MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1001 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:53 am
There is a remote, outside, insane alternative that Chaqa is Jack. Maybe his whole "I am Jekyll" claim D1 was an attempt to signal to the outside controller as the controller would know that he was in fact not Jekyll/Hyde. The controller knows that I am Jekyll thus that would act as a signal to that controller. As the game progressed, Chaqa could drop the ruse and claim he was lying. And Jack/hyde can win together.

I don't know, it's pretty crazy and that isn't meant as an insult to your gambit if that is indeed what you did Chaqa, but you would have to have known that the real Jekyll wouldn't allow for ongoing deaths every odd night. I don't think you would do this as Jack; I don't know who would do this. That leaves the only option as you being a mafia role who set yourself up to try to take out the day doctor.

I guess you thought it was a decent trade at first. You didn't count on someone actually using the role to mitigate your team and potentially the other team so well I reckon. :D

So now you are caught in a situation where your team failed to impact any status quo change N1 and your claim failed. Thus, basically your entire gambit is ruined and with it potentially your team's chance at success.
That plan just doesn't make any sense. I am completely lost as to why you're counter-claiming me. If you go back, I made a post thinking your arrogant-know-all and know-better-than-thy and such was you pretending to be Sherlock Holmes, or softing Sherlock. I even called you Mr. Holmes.

I can't fathom why you're now trying to get me lynched unless you're mafia, but I don't know why either mafia team would take a 1-for-1 against Jekyll.

So... what gives? Why are you doing this?

BunnyGo

#1002 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?

ND is full of crap.
Did you get targeted last night?

BunnyGo

#1003 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:36 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 am
##vote chaqa

##end
##CALL GM

If Jeckyl uses his powers during the day, does the effect say even if he gets lynched?
##CALL GM bumping this question

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1004 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am
Chaqa wrote:
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

ND is full of crap.
Can you be more specific?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1005 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
ND wrote:
##vote chaqa

##end
##CALL GM

If Jeckyl uses his powers during the day, does the effect say even if he gets lynched?
He answered, and it does not.

LIkewise, I couldn't be roleblocked from my save because I used it literally a few hours into Day 1.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1006 Post by dargorygel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 am

Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.
Not done reading... But no, Hyde would not care about a fakeclaim

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1007 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:03 am

I'm going to take a few hours and relax. Let's get more people on to weigh in and wait for the inevitable secon counter-claim, because that would be hilarious.

Also - am I the only one who had no idea Jack's kill was even-nights? I completely missed that.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1008 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:04 am

I also want to point out that ND's claim is:
1. I'm lying about my role
2. Mafia Team 1 AND 2 decided to kill him, MEANWHILE:
3. Mafia Team 2 decided to ROLEBLOCK him

He is AWFULLY full of himself.

BunnyGo

#1009 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 am
Conversely, anyone voting ND or Chaqa right now is FUCKING STUPID.

Hyde doesn’t kill N2. Make the scum sort that shit out.
Sorry, what?

You don't want to see one of them flip sooner rather than later? You don't care to figure out why one is lying?

I mean, in general we have 6/21 odds of finding a scum. Right now, I give it 1/2 between them. And the other is Jeckyl that many (INCLUDING BOTH CHAQ AND ND) believe is no big loss to town to lose.

worcej

#1010 Post by worcej » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am
Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.
I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
This Night Kill can NOT be withheld
Hyde must order a NightKill, so the fact that he didn't successfully kill anyone simply means that his target was commuted or saved.

Actually. Two more interesting things I'm noticing about the J/H role now I'm poring over it.

##Call GM

In the case of a Roleblock, I note that Jekyll can order his heal in the day phase prior to the night phase and it will apply for the subsequent night phase as well.

I see the order of actions each phase.

1. Will a roleblock have any impact on the heal action if the heal action is executed one phase earlier (ie, in the previous day phase)?

2. Will a roleblock on Hyde prevent Hyde's night kill? This is another possible explanation for last night's tranquility.
GM Response:

1. The Jekyll Heal is a day action, so any RB will not effect it since the action already happened.

2. Yes. Since Hyde is Jekyll, any RB on Jekyll will RB Hyde.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1011 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:07 am

My hot take on the J&H claims is either

A) Chaqa is the strongman

Or

B) ND is the team 2 goon

And (A) fits the current narrative better.

Regardless, still voting frost. Gonna ride or die this tunnel atm.

