MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1501 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm not a huge fan of this wagon, but I guess taking a chance at possible scum is better than self-voting and guaranteeing a kill on town.

##Vote Frostwind

bozotheclown

#1502 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:51 pm
I'm not a huge fan of this wagon, but I guess taking a chance at possible scum is better than self-voting and guaranteeing a kill on town.

##Vote Frostwind
What happened to you saying you should be the lynch?

Vecna

#1503 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:05 pm

he said he wouldnt be a bad lynch, not that he should be the lynch. thatd be a true weird sentiment.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1504 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:05 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:59 pm
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Frostwind
I said I was fine with being the lynch. I still am. But if there's a world where I don't have to be, I'm good with that too.

I don't doubt that I'll get lynched down the line for my play the last day or so. But if we delay it a bit, maybe I get a reprieve from Mr. Holmes, or maybe I get killed by mafia, Jack, or Hyde.

frostwind

#1505 Post by frostwind » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:07 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Frostwind
Anyways, I wake up and I see that there's a pretty large wagon assembled on me. I'll just get my two cents in. My voting history, in my opinion, might look scummy, but really it's because of a couple of new things in this game that I'm not used to. First, I'm not used to scrolling through hundreds of messages per day trying to glean some useful information, especially with diplomacy players who are already good at concealing their intent.

Secondly, I've mostly been involved more in live games of mafia, not games that take several days for each phase to occur. The combination of these two aspects have made it so that my votes might seem scummy. I think if you look at my content overall, they're more like someone who's pretty confused as to what's going on, rather than someone who is deliberately trying to play as scum. For example, in the first day, I voted for AFK Computer_Genius. After a bit, I realized that was a horrible lynch, and switched to someone who was being supported by someone with, as far as I could tell, strong town vibes.

This day, I've been pretty confused as well, with all the ND and Chaqa-ness. ND seemed to have less of a motive to fakeclaim when I read his stuff, and eventually I decided to vote for Chaqa. Now, I think I'll unvote, and catch up with the stuff that's been happening while I sleep.

##UNVOTE

bozotheclown

#1506 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:12 am
@ND - I didn’t mean to say Hyde couldn’t kill untilN3. If you go back, I comment that I omitted an “again” accidentally.

As I said - lynch me. It’s honestly pro-town.
It looks to me like Chaqa's "lynch me" strategy is working.

However, I think frostwind looks suspicious as well for his D1 voting, and he tried his own "lynch me" strategy early D2.

##VOTE frostwind

purplecow

#1507 Post by purplecow » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:09 pm

I'll join on frost I'd rather n ot have another almost tie.
##vote frost

e.m.c^42

#1508 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Miracles upon miracles, contrary to sentiment, EMC is not dead! Some stuff came up, oh well

See y'all in a bit, lotsa pages to eat

bozotheclown

#1509 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:05 pm
he said he wouldnt be a bad lynch, not that he should be the lynch. thatd be a true weird sentiment.
Here is where he said he should be the lynch:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:12 pm
@damo - correct.

Really, you guys should just vote for me today anyway to remove any doubt about my plan, because otherwise in the following days of this game, people will go mad and circle back on wild theories of me being scum or something.

bozotheclown

#1510 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 pm

frostwind wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Frostwind
Anyways, I wake up and I see that there's a pretty large wagon assembled on me. I'll just get my two cents in. My voting history, in my opinion, might look scummy, but really it's because of a couple of new things in this game that I'm not used to. First, I'm not used to scrolling through hundreds of messages per day trying to glean some useful information, especially with diplomacy players who are already good at concealing their intent.

Secondly, I've mostly been involved more in live games of mafia, not games that take several days for each phase to occur. The combination of these two aspects have made it so that my votes might seem scummy. I think if you look at my content overall, they're more like someone who's pretty confused as to what's going on, rather than someone who is deliberately trying to play as scum. For example, in the first day, I voted for AFK Computer_Genius. After a bit, I realized that was a horrible lynch, and switched to someone who was being supported by someone with, as far as I could tell, strong town vibes.

This day, I've been pretty confused as well, with all the ND and Chaqa-ness. ND seemed to have less of a motive to fakeclaim when I read his stuff, and eventually I decided to vote for Chaqa. Now, I think I'll unvote, and catch up with the stuff that's been happening while I sleep.

