Forum Public Press Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Post Reply
Message
Author
e.m.c^42
Posts: 6320
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1725

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#101 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 am

The Turk most violently protests against the idea of any variation of Lepanto.

France, Germany, what are the chances at getting y'all to successfully Triple or move against the middle? Russia, if you're by any chance related to JMO, let me know on if you're open to working together - especially with the way that England has been friendly with France, since it doesn't look good for you.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 6320
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1725

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#102 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:54 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:39 am
Definitely vetoing the idea of bouncing in Tyrolia. Tyrolia is worthless and I am more than happy to leave it open and top help Austria with any form of lepanto they desire.
Italy? C'mon man, don't blow off the possibility of us staying friendly lol

Sure, Italy/Turkey is fiendish to pull off, but there's nothing that says we have to actively fight each other from the start.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 6320
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1725

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#103 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:56 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am
All this EC DMZ talk has me thinking England is just blowing smoke and is going to screw me over and go EC. It's gonna be really hard to trust anything this game
I mean, it does serve as a good test though, to eliminate who could be England and who isn't if you get people to explicitly state one way or the other before phase change.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 6320
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1725

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#104 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:00 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:56 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am
All this EC DMZ talk has me thinking England is just blowing smoke and is going to screw me over and go EC. It's gonna be really hard to trust anything this game
I mean, it does serve as a good test though, to eliminate who could be England and who isn't if you get people to explicitly state one way or the other before phase change.
So, in the spirit of starting it off, I'm explicitly saying yes, DMZ instead of bounce.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 792

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#105 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:20 am

e.m.c, if you're going to be pretending to be both England and Turkey, I will choose to believe you're neither.

Having heard nothing from the real Turkey or Russia, I will continue on with my plans for the blue water with Austria.
1

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2854
Contact:

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#106 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:48 am

I don't think breaking anonymity is a good strategy so I will not disclose my country, but I think making clear asks for bounces and supports of different countries that would work out well for me is a reasonable way to go about this and I recommend it for everyone. It's a lot easier to believe then people claiming to be 4 countries at once.
1

Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 3723
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: OKC
Karma: 1975

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#107 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:56 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am
All this EC DMZ talk has me thinking England is just blowing smoke and is going to screw me over and go EC. It's gonna be really hard to trust anything this game
I mean, it does serve as a good test though, to eliminate who could be England and who isn't if you get people to explicitly state one way or the other before phase change.
In a game of normal diplomacy, there are several cases where lying about a DMZ or bounce could favor you, so what people say and what moves show up isn't going to explicitly help me discover who the real England is like you say. I'll just have to trust that whoever they are, they honor the EC DMZ.
1

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2854
Contact:

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#108 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:07 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:01 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:56 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:49 am
All this EC DMZ talk has me thinking England is just blowing smoke and is going to screw me over and go EC. It's gonna be really hard to trust anything this game
I mean, it does serve as a good test though, to eliminate who could be England and who isn't if you get people to explicitly state one way or the other before phase change.
In a game of normal diplomacy, there are several cases where lying about a DMZ or bounce could favor you, so what people say and what moves show up isn't going to explicitly help me discover who the real England is like you say. I'll just have to trust that whoever they are, they honor the EC DMZ.
I'm not kidding, a bounce in the EC is required for stability in the west and to prevent the east from taking advantage. Please do not trust a dmz on either side.
1

ItsHosuke
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am
Karma: 58

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#109 Post by ItsHosuke » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am

Привет, Fools. I am the true czar of Russia.

@Minister @The Minister Do both of you know each other in real life? Or are your pseudonyms of complete coincidence? I admit it gets a little confusing at times.

To the Sultan of Turkey, the Lepanto sounds quite threatening, to be frank. I believe we would have to form a counter-alliance. Much like those the Great Powers have done for a while. Whether to hold joint military training in Black Sea or to allow our fleets to sail to open seas is your choice.

We also heard that ice skiing is the new rage in the snowy mountains in Innsbruck. Maybe Germany, Italy and Austria will all have their armies meet up there?
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 792

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#110 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:03 am

My good Russian friend, the blue water Lepanto is not threatening to you at all. It just means Italian armies can shake hands with good Russian soldiers in person in Anatolia.

As for Innsbruck, we stay away from there nowadays since the breakout of a deadly disease there. I would advise no one to move there
1

ItsHosuke
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am
Karma: 58

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#111 Post by ItsHosuke » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:21 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:03 am
My good Russian friend, the blue water Lepanto is not threatening to you at all. It just means Italian armies can shake hands with good Russian soldiers in person in Anatolia.

