The Counting Game

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
FlaviusAetius
Posts: 2680
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 272

Re: The Counting Game

#1081 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:45 pm

IS THAT JAMIE I SEE
1

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4785
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5057
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1082 Post by dargorygel » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:10 am

You're wrong. Read the posts. It was a mutual decision to catch up. But never mind. I'm done here.
1

PRINCE WILLIAM
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am
Karma: 823

Re: The Counting Game

#1083 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:12 am

Okay, since it is the creators wish, let's respect it.
Come Dargo, give us something on 1019!
1

Wusti
Posts: 310
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 pm
Karma: 160

Re: The Counting Game

#1084 Post by Wusti » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Yea as the creator I feel I should weigh in, let's try to keep this as one number per post much love!
With all due respect, once you set the play in motion you lose control over it.

The guys want the Year to match the post number - let them catch it up eh?
1

FlaviusAetius
Posts: 2680
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 272

Re: The Counting Game

#1085 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:04 pm

Wusti wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Yea as the creator I feel I should weigh in, let's try to keep this as one number per post much love!
With all due respect, once you set the play in motion you lose control over it.

The guys want the Year to match the post number - let them catch it up eh?
Ah ok, well I suppose then it is my opinion that we stick to one number, whether people wish to follow my wishes or not, well I suppose I can't control anyone nonetheless
2

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4785
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5057
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1086 Post by dargorygel » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:33 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:04 pm
Wusti wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:08 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Yea as the creator I feel I should weigh in, let's try to keep this as one number per post much love!
With all due respect, once you set the play in motion you lose control over it.

The guys want the Year to match the post number - let them catch it up eh?
Ah ok, well I suppose then it is my opinion that we stick to one number, whether people wish to follow my wishes or not, well I suppose I can't control anyone nonetheless
And do you want us to go back to just posting a number with no comments? That's how you started

I wholeheartedly agree that one number per post is ideal, after we catch up.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19041
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11481
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1087 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:48 am

The thread is about posting numbers and being interesting!

Nothing about the creation of this thread implied some kind of rule requiring a balance of posts-per-post number. This is a nonsense William and Darg appear to have invented. I object to it.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19041
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11481
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1088 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:49 am

1019 is the debut studio album by Taiwanese singer Jolin Tsai. It was released on 10 September 1999, by Universal Music Taiwan.
1

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1089 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:24 am

1020 - year Leif Ericson died
1

PRINCE WILLIAM
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am
Karma: 823

Re: The Counting Game

#1090 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:08 pm

1021 was a thousand years ago. We have a way to go!
1

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1091 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:53 pm

1022 - the lowest Friedman number with 3 distinct factors (2*7*73).
2

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1092 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm

1023 the number of binary bits used to make GPS work

1024 = 2^10 hence kilobyte
2

PRINCE WILLIAM
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am
Karma: 823

Re: The Counting Game

#1093 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:58 pm

1025 ΑD Emperor Vasilios II dies after a half a century reign. HIs fame and achievements were such that even after his death no one attacked the empire for 20 years.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19041
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11481
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1094 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm

1026 (one thousand and twenty-six) is an even four-digit composite number following 1025 and preceding 1027. The sum of its digits is 9.
1

KaneryU
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:51 pm
Karma: 1

Re: The Counting Game

#1095 Post by KaneryU » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 pm

1 :points: 27
My day started as any other. I woke up, got out of bed, dressed, and stepped out of my house. What happened after, however, was not normal.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19041
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11481
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1096 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:36 pm

RAL colour 1028 is "Melon Yellow". This shade belongs to the Orange RAL series.
1

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1097 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 am

KaneryU wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 pm
1 :points: 27
My day started as any other. I woke up, got out of bed, dressed, and stepped out of my house. What happened after, however, was not normal.
More interesting is that 1027 is the sum of the square of the first 8 prime numbers.
1

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1098 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:40 am

1029 is 3*7^3 but I can't think of anything more interesting.
1

damo666
Posts: 10704
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3406

Re: The Counting Game

#1099 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:41 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm
1026 (one thousand and twenty-six) is an even four-digit composite number following 1025 and preceding 1027. The sum of its digits is 9.
What a boring number.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19041
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11481
Contact:

Re: The Counting Game

#1100 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:13 pm

10-30 is the CB Radio code for "Unnecessary use of radio".
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobMcBob and 8 guests