Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kench

Re: Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

#1041 Post by Kench » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:06 am

First of all, Mr President, I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Surely you can see that to find ourselves in negative corruption figures (let's call it "purity" for the sake of argument) is an inherently positive state of affairs? This will help mitigate against any unexpected corruption that may befall our growing colony in the future (more people = more opportunity for their minds to be swayed). On top of this, the valuable morale boost that such a structure would bring should not be ignored. A chapel in which people will be able to find solace for their souls is invaluable - and we must not forget our responsibility to protect both their physical and eternal selves...

Ultimately, I will of course respect the will of the council, and if this chapel is denied the people, then I will do my part in praying for us all - though this hardly seems like a sustainable solution.

However, some further thoughts:
Incoming Work Order (YnBar):

{{By Phase 8}}
Ynbar requests
(4) Credits - Taxes
(7) Fuel
(3) Wool
I fully support the President's assertion that we should make good on our responsibility to the good people of YnBar - particularly in their time of crisis. We do not know why this blockade has been created, and there is just as much chance that they have caused it, as it has been set up to look like them. Some colonies find themselves terraformed and the finger immediately points at YnBar? I find this suspicious. Not only this, but the suggestion that a place as comparatively backwards as YnBar (in so many areas) could muster up the resources to terraform four locations at once strikes me as odd.

I would recommend letting YnBar remain innocent until proven guilty, and suggest that we attempt to make good on our commitments to them. That being said, I have not heard of a taxman, who comes to your door to collect his dues as per standard - this only happens if you have breached some protocol. I would imagine that they fully expect us to travel to them with the relevant goods.

This being the case, we will certainly need more fuel. I would vote in favour of Proposal 5.2.2c and Proposal 5.3.6 - divide labour so that the Harvesters collect what resources we need while the Oxygenators deal with the breathable atmosphere. We will therefore also need to consider sending a cloaked blockade runner to make it in and out. Perhaps our pilot @RagingIke would be keen to oblige?
Medic Haemod:

I submitted my findings to a message board run by the CDC of Denmark. The response was interesting.
Indeed, exploders or bombies are the result of a new biological weapon called Agent Othello. It is an airborne toxin which adds a dormant trait in humans that triggers on death. Current course of action is to burn the dead and avoid contact with a turned subject.

We will have a vaccine within 2 phases. Early cost will be steep. We can supply (1) 100 samples, vaccine per (10) credits. Demand is already skyrocketing.
I find it encouraging that the Dutch have already chosen a course of action that sounds like our own. However, I would not be comfortable using our precious resources on prices as exorbitant as they are, when they hold a monopoly on the vaccine. We should continue to devote our time and effort to providing Uriah and Haemod with everything they need to pursue their own studies.
Ignus also informs us that Chagall's blood as a changeling with regeneration is very valuable and that evil people will want his blood.
##Proposal 5.2.7 Harvest Chagall's blood. Sell 1/6 of the blood to the highest bidder each phase for 3 phases. Use the other half for Haemod's research.
I am uncomfortable with this proposal - if only because it was not put forward by the Councillor who will be most affected: Chagall himself. Perhaps we should ask @yavuzovic before we commit to harvesting his blood? If he is prepared to sacrifice himself for the sake of Science, then that is another thing entirely and I will steel myself to vote in favour of this proposal - but he should be allowed the final say in this, and I do not believe a proposal should be simply made on his behalf.
##Proposal 5.2.8 Give the resources requested to Ynbar whenever they get around to coming to collect it. Request that Ynbar also brings along our lottery money on the tax ship.
##Vote YES on Proposal 5.2.8
Obviously, this would be the ideal state of affairs (though how they will possibly leave their blockaded system is a puzzler). However, I think - as expressed above - that in the mean time we should set about putting in place the necessary resources to get ourselves there, if it becomes apparent that this is what is expected of us.
I'm pretty sure a rover is the same thing as a harvester.
I'm pretty sure they're not, as they are indicated separately in the information document: under Building Options, a Hangar can "Produce 1 vehicle (rover/harvester/tank/submarine/space fighter) per phase"

In which case, I value the Harvesters over the Rovers.

