Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Webdiplomacy Sci-Fi Simulator III Signups

#481 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:33 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 am
Flicke: I want to help you save Endeavour.
Excellent Flicke! We want your help too. But we need our OS back. Is there a way we can keep you and Brainbot around? I'm sure we can find you another electronic device to house you that would allow us to communicate with you and with Brainbot.

Also Flicke, what about Endeavour needs saved? Do you mean restored so that lifeforms can function fully?

leon1122

#482 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 am

Flicke, you’re being very cryptic. What does the number 78 mean? Why did you tell us to catch you earlier?

brainbomb

#483 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:39 am

Brainbot: okay.

Probably 10/10 for weirdest experiences ever. I felt muzzled. It was able to mindmeld me as an OS.

thamrick

#484 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 am

Welcome back Brainbot. What do you suggest we do about Flicke? Can we protect you from being overtaken by Flicke again? Do you think Flicke is dangerous?

brainbomb

#485 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 am

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 am
Welcome back Brainbot. What do you suggest we do about Flicke? Can we protect you from being overtaken by Flicke again? Do you think Flicke is dangerous?
Brainbot: Destroy that thing asap.

thamrick

#486 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:55 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 am
thamrick wrote:
Any suggestions how? It said if destroyed, it would explode with the power of a nuke

leon1122

#487 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 am
thamrick wrote:
Also, why? Did you detect malicious intent when it was inside you?

leon1122

#488 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:31 am

Note that we shouldn't entirely rely on brainbot's opinion, since it may very well be compromised by malevolent foreign entities.

thamrick

#489 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:14 am

##Proposal 2.0.1 - Order an away team to pursue the Will-o'-the-Wisp (Flicke). (Roll a 8 sided die, on a 6-8 you can capture it, on a 1 or 2, an away team member can die or be injured)

##Proposal 2.0.2 - Advise workers to ignore it. (Roll an 8 sided die, on a 3-8 workers will ignore it)

##Proposal 2.0.3 - Attempt to attract the being to the dome to trap it. Using a lone beam of light attached to a drone, ship, or harvester try to mimic its dancing behavior. (Requires all work crews to be recalled and a mandatory light blackout in all rooms).
(Roll an 8 sided dice on a 5-8 the being will approach. On a 1-4 it will ignore you)

##Proposal 2.2.1 - Harvest the alien flower for +1 food.
##Proposal 2.2.2 - Transplant the alien flower to the greenhouse.
##Proposal 2.2.3 - Have Uriah spend phase studying specimen.

##Proposal 2.3.1 - Accept Turkey's trade offer (send 5 credits in exchange for 4 population).
##Proposal 2.3.2 - Reject Turkey's trade offer.

My initial thoughts:

I'd like to explore other options for dealing with the Will-o'-Wisp. It seems risky to send an away team. We can't really afford the 25% chance of death and the hit to morale the death would cause. Ignoring it seems like a poor course of action as well. Attempting to attract it is the best of the three options imo, but it would delay our ability to build by forcing us to recall our workers.

For the flower, we don't need the food so the first option seems pointless. I definitely think we should eventually transplant the flower to the greenhouse, but it might be beneficial to study the flower first, even though it will delay growth in the greenhouse, in case the flower is dangerous.

The trade offer seems a no brainer to me. We don't have a reliable way to gain credits or resources at this point. We will eventually need to boost our population, but I think we should hold onto the credits until we have more infrastructure developed.

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.1
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.2
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.3

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.2.1
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.2.2
##VOTE Yes on Proposal 2.2.3

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.3.1
##VOTE Yes on Proposal 2.3.2

leon1122

#490 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 am

Thank you, Thamrick, for laying out our most pressing decisions.

In regards to the Will o' wisp, ignoring is stupid since it has the same chance of death as attempting to capture it. We also can't afford to stop construction for an entire phase. Therefore, the only sensible option is to capture it.

##Vote YES on Proposal 2.0.1
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.0.2
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.0.3

In regards to the flower, brainbot said earlier that researching would destroy all the flowers we currently have. Therefore, I believe it would be smarter to transplant them and then study some after more of them grow.

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.2.1
##Vote YES on Proposal 2.2.2
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.2.3

In regards to the trade offer, I agree that it's a no-brainer. We should not be paying a single foreign nation to send "immigrants" who would outnumber us 4:1. We may as well just call it a hostile takeover and be done with it.

