MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
purplecow

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#4301 Post by purplecow » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:20 pm

And then the next night mafia would kill another VT, and it would be 3 mafia and two town. They can simply lynch Demon and kill the last VT at night.

bozotheclown

#4302 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:15 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 pm
Here is Flavius doing the same thing as Temasek D7, setting up my lynch D8 while still voting for CmdrLikely:

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:19 am
If cmdr isnt town then we lynch bozo
##end
I said this multiple times(and btw you didn’t have a problem with it then, why now?) that cmdr is scum because he’s the scummier than you and purple, if I had to choose between everyone you three wouldn’t be anywhere near my mind, but here we are either you or purple are telling the truth, let’s find out who
I did not think it necessary to say that I had a problem with getting lynched D8, and I expected CmdrLikely to flip scum.

bozotheclown

#4303 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:24 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:13 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm
purplecow wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:32 pm
Tom 'knew' you were town bozo? Where did Tom say that?
He implied it by never scum reading me. In fact, he barely mentioned me at all, which is why I believe he knew I was cleared.
That doesn’t mean he thought you were town he could of thought you were NAI,
If he did not have an opinion on my alignment, don't you think he would have questioned me at some point to try to find out?

FlaviusAetius

#4304 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:28 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:20 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:24 pm

What are your reasons? Does your assumption that I am scum make you think yavuzovic and Temasek are scum?
You obviously haven’t been reading because you haven’t seen me this entire game going after yavu’s slot, there are zero reasons I have ever stated that connect you and yavu
(Also zero reasons that connect yavu and purple)
My question was what are your reasons for thinking that is the scum team. I know you have been scum reading yavuzovic. Are you saying those three scum reads are completely independent of each other? Is your read that purplecow is town stronger than your read that yavuzovic is scum?
yavu is absolutely my strongest read, hence my vote for him

FlaviusAetius

#4305 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:29 pm

purplecow wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:20 pm
And then the next night mafia would kill another VT, and it would be 3 mafia and two town. They can simply lynch Demon and kill the last VT at night.
whats your point

FlaviusAetius

#4306 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 pm
Here is Flavius doing the same thing as Temasek D7, setting up my lynch D8 while still voting for CmdrLikely:

I said this multiple times(and btw you didn’t have a problem with it then, why now?) that cmdr is scum because he’s the scummier than you and purple, if I had to choose between everyone you three wouldn’t be anywhere near my mind, but here we are either you or purple are telling the truth, let’s find out who
I did not think it necessary to say that I had a problem with getting lynched D8, and I expected CmdrLikely to flip scum.
ALSO, if you thought cmdr was scum, that means you thought yavu was town, can you explain why you thought that?

purplecow

#4307 Post by purplecow » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:38 pm

I was just saying what would happen because you didn't seem to understand what Vecna said.

FlaviusAetius

#4308 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:47 pm
So awesome news. In fact, I did play a patented Tom Bombadil gambit and did not Cop scan rivera N1. I vanilla/non-vanilla scanned him and got non-vanilla and figured he was scum.

That means that tonight I was able to cop scan and got a GUILTY result for purple cow!!

So either mafia or SK
##VOTE purple

I guess 100% is better than 99% certainty.
I still prefer to lynch DemonRHK first to try to finish off the Moriarty team, purplecow can wait a day.
:? im going back and you hunting on demon, literally a random dude is really weird, hey bozo can you tell us WHY you were hunting after demon?

FlaviusAetius

#4309 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am
In this thread: all team b scum putting on their best acting performances

Hope youre getting something out of this Tom. Feels like a giant waste of time though and im pretty sure youre giving everyone an excuse to just votepark on town for most of the day.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
what? how do you KNOW purple was a town?

FlaviusAetius

#4310 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 am
Alright, DemonRHK is currently top (only) wagon at the time of writing and my gut (:P @ dargo) says Temasek and Bozotheclown are probably but not certainly correct that he is the last member of Moriarty’s team - but I’m not certain that makes him our best lynch today, or at least not without careful examination of who precisely is so very eager to see him and his potential nk dead.

