MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#561 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:58 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:15 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 am
That last proposal I find rather interesting, though. I like it.
That's either way too clever or it doesn't make sense.
Are xorxes, emc, and rdr a scum team all just publicly saying nothing for half this thread so that we think they're clever? Was there any content to their posts besides:

"I don't understand this"
'Isn't it like that?'
"Oh, you're clever"
'No, you're clever!'
"Oh I'm pocketing you"
'I'm pocketing you'
BIG FACTS RIGHT HERE, BIGGGGG FACTS, NONE OF THEM ARE DOING ANYTHING

damo666

#562 Post by damo666 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:24 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 am
@noobs don't be put off by ND"s abrasive style. It's just him messing around.
Damo,

Influencing us (gonna keep myself in newbie slot) that don't have a ND meta would imply that you are town leaning him? Or are you just trying to influence us to stay neutral? If the former can you give us a bit more 'reason'?
I suspect he is town but nothing specific, just meta. My main point was to advise those totally unfamiliar with ND is that he is often like that, dont' let it sidetracked you.

FlaviusAetius

#563 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:07 am
Temasek22 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Not against this vote :-) I love it when new players are assertive
I find new players always hating on Vecna's role playing for whatever reason, lmao.

Also, there's significantly less activity this time IMHO ##unvote
Agreed, I just hate on it for being a nothingburger.

And as for less activity? You miss me...I know you do...But I'm gone after this sprint. You do some activity.
You make no sense, if you are tired of being active then dont play, if not then start playing I understand your whole speech about wanting others to talk, but obviously its not working, so just DO BOTH, be active and demand others talk too, its not hard my dude

FlaviusAetius

#564 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:12 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:28 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Eh...I think if I do the same thing every game it’s gonna get old. Gonna go lurk the rest of the day. See you after EOD.
:? :? :? uh huh, so now your just gonna be silent the entire game, instead of having a nice chat??? :? :? :? idc who you are or what persona your playing, thats not gonna sit well with me big buddy
Do I every say anything, or am I just loud? I think loud. But no. I'm employed now 8-) so I can't just do this all the time. And anyways, I'm not going to keep up the same asshole persona all the time. It's tiring, and it doesn't actually help the town usually. It just adds a lot of noise.
oh congrats on finding a job, but you dont have to be mean to be active :) just call things for how you think of them, anyways most people are going to try to trick you up anyways, so its all really just looking at things critically

FlaviusAetius

#565 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:38 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:34 am
dargorygel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 pm
At this point I'm happy with a bunny lynch, but there are others who need some pressure.
Itshosuke doesn't just lurk, but he gives s post like he is trying to look serious. Come play, hosuke.

##vote itshosuke
EXACTLY! Town points for you. Here's a cookie :cookie:
Hey! How is voting for me getting town points! :( :( :(

I'm here, still trying to understand the mechanics and all the mechanics talk. I think H/J is a good D4 claim-and-lynch? Not sure tho...
Chaqa revealed, why arent you reading

FlaviusAetius

#566 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:33 pm

ItsHosuke wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:39 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 am
Well then...I'm off. Might be back by EOD. Don't count on it.
And no townleans?!
No one has to solve the game in the first few pages, he gave his reads, you havent thats a lot more than you, someone who clearly hasnt read

FlaviusAetius

#567 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:34 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 am
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Already feeling strong town pings coming from xorxes

it's nothing strong, but I wanted to say it because this vibe is there
Seriously what? I get this might be a mispost but it feels strange. Says it's strong and then says it isn't. Pick one please. Which is it?
that is strange, what the heck vapor?

FlaviusAetius

#568 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:01 am
KalelChase wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:07 pm
CmdrLikely wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:43 am
Hello all. Go team Town!
But seriously, our we just going to lynch a random person? This is my first Mafia on this forum but it seems too quiet to make an informed decision?
Cmdr,
Welcome.
So you normally play F2F, or on another forum?
Yup, F2F Werewolf has a regular group in my town. Sorry about the radio silence, I was at a megagame all day, based on Battle Star Galactica of all things. We found the Cylon, but I was the only person that voted to lynch him. :eyeroll:

Anyways, I'm on holidays this week, so obviously I'm going to be sitting at my computer all day on webdip :)

Sorry, ND, if my shitty icebreaker sounded forced.

We should definitely Lynch instead of NoLynch.

Here's my two cents:
Normally I'd say avoiding conversations is one sign of scumminess, albeit not the strongest. Gauging by the stats at the time of this writing, that would implicate [Myself, Kitsune, Computer_Genius] with 1 post each.
Reading again their posts this game, these players have also been the most not-helpful. With this post, I increase my contribution albeit slightly. I'm lead to believe that this is uncharacteristic of Kitsune, and that they have some IRL excuse so I'm willing to not read into it too much this phase.

At this point, I could enter the discussion on mechanics or talk about other angles on analyzing players' posts, but I'm an Occam's Razor kind of person. I don't see any reason to consider the facts further than necessary for the purpose of Day 1 lynching. The low post quantity and quality leaves the expectation we aren't expected to get much value from Computer_Genius. Even if he is town, I think it's the safest lynch. Change my mind.

