Mafia 56: Scout Camp

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Mafia 56: Scout Camp

#1 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:41 pm

Mafia 56 - Scout Camp

*I apologize for a rather uninspired flavor, I couldn't think of another great flavor that would match this set up well.

Start Date: June 8th
Phase Deadlines: 5pm EST
Phases: 48/24
Setup: 20 players (15 Town, 5 Mafia)

Flavor: Another summer come, another Boy Scout Troop ready to go to Scout Camp. A whole week full of camping, hiking, cooking over a fire, and earning as many merit badges as possible. It sounds pretty great at first. But inevitably, Scouts get dirty and tired and hungry. And these dirty scouts are the ones that always cause the problems. In an effort to have a more pleasant camping experience, you have decided to send home any scout that you think is too dirty. This should save you some trouble during your week at Scout Camp.

Special Game Rules:

When a player is sent home, their full role will not be revealed. Their alignment (dirty/clean) will be revealed, but their powers (if they have any) will not be revealed.

Each player except the Scoutmaster (and one other player since we have an even number of players) will be assigned a buddy at the beginning of the game (all praise the buddy system). These buddies are integral to the mechanics of the game. Buddies will be allowed to communicate privately with each other during day phases. They will not be allowed to communicate at night. Buddies will be assigned randomly, meaning that your buddy could be any alignment (town/town, mafia/town, mafia/mafia). If your buddy dies, you may later be reassigned a new buddy. If 3 players in the game are without buddies (besides the Scoutmaster), two of them will be randomly selected and will be made buddies. Note that it is likely in your best interest to keep your buddy secret due to a special NK mechanic.

There are several roles labeled A or B. These roles will be controlled by a switch, which is maintained by a corresponding patrol leader. The switches will begin set to A. Each night, a patrol leader can choose to flip their switch. If a player is 'switched off', their action will automatically fail. If a patrol leader is killed, their switch is permanently set to whatever it was at the time they were killed, for the duration of the game. Town players will not be told whether they are A or B in their role PM. For example, the two First Aid Experts will receive identical role PMS.

Town Roles:
Scoutmaster - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. Each night, you will choose a watcher and a target. The watcher and their buddy (if they have one) will receive a message telling them whether the target scanned as clean or dirty. They will not know who the target is. You cannot assign yourself to be on watch. If you are roleblocked, no one will be on watch, and you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed. If the target of the watch is sent home, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed. If no one was able to watch, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Senior Patrol Leader - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. Each night, you may choose 1 player. You will be told whether their buddy scans as clean or dirty. You cannot self target. If the player you choose has no buddy, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed. If you are roleblocked, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Quartermaster - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. Each night, you may choose 1 player. You will be told who that player's partner is. If the player you choose has no partner, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed. If you are roleblocked, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

First Aid Expert A/First Aid Expert B - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. Each night, you may choose 1 player. If that player is sent home, you will prevent that from happening. If you are set to 'off' by a patrol leader, you are roleblocked, or your target was not targeted to be sent home, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Troop Cool Guy A/Troop Cool Guy B - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. You have three abilities at your disposal during the game. You may use each ability only once, and only one ability per night. You have one silly spray (Roleblock). You have one first aid kit (Prevents yourself from being sent home). You have one tape recorder - choose a target at night. If you are sent home, the scoutmaster will receive a scan on that player. If the scoutmaster is sent home, the result will be posted in thread. If any of your actions fail for any reason, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

The Good Patrol Leader - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home. You are in charge of the switch controlling between 'Brown Noser' (A) and 'Prankster' (B). Your switch begins set to 'Brown Noser' (A). Each night you can choose to flip your switch. The role that is not selected by your switch will automatically fail.

7x Tenderfoot Scout (VT) - You are aligned with town and scan as clean. You win when all mafia aligned players are sent home.

Mafia Team:
The mafia team has a factional ability to send someone home (NK), and a factional roleblock. 1 player will be assigned to perform each, and a player cannot perform both the nightkill and the roleblock. The roleblock will stop all night actions from working, except for the Troop Cool Guy(s).
The mafia team can also attempt a double kill in place of the nightkill and roleblock. To perform a double kill, the mafia team will select two targets. If these two players are buddies, they will both be sent home. However, if they are not buddies, neither player is sent home. One mafia member will perform both kills. If either the kill or roleblock or double kill fails for any reason, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Individual Mafia Roles:
First Aid Patrol Leader - You are aligned with mafia and scan as dirty. You win when all town aligned players have been sent home, or nothing can prevent you from reaching this point. You are in charge of the switch controlling between First Aid Expert A and First Aid Expert B. Your switch begins set to First Aid Expert A. Each night you can choose to flip your switch. The role that is not selected by your switch will automatically fail.

