MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#801 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Ah I missed ND. I love the attacks on my intelligence - you know, he didn’t use to do those before I stopped agreeing with him on political matters. Glad to see you’re still a toxic and terrible person buddy <3

I think a no lynch is preferable to a bad lynch. Bob is a bad lynch. I’m thinking Dargo is almost certainly scum and Bunny seems off. No strong feel on the others on the Bob wagon yet.

Tem and xorxes seems town. Rivera seems town. Frost wind and EMC are town for now.

I will vote for no lynch, or Dargo, today.
Cuno be wondering what this dude's face was like after that brutal massacre

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#802 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Hey everyone. This is the first time I feel like I’ve subbed into a game and didn’t have a completely daunting read ahead of me to catch up. I hope to be caught up after work today and ready to go.

Vecna

#803 Post by Vecna » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:58 pm

ND wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:03 pm
“I am missing something here. Why a no-lynch is better on this setup?”
Rdr, 22. It’s not.

“With the set up D1 No Lynch is stronger than a typical game and I wouldn't be averse.”
Damo, 22. In other words, he is softing support to see if a wagon starts so he can join it.

“some interesting connections between chaqa and ND that might prove to be scum communicating pre-QT.”
Darg, 24
Lol. That’s beyond retarded.

“I don't really have a good feeling on his posts so far and his wagon looks good,”
ItsHosuke, 24
No original thought. Following the bandwagon.

“Influencing us (gonna keep myself in newbie slot) that don't have a ND meta would imply that you are town leaning him?”
Katel, 26
That is a good question. I want to know the answer too.
Post read edit: I guess he answered.

“ND, thanks for your thoughts. What do you think about the movement to lynch BobMcBob?”
Cmdr, 26
Honestly, Bob hasn’t really been on my radar. A few people, like Hosuke as noted above just jumped on because it looked “cool” so it seems like a wagon with some people looking for someone to vote for i.e. blending in.

“No Lynch is a terrible idea. Even scum has a 20% chance to vote for a target beneficial to us.”
DemonRHK, 26
Big true right there

“Will post my thoughts on similar game mechanics soon.”
Frostwind, 26
That’s great please post all your thoughts about mechanics. With a few hours left in the day and you know some 20+/30 pages to read we need to really have a deep dive into mechanics again. /sarcasm

“And I totally agree about the focus they had on me for lurking as opposed to everyone else.”
Bunny, 27
It’s kind of bizarre really.

“@ND I'm looking forward to your summary post, instead of reaction shots. Where you feeling right now? Thoughts on mechanics? Thoughts on players on specific interactions?”
Bunny, 27
Honestly, I just got to catch up on this damn game. Doing what I can. Lol. Mechanics. That’s all you people talk about.

“Ah I missed ND. I love the attacks on my intelligence - you know, he didn’t use to do those before I stopped agreeing with him on political matters.”

Chaqa, 27
Hmm. Is that so? Baseless statement honestly. Your just muddying the waters.

“oh wait i forgot, thats ALL you do”
Are you saying all I do is jump to conclusions? That seems like a predetermined conclusion you just made. Catch 22 I guess.

After catching up. My main suspects right now are
-ItsHosuke
-Dargorygel
-Vaporwave

Suspicious of Frostwind, Bionic, Emc
but I wouldn't vote in that suspicious group today.

Obviously, not a full, maxed out list, but it's what comes to mind.

I would vote for ItsHosuke, Darg, or Vapor today.

##VOTE ItsHosuke
Someone suddenly skipped 6 pages. Also, why arent you drawing any conclusions. Youre just pointing at stuff and providing your commentary that doesnt actually lead to anything.

damo666

#804 Post by damo666 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:04 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey everyone. This is the first time I feel like I’ve subbed into a game and didn’t have a completely daunting read ahead of me to catch up. I hope to be caught up after work today and ready to go.
Welcome to the game Tom. Whose side you on?

CmdrLikely

#805 Post by CmdrLikely » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Welcome Tom Bombadil. Since you are Vaporwave's replacement, obviously I will transfer my townlean from him to you. But I will also be watching you closely ;). I can imagine a strong possibility of a contradiction being made during a transition, if you are a scum role... which you're not... right?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#806 Post by DemonRHK » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Sorry I missed like a full fucking IRL day. Went out for lunch with friends yesterday and got blitzed on sake.

