Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

#81 Post by dargorygel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 pm

##Vote no on proposal 0.1
##Vote aye on proposal 0.2

I like Ike's offer... let's use our folk and their skills.
##Proposal 0.3 Send in that Python to investigate... keeping close contact through our M.E.C.A. (Most Excellent Communications Apparatus)
##Vote aye on proposal 0.3

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#82 Post by Szpoti » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:27 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm
I'm just going to throw it out there, I'm a pilot and I have my own python fighter craft. If you would rather have me explore the anomaly and keep our military protection with the colony I would be willing to do that. I would hope we won't need to use our military for a while, but space is unpredictable.

##Vote yea on Proposal 0.2
This sounds like a valid alternative. First, we don't want to engage in a full-scale conflict straight from the beginning, if there is anything hostile there. Second, the anomaly may be a natural phenomenon, which doesn't require any military action. So some ninja scouting will suffice at this point. Second, losing a fighter hurts less than losing a battleship.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#83 Post by dargorygel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:33 pm

So Szpo... vote on my proposal, we cross-posted.

Also... ## Call Brainbot.

I noticed in overviewing my files... that it seems that we might advance and improve our Pilot's Chances if I push ahead our studying of either a) Shielding for the Python, or b) Sensors (to grasp the intricacies of the anomoly... er... amonoly... anoumoly... *breaks into the muppets singing, "Anamoly, da da, da de da.... Anamoly, da da da da!")
I submit to your advice, Brainbot, as to which would be more likely to help this mission along.

brainbomb

#84 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Brainbot:

Whilst were en route to Endevour you may choose to begin with bio dome. (Probably yea, so we dont suffocate and die)

And Uriah may rush a tech to give you a headstart as well.

You cant do any L2 techs till youve completed the L1 prerequisites.
L3, L4, and L5 have much longer research times as well as prerequisites before you can begin them.

Brainbot recommends BioDome and Biowell research, although Harvesters, could certainly help us get a rapid start on gathering resources.

• We do not build anything yet. ;)
• Any crisis card you can anemd your options and choose your own solution. Sending in Ike on his Python fighter is absolutely a choice. He will require 1 fuel round trip to see what this is.

brainbomb

#85 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:59 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 pm
##vote yes on proposal 0.1
##vote yes on proposal 0.2

Is anything damaged? I think I don't have an ability to use if not.

Also, does my advanced harvester function like the advanced harvesters needed to fix the atmosphere? And I assume it can't harvest anything during travel?
Yes your advanced harvester will be able to gather either +2 food +2 fuel +2 luxury or convert %2 of atmospheric carbon dioxide back to breathable air per phase. By scrubbing.

Another question was asked about recycling converted. If you opt to study recyclers you automatically gain +1 fuel, +1 steel or +1 credits per phase.

RagingIke297

#86 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm

@Brainbot

If we get the atmosphere back to a breathable level, will we need to continue to work on it to keep it at that level? I guess the better question would be do you think we'll be putting off a significant amount of Carbon Dioxide or Monoxide?

brainbomb

#87 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:16 pm
@Brainbot

If we get the atmosphere back to a breathable level, will we need to continue to work on it to keep it at that level? I guess the better question would be do you think we'll be putting off a significant amount of Carbon Dioxide or Monoxide?
I estimate that once we have studied the planet fully, put harvesters to work on scrubbing, and *cross fingers* no additional volcanic ash gets spewed; that yes we should be able to clean up Endeavour3 within 5 phases or less. There may be other solutiions as well. My programming cant quite see that far ahead.

All we need is to get the atmosphere to an earthlike level.

"By volume, dry air contains 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Air also contains a variable amount of water vapor, on average around 1% at sea level, and 0.4% over the entire atmosphere."

Youll note that instead of high levels of Nitrogen like Earth, were seeing high levels of Carbon Dioxide.

In many ways think of Endeavour as if it was a human lung. Respiratory failure can occur if your lungs can't properly remove carbon dioxide (a waste gas) from your blood. The forests and plants of Endeavour are overwhelmed and suffocating due to too much carbon dioxide in the air. High levels of C02 in your blood can harm your body's organs. Just as high levels on a planet start harming most functioning life.

If there was a comparison Endeavour is more like Venus than it is Earth. The difference is the carbonyl sulfide on Endeavour is nowhere near the levels of that on Venus. Due to the similarity in pressure and temperature and the fact that breathable air is a lifting gas on Endeavour in the same way that helium is a lifting gas on Earth, the upper atmosphere on Endeavour is basically EarthVenus without 900 degree afternoons that melt lead (and your face off!)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#88 Post by dargorygel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm

##Call Brainbot
Please rush Biodome (and if I have enough brain power...) Biowell.

RagingIke297

#89 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 pm

@Brainbot

How much of these waste gases will our colony be putting off? Enough to have a negative effect on the atmosphere?

brainbomb

#90 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:44 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 pm
@Brainbot

How much of these waste gases will our colony be putting off? Enough to have a negative effect on the atmosphere?
Brainbot: there are ways to ensure we produce energy responsibly. Turbines, Biowells. Keep livestock production to a low, minimize personal ownership of fossil fuel burning vehicles, devices. You know, the same things Earth shouldve done. Oh and dont kill the forests. Plant more if able in greenhouses at first and eventually you can open them to the outdoors.

Its difficult to assume that 300 civilians could produce enough emissions to erase our efforts. So for now dont panic. Its not like its 16 billion people with cars!

brainbomb

#91 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:37 pm
##Call Brainbot
Please rush Biodome (and if I have enough brain power...) Biowell.
Noted.

Youll have to propose biowells. But we can make that happen!

yavuzovic

#92 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 pm

How do we research?
How to proposal to build/research biowells.

RagingIke297

#93 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:57 pm

##Proposal 0.4 Research Biowells

yavuzovic

#94 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 pm

We will live in a dome, right?
What will be advantages to have a breathable atmosphere?
Is dome limited?
Why do we need a breathable atmosphere?

yavuzovic

#95 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Also,
##vote yes on proposal 0.4

RagingIke297

#96 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Brainbot, this may seem like a silly question, but the proposer of a proposal is asumed to vote yea on said proposal correct?

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#97 Post by Szpoti » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Not sure if I'm entitled to address this question, but I'd certainly suggest, for clarity, to adhere to the formula:

##Proposal 0.n X
##Vote yes on Proposal 0.n

brainbomb

#98 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm
Brainbot, this may seem like a silly question, but the proposer of a proposal is asumed to vote yea on said proposal correct?
Brainbot:
Yep.

Oh you need a 1/3 majority to ever pass anything btw.

RagingIke297

#99 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm

So we need 3 yes votes to pass things as there are 8 councilors. Does this number go to 4 if another councilor votes no or is it at least 3 must vote and the most voted option wins?

Some updates for the record:
Vote Nay on Proposal 0.1 & 0.2
Vote Yea on Proposal 0.3 & 0.4

Also, have we decided on the agriculture package or do we need a proposal for that?

brainbomb

#100 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm
So we need 3 yes votes to pass things as there are 8 councilors. Does this number go to 4 if another councilor votes no or is it at least 3 must vote and the most voted option wins?

Some updates for the record:
Vote Nay on Proposal 0.1 & 0.2
Vote Yea on Proposal 0.3 & 0.4

Also, have we decided on the agriculture package or do we need a proposal for that?
Brainbot:
I have pretty much locked us in on our destination, stimulus, presidency and now your research.

If someone votes no you will need 4 or more.

If you wish to back out of agriculture package you still can.
Same with destination - if for some reason you guys had a change of heatt