Going in to D5 with 10 town, 3 maf (on one team) and 1 Jack is not precisely lylo but it would be a much cleaner playing field for Burke and Hare’s team than they faced at the start of the game.

At the time of writing, the wagon on Demon is:

Xorxes
Bozotheclown
DemonRHK
Temasek22
KalelChase

Discounting Demon’s suicide pill as the tactical vote he says it is, that gives us four people to look at and I’ll approach them in alphabetical order.

Bozotheclown
Instinct read: Scum based on meta

P1-3 he is exploring Jack’s mechanics and determining his threat profile (NAI, 3P focus could just be exploring role new to the game).

P4-16ish he is pushing a weak mechanics-driven case against Jekyll/Hyde but is less monomaniacal than usual, allowing himself to be dissuaded by a general Town sense that Jekyll does more good than harm. Seems to be trying to encourage J/H to claim early (scummy for being less driven than usual, scummy for pushing early doctor claim).

He does let himself get drawn into picking at Rdr’s posts early, first correcting him and then suggesting he might be pocketing xorxes here:
viewtopic.php?p=114738#p114738

P26-EoN1 he gets pulled in to defending his play in previous games and then vote-flipping between Vapor and Computer as low activity targets in a poor position to defend themselves.

Vapor, we now know, was Sherlock.
Computer’s slot has now been replaced by Yazu (claims VT, consistent with twice-subbed role).

Fairly high activity in early N1 (town points) getting quiet as he draws close to EoN. (NAI)

D2 p44 - p76 he doesn’t… really… say anything. Lots of short posts asking small questions and then not following up, and engages lightly with the Chaqa - ND double-Jekyll controversy. Argues that we need to lynch one of them which is mildly consistent with previous view that Dr Jekyll is bad for town but still scummy.

Sidebar: Logically exposed Hyde would prefer to target scum if he can. If he’s seen to be targeting town PRs he will get lynched.

P76 - EoD2 He chases Frostwind in the name of hunting Bob’s team-mate. This is townie on the face of it, but in a multi-mafia format could also indicate the rival Mafia team. (NAI)

Frost dies and flips Vanilla town.

N2-D3 He returns to Yazu, questioning his VT claim, reassuring him about the odds of the Jack mechanic, chatting with xorxes and Einstein and Tom… and then votes for Yazu anyway.

He gets drawn off towards the end of the day into the Tom - Rdr confrontation, but is a bit more mentally alert than I am at that point and swings from a Tom vote to Rdr after Tom claims. NAI.

N3 He discusses the night’s topic (whether we should be talking or not, for some reason) and then engages briefly with Vecna and Xorxes but without any particular aggression. He seems like town just waiting for dawn.

P126 (a MINUTE before Dawn) he calls out DemonRHK for bussing rdr and Bob on the basis that he scum-read them both very early before any coordination would be possible - and the fact that he didn’t vote for either of them (bozo notes - I have not verified this) certainly feels indicative. However this is a bold assertion to make just before EoN given that there are multiple chances that he could be about to die unless Bozo was already on one scum team and was pretty sure Demon was on the other, reducing the chances to 1 nk (possibly roleblocked, although ND has not confirmed this).

D4 (to time of writing) he keeps focusing on Demon which simply doesn’t make sense in a dual mafa game. Demon is extremely vulnerable to Mafia 2 nightkill and will likely focus his own nk on perceived threats, not to trying to wipe out a large town faction that can lynch him with mafia 2’s enthusiastic support until quite late.

Read: Bozo on Mafia Team 2

##Vote Purplecow
bump

FlaviusAetius

#4311 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:51 pm

purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:16 am
A quick skim of Days 1 & 2 don't reveal much helpful voting by Purple or Rivera, or much helpful in who they voted for. Purple did vote Vecna, so that's a very minor thing, but overall it's hard to say.
I voted Vecna because no one had any idea what he was saying.
very...weak...

