel most confident in.

Bozo/Bunny/Flum are lower down in confidence. Flum could very well have been looking for an exit off the moscow wagon.

HR isn't looking bad either. Ditto Damo and Prado.
---
I think it's possible Durga found a convenient method to signal being a traitor with her comments on never bussing and "Sorry team". She does make statements like that as town, but it seems reasonable she'd also look for an opportunity to signal in that manner.

Still haven't seen seth do anything I'd classify as townie. Getting on the moscow wagon right at the end with a "no ties" comment as well as being happy with it seems weak. Also, that "What's going on around here?" attitude to flash self-voting seems a little fishy to me since in his first game he saw worcej throw everything into a self vote...including forcing an eventual tie due to his selfvote.

Macca is too quiet for much more than a null from me. I really expected that loose-cannon macca style to shine as town.

Putting some pressure on worcej is a good idea. Prado's done a good job tearing through his iso.
What "loose-cannon style"? I tried to be very careful when I played scum. I'm more reckless now, but what frame of reference are you using?
Youre more reckless now?

Please, link us some examples of posts where you think youre being decisively more reckless this game compared to the last. Show us why u think this is the case.

bozotheclown

#1848 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:00 am

The more I think about it, damo getting killed after helping break up the foodcoats wagon looks suspicious, especially with the timing of foodcoats voting for flash. Until foodcoats answers my question he did not answer D1 (was he crumbing a role), I am going to:

##VOTE foodcoats

Vecna

#1849 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:02 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:51 am
Bozo - Why do you weirdly keep pushing your own statement as something you'd be down for when in all possible worlds you know it to be false.

It's dumb enough that other people are contemplating it seriously, but you know it isn't true. The only reason you'd want to go along with it is if you're scum trying to get miskills. Stop encouraging it if you're town.
Why is it dumb enough that were contemplating it? Just 3 posts earlier you'd state you would believe it if you were town.

tundundun

Vecna

#1850 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 am
*tinfoil hat on*

vecna starting to nail moscow on a vote of me, coupled with some nice pocketing of me, makes me a lil nervous. Also didn't see a typical vecna night 1, and now he really wants to nail bozo on something that just isn't likely.
I nailed moscow as soon as he made his first post. I was trying to garner attention to him being scum way before you voted him.

I just didnt think people were going to wagon him with me on d1 since people usually ignore me d1. As soon as I tasted that you and Kgray were interested it was go-time.

Also, what pocketing? I said you were super-easy to read, I wouldnt take that as a compliment necessarily.

As for the Bozo thing....it matches some of my suspicions, so ill squeeze it until im happy one way or the other

Vecna

#1851 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 am
summit_fever wrote:
*tinfoil hat on*

vecna starting to nail moscow on a vote of me, coupled with some nice pocketing of me, makes me a lil nervous. Also didn't see a typical vecna night 1, and now he really wants to nail bozo on something that just isn't likely.
This was me towards vecna in the last game and he was town. Man is just low key brilliant. If he survives too long it'll be suspicious anyway so this is the kind of player that will sort itself out and there's no reason to worry about it.
You also questioned me on voting vecna and I don't think he said anything.. Since M55 he hasn't rolled scum.. *shrug* if he gets to leaaholalo don't let him win.
I actually did say something. And it was partially the defenses from both MF/Durga that made me see scum mf. ;)

bozotheclown

#1852 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:15 am
summit_fever wrote:
*tinfoil hat on*

I nailed moscow as soon as he made his first post. I was trying to garner attention to him being scum way before you voted him.

I just didnt think people were going to wagon him with me on d1 since people usually ignore me d1. As soon as I tasted that you and Kgray were interested it was go-time.

Also, what pocketing? I said you were super-easy to read, I wouldnt take that as a compliment necessarily.

As for the Bozo thing....it matches some of my suspicions, so ill squeeze it until im happy one way or the other
I voted for MF as soon as I read his first post, but you assume I am his teammate.