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.3.1
##Vote YES on Proposal 2.3.2

thamrick

#491 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 am

leon1122 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 am
In regards to the Will o' wisp, ignoring is stupid since it has the same chance of death as attempting to capture it. We also can't afford to stop construction for an entire phase. Therefore, the only sensible option is to capture it.
I'd agree, this is the best of the 3 options, but I'm wondering if we can find another way.
leon1122 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 am
In regards to the flower, brainbot said earlier that researching would destroy all the flowers we currently have. Therefore, I believe it would be smarter to transplant them and then study some after more of them grow.
I might not have been clear when I initially mentioned the flowers, but I specifically noticed a "significant cluster." I'm assuming there are still more flowers to be gathered if we choose. That's why I lean towards researching. In the event that the flower produces negative effects on our greenhouse when transplanted, it would be a big setback and we'd have to dedicate resources to correcting it. I think the safer approach is to research and if we have spare workers we can send them to gather more.

Which brings me to the next topic. What do we want to use our workers for this phase? Here are what I think the best options are:

Biowells - 400 steel, 30 workers - +1 food, +1 fuel per phase

Mine - 40 workers, I don't see a steel cost (drills, tools) - +1 mineral or resource

Extra Harvesters - 300 steel, 50 workers - more resources - I'm not sure if we can repeat builds though

Gather more flowers - 30 workers

thamrick

#492 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 am

@Zaza - can you breed sheep and convert sheep in the same phase? If so, you should go ahead and breed them again too.

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo`

#493 Post by `ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:17 am

It seems like brainbot doesn't like the idea of FLICKE and was malfunctioning with FLICKE mindmelding brainbot. But still, brainbot suggested we destroy it, even though it explodes with the power of a nuke? I doubt we will be parting ways with this wisp because we're sharing a planet with it and it seems to be very powerful and disruptive. So I'm putting on the table that we download Pulse and allow FLICKE to mindmeld. We wouldn't need wes because one of the advantages of wes is language, but FLICKE already is good at learning languages.

##New Proposal 2.0.4 Uninstall brainbot, install pulse, and allow FLICKE to mindmeld with pulse

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.0.1
##Vote YEA on Proposal 2.0.4

No brainer.

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.2.1
##Vote YES on Proposal 2.2.2
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.2.3

I think it would be good to start an alliance with another nation. We are alone at the moment. But 5 credits for 4 population is a very heavy price.

##New Proposal 2.3.3 Counter-offer 4 credits for 5 population

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.3.1
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.3.2
##Vote YES on Proposal 2.3.3

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo`

#494 Post by `ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 am

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 am
@Zaza - can you breed sheep and convert sheep in the same phase? If so, you should go ahead and breed them again too.
The sheep were spooked by the wisp so they didn't want to breed. Yeah, that's sheep for ya.

As far as I know, I can only do one of the two actions per phase. At least that was the case last turn.

thamrick

#495 Post by thamrick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:24 am

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:17 am
##New Proposal 2.0.4 Uninstall brainbot, install pulse, and allow FLICKE to mindmeld with pulse
Mind if I change this to Proposal 2.1.3? Proposal 2.1.x dealt with our current OS

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` wrote:
I think it would be good to start an alliance with another nation. We are alone at the moment. But 5 credits for 4 population is a very heavy price.

##New Proposal 2.3.3 Counter-offer 4 credits for 5 population
I like the idea of a counter offer. My concern though is that adding 5 population, we will have to feed 5 extra population. We currently are at +2 (without using the harvesters or sheep to add more food). If we add 5 population, we'll limit our ability to use those options to gain other resources. However, we would significantly increase our workforce.

I want to know more about our building options and our longterm status (will we have to flee from Battleship Branimir soon?).

And okay. That makes sense about the sheep. Do you know how the breeding works? Like would breeding 4 sheep produce 2 or do you always only produce 1 sheep from breeding?

brainbomb

#496 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 am

Brainbot: Updating for the charter
thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:14 am
##Proposal 2.0.1 - Order an away team to pursue the Will-o'-the-Wisp (Flicke). (Roll a 8 sided die, on a 6-8 you can capture it, on a 1 or 2, an away team member can die or be injured)

##Proposal 2.0.2 - Advise workers to ignore it. (Roll an 8 sided die, on a 3-8 workers will ignore it)

##Proposal 2.0.3 - Attempt to attract the being to the dome to trap it. Using a lone beam of light attached to a drone, ship, or harvester try to mimic its dancing behavior. (Requires all work crews to be recalled and a mandatory light blackout in all rooms).
(Roll an 8 sided dice on a 5-8 the being will approach. On a 1-4 it will ignore you)

##Proposal 2.0.4 - Use Jaromirs fighter to missle attack the Will O Wisp. Do not stop firing until it is destroyed.

##Proposal 2.2.1 - Harvest the alien flower for +1 food.
##Proposal 2.2.2 - Transplant the alien flower to the greenhouse.
##Proposal 2.2.3 - Have Uriah spend phase studying specimen.

