Mafia 56: Scout Camp

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Donny Dude

Re: Mafia 56: Scout Camp

#341 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 pm
I think it was pretty obvious I was biased against a massclaim since the signups Bozo. Trying to convince people its a shit idea and using arguments to get my way had to make place for something else since the whining wasnt going to go away and I felt I probably had already given away that I was a PR anyway.

And yes, VTs need to learn to stfu sometimes and not try to make the game about them when they didnt roll the fun roles for once. Once you make people take a stance, the people that are PRs are -much more likely- to be against it. Which you bloody well know, so unless you can convince me youre town im getting you lynched.

The combination of PTs and these power roles had a lot of opportunities for fun plays this game. All of that is ruined now because people just cannot just play a setup for once the way its intended and have to be tryhard all the time.
Are we just cannon fodder then so prs can figure it out?
So I should contribute nothing and say nothing then?

Vecna

#342 Post by Vecna » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Youre misunderstanding my post completely Donny.

It was aimed at Bozo and Damo for forcing people to talk about massclaims and just instantly claiming VT.

Donny Dude

#343 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:19 pm
Youre misunderstanding my post completely Donny.

It was aimed at Bozo and Damo for forcing people to talk about massclaims and just instantly claiming VT.
Alright Vecna.
Just felt like you were saying that ignoring half of town because prs should be the only ones to enjoy playing the game and that others had nothing to contribute.
I feel your frustration though on Damo as he is rubbing me the wrong way. Bozo I don't have a read on yet.

Durga

#344 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:09 pm
##unvote Xorxes

You clearly havent broken enough setups yet for the novelty to wear off and for it to get boring. There is only opposition and stubborness ahead, and were probably going to end up mislynching some towny today that is flat-out refusing.

Anyways, lets see where this goes. Ill not be the one to be difficult for once (or anymore than I have already).

I claim PR.
Holy shit you caved so fast for someone who was hard vetoing a mass claim lmao what Vecna

Durga

#345 Post by Durga » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:29 pm
Just because two people had actually claimed doesnt mean there werent a few more advocating for it.

I felt myself get annoyed at Xorxes and Damo. Either I was going to get angry and engage them in a toxic fight and be stubborn and reduce town's odds of getting a positive outcome of this situation where they had already jumped the gun, or just change my mind and help them execute a plan. I think I chose the better option.

Also, there is no need for you to be overly worried about my situation. Im a big boy and I can take care of myself.
HR has a point, I do not know how you went from this:

"Right now, scum is 5/20 players. We increase our odds of lynching scum by 5-8% by sacrificing nearly all PR potential we have. A very bad deal. On top of ruining another mafia game by making it boring."

to this:

"Setups like this are inherently flawed. Scum does not have daychat. They can not coordinate on how to handle this properly on day1. I see the town upside to it, but I feel it is a boring and cheesy way to solve the game."
This kind of inconsistency actually does make me lean town on Vecna tho. I don't see the benefit of doing this as scum.

Btw I'm VT

xorxes

#346 Post by xorxes » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
I think it was pretty obvious I was biased against a massclaim since the signups Bozo. Trying to convince people its a shit idea and using arguments to get my way had to make place for something else since the whining wasnt going to go away and I felt I probably had already given away that I was a PR anyway.

And yes, VTs need to learn to stfu sometimes and not try to make the game about them when they didnt roll the fun roles for once. Once you make people take a stance, the people that are PRs are -much more likely- to be against it. Which you bloody well know, so unless you can convince me youre town im getting you lynched.

The combination of PTs and these power roles had a lot of opportunities for fun plays this game. All of that is ruined now because people just cannot just play a setup for once the way its intended and have to be tryhard all the time.
Is this an indirect VT claim?

JF1981

#347 Post by JF1981 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Its not easy joining as a noob and some more experienced players pile in with terminology, votes, the setup of the game is different now to what is was initially (mafia/cops) etc

##vote bozo

no offence but it is just a holding vote until i properly read the 18 pages and make a decision. dont want to miss a vote- can always change it im told

Donny Dude

#348 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Yes, I am VT.
I should mention that I will be offline for awhile I think, I mentioned this in the signups, but am not sure if I am going yet today.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#349 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:17 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:07 pm
I can't say the turn looks good but at the same time I don't see this as something scum!Vecna would do. It ain't his style much, y'know?
I don't see why the turn doesn't look good, could you explain on your own words?

I think Vecna knows that massclaim statistically improves town odds, he just doesn't like massclaims. I feel the same way, I didn't want to push this because I also dislike it, but we can't ignore.

I am townreading Xorxes for pushing this and Vecna for following and to a lesser extent Damo too (just because he claimed VT). Bozo is harder to sort, I don't believe he could not push the massclaim thing even if he is scum, so he is null until now.

