wD Mafia Master Post

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: wD Mafia Master Post

#921 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:25 am

#end

worcej

#922 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 am
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:45 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:47 am
So brainbomb has decided that he is no longer interested in co-GMing, in a very helpful, descriptive and very profoundly thought explaining message going something like "im not interested in this. find someone else" (definitely not a verbatim quote).

So in short I'm going to need someone slightly more consistent to replace brainbomb as co-GM. No rush, I have barely half a setup and it's probably still 6 months out, but sign up if you'd be interested in a funky setup which may involve shopping.
I'll do it. It'll be fun, the two of us!
I don't know if it's wise to have two first time GM's in the same timezone with school-affected schedules unfortunately. Maybe next time. For now I'll pencil in worcej as co-GM.
Thinking this through - should darg or Jamie be the co-GM since we want a Kouncil member on each game?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#923 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Macca573 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:45 am

I'll do it. It'll be fun, the two of us!
I don't know if it's wise to have two first time GM's in the same timezone with school-affected schedules unfortunately. Maybe next time. For now I'll pencil in worcej as co-GM.
Thinking this through - should darg or Jamie be the co-GM since we want a Kouncil member on each game?
We do not usually require one of the Kouncil to be on the GM team. At least one of us is usually available as an 'ininvolved backup/judge.' We DO try to have one of us not playing. I think you'll be a big help, if you want to do it.

worcej

#924 Post by worcej » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:47 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 am
BobMcBob wrote:

We do not usually require one of the Kouncil to be on the GM team. At least one of us is usually available as an 'ininvolved backup/judge.' We DO try to have one of us not playing. I think you'll be a big help, if you want to do it.
I'll do it to take some workload off of you/Jamie and Bob/myself will consult with you actively.

Jamiet99uk

#925 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:10 am

Councilperson Jamie the T Note:

Hellenic Riot is the lead GM for Mafia 66. Dargorygel and I have HR's proposed setup (thanks HR) and the review process ought to be completed over the next few days.

HR has indicated an intended start date of around about 18th / 19th April. If someone wants to run a mini-game in the meantime that ought to be ok as long as it starts by, say, 7th April. If anyone does want to run a mini game (which by webDip standards should be a relatively straightforward game with up to 12 player slots) then please let us know.

jasnah

#926 Post by jasnah » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 am

As mentioned in the M65 EOG I'd run a One Night Ultimate Werewolf round if there is sufficient interest.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#927 Post by dargorygel » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:02 pm

jasnah wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 am
As mentioned in the M65 EOG I'd run a One Night Ultimate Werewolf round if there is sufficient interest.
Mini games are often LESS 'supervised' than regular games. If you send Jamie and I a summary, we'd be happy to examine. (Particularly if you want the bot involved. Tricky games are often tricky bot problems.)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#928 Post by Chaqa » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm

I suppose EMC and I should actually start getting the proposal together for M69.

It's going to be my last big hurrah as a GM, I think.

brainbomb

#929 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:39 pm

SPAM:
Spamming (defined as excessive content-free posting, excessive posting regarding subjects irrelevant to the game, over-sized posts that are not relevant to game, or quoting over-sized posts that are not relevant to the game) is not subject to mod-kill by rule in this game, but the GM reserves the right under Rule 0 to sanction any particularly egregious examples. The in-game voting mechanic exists to curb any advantage that spamming as a tactic may confer; please reference the “VOTING” section below for more information.

A number of players called for me to be banned for spamming this game. spamming is a very open to interpretation penalty

brainbomb

#930 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:40 pm

the way the spam rule is written implies that the onus of responsibility falls on the players to end hammer and self police egregious examples

brainbomb

#931 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:41 pm

the gm decides what crosses the line in this instance

brainbomb

#932 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:42 pm

if I were gm, and a player wanted the phase to end. id let them quote the entire king james mother fuckin bible and if players dont hammer thats on them

brainbomb

#933 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm

darg and jamie our council members had two different interoretations

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#934 Post by dargorygel » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:08 pm

While Jamie and I publicly expressed different views... the difference is not all that great. Jamie seemed to see spamming as auto-illegal... and I did not. However, his comments in the game MIGHT have been a part of his gameplay.

It is not , however, the job of the room to police egregious examples of spamming. It is particularly the role of GM to step in when the spam is egregious. From the rules: but the GM reserves the right under Rule 0 to sanction any particularly egregious examples.

The issue then, becomes what IS over-the-top. As a GM in the game, what i saw seemed over-the-top. Not because of the content of the spam, but because of the volume.

To me, it seemed that the volume became a distraction to the rest of the game. Even for me, scrolling through, wondering if and where I would find hammer votes was too difficult.

Silly spamming as a way to draw a hammer is one thing. I would not, as a GM have stepped in to police that.

But I believe I was in order to ask brainbomb to stop.

There was no danger of brain being banned for spamming.

UNLESS he refused to stop.

Clearly, our rules have established that spamming, however annoying, is not worthy of a ban. Continuing to spam after a GM request to stop, might be.

Jamiet99uk

#935 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm
I suppose EMC and I should actually start getting the proposal together for M69.

It's going to be my last big hurrah as a GM, I think.
What happened to that "Among Us" themed game you and PE were designing?

brainbomb

#936 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:41 pm

the rule makes town have the control and then totally shirks that same requirement in the preceeding paragraph

brainbomb

#937 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 pm

the town decides when spamming has gone too far and the gm decides when the town has to actually decide if they need to decide or not

come on darg

brainbomb

#938 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:04 pm

describe for me a situation where a player was spamming just enough that it was driving town insane but not enough that the gm felt it necessary to intervene?

Jamiet99uk

#939 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Thank you for your comments, Brainbomb.

Now that the game has ended, I am happy to give my views on the matter.

1. First of all I think most humans would agree that you did in the past game 100% fits the definition of "spamming" in the rule that you have quoted.

2. The manner in which you flooded the thread with spam was extremely unsporting and came across as a deliberate attempt to spoil the game for other players and cause aggravation because you were exposed as Mafia and likely about to be voted out. Effectively you appeared to be doing it to punish everyone else in the game because you were doing badly. Not a very nice way to behave.

3. In my view, your spam posts were sufficiently lengthy and numerous, blocking up multiple pages of the game and making gameplay impossible for everyone else, that they would represent an "egregious example" of spamming, thus justifying some form of GM sanction.

4. Dargorygel, in his role as co-GM, intervened and asked you to stop. This was the correct thing to do and I endorse Darg's handling of the situation. If the GM has to intervene by sending you a PM telling you to stop doing something in the thread, this is a pretty clear indication that you are doing something you should not be doing.

5. Had you ignored Dargorygel's request and continued to post multiple long spam posts, then at that point, removing you from the game would have been an entirely reasonable further sanction, had a GM felt this necessary.

Like I say, I fully endorse Dargorygel's handling of this issue. Your behaviour was out of line and you should learn to control yourself in future.

However you are absolutely right to point out that the current wording of the rule on spamming is potentially confusing or open to conflicting interpretations. We will therefore look to re-word it before the next game takes place. Thanks for pointing out that this rule needs tidying up, Brain.

Jamiet99uk

#940 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Note:

Dargorygel and I are taking a look at Jasnah's proposed mini-game setup (thanks Jasnah) and you may be able to sign up for a mini, if you're really missing the game already, in the next day or so.

(That's code for "it will probably take until tomorrow for us to review it and check over any queries with Jasnah" ).