MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#981 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:32 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:11 am

Thank you. I’m done being a pain now.
MY TURN TO BE A PAIN!!!

##CALL GM what sort of notifications are given if/when:

1) A doctor saves a NK. Does the victim know they were attacked and saved? Does the doctor know they saved someone? Anybody else get notified?

2) If a NK fails without a doctor saving, do the scum get told that it wasn't a doctor? (say if a commuter isn't there to attack?
In 1, the victim knows they were saved. The doctor doesn't learn anything special. In 2, if a scum or 3p NK fails, they are not told why.

BunnyGo

#982 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:41 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:39 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:34 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:33 am

What? Why?
Because I'm doing a vaporwave post while I catch up
That's almost like a scumslip. :?
How's that? I loved watching him catch up posting while he read even though everyone else already knew what was coming. Was great! I got to watch his reactions live to things we'd already considered.

Anyways, I miss the guy, and I have literally no idea what scumslip you could possibly be talking about. I haven't forgotten about you. You're still on my shitlist for later. Just more interesting characters today.

BunnyGo

#983 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:40 am
BunnyGo wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:11 am

Thank you. I’m done being a pain now.
MY TURN TO BE A PAIN!!!

1) A doctor saves a NK. Does the victim know they were attacked and saved? Does the doctor know they saved someone? Anybody else get notified?

2) If a NK fails without a doctor saving, do the scum get told that it wasn't a doctor? (say if a commuter isn't there to attack?
In 1, the victim knows they were saved. The doctor doesn't learn anything special. In 2, if a scum or 3p NK fails, they are not told why.
Victims know they were saved, but doctors don't know if they successfully saved? In a game like this, where more than 1 doctor exists, and other ways attacks fail, neither of our doctors can be 100% they saved anyone, unless they self targeted?

##CALL GM

ND

#984 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?

ND is full of crap.
I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.

Jamiet99uk

#985 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

MY TURN TO BE A PAIN!!!

Victims know they were saved, but doctors don't know if they successfully saved? In a game like this, where more than 1 doctor exists, and other ways attacks fail, neither of our doctors can be 100% they saved anyone, unless they self targeted?

##CALL GM
Yes

BunnyGo

#986 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:46 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:04 am
Also, I think Bunny is town on a re-read. I like the loose play, and the thought process of searching for words without meaning. Seems genuine versus forced.
https://tenor.com/view/bugsbunny-orches ... f-10857421

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#987 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:47 am

ND wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

ND is full of crap.
I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
I did claim before D3. I claimed on Day 1 with the explicit plan to get myself night-killed Night 2 or lynched Day 3, to remove Hyde from the game and give town much-needed direction.

I frankly don't know why you fake-counter-claim me. It doesn't make sense, and I assume it's just you being full of yourself and having a god complex.

Jamiet99uk

#988 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:48 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:36 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 am
##vote chaqa

##end
##CALL GM

If Jeckyl uses his powers during the day, does the effect say even if he gets lynched?
Not if he/she has been lynched, no.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#989 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:49 am

As for ND's so-called "big reveal" that Jekyll gets told if Hyde has killed -

Well duh, it's in my role PM. You guys are falling for an easy trick that anyone who properly read this setup would know.

BunnyGo

#990 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:49 am

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am
fwiw, I think I believe ND over Chaqa. Though still working through any motivation Chaqa would have to do so.
Sigh...ND is more convincing at the moment. And Chaqa was a lousy "townclear leader" in D1 but I cannot conceive of why anyone would falseclaim Jeckyl.

I can conceive of why someone would false CC Jeckyl.

Kitsune

#991 Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 am

ND wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

ND is full of crap.

This Night Kill can NOT be withheld
Hyde must order a NightKill, so the fact that he didn't successfully kill anyone simply means that his target was commuted or saved.

Actually. Two more interesting things I'm noticing about the J/H role now I'm poring over it.

##Call GM

In the case of a Roleblock, I note that Jekyll can order his heal in the day phase prior to the night phase and it will apply for the subsequent night phase as well.

I see the order of actions each phase.

1. Will a roleblock have any impact on the heal action if the heal action is executed one phase earlier (ie, in the previous day phase)?

2. Will a roleblock on Hyde prevent Hyde's night kill? This is another possible explanation for last night's tranquility.

Jamiet99uk

#992 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 am

GM NOTE

I think I have answered all outstanding GM calls. I'll be offline for a while now as it's nearly 2am and sleep is still a thing I do occasionally.