Cool Guy Patrol Leader - You are aligned with mafia and scan as dirty. You win when all town aligned players have been sent home, or nothing can prevent you from reaching this point. You are in charge of the switch controlling between Troop Cool Guy A and B. Your switch begins set to Cool Guy A. Each night you can choose to flip your switch. The role that is not selected by your switch will automatically fail.

Brown Noser - You are aligned with mafia and scan as dirty. You win when all town aligned players have been sent home, or nothing can prevent you from reaching this point. Each night you may select a player. That player will scan as clean for that night. If your action fails for any reason, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Prankster - You are aligned with mafia and scan as dirty. You win when all town aligned players have been sent home, or nothing can prevent you from reaching this point. Each night you may select a player. That player will scan as dirty for that night. If your action fails for any reason, you will receive a message alerting you that your action failed.

Dirty Lazy Scout - You are aligned with mafia and scan as dirty. You win when all town aligned players have been sent home, or nothing can prevent you from reaching this point. You have no additional powers.

Order of operations:
Cool Guy Patrol Leader
Cool Guy A/B
Mafia Factional RB
First Aid Patrol Leader / Good Patrol Leader
Any NKs and Protectives
Brown Noser / Prankster
Any investigatives
Reassign Buddies if Needed

Note that the Brown Noser / Prankster acts after the Cool Guy, meaning that a tape recorder result is tamper proof. NK and day vote flips are also tamper proof (they cannot be altered by mafia roles). Also note that buddies are only reassigned after all other night actions, and only happen once a day/night cycle.

--------------------------------------------------------
Please Do Not Post, game has not yet begun.
--------------------------------------------------------

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Mafia 56: Scout Camp

#2 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Alphabatized Player List:

BismarckAlive
BobMcBob
bozo
brainbomb
Chaqa
damo666
Donny Dude
Durga
e.m.c
flash2015
Hellenic Riot
JF1981
Macca573
rdrivera
summit
TheFlyingBoat
TheRealCottonmouth
Vecna
worcej
xorxes

I will now be sending out role PMs. I apologize, but we likely will not start right on time. I will post here when it is okay to post. I will be sending you your role and buddy (if you have one). I will not be sending out links for any qts right away, but will do that at the very beginning of the game after the game has begun.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#3 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Continue to Not Post Until I Say Otherwise. Thanks

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#4 Post by Squigs44 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Okay, All Role PMs have been sent out. You may now post. I will send out all QTs shortly.

Flavor:
The troop arrived at Camp Fairweather with high hopes and lots of energy (this was probably due to the Mt Dews that were smuggled by one of the older scouts). The troop loaded up with their packs and began the hike up to their campsite. Camp Fairweather was an apt name, the sun was shining, but the trees provided ample shade and a cool breeze occasionally rustled through the trees. This was going to be a week full of fun. No dirty tired lazy hungry scouts were going to ruin this scout camp.

e.m.c^42

#5 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:28 pm

There's some joke here about getting dirty at a camp like this, but it's not coming to mind.

e.m.c^42

#6 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm

But anyways; how naughty of you, Squigs, to choose flavour like this. I didn't know you had it in you, am impressed.

e.m.c^42

#7 Post by e.m.c^42 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:33 pm

...that was not meant to be a pun

Donny Dude

#8 Post by Donny Dude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:34 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:33 pm
...that was not meant to be a pun
Pun da pun da pun!!!!

brainbomb

#9 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kguIY09YjUc

dont be afraid to use your nails boys

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#10 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:36 pm

This game I am going to do something original for my first post.

Oh wait, who am I kidding?:

##VOTE Brainbomb

Donny Dude

#11 Post by Donny Dude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:37 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:36 pm
This game I am going to do something original for my first post.

Oh wait, who am I kidding?:

##VOTE Brainbomb
Seriously?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:38 pm

It is tradition. You can't mess with tradition. Now get off my lawn!

BobMcBob

#13 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Hello there folks! I am now here!

Donny Dude

#14 Post by Donny Dude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:42 pm

Hello Bob!

K I have left your strange barren 'lawn' that full of trees and leaves.
I am moving my tent away from yours.

BobMcBob

#15 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:44 pm

You don't own any ground in this camp flash, this is commercial land! It is our lawn!

Donny Dude

#16 Post by Donny Dude » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 pm

The forest is our true commons, let them be preserved for eternity

Vecna

#17 Post by Vecna » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:50 pm

odd gamestart time.

I havent checked my role pm yet

brainbomb

#18 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:51 pm