##UNVOTE
Here is the post where you changed your vote from Computer_Genius to
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 pm
After getting some food in my stomach, I'm rereading through the thread. I'm gonna hop off the Computer_Genius wagon, since he's probably never gonna talk. I find BobMcBob as giving off too many town vibes to attempt a hang on.

##VOTE VAPORWAVE
The reason you gave sounds different than "I realized that was a horrible lynch". Why did you realize it was a horrible lynch with 7 minutes left in D1? The reason that vote looks so suspicious is that you waited until you could change your vote from Computer_Genius to Vapor without making BobMcBob the top wagon.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1511 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Huh. That's a good catch Bozo. Maybe we will wind up getting two scum in two days.

Jamiet99uk

#1512 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Vote Count Two-Point-Eight

frostwind(11) - DemonRHK, damo666, dargorygel, rdrivera2005, ItsHosuke, Temasek22, KalelChase, BunnyGo, Chaqa, bozotheclown, purplecow.
Chaqa(5) - Vecna, Kitsune, xorxes, CmdrLikely, ND.
bo_sox48(1) - FlaviusAetius
rdrivera2005(1) - Tom Bombadil

Unvoted: BionicMole, Frostwind.

FROSTWIND is set for the hangman's noose.

Three hours and fifteen minutes remain until nightfall.

Vecna

#1513 Post by Vecna » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Is it really a good catch though, Chaqa?

frostwind

#1514 Post by frostwind » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 pm
frostwind wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##UNVOTE
frostwind wrote:
After getting some food in my stomach, I'm rereading through the thread. I'm gonna hop off the Computer_Genius wagon, since he's probably never gonna talk. I find BobMcBob as giving off too many town vibes to attempt a hang on.

##VOTE VAPORWAVE
The reason you gave sounds different than "I realized that was a horrible lynch". Why did you realize it was a horrible lynch with 7 minutes left in D1? The reason that vote looks so suspicious is that you waited until you could change your vote from Computer_Genius to Vapor without making BobMcBob the top wagon.
I simply did not see BobMcBob as an actual strong wagon: again, another sign of not keeping up with exactly how scummy everyone looked, and thought I'd switch to the next strong wagon that came up. I get it looks suspicious with such a short time period remaining, and I understand I was wrong about Bob. But really it's more a consequence of my failing to understand how bad Bob was than my wanting to protect scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1515 Post by Chaqa » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:46 pm
Is it really a good catch though, Chaqa?
I mean, it's better than what the case was based on before (which was... very little, as far as I can tell).

I still think Dargo is much more likely to be scum, though it seems most have resigned to Frost being the lynch.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1516 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Huh. That's a good catch Bozo. Maybe we will wind up getting two scum in two days.
This is exactly what I have been saying since N1 and you give credit to Bozo? Buddying him?

e.m.c^42

#1517 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:05 pm

Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:30 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:25 am
Oi, ye shitgoblers, cuno in this bitch. Who wants to go raid som'ere dustbins for leftovers?
i'm a dusty leftover, feel free to raid me anytime ;)
Wat? Are you try'na prick me with your prick? STAY AWAY FROM ME.

SEXUAL ASSAULT. OF A MINOR. SAVE THE STREET URCHINS. HEEEELP
Hey, you can always do the prickin ;p

jack saul, mary-ann 'n all

e.m.c^42

#1518 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:06 pm

I think I am too lazy to actually have replies in catch up outside of shitposts, occasional posts will have to do

bozotheclown

#1519 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:10 pm

frostwind wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##Vote Frostwind

##UNVOTE
In this post, who were you referring to when you said you "switched to someone who was being supported by someone with, as far as I could tell, strong town vibes."

BunnyGo

#1520 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:10 pm

frostwind wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:56 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 pm
frostwind wrote:

##UNVOTE
frostwind wrote:

##VOTE VAPORWAVE
I simply did not see BobMcBob as an actual strong wagon: again, another sign of not keeping up with exactly how scummy everyone looked, and thought I'd switch to the next strong wagon that came up. I get it looks suspicious with such a short time period remaining, and I understand I was wrong about Bob. But really it's more a consequence of my failing to understand how bad Bob was than my wanting to protect scum.
I’ll just say: lots of us didn’t vote bob (even this dumb bunny who shaded him and voted for him once). But you were shady about it. Does that make sense?