Good job on getting scum. I'm just happy my dumb parked ass didn't get in the way.

On a (very) brief glance over things, there looks like a huge shift near EoD.

But, he only has two scum buddies. Frost sticks out here to me, partially on the weak way he limped on the wagon, part on conf bias becuase I already scumlean'd him.

bozo feels off, and I like him for the other scumteam atm. The voteswapping feels like an attempt at an discovered lynch assurance.

FlaviusAetius

#807 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 pm

purplecow wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:08 pm
I panicked but it somehow worked out.
big facts right here, i didnt want commander to be lynched, and jumping on bob for a scumslip didnt seem right to me, but then vapor making a mistake, they all werent good options

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#808 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 pm

I see I was the scum counterwagon, so Im basically a townclear and everyone should listen to me :)

But really, upon first glance I’m suspicious of rdrivera for his comment along the lines of Bob looks bad...but I’m going to vote Damo because Bob already has pressure on him.

xorxes

#809 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 pm
purplecow wrote:
big facts right here, i didnt want commander to be lynched, and jumping on bob for a scumslip didnt seem right to me, but then vapor making a mistake, they all werent good options
Commander? Do you mean Computer_Genius? CmdrLikely was never under any threat.

What scumslip did Bob make? I don't think anyone accused him of any scumslips.

What mistake did Vapor make? I don't think anyone wanted to lynch him for making a mistake.

Kitsune

#810 Post by Kitsune » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:33 pm
bozo feels off, and I like him for the other scumteam atm. The voteswapping feels like an attempt at an discovered lynch assurance.
How do you mean Bozo feels off?

I agree he's playing differently to his usual style (hence my own scumlean on him), but I'd like to hear what you've discovered.

And...

What is Discovered Lynch Assurance?

FlaviusAetius

#811 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:56 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I am surprised, I thought Vapor was more likely to be scum between the two. It was an move calling attention to himself with that half way fake claim.
Vapor could still be scum.
He was the scumiest out of the three, that doesnt make him scum, but i wouldnt focus on him lol

FlaviusAetius

#812 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 pm
purplecow wrote:
Commander? Do you mean Computer_Genius? CmdrLikely was never under any threat.

What scumslip did Bob make? I don't think anyone accused him of any scumslips.

What mistake did Vapor make? I don't think anyone wanted to lynch him for making a mistake.
computer genius, yes(reason people wanted to lynch was because he was afk)
bob made the reaction test thing and basically everyone thought it was a scumslip and i was like chill probably not
and vapor said something wasnt strong and then said in the next sentence that it was

so basically those were the three cases, all incredibly weak

xorxes

#813 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 pm

If you search the thread for the word "knife", these are the first three posts that contain that word:
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 pm
You are WILLIAM BURKE, the GRAVE ROBBER

During the day you must vote for a suspect.
Once per game, at NIGHT, you may visit the grave of a character that has died by whatever means. You will recover any ITEMS which had been in their possession on their death, and may use those items just as if you were their original owner, although limited-use items are not recharged.

If you obtain a NOTEBOOK, you will find out who the owner of that notebook investigated, and the results – obtaining a notebook does not give you the ability to scan, track or watch for yourself. If you obtain Jack’s KNIFE, this does not give your team an additional nightkill. Instead, if you yourself are targeted by a nightly killing action while in possession of the knife, you will kill your assailant instead (the knife is then discarded).
worcej wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 pm
You are JACK, the WHITEHALL RIPPER

On EVEN numbered nights, you may perform a Night Kill using your KNIFE (item) on any player. If you target Mr. Hyde, your attack will fail.

You win the game if either of the following points is reached:

1. You have personally killed THREE female characters with your knife, by any point in the game.

2. The game reaches a point where only you and Dr.Jekyll / Mr.Hyde are left alive. At that point, Mr.Hyde wins with you, and Dr.Jekyll the rest of town, and the Mafia factions (which by this point are dead) all lose.

You are Third Party NK immune.
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:22 pm
Hyde doesn't win, but Jekyll does with town?

Anyway, there are so many nuances to this character, I think Jack is far more dangerous

Jack + scumbags, that's where we need to look

also I'm not sure if someone else killing a female will input a success onto Jack or rather that he needs to kill those ladies with his own knife
:shock:
So nobody had mentioned knives before Vapor other than the role PMs. My question to everyone, but especially to Tom is, why was Vapor thinking in terms of Jack's knife if he did not know that Jack needed to kill his victims with his own knife?