##vote Computer_Genius
Im putting my vote down on bozo, you should do the same
##vote bozo
Computer_Genius hasnt done anything this game, and thats exactly why you shouldnt lynch him, Im SUPER against lynching lurkers day 1, theres a thousand reasons why you could be lurking, but most importantly we can actually have meaningful discussion Day 1, but if all we do is chalk it up to lurking, not a good look. Plus then active scum can just hide in plain sight, ontop of this we can force the lurkers to speak when their on, no reason to vote them...plus if they are really inactive they are modkilled anyways seems pretty useless ESPECIALLY on Day 1
As for bozo, he's talked about mechanics(emc too) which actually makes me want to vote emc...
##vote emc
emc has also just been asking questions, and hasnt actually been an active participant...makes you wonder...and everyone continues to excuse him based on meta but guess what i dont think you should consider meta because people can change all the time, and ontop of that people can exploit that, just not worth it

damo666

#569 Post by damo666 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:41 pm

The Bob wagon is bad.

He's probably town and probably male.

FlaviusAetius

#570 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 am
I can't believe I'm going to advocate this - having been a victim of the first-ever WebDip Mafia lynch for supporting it - but in this SPECIFIC setup, I think a Day 1 no-lynch may actually be a not-terrible idea.

We're going to have three deaths tonight. All of the deaths have a chance of hitting mafia, whereas in a vanilla game, zero (or maybe one if SK) do. Temasek may be on to something for suggesting no-lynch, and I'm giving him SERIOUS towncred for bringing it up.

So for now...

##Vote no-lynch

And also, +1337 towncred to Tem.
I explained why its bad in a response to his post, but here's ANOTHER point to that;
If we kill someone, then....they have an EVEN GREATER CHANCE of hitting a mafia person
ALSO as someone else said, these mafia are also scumhunting so they are going to be able to act as legit townies, that means the people who they think are town, actually might be mafia

FlaviusAetius

#571 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:47 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am
xorxes wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Some people have a weird sense of humor. But we really should be asking him rather than speculate about it: @Bob, what was the point of your claim, and what do you make of people's reaction to it?
Yeah, it was going to come to this eventually. I claimed for a few reasons:
a) A bit of a joke
b) As a possible way to draw Jack's NK
c) I wanted to start forging out a playstyle for myself so I wasn't just "that noob over there" and
d) Yes, a bit of a reaction test

Mostly c) and d) though

I wanted to see if anybody jumped on it despite me stating that it was a joke, and if so, in what way, whether it indicated scum or ripper (or just plain town).

Damo kind of just responded to it at first, not particularly interestingly, probably just fishing for a response. I considered it, but needed to give it a while longer to sit before mentioning it again. His conclusion later was odd given my insistence it was a joke, but not entirely wrong.

Then he went and ruined it by calling me out for trying to draw an NK, but that wasn't my main purpose anyway, and I still feel like he's pretty towny.

With your response to damo's response, I'm also getting some town vibes, although I think you are misunderstanding him a bit. Then again, damo talking about it as though I was very likely town, just because of a supposed weak NK draw that I did is odd. Question: is damo normally like this? I have very little meta to go on.

So unfortuantely I feel like it was somewhat wasted, as I didn't get anyone trying to kill me for it, but town townreads is okay I think.

Also getting significant scum vibes from Vapor, he almost seems like he's trying to be clueless. Either that or he's just extremely clueless, and I don't think that's the case.
O_O
reactions tests are literally the worse thing to ever happen in mafia
a JOKE??? CMON DUDE no one is believing you on THAT
So the playstyle you wanted to edge out, was a 'joke' what???
not sure WHY you want to be jack's victim, it literally makes no sense, what are you getting at here dude, im honestly so confused

FlaviusAetius

#572 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:13 am
In fact, thinking more about it, I believe a no-lynch is actually optimal, given that all night-kills are possibly hitting scum.
this isnt leading town BTW

FlaviusAetius

#573 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:49 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:47 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:53 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:39 am

You see, e.m.c, I shall indeed talk with thee
But the Masters is stealing much time from me
Do not be offended by my great lack of talking
My time is used taking control of the Balkans

(Disclaimer: That Balkans thing was intended to somewhat rhyme and should not be used as an indication of which country I am in any games)
:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dang dude your actually good at rhyming, that was pretty neat, very fancy words too, are you planning to talk like this the entire time you two? because i need to bring a dictionary then right next to me xd
No I was just having some fun
While none but emc were on
By engaging in rhyme
To pass off the time
But now my rhyme time is all done
:-D
:-)

FlaviusAetius

#574 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:53 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:23 am
BionicMole wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm
On Chaqa's claim, hmm

Don't quite see any motivation for him to claim at this point, unless he's VT stirring shit, but give me time to think a bit more

regarding it as a null thing for now as currently thinking more
I have been thinking about this for the last 10 minutes or so and I felt pretty good about Chaq's explanation until I ran across bozo's post saying Jekyll should claim (#61). Then I started to think that maybe this could be a ploy between scum teammates to throw us off in the early stages.
This is a good point. I foolishly did not consider this. I think I may be doing that thing I did with Ezio where I was just like "this strategy is so outrageous it must be town!" And I was wrong last time, I may well be wrong again. Either way, I think Chaqa's decision wasn't great if he is Jekyll, and, as with Ezio, my confidence of it as a town play is decreasing somewhat.
the mafia need to not only beat another mafia team, but also a few 3rd parties, they are NOT going to risk one of their teammates to take a risk for the bigger cause, they dont win if town doesnt win, they win THEY WIN, this is a town play

ND

#575 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 pm

“I am missing something here. Why a no-lynch is better on this setup?”
Rdr, 22. It’s not.