Donny Dude

#350 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm
xorxes wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:

Yes, I am VT.
I should mention that I will be offline for awhile I think, I mentioned this in the signups, but am not sure if I am going yet today.
Turns out I am going ,so will leave this here as a bookmark for myself. See you all in the evening pst time.

xorxes

#351 Post by xorxes » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:19 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:16 pm
xorxes wrote:
Donny Dude wrote:

Yes, I am VT.
Sigh... In this case I will have to downgrade you to null, because my townread of you was based on something you said making me think you were a PR... That's too bad.

bozotheclown

#352 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Vecna wrote:

1. I do not base my decision on the value of a mass claim on whether I am a PR or VT.

2. In my opinion VT is the best role.

3. There are 8 PRs, most are going to have an opportunity to use their role to contribute.

worcej

#353 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:40 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:39 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:57 pm
xorxes wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Are you serious? why would we prefer scum to kill two townies at a time and give up our shot at lynching scum?
Why not - let a few days run off and remove 3 town pairs. It'll be 8-5 at that point.
Really? Why would this be good for Town? Worcej scum-slipped by following this bait and burying himself with it.

##Unvote
##vote Worcej
Wait, so you think I am that bad at scum to slip on something like this?

*slow clap*

Great hunting skills Bismarck. You cracked your case alright...

bozotheclown

#354 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:41 pm

PR: xorxes, Vecna, flash, emc
VT: damo, rdrivera, HR, bozo, Durga, Donny

bozotheclown

#355 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:36 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:38 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 pm
Right, so forcing our PR's to expose themselves (minus a letter for some of them) is worth it for 8 clears and 12 unknowns?

If you're willing to do that, why don't we just no lynch and claim our buddies? Scum can slowly pick off two of us and narrow down the pool that way instead.
I assume this is a joke.
Also, bozo is feeling extremely tone-dead and is likely scum this game
Can you explain this comment? Do you think this was a legitimate strategy worcej was suggesting?

worcej

#356 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:45 pm

BismarckAlive wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:10 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:53 pm
We know there are 10 buddy pairs, of which most likely 4 contain a scum (assumes one is S-S, the rest are S-T)
Not sure if worcej being so careless with these numbers means he is more likely town or scum. I'm leaning town.
Interesting...I lean scum. Worcej is way too cunning. He was trying to fuel the massclaim car by making it sound better...
Where did I fuel a massclaim? Was it these posts?
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:43 pm
I hate mass claims, first and foremost, so take that into consideration as I address this:

I imagine we will generate a group of people claiming PR, which will be higher than 8, and also a group of non-PRs, forcing the lynches in the non-PR group as the scum kill off PR players.

This situation reminds me of the Kitsune game - where we had people claim PR or not-PR. I intentionally claimed PR as a scum GF to try to muddy the waters. My gut says 2/5 'dirty boys' will claim PR to hide out in as they slowly thin the town PR claims.
worcej wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:47 pm
worcej wrote:
I hate mass claims, first and foremost, so take that into consideration as I address this:

I imagine we will generate a group of people claiming PR, which will be higher than 8, and also a group of non-PRs, forcing the lynches in the non-PR group as the scum kill off PR players.

This situation reminds me of the Kitsune game - where we had people claim PR or not-PR. I intentionally claimed PR as a scum GF to try to muddy the waters. My gut says 2/5 'dirty boys' will claim PR to hide out in as they slowly thin the town PR claims.
If we claim the exact role they can't do that. Only the Doc A and B should claim only Doc to have a 50/50 to not be roleblocked.
Right, so forcing our PR's to expose themselves (minus a letter for some of them) is worth it for 8 clears and 12 unknowns?

If you're willing to do that, why don't we just no lynch and claim our buddies? Scum can slowly pick off two of us and narrow down the pool that way instead.
worcej wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 am
Vecna wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:07 pm
I already stated in the signups I would hardveto a massclaim. So lets not waste 30 pages discussing the merits abd just play proper mafia instead of what the setup
Agreed.
If you're going to try to put words in my mouth, please do better next time.

worcej

#357 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:36 am
bozotheclown wrote:

I assume this is a joke.
Also, bozo is feeling extremely tone-dead and is likely scum this game
Can you explain this comment? Do you think this was a legitimate strategy worcej was suggesting?
Better question now that I see this: bozo, do you think I was actually pitching a legit strategy?

worcej

#358 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:23 am
"When a player is sent home, their full role will not be revealed. Their alignment (dirty/clean) will be revealed, but their powers (if they have any) will not be revealed."

This is why we should mass claim PR or VT D1. Depending on how many players claim PR, we can decide the best time for PRs to claim their exact role to quickly eliminate any scum claiming PR.
Again - scum are going to spread out. You will have 10-ish PR's and 10-ish VTs. What do you do with that information as town?

worcej

#359 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:50 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 am
worcej wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 pm

True, I forgot the no role reveal. But I think scum will also not know what roles the NK had, so it will be hard for them to claim a PR.

The more scum claiming PR, the better.
Explain why? If all 5 claim PR, you have 13 people to sort out.

The only way it's 'better' is you start forcing people to actually claim their roles, which gives scum the ability to game the PR's with their switches and kills to neutralize abilities.

worcej

#360 Post by worcej » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:51 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:47 pm
worcej wrote:

If we claim the exact role they can't do that. Only the Doc A and B should claim only Doc to have a 50/50 to not be roleblocked.
The A and B roles are not informed if they are A or B.
How do you know this?