If you are making GM calls by PM, please send them to both Worcej and me, not just to me. Thanks.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#993 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 am

##vote Chaqa

xorxes

#994 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:41 am

Anyways, I miss the guy, and I have literally no idea what scumslip you could possibly be talking about.
The "any of the scum teams should have gone for him" comment. I don't see any reason any scumteam would have gone for him unless he really had those crumbs he mentions. Were you aware of the crumbs?

BunnyGo

#995 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:53 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:24 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:15 am
Finally catch up after being away most of the da. Really interesting night result, if ND is telling the truth he really deserves the town MVP.

Tom, if I were Bob partner I would have bussed him hard, but this is pure WIFOM. I would have voted him at EOD because I didn't have a scumread on Vapor, but I wasn't online and it's just speculation.
Thx. I mean, the lightning rod gambit if played right can be successful. It has, for me, in the past. Every post I made had a purpose.
-Insulting people (drawing attention)
-Focusing on Chaqa (he was fake claiming)
-Long RXN posts (in those posts I throw around all kinds of crumbs. I wanted it to be blatant to draw a NK or mitigate a night action on one of the mafia teams)

So, I mean we can drop the bravado and the assholeishness. It's not becoming. I know that, but when you are doing a lightning rod you have to play it up. I just do it better than most and that's really not a slight on anyone. It is just what it is. When I got the night result message from the GM I was on cloud 9. Really pleased actually that it worked so well.

Whether or not you guys believe me or not doesn't really matter. I did enough damage to the mafia team by mitigating their actions onto myself to help us out. If I die or am lynched then Chaqa goes down next. Sure, he gets to get the 'last laugh' by getting me lynched. Hardly matters. It's a trade either way. If I live today then I am certainly dead tonight as I have used my doc save and even if I don't die tonight then I should be lynched D3. Hyde didn't kill N1. I wouldn't bank on the outside controller not killing with Hyde again N3 or failing to kill again N3. That kill will go through if I don't die. So I am a dead man anyway.
I mean,

1) We have a 2nd doctor, so Jeckyl need not die tonight
2) I would very much like anyone to claim:

a) I was RoleBlocked (yes, I see you ND--thanks for claiming)
b) I was targeted for a NK (yes, I see you ND--thanks for claiming)

But there should be more. And I see no reason not to claim. I'll stand up and claim:

Not a damn thing target me last night. Everybody leaves the bunny alone. Don't pet the bunny: fingers look like carrots.

ND

#996 Post by ND » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:53 am

There is a remote, outside, insane alternative that Chaqa is Jack. Maybe his whole "I am Jekyll" claim D1 was an attempt to signal to the outside controller as the controller would know that he was in fact not Jekyll/Hyde. The controller knows that I am Jekyll thus that would act as a signal to that controller. As the game progressed, Chaqa could drop the ruse and claim he was lying. And Jack/hyde can win together.

I don't know, it's pretty crazy and that isn't meant as an insult to your gambit if that is indeed what you did Chaqa, but you would have to have known that the real Jekyll wouldn't allow for ongoing deaths every odd night. I don't think you would do this as Jack; I don't know who would do this. That leaves the only option as you being a mafia role who set yourself up to try to take out the day doctor.

I guess you thought it was a decent trade at first. You didn't count on someone actually using the role to mitigate your team and potentially the other team so well I reckon. :D

So now you are caught in a situation where your team failed to impact any status quo change N1 and your claim failed. Thus, basically your entire gambit is ruined and with it potentially your team's chance at success.

xorxes

#997 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:53 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

MY TURN TO BE A PAIN!!!

##CALL GM
If they tried to save someone, and that someone claims to have been saved, then they can be pretty sure their save worked, even if not 100%.

BunnyGo

#998 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:41 am

Anyways, I miss the guy, and I have literally no idea what scumslip you could possibly be talking about.
The "any of the scum teams should have gone for him" comment. I don't see any reason any scumteam would have gone for him unless he really had those crumbs he mentions. Were you aware of the crumbs?
No. Still not aware of them, busy catching up--will go digging for them later. I meant all the:

a) I'm the best! (with other players backing him up)
b) I'm an asshole! :nmr:
c) I'm claiming I see a lot, but haven't told anyone yet (so scum should kill kill kill)

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#999 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 am

On an hour and a half to sober up on a bus ride home I realize my GM calls were fucking dumb and jack didn’t get a chance to kill last night. I’m an idiot.

Conversely, anyone voting ND or Chaqa right now is FUCKING STUPID.

Hyde doesn’t kill N2. Make the scum sort that shit out.

xorxes

#1000 Post by xorxes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:56 am

ND wrote:

Well, if you're Jekyll then it's obvious: you/they were roleblocked.