“With the set up D1 No Lynch is stronger than a typical game and I wouldn't be averse.”
Damo, 22. In other words, he is softing support to see if a wagon starts so he can join it.

“some interesting connections between chaqa and ND that might prove to be scum communicating pre-QT.”
Darg, 24
Lol. That’s beyond retarded.

“I don't really have a good feeling on his posts so far and his wagon looks good,”
ItsHosuke, 24
No original thought. Following the bandwagon.

“Influencing us (gonna keep myself in newbie slot) that don't have a ND meta would imply that you are town leaning him?”
Katel, 26
That is a good question. I want to know the answer too.
Post read edit: I guess he answered.

“ND, thanks for your thoughts. What do you think about the movement to lynch BobMcBob?”
Cmdr, 26
Honestly, Bob hasn’t really been on my radar. A few people, like Hosuke as noted above just jumped on because it looked “cool” so it seems like a wagon with some people looking for someone to vote for i.e. blending in.

“No Lynch is a terrible idea. Even scum has a 20% chance to vote for a target beneficial to us.”
DemonRHK, 26
Big true right there

“Will post my thoughts on similar game mechanics soon.”
Frostwind, 26
That’s great please post all your thoughts about mechanics. With a few hours left in the day and you know some 20+/30 pages to read we need to really have a deep dive into mechanics again. /sarcasm

“And I totally agree about the focus they had on me for lurking as opposed to everyone else.”
Bunny, 27
It’s kind of bizarre really.

“@ND I'm looking forward to your summary post, instead of reaction shots. Where you feeling right now? Thoughts on mechanics? Thoughts on players on specific interactions?”
Bunny, 27
Honestly, I just got to catch up on this damn game. Doing what I can. Lol. Mechanics. That’s all you people talk about.

“Ah I missed ND. I love the attacks on my intelligence - you know, he didn’t use to do those before I stopped agreeing with him on political matters.”

Chaqa, 27
Hmm. Is that so? Baseless statement honestly. Your just muddying the waters.

“oh wait i forgot, thats ALL you do”
Are you saying all I do is jump to conclusions? That seems like a predetermined conclusion you just made. Catch 22 I guess.

After catching up. My main suspects right now are
-ItsHosuke
-Dargorygel
-Vaporwave

Suspicious of Frostwind, Bionic, Emc
but I wouldn't vote in that suspicious group today.

Obviously, not a full, maxed out list, but it's what comes to mind.

I would vote for ItsHosuke, Darg, or Vapor today.

##VOTE ItsHosuke

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#576 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:41 pm
The Bob wagon is bad.

He's probably town and probably male.
I want to give towncred to Damo for this. The fact he recognizes the Bob wagon is bad is minor, but pointing out the male/female thing is a big town+ for me, it's something to consider that I don't think scum would necessarily be worried about so early.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#577 Post by Chaqa » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Someone should ping Computer, Kit, and EMC. They need to vote.

ND

#578 Post by ND » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Yeah anyone with a brain can see it's bad. It's not rocket science dudes.

FlaviusAetius

#579 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 am
Okay, I'm gonna chuck down a vote now, so you all have something to go on.
##Vote Vapor
Partially due to his "strong nothing strong," partially his "uncertainty" about Jack's win-con without even going to check it, partially for his voting emc because of his joking "buddying", and partially for calling me out for fluffing and a lack of solid opinions, despite me being scummed for that last game as town.
so it's my fault that people scummed you last game for no opinions?

No, I' don't have anything solid cause guess what...I'M TOWN

or maybe not since you vote for me
not how this one works, the mafia have no idea who is town and who is not, they just know their teammates,

BionicMole

#580 Post by BionicMole » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Computer_Genius hasnt done anything this game, and thats exactly why you shouldnt lynch him, Im SUPER against lynching lurkers day 1, theres a thousand reasons why you could be lurking, but most importantly we can actually have meaningful discussion Day 1, but if all we do is chalk it up to lurking, not a good look. Plus then active scum can just hide in plain sight, ontop of this we can force the lurkers to speak when their on, no reason to vote them...plus if they are really inactive they are modkilled anyways seems pretty useless ESPECIALLY on Day 1
That is the reason for getting my vote, to force them to say something so we can get their input. Same as it was when I had my vote on Bunny. I don't have anyone that is jumping out at me as 100% scum so if I am going to be part of a mislynch I would rather it be on someone that hasn't helped solve the mystery. We get information with the least amount of damage imo.