FlaviusAetius

#814 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:26 pm
I'm just glad we got a major scum threat out of the way. This is a huge win, and we now can spend the next day analyzing all of Bob's posts for possible connections.

Off to a great start!
pretty sure he just wouldnt talk to any of his scummates, there is not nearly enough information to get anything off of him, this was pureeeeee luck

FlaviusAetius

#815 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:55 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Eh. Damo moving to Vapor is what made it a viable wagon. I think Damo is the most unlikely to be Vapor's teammate. He only moved back to prevent a tie.
Bob is the one that flipped, not Vapor...
Oh, you were saying you saw Damo as a teammate for Bob, not Vapor. I misread.
no but it still doesnt make sense for the exact same reason, why would damo switch off of bob at the last moment? and try to start a whole new wagon, that clearly wasnt going to work, unless he actually believed it, no way he bussed

FlaviusAetius

#816 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:04 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:59 pm
Yay great lynch! Gotta re-read now like...
I started the vote on Computer because if you aren't part of the solution then you're part of the problem. I agree that doesn't imply it's the best possible choice, but it just means it's not a wrong choice. People avoiding that have a flare for living life on the edge... I like that ;)
he would of been replaced anyways, no reason for us to just eliminate him like that

FlaviusAetius

#817 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:11 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:35 am
Lol. Spreadsheets
Yeah, 1.0 was the Avengers game and we got trashed. In the meme game I tweaked it a bit and it seemed to pay off. In this one I've added past game meta comparisons and variable weights so the scores can change after new information is reveled.

Bunny, Kit and I started in the same game I think.

I guess you have a history here?
your going to get led down a rabbit hole with your spreadsheet, and then you will fail, when it counts, right now you got lucky with bob, I doubt it was the spreadsheet based off of one comment

xorxes

#818 Post by xorxes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:11 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:58 pm

bob made the reaction test thing and basically everyone thought it was a scumslip and i was like chill probably not
I don't think anyone suggested that was a scumslip. A scumslip is something that scum do unintentionally and that only a scum would do (for example mentioning something that only scum would be aware of). Bob's "reaction test" had nothing to do with a scumslip. It wasn't even very scummy in my opinion. What I found scummy were the contradicting explanations he gave when questioned about what was he doing. Damo was even thinking it was a towny thing that he did (male VT trying to draw Jack's kill), and when I asked him to explain it was more out of curiosity than because I thought it was suspicious. It was his answer that was all wrong.
and vapor said something wasnt strong and then said in the next sentence that it was
Yeah, that was a silly reason to vote for him. I think Bob latched onto that reason. I thought Vapor was generally towny except that the knife thing still bothers me.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#819 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 pm

This is as close to eon as I'll be on.

ND is amazingly disengenuous. His comments have much less deduction than he usually has. It feels like he is more interested in his meta than in playing/solving. His case on me started from saying I was mechanic-hunting, because I said that people were being quiet, perhaps, because of the difficult mechanics. This felt like it was taking an empty pot shot. He really is better than that.

Chaqa jumping in it also concerns me. He, too, us better than that. But if he is really jeckle he just might not care.

I think ND is taking shallow shots like this everywhere. He's acting like it's d6.

Vecna is my top town read. Unlike flave who just reads and comments, vecuno is attempting to connect.

Bunny is odd. His new old persona is not as focussed as he has been. I also note that he sheeped me onto Bob, and left claiming wonder at his sheeping. This could be an attempt to look like he's voting for a scumflup, to give a bit of cred.

Bozo seems uninspired. After an overly big push on the 3p, he stopped talking. In response to comments, probably. Since I believe scum has more reason to be worried about jack than we do, this raises an eyebrow.

I haven't decided on kitsune. I expect more from her, but it might be rl stuff.

Looking forward to Tom and Bo.

FlaviusAetius

#820 Post by FlaviusAetius » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:44 am
Honestly Bo is about as low IQ as Chaqa in both this game and in real life. So I don't expect much out of that substitute slot. It's basically a weak link any way you spin it. Shame, the mods couldn't have found a more competent individual to take that up.
dude your seriously the rudest person a live, like your just being rude TO BE RUDE, there's no rhyme or reason behind it, your just trying to find every last excuse in the BOOK to insult someone, its honestly sad, take off the charade, and play normally, or expect to be ignored LOL