BunnyGo

#1012 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:08 am

BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
ND wrote:
##vote chaqa

##end
##CALL GM

##HANGUP GM I saw the answer. Thanks.

BunnyGo

#1013 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am

Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
Ummm...that's pretty stupid. More likely Hyde caught a commuter or the other doctor's heal worked. I'm still waiting for anyone to claim they were saved.

But you got no messages that someone tried to NK you? Your self-heal wasn't used?

xorxes

#1014 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:09 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57 am
I can't fathom why you're now trying to get me lynched unless you're mafia, but I don't know why either mafia team would take a 1-for-1 against Jekyll.
That's what's so baffling. Town was quite ready to lynch Jekyll soon enough, so why is one of you sacrificing yourself to lynch someone that was probably going to be an easy lynch anyway?

ND

#1015 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:10 am

Luckily the roleblock doesn't affect the day save which makes it a valuable power because it must occur before the roleblock in the order of GM adjudication of night powers. Either way, I was roleblocked but it didn't affect my day save I put on myself when I started my lightning rod opening.

Anyway, counterclaim days suck. I've been in several before. It sucks when you are in that spot whether you are being honest about your role or you have to lie and pretend your something your not. Chaqa is doing fine. He is in an impossible situation. I'm sure he will be happy if he gets me lynched. He succeeds in making the trade -his life for mine and ending the potential my role has to protect people-. But, really the role has just as much potential to kill townies as save them so I'm fine with it too. If I get lynched first fine, you got me, but all you got was a role that does as much harm as good and we weaken your team Chaqa by 1/3 anyway. You know, as well as I do, that they will lynch you 100% guaranteed D3 if you get me today. Your death to your team hurts your team way more than it hurts mine. I am fine with it.

The best thing, I reckon, about this CC day is that a) it's early b) we lynched mafia D1 and I mitigated most or everything N1 c) the only thing lost here is a the day doc/odd night potential killer, d) a mafia certainly dies either D2 or D3 because of this.

BunnyGo

#1016 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:11 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am

I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
This Night Kill can NOT be withheld
Hyde must order a NightKill, so the fact that he didn't successfully kill anyone simply means that his target was commuted or saved.

Actually. Two more interesting things I'm noticing about the J/H role now I'm poring over it.

##Call GM

In the case of a Roleblock, I note that Jekyll can order his heal in the day phase prior to the night phase and it will apply for the subsequent night phase as well.

I see the order of actions each phase.

1. Will a roleblock have any impact on the heal action if the heal action is executed one phase earlier (ie, in the previous day phase)?

2. Will a roleblock on Hyde prevent Hyde's night kill? This is another possible explanation for last night's tranquility.
GM Response:

1. The Jekyll Heal is a day action, so any RB will not effect it since the action already happened.

2. Yes. Since Hyde is Jekyll, any RB on Jekyll will RB Hyde.
If Hyde is RB, does he not get to stabby stabby, choke, choke, throttle, and kill?

xorxes

#1017 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:11 am

Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.

What? What did your EON PM say?

BunnyGo

#1018 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:12 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:07 am
My hot take on the J&H claims is either

A) Chaqa is the strongman

Or

B) ND is the team 2 goon

And (A) fits the current narrative better.

Regardless, still voting frost. Gonna ride or die this tunnel atm.
Sorry, what? You think you have an either or on a scum, and you aren't going to flip one? :?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1019 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 am
Conversely, anyone voting ND or Chaqa right now is FUCKING STUPID.

Hyde doesn’t kill N2. Make the scum sort that shit out.
Sorry, what?

You don't want to see one of them flip sooner rather than later? You don't care to figure out why one is lying?

I mean, in general we have 6/21 odds of finding a scum. Right now, I give it 1/2 between them. And the other is Jeckyl that many (INCLUDING BOTH CHAQ AND ND) believe is no big loss to town to lose.
You’re advocating risking a mislynch of a town or in a multimafia game. The lying member is a member of one of those teams, and conversely can’t harm town until N3. There is not a reason to waste a lynch when it isn’t needed yet. Shit, I said day one jekell and Hyde was A day three lynch

In addition, if kills happen N2, and we send the guilty party to the rope, they will have the option (dear both scum teams, hear me out) of revealing who their team killed to town to try to help catch the other scumteam.

xorxes

#1020 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 am
Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.
Not done reading... But no, Hyde would not care about a fakeclaim
I agree, they would not especially care.