I apologise for the length of this message, Councillors. My interesting grasp on the passage of time sets me some 5 hours ahead of most of you, which makes my hours of activity somewhat different from yours. Needless to say, you can safely assume that I am making myself aware of your discussions and am with you always in spirit, if not in person.

--
##Vote Nay
Proposal 5.2.7

##Vote Yea
Proposal 5.1.3
Proposal 5.2.1a
Proposal 5.2.2c
Proposal 5.2.3a
Proposal 5.2.4b
Proposal 5.2.6
Proposal 5.2.8
Proposal 5.3.1
Proposal 5.3.3
Proposal 5.3.4
Proposal 5.3.6
Proposal 5.3.7
Proposal 5.3.8
Proposal 5.4.0

yavuzovic

#1042 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:21 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 am
**A travel ban to YnBar has been invoked by the UNECP**
**YnBar has been denounced by the UNECP**

**Skylon declares war on YnBar**
**China declares war on YnBar**
**SANSA has declared war on YnBar**

**Macedonian colony at Edasichb has been destroyed by Terraform**
**Mars colony in Sol has been destroyed by Terraform**
**CHXR Prawn colony gas been destroyed by Terraform**
**Europa colony in Sol has been destroyed by Terraform**

{{By Phase 8}}
Ynbar requests
(4) Credits - Taxes
(7) Fuel
(3) Wool
We should declare our liberty.

yavuzovic

#1043 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 am

##vote no on 5.3.2
Instead: 5.5.0: use Naia to decrease corruption
##vote yes on 5.2.6
##vote no on 5.2.7 (it will hurt me - and low blood causes weakness)
##vote no on 5.2.8 (They have to fight if they want to take our resources.)

leon1122

#1044 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:43 am

Kench wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:06 am
Surely you can see that to find ourselves in negative corruption figures (let's call it "purity" for the sake of argument) is an inherently positive state of affairs?
I think we need clarification on this.

##Flicke Is it possible to have negative corruption? If so, is it possible for Pastor Naia to make corruption more negative each phase?
Kench wrote:
That being said, I have not heard of a taxman, who comes to your door to collect his dues as per standard - this only happens if you have breached some protocol. I would imagine that they fully expect us to travel to them with the relevant goods.
I believe we need clarification once more.

##Flicke Does Ynbar expect us to deliver our own taxes? If so, what's the smallest vessel we can send it on?

If Ynbar expects us to deliver our own taxes, I'm sure they won't mind if we wait until after the siege is over rather than have the taxes intercepted by enemy forces.
Kench wrote:
I am uncomfortable with this proposal - if only because it was not put forward by the Councillor who will be most affected: Chagall himself. Perhaps we should ask @yavuzovic before we commit to harvesting his blood? If he is prepared to sacrifice himself for the sake of Science, then that is another thing entirely and I will steel myself to vote in favour of this proposal - but he should be allowed the final say in this, and I do not believe a proposal should be simply made on his behalf.
Oops! For whatever reason, I thought Chagall was the corpse we found. I forgot that it's the name of one of our valued councilors.

##Withdraw Proposal 5.2.7
Kench wrote:
I would vote in favour of Proposal 5.2.2c and Proposal 5.3.6 - divide labour so that the Harvesters collect what resources we need while the Oxygenators deal with the breathable atmosphere.
It would be far cheaper to set aside 3 harvesters each phase to do the same work as an Oxygenator.
Kench wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're not, as they are indicated separately in the information document: under Building Options, a Hangar can "Produce 1 vehicle (rover/harvester/tank/submarine/space fighter) per phase"

Huh, I guess you're right. I guess I was confused because the rovers tech unlocks the Advanced Harvesters tech.
I apologise for the length of this message, Councillors.
Not to worry. Your insights are much appreciated.

RagingIke297

#1045 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 am

Apologies for my absence councilors, I was a bit roughed up from crashi... er I mean landing the battleship.
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:21 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 am
**A travel ban to YnBar has been invoked by the UNECP**
**YnBar has been denounced by the UNECP**

**Skylon declares war on YnBar**
**China declares war on YnBar**
**SANSA has declared war on YnBar**

**Macedonian colony at Edasichb has been destroyed by Terraform**
**Mars colony in Sol has been destroyed by Terraform**
**CHXR Prawn colony gas been destroyed by Terraform**
**Europa colony in Sol has been destroyed by Terraform**

{{By Phase 8}}
Ynbar requests
(4) Credits - Taxes
(7) Fuel
(3) Wool
We should declare our liberty.