FlaviusAetius

#4312 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 pm

##vote vecna
if vecna pops up as mafia, than so is purple

bozotheclown

#4313 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:08 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:22 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:

ALSO, if you thought cmdr was scum, that means you thought yavu was town, can you explain why you thought that?
I did not think that yavuzovic had to be town if CmdrLikely was scum, although I understand you did.

bozotheclown

#4314 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:13 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm

##VOTE purple

I guess 100% is better than 99% certainty.
I still prefer to lynch DemonRHK first to try to finish off the Moriarty team, purplecow can wait a day.
:? im going back and you hunting on demon, literally a random dude is really weird, hey bozo can you tell us WHY you were hunting after demon?
Yes, I can tell you exactly why I thought DemonRHK was the last Moriarty, and it is found in my last post N3:
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:06 am
Raid night over. Another quick Ony + MC.

I find the J+H discussion interesting. Prior to any meaningful discussion I find myself in the claim and lynch camp, although maybe not D1.

So it seems there is an aggressively power scum team, and a utility powered scum team, then Hyde and Jack doing their shit.

Questions to open some discussion:

- Who does each player think is the more dangerous scum team on powers alone?

- What do people think of a Urchin claim D1? They would be able to confirm multiple roles at best, or hard force a power trade with scum team 1 at worst.

I find myself wary of rdr (Although I seem to always read him scum) over the mislabeling of the SK's wincon. I also don't like what I've seen of Bob so far. It's a shotgun of content spread with no intent or effect (And there were a lot of attempts in those few posts to be substantial)
In DemonRHK's first post of the game, and only post in the first 18 hours of the game, he mentions 2 players, rdrivera and BobMcBob, and scum reads them both. Either he was very insightful, very lucky, or was bussing his partners. I suspect he was bussing, especially considering he never ended up voting for either of them.

FlaviusAetius

#4315 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 pm

So then tell me, did you reread the entire game to find this? Or were you specifically reading Demon? Why were you specifically reading Demon?
What made you come up upon this post? Did you just happen to find it, or were you just that insightful?

bozotheclown

#4316 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:37 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 pm
So then tell me, did you reread the entire game to find this? Or were you specifically reading Demon? Why were you specifically reading Demon?
What made you come up upon this post? Did you just happen to find it, or were you just that insightful?
I was rereading and using the bot to look for connections to rdrivera and Bob after rdrivera flipped scum D3.

Temasek22

#4317 Post by Temasek22 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:04 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:14 am
I really don't see how purple could be mafia.

Also, GG ND
Is that all you have today? If you are sure I am scum, who do you think are the other 2?
Kalel and [yavu/flav]

Vecna

#4318 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:28 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:12 am
In this thread: all team b scum putting on their best acting performances

Hope youre getting something out of this Tom. Feels like a giant waste of time though and im pretty sure youre giving everyone an excuse to just votepark on town for most of the day.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
what? how do you KNOW purple was a town?
Why are you going back and looking at stuff without the context?

It was obvious tom was doing a reaction test. Scum would never not roleblock him there. The cop would never wait until N3 to use his most important ability.

and I didnt know for a fact purple was town, but it was a strong read even back then. Being pretty sure does not mean you KNOW it.

Vecna

#4319 Post by Vecna » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:36 pm

Also, its great that we have a townclear that has not been playing whatsoever for the last 3 game-days

purplecow

#4320 Post by purplecow » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:19 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:51 pm
purplecow wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:16 am
A quick skim of Days 1 & 2 don't reveal much helpful voting by Purple or Rivera, or much helpful in who they voted for. Purple did vote Vecna, so that's a very minor thing, but overall it's hard to say.
very...weak...
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 pm
##vote vecna
if vecna pops up as mafia, than so is purple
Oh so now I could be mafia? For the past couple of phases you've been saying I'm town. Why are you changing on it so suddenly?
Also, Flav didn't you already say that my reasoning on Day 1 was weak?
purplecow wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 am
purplecow wrote:

That seems like a weak reason, I hope you've been paying attention to the game more than just that, he's said some pretty good stuff
Have you been paying attention? My vote was D1 when Vecna was speaking in that street urchin speak. But yes after stopping that he has said things I agree with.