MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#2561 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:26 am

##CALL GM:

If the Investigator targets someone who gets recruited by the Reaver that same night, what role are they informed of?

xorxes

#2562 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:35 am

This is a bit convoluted, but what I'm thinking is this:

Let's say worcej is the Reaver.

He suspects Temasek of being the Reader because of something Temasek said.

He recruits Temasek and claims Reader with a read of VT on Temasek.

That would be a pretty awesome play for the Reaver if Temasek had actually been the Reader.

I reread Temasek and I did find something that might have led worcej to think Tem was the Reader.

Hmm...

@Tem, can you confirm that you have been Reavered?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2563 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:37 am

xorxes, after much deliberation reading this thead, I have concluded you are not very good at this game. What happened?

Why would ItsHosuke/Superstition have been *coached* to CLAIM PR WHEN THEY WERE INVESTIGATOR. First off, you think scum, knowing one of their own has already claimed PR, would advise a newb to claim a roleblocking role during a massclaim. Second, you would think scum would have their investigator scan a VT instead of one of the counterclaims that wasn't theirs. Unless you think scum team 1 is stupid enough to have every single person claim PR. And third, you believe that Kalel would just "forget" to enter orders at night. Yet you scumread Itshosuke when Superstition QUIT just a few hours into the night phase.

I just....my face. It can only take so many palms.

xorxes

#2564 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:45 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:37 am
xorxes, after much deliberation reading this thead, I have concluded you are not very good at this game. What happened?

Why would ItsHosuke/Superstition have been *coached* to CLAIM PR WHEN THEY WERE INVESTIGATOR. First off, you think scum, knowing one of their own has already claimed PR, would advise a newb to claim a roleblocking role during a massclaim. Second, you would think scum would have their investigator scan a VT instead of one of the counterclaims that wasn't theirs. Unless you think scum team 1 is stupid enough to have every single person claim PR. And third, you believe that Kalel would just "forget" to enter orders at night. Yet you scumread Itshosuke when Superstition QUIT just a few hours into the night phase.

My only reason is that I think Jamiet is the roleblocker and that he appeared to be doing everything he could to make sure Hosuke didn't say anything that he shouldn't say about the Companion role. The only role Hosuke could be in that scenario is Investigator. He would claim Companion in case the watcher saw him visit his target. But I voted for Kalel, and I think Kalel is the more likely scum of the two. I believed Superstition's claim when he first made it.

xorxes

#2565 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:47 am

If Kalel is the Roleblocker, then Jamiet is the Doctor, and you are scum goldie.

xorxes

#2566 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:56 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:

Explain please? Jamiet-Hosuke-Agent. Agent claims VT. Who were you thinking was the third Mafia in that scenario?

xorxes

#2567 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:01 pm

@goldie, from your point of view, Jamiet pretty much has to be the Roleblocker. The Reaver option is really unlikely. So neither of the Companion claims is the Roleblocker. Someone has to have claimed Companion and not be the Roleblocker, right? Kalel had some intricate crumbs for Companion, so he appears to have planned to claim that role from early on. What's your explanation? Who is the Roleblocker?

xorxes

#2568 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:12 pm

This is the post that may have made Reaver!worcej think Tem was the Reader, when Tem did a 180 on his read on me:
Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:44 am
I think I know what's going on now.

Sorry for doubting you xorxes.

=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
bozo
Tem

xorxes

#2569 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:14 pm

Remember that worcej believed that the reader got their scan results during the day (which was true for D1 as it turns out), so he would have thought Tem got his scan result on me some time during the day.

BunnyGo

#2570 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:53 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 am
ItsHosuke wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 am
Super did not even attempt to use his power :/ I'm sad now, literally no one can verify.
Ok. So now both companions have said they didn’t RB. It’s time I think for anyone to claim they were role blocked. I was not. Anyone else?
You don't know if you were roleblocked or not. Neither do I, although I will find out soon, and I strongly suspect I was indeed roleblocked.
ah...right

BunnyGo

#2571 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:23 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:01 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:59 am

We don't necessarily have to lynch BH in order to win.
Okay, I suppose so, but we don’t know for sure worcej is BH.
If he is not BH, he claimed BH to save himself, correct?

If he wanted to save himself he would argue that he can win with town and would be willing to cooperate with town, correct?

Instead, he only expressed frustration with his role, he offered no path to colaboration.

So I'm pretty sure he is the BH. All his frustration was very real.
He could be reaver

xorxes

#2572 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:43 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:39 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:31 am
You’re not asking me, but I think it is more town points than anything to ask for the opinions. Pushing for it is more 3P than scummy.
How does 3P benefit from a massclaim? They have a smaller pool where to hide, and knowing everyone's role doesn't benefit them all that much.
If some of their targets are the claimed roles, we increase their odds of winning because the target is in the open and we do not know who they are targeting.