Vecna

#1853 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:19 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:14 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:09 am
summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 am

You also questioned me on voting vecna and I don't think he said anything.. Since M55 he hasn't rolled scum.. *shrug* if he gets to leaaholalo don't let him win.
I don't get it? What do you mean I questioned you on voting Vecna? Why would he say anything?
Because he started his suspicion of moscow when moscow went to his more serious vote of me, which seemed based on my unsupported vote of vecna.
yep, this is accurate more or less

hthefourth

#1854 Post by hthefourth » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:54 am
hthefourth wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:38 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:27 am
I hardly remember the names of people I'm playing with in the moment. Also, this discussion is pointless, this is a mafia game not a diplomacy game, and there's no scummy reason for Tom to forget htf
@bozo, what were you trying to demonstrate?
That Tom probably knew who you were but pretended not to as an excuse for ignoring you.
Fair enough, I guess. I am none too thrilled for how my interactions with Tom are aging :neutral:

TheMadMonarch

#1855 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:12 am
Macca573 wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
Town:

Bozo/Bunny/Flum are lower down in confidence. Flum could very well have been looking for an exit off the moscow wagon.

---
I think it's possible Durga found a convenient method to signal being a traitor with her comments on never bussing and "Sorry team". She does make statements like that as town, but it seems reasonable she'd also look for an opportunity to signal in that manner.

Still haven't seen seth do anything I'd classify as townie. Getting on the moscow wagon right at the end with a "no ties" comment as well as being happy with it seems weak. Also, that "What's going on around here?" attitude to flash self-voting seems a little fishy to me since in his first game he saw worcej throw everything into a self vote...including forcing an eventual tie due to his selfvote.

Macca is too quiet for much more than a null from me. I really expected that loose-cannon macca style to shine as town.

Putting some pressure on worcej is a good idea. Prado's done a good job tearing through his iso.
What "loose-cannon style"? I tried to be very careful when I played scum. I'm more reckless now, but what frame of reference are you using?
You always seemed to tear things up in your first two games. Didn't see any comments on worcej bashing a mass-claim early and stuff like that. It's different and I guess I didn't expect it.
Well... it shows how much I know. I thought I was being evasive, and avoiding doing much at all.

Also, what does the 2nd sentence mean?

TheMadMonarch

#1856 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 am
Macca573 wrote:
summit_fever wrote:
Town:

---

Youre more reckless now?

Please, link us some examples of posts where you think youre being decisively more reckless this game compared to the last. Show us why u think this is the case.
I'm actually saying things in this game. I am "arguing" with you right now.

In my past games, I tried to avoid doing as much as possible. From some of the responses I'm getting, it seems I failed in this goal.

TheMadMonarch

#1857 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am

In my original read of my top 4, I labeled Bozo as my most trusted. This has certainly changed, however. I made this post about my scum reads where Bozo is listed as my least trusted.
Macca573 wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 am
@Macca who do you think are most likely to be Moscow and Tom's partners?
I definitely don't trust Bozo. I've felt bad about him for a while, and I certainly wouldn't oppose taking him out today.

Granted, I haven't met drunk bunny before, but it's not giving me good vibes.
These are the only major reads I've given all game, and no-one has called me out on it?

Vecna

#1858 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:06 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 am
The diplomacy game hthefourth mentioned that he was in with Tom ended only a month ago, I think it is suspicious that Tom twice indicated he did not know hthefourth, and hthefourth never commented on it.
He only asked if H4 was new no? As in, probably meaning new to mafia?

What was the second time?

Vecna

#1859 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:09 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:18 am
summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:14 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:09 am

I don't get it? What do you mean I questioned you on voting Vecna? Why would he say anything?
Because he started his suspicion of moscow when moscow went to his more serious vote of me, which seemed based on my unsupported vote of vecna.
And vecna didn't do much of anything night 1 while suggesting there was a lot of analysis to work through.. Then comes in day 2 really wanting to do bozo over for something that just isn't that likely.
Except 2 out of those 4 people he voted flipped scum

1 of the remaining 2 is defending the other unflipped, stating a vague townread while noone townreads that slot

And 1 made an angry "joke" asking why Bozo just kept screwing over his team.

So why isnt it likely? Why is it more unlikely that traitor Bozo just once again did a dumb gimmick?

Vecna

#1860 Post by Vecna » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 am

summit_fever wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:03 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:56 am
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:41 am
Didn't Vecna claim roleblock? I'd be almost willing to conftown him for that (the traitor is the only possibily I see) I know he's naturally very scummy and I've led many miskills on him in the past but I don't think I've ever seen scum self rb before, especially with this many PRs in a game.
Vecna claimed the RB as scum in M44.
Standard meta is to kill and roleblock your nightkill? Is vecna's day 1 going to lead to scum being very concerned he's a PR?
I was the most townread person in the game, so its not like it was going to clear me or give town any more information. Its also not like id need to use a gimmick like that as scum here.

Its interesting though that Bozo was almost waiting with that tidbit of information about me being the only one to self-roleblock as scum before. M44 is quite a while ago.