As for Innsbruck, we stay away from there nowadays since the breakout of a deadly disease there. I would advise no one to move there
Oh, hello my dear Italian friend. I admit that I am not quite familiar with the Blue Water Lepanto and had to consult intelligence to understand it. And it appears that it is more of a pro-Austrian opening than a pro-Italian one, so why are you advocating for it? (Please forgive me if I'm wrong, the mention of the word "water" is only constantly reminding me of the lack of Russian warm water ports.)

I also may or may not be considering moving into Galicia, due to a lack of verified correspondence from Vienna in order to fully incorporate Rumania into the Russian Empire.
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 792

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#112 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:52 am

There are plenty of warm water ports along the Black Sea you can pull your fleets into that I'm sure will be welcomed by Vienna and myself.

As for why my moveset? Public press has the unique advantage of punishing those who would betray trust. Should Vienna blindside me, it will be done in the open and nobody shall trust their word again. It's indeed less risky than trying it in full press
1

Claesar
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1450

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#113 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:52 am

I would like to repeat my previous message. It's non-negotiable. And I promise you I'm in this game.
I announce a DMZ of the following territories:

North Atlantic Ocean, Heligoland Bight, Gulf of Lyon, Western Med, Silesia, Galicia, Amenia, Eastern Med.

Anyone who enters one of these provinces will immediately receive a declaration of war from me.
Furthermore, if anyone wishes to negotiate with me they can do so (in this thread). I will reply to all messages directly addressed to me, though I will not reveal which country I am as there's no way to prove this yet.

So, if you post "Claesar, can we work together and do [something].." I will reply. If you post "[Country], let's do ..." I won't reply even if I'm governing that country.
1

Claesar
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1450

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#114 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:56 am

Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 pm
... And a DMZ in Galicia is plain nonsense.
You must not be Russia or Austria then, as a DMZ in Galicia in beneficial to both of them.

You're playing with fire here. My wrath is not something you wish to invoke! :x
1

Claesar
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1450

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#115 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:53 pm
I accept all except for the DMZ in Eastern Med. I really want to be in Eastern Med in Fall 01.
I do not appreciate being mocked. Only Italy can reach Eastern Med in F01 and on that turn moving to Aegean is strictly superior.
1

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 pm
Karma: 792

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#116 Post by goldfinger0303 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 am

I'll just note it's not superior to move to Aegean if you're doing a blue water Lepanto, as Turkey could kick a fleet to Con and then block in the fall.
1

Claesar
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1450

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#117 Post by Claesar » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:41 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:34 am
I'll just note it's not superior to move to Aegean if you're doing a blue water Lepanto, as Turkey could kick a fleet to Con and then block in the fall.
Squigs said Fall01. Blue water Lepanto can't reach Eastern Med that soon.

Furthermore, not a single Austrian agreed to that move.
1

Minister of Silly Walks
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:43 pm
Location: UTC -4:00
Karma: 147

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#118 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:50 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 am
Привет, Fools. I am the true czar of Russia.

@Minister @The Minister Do both of you know each other in real life? Or are your pseudonyms of complete coincidence? I admit it gets a little confusing at times.
Pseudonyms of complete coincidence, just both Monty Python fans without a better idea for a username. It can add some more chaos to the game, but I think there is so much already it doesn't really matter. Just remembe that one of us impersonates England and the other Austria

-with due respect, Minister of the k.u.k. Ministry of Silly Walks
1

Minister of Silly Walks
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:43 pm
Location: UTC -4:00
Karma: 147

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#119 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am

Claesar wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:56 am
Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 pm
... And a DMZ in Galicia is plain nonsense.
You must not be Russia or Austria then, as a DMZ in Galicia in beneficial to both of them.

You're playing with fire here. My wrath is not something you wish to invoke! :x
Just a stupid joke on my part.

-with due respect, Kaiser und Konig und the head of the Ministry of Silly Walks.
1

Minister of Silly Walks
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:43 pm
Location: UTC -4:00
Karma: 147

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#120 Post by Minister of Silly Walks » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:58 am

Claesar wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:52 am

Furthermore, if anyone wishes to negotiate with me they can do so (in this thread). I will reply to all messages directly addressed to me, though I will not reveal which country I am as there's no way to prove this yet.

So, if you post "Claesar, can we work together and do [something].." I will reply. If you post "[Country], let's do ..." I won't reply even if I'm governing that country.
Claesar, can we work together and do the following: you tell which neighbors we have in common and we cooperate against whoever this is.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests