M1015 - Super Mafioso Bros

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1015 - Super Mafioso Bros

#601 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:15 am

Vecna, certainly you can come to some theory.

Take yesterday's vote. Subtract my floating back and forth. What stands out to you.

Now take it with my floating included. What stands out to you?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#602 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:40 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:28 pm
Actually, take that back.

## Unvote

As long as you're leading, you don't need me jumping on.

##Vote Jamie
I very much enjoy how you're trying to get me to keep focusing on Jamie, but I'm going to take a hard pass on that.

Your excuses for flipping your vote around are somehow even worse than the way you were doing it in the first place.
I agree with this, I think HB's posts are scummier than his votes. Can you please address why you think his flipping was scummy in the first place? I'm still not really seeing it.
Sure thing. Quick Hamilton Vote Analysis:

40 Mins til EoD:
Hamilton votes Damo, with the post "Let's make this interesting."

This makes it 4 Jamie, 3 Damo, with zero votes on HB
--
Time passes with him doing nothing more of note except asking where Bo in particular is going to put his vote
--

6 Mins til EoD:

HB votes Jamie with no reasoning whatsoever, in the post answering my question about why he was asking Bo in particular who he'd vote.

This makes it 5 Jamie, 3 Damo, with 1 vote (Summit) on HB
--
4 mins til EoD:

HB revotes Damo, once again without explanation.

This makes it 5 Damo, 3 HB, 1 Jamie, as the Jamie wagon had just collapsed.

---

@kgray

Earlier you said that that Hamilton's vote changes were just due to self-preservation. As you can clearly see, that was only the case with the final one, and in fact he switched between Damo and Jamie without ever giving reasoning for wanting either of them well before his wagon took off at the end. That is bad. The way he's scrabbled to try and find an excuse today has not made it any better, but it was bad in the first place too.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#603 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:45 am

Oh, and for additional fun.

The only times HB had mentioned Damo all game before the "Let's make this interesting" vote was to give a *townread* on him, and then to reinforce on kgray asking Vecna if he still scumread Damo.

He also never previously mentioned a scumread on Jamie, and merely asked if Jamie was going to bring a persona out. So he had *no* prior scumread on either of them before the random votes toward EoD.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#604 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:46 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 pm

It's a vanilla game and you've yet to establish yourself as a good player, so I don't have a clue. That's why I'm asking you why you think they're focusing on your moves and your decisions.
Because I am NOT a good town player; I'm nascent, and any of my miscues, mishaps, accidents can then be focused on to take heat off of the real scum?
This is so strange. All you had to do was say "you're right, bo, I was getting a little caught up. There really is no reason why the scumteam would focus on my actions over everyone else's."

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#605 Post by kgray » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:12 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:40 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:09 pm

I very much enjoy how you're trying to get me to keep focusing on Jamie, but I'm going to take a hard pass on that.

Your excuses for flipping your vote around are somehow even worse than the way you were doing it in the first place.
I agree with this, I think HB's posts are scummier than his votes. Can you please address why you think his flipping was scummy in the first place? I'm still not really seeing it.
Sure thing. Quick Hamilton Vote Analysis:

40 Mins til EoD:
Hamilton votes Damo, with the post "Let's make this interesting."

This makes it 4 Jamie, 3 Damo, with zero votes on HB
--
Time passes with him doing nothing more of note except asking where Bo in particular is going to put his vote
--

6 Mins til EoD:

HB votes Jamie with no reasoning whatsoever, in the post answering my question about why he was asking Bo in particular who he'd vote.

This makes it 5 Jamie, 3 Damo, with 1 vote (Summit) on HB
--
4 mins til EoD:

HB revotes Damo, once again without explanation.

This makes it 5 Damo, 3 HB, 1 Jamie, as the Jamie wagon had just collapsed.

---

@kgray

Earlier you said that that Hamilton's vote changes were just due to self-preservation. As you can clearly see, that was only the case with the final one, and in fact he switched between Damo and Jamie without ever giving reasoning for wanting either of them well before his wagon took off at the end. That is bad. The way he's scrabbled to try and find an excuse today has not made it any better, but it was bad in the first place too.
Thanks HR. You're right, he doesn't give much explanation with his votes, and didn't seem to be scumreading either prior to EOD. If Jamie is town then I could certainly see a world where scum!Hamilton didn't care which of the two died. But really, I don't see that as being that much more likely than town!Hamilton just being confused.

As a note, I only ever thought his last vote was for self-preservation, not all of them. The first switch to Jamie I thought could be seen as preventing a tie. I don't think ties are generally good for town, and they can be really helpful for scum (potentially saving a teammate, depriving town of info, etc). So when Hamilton made the vote 5 on Jamie, 3 on damo (breaking the tie) it didn't raise any alarms for me. What does concern me about it is the explanation he gave about wanting to force scum to try to break a tie, which doesn't make any sense to me at all, especially since he's the one who broke the tie...

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#606 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:08 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:46 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:55 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:52 pm

It's a vanilla game and you've yet to establish yourself as a good player, so I don't have a clue. That's why I'm asking you why you think they're focusing on your moves and your decisions.
Because I am NOT a good town player; I'm nascent, and any of my miscues, mishaps, accidents can then be focused on to take heat off of the real scum?
This is so strange. All you had to do was say "you're right, bo, I was getting a little caught up. There really is no reason why the scumteam would focus on my actions over everyone else's."
Are you insinuating anything here? What's strange? You're actually actively misinterpreting what I've said.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#607 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:12 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:45 am
Oh, and for additional fun.

The only times HB had mentioned Damo all game before the "Let's make this interesting" vote was to give a *townread* on him, and then to reinforce on kgray asking Vecna if he still scumread Damo.

He also never previously mentioned a scumread on Jamie, and merely asked if Jamie was going to bring a persona out. So he had *no* prior scumread on either of them before the random votes toward EoD.
I found where I did. No, it wasn't an outright "They're scum and here's why." But you're being dishonest to suggest I never previously suggested it.

You trying to tunnel me SO hard...to what end? To what end.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#608 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 am

What do you think about all of this Macca?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#609 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 am

Since we're done voting based on post count, where are rdrivera and summit?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#610 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 am

Add Macca to the scumreads. Slippin’ away, dodgin’ the questions.

Damn it, we’re supposed to be making it easy to read one another as town. Not this dog-pile we’re walking through.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#611 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:27 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 am
Wondering that.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#612 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:27 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wondering that.
Really? What else are you wondering?

TheMadMonarch

#613 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:25 am
Add Macca to the scumreads. Slippin’ away, dodgin’ the questions.

Damn it, we’re supposed to be making it easy to read one another as town. Not this dog-pile we’re walking through.
I leave my computer open to this webpage, so it saying I'm online is no guarantee that I am.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#614 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wondering that.
Wondering where you’ve been; wondering if you have a conclusion or a hypothesis. Something to counter the current wagons.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#615 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:49 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
I had a busy day at work and a great night playing tennis now that the club is finally open (it was closed since April cause the pandemic).

But I read all the 3 pages of hard activities you produced. Weird that Jamiet didn't notice Vecna's obvious soft claim even without looking the YouTube link, but why scum Jamiet would fake this? Can't see him trying to gain town cred with a think like this.

I don't like HB today. This "I am lost, what should we do" scene is hard to believe after him playing pretty well last full game. Could HR push on him be a theater/buss? If this is true there is a deep covered scum and I wrong about Macca. Stiil less likely I think, but something to consider.

TheMadMonarch

#616 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:49 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 am
What do you think about all of this Macca?
Very confused.

Although that stems from reading Hellenic Riot (HR) and Hamilton Brian (HB) so much, and now my brain is struggling to differentiate the two.

TheMadMonarch

#617 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:49 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
I had a busy day at work and a great night playing tennis now that the club is finally open (it was closed since April cause the pandemic).

But I read all the 3 pages of hard activities you produced. Weird that Jamiet didn't notice Vecna's obvious soft claim even without looking the YouTube link, but why scum Jamiet would fake this? Can't see him trying to gain town cred with a think like this.

I don't like HB today. This "I am lost, what should we do" scene is hard to believe after him playing pretty well last full game. Could HR push on him be a theater/buss? If this is true there is a deep covered scum and I wrong about Macca. Stiil less likely I think, but something to consider.
Is you being wrong about me meaning I'm scum or town?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#618 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:48 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:39 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

Wondering that.
Wondering where you’ve been; wondering if you have a conclusion or a hypothesis. Something to counter the current wagons.
I just gave my thoughts on my last post. I am happy with the current wagons so I don't see a reason to counter them.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#619 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:

Town. I made an hypothesis earlier that you are scum with HR because of the way you disappeared and because of the way HR reacted to Summit push on you. But I can't see a scumteam with you, HR and HB, so if HB is scum with HR you are probably town.
A bit convoluted when I wrote it, but it makes sense on my mind.

Now, goodnight.

TheMadMonarch

#620 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:58 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 am
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Town. I made an hypothesis earlier that you are scum with HR because of the way you disappeared and because of the way HR reacted to Summit push on you. But I can't see a scumteam with you, HR and HB, so if HB is scum with HR you are probably town.
A bit convoluted when I wrote it, but it makes sense on my mind.

Now, goodnight.
Night!