I would not oppose this, I actually suggested it a while ago.
Kench wrote:
We will therefore also need to consider sending a cloaked blockade runner to make it in and out. Perhaps our pilot @RagingIke would be keen to oblige?
I do like to try to make the best use of my skills, my personal python has a cloak on it.

VOTES:

##Vote Yea on Proposal 5.1.1, Proposal 5.1.2, Proposal 5.2.1a, Proposal 5.2.2b, Proposal 5.2.3a, Proposal 5.2.4a, Proposal 5.2.5a, Proposal 5.3.3, Proposal 5.3.4, Proposal 5.3.7, Proposal 5.3.8
##Vote Nay on Proposal 5.1.0

More thoughts coming shortly...

RagingIke297

#1046 Post by RagingIke297 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:26 am

Perhaps we should be building a greenhouse or two to get our health up?

We NEED to get minor conversion tech (Allows ship to focus a particle beam on an area of 30 KM in diameter and convert all dead matter in that area to living. Things affected: Zombies, Uninhabitable zones, areas devoid of oxygen and more.) and center it on us every phase, this would allow us to possibly sell our services to planets in need of help.
Advanced harvesters seems pretty good too. Maybe we research one and rush the other??

Lazlo, be sure to use your advanced harvester.

I think at some point soon we should field a battleship, be it to protect ourselves from YnBar enemies or YnBar when we declare independence. We could use it to gain the bonus from the wormhole too, which is "For purposes of what this does for your colony it grants +1 Science, +3 Credits if able to be defended." Those credits could be handy... Or maybe we build a steely so flicke can protect the wormhole and the ship can protect us? I'm not sure, please discuss.

As for Valen I think we give him 3 credits, one to use this phase, one to use next, and one to use in the following phase and see how it pans out. The odds are in our favor, but it ties credits up for 1-3 phases

brainbomb

#1047 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:31 am

leon1122 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:43 am
Kench wrote:
Surely you can see that to find ourselves in negative corruption figures (let's call it "purity" for the sake of argument) is an inherently positive state of affairs?
I think we need clarification on this.

##Flicke Is it possible to have negative corruption? If so, is it possible for Pastor Naia to make corruption more negative each phase?
Kench wrote:
That being said, I have not heard of a taxman, who comes to your door to collect his dues as per standard - this only happens if you have breached some protocol. I would imagine that they fully expect us to travel to them with the relevant goods.
I believe we need clarification once more.

##Flicke Does Ynbar expect us to deliver our own taxes? If so, what's the smallest vessel we can send it on?

If Ynbar expects us to deliver our own taxes, I'm sure they won't mind if we wait until after the siege is over rather than have the taxes intercepted by enemy forces.
Kench wrote:
Oops! For whatever reason, I thought Chagall was the corpse we found. I forgot that it's the name of one of our valued councilors.

##Withdraw Proposal 5.2.7
Kench wrote:
I would vote in favour of Proposal 5.2.2c and Proposal 5.3.6 - divide labour so that the Harvesters collect what resources we need while the Oxygenators deal with the breathable atmosphere.
It would be far cheaper to set aside 3 harvesters each phase to do the same work as an Oxygenator.
Kench wrote:

Huh, I guess you're right. I guess I was confused because the rovers tech unlocks the Advanced Harvesters tech.
I apologise for the length of this message, Councillors.
Not to worry. Your insights are much appreciated.
Flicke:

Rovers are solar powered scouting vehicles

Ynbar will not be able to collect taxes til the blockade is lifted

The smallest vessel you have is a space fighter

You can remove corruption. If you remove corruption below the zero mark you being to develop virtue instead. Virtue will not merely act as preventative numbers vs corruption, it will provide substantial bonuses the more you have. Same with health and morale, the greater numbers they are the happier your people are.