I didn’t read the roles in detail yet, but I assume they have a kill of some sort.
Is this BH!worcej trying hard to appear not BH, or Reaver!worcej really not having looked at the roles? Frankly this makes me think BH more than Reaver.

BunnyGo

#2573 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:

kalel did say his dad was in hospital

xorxes

#2574 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:12 pm
This is the post that may have made Reaver!worcej think Tem was the Reader, when Tem did a 180 on his read on me:
Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:44 am
I think I know what's going on now.

Sorry for doubting you xorxes.

=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
bozo
Tem
I just realized my theory doesn't work. Temasek claimed VT in this very post.

Back to BH!worcej then.

BunnyGo

#2575 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:29 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:43 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:39 am

How does 3P benefit from a massclaim? They have a smaller pool where to hide, and knowing everyone's role doesn't benefit them all that much.
If some of their targets are the claimed roles, we increase their odds of winning because the target is in the open and we do not know who they are targeting.

I didn’t read the roles in detail yet, but I assume they have a kill of some sort.
Is this BH!worcej trying hard to appear not BH, or Reaver!worcej really not having looked at the roles? Frankly this makes me think BH more than Reaver.
agree for once

xorxes

#2576 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:34 am
##Call GM: For the BH, is it players or roles (that have names) that are the targets?

I get what you are asking me now Chaqa. If it is just players, then massclaim away. If it is roles, then we need to be weary.
It was painfully clear to everyone except apparently to worcej that it was players. Yet he spent a good amount of D1 letting us all know that he had not read the roles and that he thought it was roles.

xorxes

#2577 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Unless he saw teacon's reader crumb, tried to reaver teacon, got diverted to rivera, but found him dead. So no successful reavering.

Hmm...

xorxes

#2578 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:26 pm
Kitsune wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:19 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:09 pm
Not to be nit-picky, but the EON PMs should happen before posting resumes.
That's fair.

Should I mod kill posts taking place during the no-post period as well? How did you handle it last time?
How I do it (and I see others do it) is you close the post down, send all needed PMs, then post the Flavor and night results (deaths, etc.) and open it then.

In the case of this game, as soon as I saw you say you had to send the EoN PMs, I inferred that the Reaper probably wasn't successful in recruiting. If someone became a Reaper, they need to know right away.
What do I make of this? TMI? But why would he expose himself like that?

xorxes

#2579 Post by xorxes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:48 pm

SCENARIO 1

If Jamiet is Roleblocker, then Kalel's Companion crumbs make most sense for real Companion:

worcej: BH
Jamie: Roleblocker
Superstition/Hosuke: ???
VT1: Agent
VT2: ???

Super was either Reaver or Investigator in this scenario. His claim is much more consistent with being coached than with coming up with a random Companion claim before being subbed. So we have

Superstition/Hosuke: Investigator
VT2: Reaver

Most likely VTs to be the Reaver are ND and Fox, based on time of claiming. Agent could be emc or Chaqa or bozo or Tem.

Sup-Hosuke: Investigator
emc/Chaqa/bozo/Tem: Agent
ND/Fox: Reaver Prime

SCENARIO 2

Jamiet is the Doctor. Then Kalel's crumbs look like what the Roleblocker would plan and Super's claim was just claiming his real role before signing out. And it makes sense for Reaver Prime to claim PR while Investigator claims VT. In this case we have:

goldie: Reaver Prime
Kalel: Roleblocker
VT2: Investigator

---------------

I can't decide which of the two scenarios I find more likely, but we will know once we find out whether I was roleblocked or not.

So RP top candidates: goldie, ND, Fox (outside chance: worcej)

BunnyGo

#2580 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:52 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:48 pm
SCENARIO 1

If Jamiet is Roleblocker, then Kalel's Companion crumbs make most sense for real Companion:

Superstition/Hosuke: ???
VT2: ???

Super was either Reaver or Investigator in this scenario. His claim is much more consistent with being coached than with coming up with a random Companion claim before being subbed. So we have

Superstition/Hosuke: Investigator
VT2: Reaver

Most likely VTs to be the Reaver are ND and Fox, based on time of claiming. Agent could be emc or Chaqa or bozo or Tem.

Sup-Hosuke: Investigator
emc/Chaqa/bozo/Tem: Agent
ND/Fox: Reaver Prime

SCENARIO 2

Jamiet is the Doctor. Then Kalel's crumbs look like what the Roleblocker would plan and Super's claim was just claiming his real role before signing out. And it makes sense for Reaver Prime to claim PR while Investigator claims VT. In this case we have:

goldie: Reaver Prime
Kalel: Roleblocker
VT2: Investigator

---------------

I can't decide which of the two scenarios I find more likely, but we will know once we find out whether I was roleblocked or not.

So RP top candidates: goldie, ND, Fox (outside chance: worcej)
Yes. This makes sense.

I’d be very happy lynching Goldie today on the chance the reaver didn’t spawn.