MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#541 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:52 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:02 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:01 pm
Horrifyingly, for a short while each night, as a result of your ill-advised experiments, you undergo a bizarre transformation, and you fall under the grip of the evil Mister Hyde. Mister Hyde has a Night Kill on odd-numbered nights only. This Night Kill can NOT be withheld, and is directed not by you, but by another player outside of the sign up list. This player will be an existing webDip member who has played Mafia before. They will know your identity; you will not know theirs. If Hyde targets Jack the Ripper, or Dr Jekyll, the attack will fail.
Reading this, I interpret this as Hyde having an NK on the first night? Don't believe there's an exception written, unless am misreading.
Thats how I saw it too, why wouldnt they get a kill on the first night?

FlaviusAetius

#542 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 pm
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Eh...I think if I do the same thing every game it’s gonna get old. Gonna go lurk the rest of the day. See you after EOD.
After how involved Bunny was last game, this gives me the wrong vibe, He's getting my vote until he comes back and stops lurking.

##Vote BunnyGo
Yes, we need more Bunny. ##VOTE Bunny

Kitsune, Vecna and ND are also too quiet.
Ok lurking isnt a reason to vote especially not day 1, how about you demand bunny to not lurk or else he gets the boot, simple dimples, no need to jump to conclusions

BunnyGo

#543 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm

purplecow wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Line of questioning about Purple “latching” onto Vecna. I.E. from Flav to Purple. Question @Purple: Why did you latch onto Vecna or anyone for that matter? Vecna is trash. Literally the worst person in the world to “Latch” onto.
I was using the terminology Flav was. I am willing to change my vote for anyone else I deem suspicious.
Well @purple, it's go time. Anything suspicious jump out at you yet? Because I've been doing ISOs (that is, using the bot to read just each player's posts in isolation of the thread) and all the other top scum reads for me disappeared. But you...you seem to be saying nothing enthusiastically. I wonder what you actually think, but for now ##VOTE purple

BunnyGo

#544 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:26 pm
BionicMole wrote:

After how involved Bunny was last game, this gives me the wrong vibe, He's getting my vote until he comes back and stops lurking.

##Vote BunnyGo
Yes, we need more Bunny. ##VOTE Bunny

Kitsune, Vecna and ND are also too quiet.
Ok lurking isnt a reason to vote especially not day 1, how about you demand bunny to not lurk or else he gets the boot, simple dimples, no need to jump to conclusions
Oh boy! We get to watch Flav catch up in real time

FlaviusAetius

#545 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:56 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:36 pm
I’m not 100% sold on Chaqa’s claim, but I’m nearly certain he is town.

@Flava Flav: Basic information processing question - Why do you prefer 20 one line replies instead of one in depth concise post?

@VioletBovine: Do you stand by a lynch vote based on in character flavor posting?
Because no one is going to read it like that, and again, I end up looking at the past to inform my current post, I want to read the game how it was meant to be read, I want to read the game how it was meant to be posted. if I do so any other way I risk getting led down rabbit holes

BunnyGo

#546 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:57 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:45 pm

I guess you are back to evil Bunny :cry:

And maybe this spreadsheet is just bullshit and he decided to jump into the biggest wagon
I don't scum read you. I think you're looking townish for now. But KALEL said you're his biggest scum read, then votes for someone else?! What's Kalel doing...

FlaviusAetius

#547 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:40 pm
BionicMole wrote:

##Vote BunnyGo
Instinctively, I was about to also vote for him, but I think there's more to him than meets the eye

he sounded with a trumpet that he plans to lurk and only be available for EOD, that is asking for negative attention, making himself a lynch target, it's stupid for a mafioso to act like this

so no..I think our Bunny Boy is up to something
:? bunny is a smart dude, and smart dudes, will listen to a lot of pressure, therefore we just demand bunny not lurk, and boom no lurking from bunny, no need to wonder why he wants to lurk, FORCE him not too, besides you shouldnt be lurking unless you have stuff irl going on

FlaviusAetius

#548 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Computer_Genius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone, took me a while to find the game thread so I'll be sure to bookmark it from now on :). I'm just another townie.
so you didnt read anything, you just made a post :?
seems odd

FlaviusAetius

#549 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:48 pm
Let's visit peterbot and choose a suspect..

##VOTE Bob

I've disliked everything he's posted so far
So are you telling me you looked at literally everyone's post individually and decided bob's are the worse? i dont believe you

FlaviusAetius

#550 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:50 pm
for those curious, yes I'm currently half-pocketed by e.m.c

other half is opinion: I think he's not actually scum, he's way too candid about his own traits and very open when interacting with peeps
? emc has just been talking about mechanics this entire time, he's basically said nothing that actually matters, what in the world are you talking about

FlaviusAetius

#551 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:01 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:22 am
##vote nolynch

Too little content, barely anything to go on. And with the possibility of scum taking each other out why not. Maybe I'll have this as a placeholder
ngl this is probably what we should do, but we should still find someone to vote on...HMM
then again the mafia might get the jitters on the first night and we end up in the EXACT same place on day 2, we need to lynch someone, and besides if we decide NOT to lynch no one, then no one has any reason to talk, not gonna work buddy

FlaviusAetius

#552 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:03 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Kalel, I'd say a decent amount of stuff has occurred since your last list :D

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment
This is EXACTLY my point, ALL YOU DO is ask questions, your not actually participating in any discussion :? why not respond to whats already going on, instead of just living in your own world??