brainbomb

#1048 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:36 am

Flicke: According to UNECP Memo, the blockade was ordered to stop YnBar from building additional Battleships. There is an investigation underway that seems to connect all these attacks to ships being built by Ynbar. As if it wasnt bad enough already they also think the maker of this Agent Othello stuff is hiding on YnBar.

brainbomb

#1049 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:06 pm

Flicke: It has been an honor councillors. This will be my last phase as your OS. I am agreeing to go to the runes and learn to become an off worlder. This isnt the last youll hear of me. Apologies to the workers who have died in my swamp. For the past 1300 years there hasnt been anyone else in my swamp. So imagine my surprise to see a giant dome appear on the horizon one morning.

PRINCE WILLIAM

#1050 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 pm

##Proposal 5.3.1 - Vote Yes on the ground of its usefulness in developing the colony

##Proposal 5.3.2 - Build Chapel - Vote Yes, on the grounds not only of fighting corruption but also to tend to our people's spiritual needs, in times of stress and (maybe as it seems) war these needs are greater and must be taken care of.
##Proposal 5.3.3 - Build Upgraded Hangar - Vote No on the ground of lucking the workforce.

##Proposal 5.3.4 - Build Hospital - Vote yes on the grounds that we will be going to need it both if we have a pandemic or a war.

##Proposal 5.3.5 - Build Laser Towers - Vote yes in face of a coming war.

##Proposal 5.3.6 - Build Oxygenator Turbine - Vote no on the grounds of not having the workforce

##Proposal 5.3.7 - Build Biowells - Vote yes

##Proposal 5.3.8 - Send a transport with the 10 apprentice mechanics to scrap Battleship Branimir for Steel - Vote yes, we'll need the steel.

Also, the research of our own for the cure is better since we can't afford the price and yet we are not facing a pandemic yet.
Questions for elaboration: do we have to take much of the immune person's blood, can't we proceed to research with some samples only?
Isn't it possible my trading connections to help us smuggle my diamonds and rise some credits?

brainbomb

#1051 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:45 pm

**a Falcon Shuttle has landed on Endeavour3**

PRINCE WILLIAM

#1052 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Who's on board? What it carries?

brainbomb

#1053 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Flicke: Single lifeform. No weapon armament on the ship. It has landed in the desert south of here

brainbomb

#1054 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Medic Haemod:
UNECP message boards are lit right now. There is a galaxy-wide effort to remove brainbot from all systems. Theyre calling it the next Racunar.

Message reads: "Uninstall Brainbot, do not try to reason with it. Keep an eye on odd behavior by superiors. Do not share any files with brainbot. If you suspect you or someone you know is under the influence of mind altering activity, detain them.

yavuzovic

#1055 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Guys, we should declare our independence to UNECP.

brainbomb

#1056 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Firma: I request permission to pilot a space fighter and find out who this person is and bring them here.

Kench

#1057 Post by Kench » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 pm
I do not understand what this, or the suggestion that we declare independence from YnBar, would achieve. At this time of tribulation, we need all the friends we can get. But I would be interested to hear your thoughts...

As for this ship, is there any way we can find out where it has come from before we consider going to investigate?

thamrick

#1058 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:34 pm
I think that would be rash. I imagine it's a multi-nation governing body, like the UN. Spurring them could have serious repercussions.

If you mean declaring our independence from Ynbar to UNECP, I don't think we are well-established enough yet to declare ourselves independent.

Regardless, we need strong foreign relations. @President Pakhwa - how have your diplomatic negotiations been going? I ask that you consider appointing a dedicated Secretary of State if you do not have the time to reach out to our allies and neighbors.

@Flicke - what is UNECP?

thamrick

#1059 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:43 pm
Firma: I request permission to pilot a space fighter and find out who this person is and bring them here.
I would approve this mission. However, I would ask that you proceed with utmost caution. If anything seems amiss, return immediately.

Councilor Naia is correct that more information would be beneficial as well.

thamrick

#1060 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Also, forgive me councilors. When Loom mentioned the possibility of Chagall's blood providing the cure, he suggested that Chagall would need to die to produce the vaccine. I am strongly opposed to taking a life to provide the cure. I would hope that there is another way.