##Proposal 2.3.1 - Accept Turkey's trade offer (send 5 credits in exchange for 4 population).
##Proposal 2.3.2 - Reject Turkey's trade offer.

My initial thoughts:

I'd like to explore other options for dealing with the Will-o'-Wisp. It seems risky to send an away team. We can't really afford the 25% chance of death and the hit to morale the death would cause. Ignoring it seems like a poor course of action as well. Attempting to attract it is the best of the three options imo, but it would delay our ability to build by forcing us to recall our workers.

For the flower, we don't need the food so the first option seems pointless. I definitely think we should eventually transplant the flower to the greenhouse, but it might be beneficial to study the flower first, even though it will delay growth in the greenhouse, in case the flower is dangerous.

The trade offer seems a no brainer to me. We don't have a reliable way to gain credits or resources at this point. We will eventually need to boost our population, but I think we should hold onto the credits until we have more infrastructure developed.

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.1
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.2
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.0.3

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.2.1
##VOTE No on Proposal 2.2.2
##VOTE Yes on Proposal 2.2.3

##VOTE No on Proposal 2.3.1
##VOTE Yes on Proposal 2.3.2

brainbomb

#497 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 am

Brainbot: Looks good so far. Its taking longer than expected at the beacon. Cllr Chagall and Cllr Jaromir are trying to get two unconscious frostbitten traitors into the Python.

leon1122

#498 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 am

thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 am
I might not have been clear when I initially mentioned the flowers, but I specifically noticed a "significant cluster." I'm assuming there are still more flowers to be gathered if we choose. That's why I lean towards researching. In the event that the flower produces negative effects on our greenhouse when transplanted, it would be a big setback and we'd have to dedicate resources to correcting it. I think the safer approach is to research and if we have spare workers we can send them to gather more.
That's reasonable.
##Vote NO on Proposal 2.2.2
##Vote YES on Proposal 2.2.3
thamrick wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:08 am
Which brings me to the next topic. What do we want to use our workers for this phase? Here are what I think the best options are:

Biowells - 400 steel, 30 workers - +1 food, +1 fuel per phase

Mine - 40 workers, I don't see a steel cost (drills, tools) - +1 mineral or resource

Extra Harvesters - 300 steel, 50 workers - more resources - I'm not sure if we can repeat builds though

Gather more flowers - 30 workers
I think it would be a waste of resources to gather more flowers before we've even researched their properties.

##Brainbot I think I noticed a discrepancy. We haven't built a greenhouse yet so how were we going to transplant the flowers to our nonexistent greenhouse?

In regards to builds, I'm leaning towards building a mine and a hangar. It's clear that we need to be able to actively defend ourselves, and we're also starting to run low on building materials, hence the mine. This arrangement will leave 11 surplus workers, but we may very well need them for a midphase event.

I'm also going to request that ##brainbot presents an ACCURATE list of things we can build at the beginning of each phase for easy cross-reference. (brainbot gave us a list last phase that included the harvesters we didn't have the tech to build yet.) The construction options on thamrick's sheets, unfortunately, includes many construction options that aren't open to us yet.
`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` wrote:

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.0.1
##Vote YEA on Proposal 2.0.4
See Post #463 on page 24. FLICKE said, "Flicke: If you catch me I will join you. Good luck."

We're still going to need to catch FLICKE to execute your proposal, so please vote yes on either 2.0.1 or 2.0.3.

##Vote NO on Proposal 2.3.3

for the same reasons mentioned earlier. I don't want our colony to be swamped by a single foreign population that outnumbers us 4:1 not to mention your 5:1. I recognize that we'll eventually need immigration to grow our colony, but it shouldn't be as drastic as a 400% increase in population in 1 phase, and the immigration should come from a number of different sources rather than a single country.

`ZaZaMaRaNDaBo`

#499 Post by `ZaZaMaRaNDaBo` » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Thanks leon for mentioning that. I just don't think it would be a good idea to have an alien and an OS that are at odds with each other. But let's wait to see what happens with this wisp. If we catch it, I might propose again that we uninstall brainbot and install Pulse. I think Pulse would serve us a lot better at the moment given all of brainbot's quirks and disliking for the Will O' Wisp.

##Change Vote Proposition 2.0.3 Yea

@thamrick

I bred with 3 sheep and got up to four. This is something I should know, being from a long lineage of sheep farmers.

##Call brainbot
How does sheep breeding work?

brainbomb

#500 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:17 pm

You are using a combination of incemination and occasional cloning to get increseases in your flock.

Any phase you can opt to breed to add (1) more. But you cant use sheep for food or wool of you do.

If you use them for wool you convert (1) sheep into (1) luxury [wool]

If you use one for food you convert (1) sheep to (1) food