FlaviusAetius

#553 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:09 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:09 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:38 am
Kalel, I'd say a decent amount of stuff has occurred since your last list :D

Want to update us? Was going to do feedback on last one but it feels too out-of-date to be of use, so waiting for newest one at the moment
e.m.c. I did manage to clean out my basement and write a draft of my story, but I'm thinking you meant in the game. Yeah, I've added some stuff to the chart, but not as much non-neutral as you might think. I'm trying something where I can change the weight of a case/accusation after the target's role is reviled. I should be able to do an update a good couple of hours before EOD tomorrow... holding off on my vote until then, but pretty sure I'm not going to NoLynch. Not convinced, yet, to jump on Bunny. The first time I did that (for other reasons), he was town.
Stop trying to break mafia with a list, its not going to work, it clearly didnt work last time. Your going to think things that arent actually true, and are just going to get lost in your list. Plus it doesnt make you talk as much about things that matter, instead all you do is talk about your list that clearly didnt even work last time.

bozotheclown

#554 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:09 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:34 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:25 am

Agreed, except I've found in the past that as much as bozo focuses on mechanics, he's usually wrong with the analysis of the mechanics. So this is NAI IMHO.
That is a vague statement and therefore impossible to defend. Can you give me specific examples of where you felt I was wrong? I assume you are referring to M50.
It sure is. I think the focus on Mass claim dynamic there was incorrect (it did work in D3, but I think that early was incorrect). IIRC (which we know I probably don't) there was more focus in M49, and I think I led a lynch on you then because of it. Well...that game didn't go well.

All this is to say, I don't think your focus on mechanics is AI, whether or not I agree with your analysis. It's just what you do, and it's contributing in its own way. Just they way some people think my random blathering is contributing. I strongly disagree with them, but...give the people what they want, eh?
In M50, I did not advocate for a mass claim D1 after the restart because of the updated assassin role, what I was suggesting would have resulted in the top 2 or 3 scum suspects claiming their role D1, which I believe could have been effective.

In M49, all I was trying to do was conduct a scum survey D1, the point was to get everyone on record and to see who would object. If I remember correctly, 3 out of the 4 scum failed to participate in the survey, and the player receiving the most scum votes turned out to be scum.

purplecow

#555 Post by purplecow » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:10 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:54 pm
purplecow wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:23 pm
ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Line of questioning about Purple “latching” onto Vecna. I.E. from Flav to Purple. Question @Purple: Why did you latch onto Vecna or anyone for that matter? Vecna is trash. Literally the worst person in the world to “Latch” onto.
I was using the terminology Flav was. I am willing to change my vote for anyone else I deem suspicious.
Well @purple, it's go time. Anything suspicious jump out at you yet? Because I've been doing ISOs (that is, using the bot to read just each player's posts in isolation of the thread) and all the other top scum reads for me disappeared. But you...you seem to be saying nothing enthusiastically. I wonder what you actually think, but for now ##VOTE purple
I'll ##VOTE bob. If computer doesn't vote they'll be modkilled and they still haven't voted so that seems like a waste.

FlaviusAetius

#556 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:23 am
frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:21 am
Finally, a question to the moderators: is it acceptable to scrape data from either the WebDip forums or mafia.peterlund.se? It would greatly aid in a quick automated check of each player's messages.
GM NOTE: This would not violate the rules in any way that I can see.
not sure what thats going to tell you unless you know what to look for...

FlaviusAetius

#557 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm

frostwind wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:32 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:29 am
First of all, welcome :D

and second, what are you looking to do with said data? It should be fine, iirc bozo has said in the past that he does something similar, I believe he's trained some AI software with the past games from here for reads.
Thanks for the kind words, e.m.c! As for right now, I feel like machine learning would be much too advanced for me to implement in such a short timeframe, but I will be, at the very minimum, searching through text for how many messages each player posted, when said messages were posted, player mentions of other players, frequent words in text, and probably some form of sentiment analysis.
People take different strategies per game, or things come up, your going to find people guilty, and probably not guilty for the right reasons, and probably wont actually be guilty, and as with kalel your going to be obsessed with your data, that you wont be actually participating, so then we never really get to analyze you

purplecow

#558 Post by purplecow » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 pm

By "seems like a waste" I mean all of the computer votes would be null.

FlaviusAetius

#559 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:16 pm

“chill dude, dont look too deeply into everyone's posts or your just going to go down a rabbit hole that will lead literally no where”

Yeah GUYS, just don’t look too deeply into anything, k? W.T.F? Seriously, Flav, wtf are you trying to say here? I think Flav’s further 11 assessment of potential Hyde interactions is possible though; probably likely due to the mystery controller. The person is probably a total derp knowing the people in this community. --ND

Maybe just maybe dont look at every its and the that people post and you won't get lost, but if you want to look at every little thing every single person does as I said your going to get down in a rabbit hole and your not going to look at the big picture. people type really fast in this game, and most people arent thinking of every single thing their typing, and far too often do people see one thing and then accuse scum, wayyyyy too quickly. im not saying DONT look deeply, im saying take a chill pill for a moment, and dont JUMP to conclusions.

oh wait i forgot, thats ALL you do

FlaviusAetius

#560 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:21 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:47 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:39 am
I am not sure Dr. Jekyll is an asset. Maybe they should announce who they are so we can lynch them D1.
If I hadn't played 2 games with you already I'd be sure this was the scummiest post I've seen. Instead, I think you're just wrong.
Ok you clearly havent read, they DID announce, and it was actually a GOOD thing
why do you think its scummy, when its absolutely the best thing that could of happened
Chaqa is now basically a town-clear and gets to save people, you literally cant beat that my dude