MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#4221 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:59 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 pm
Since I know either CmdrLikely or purplecow is mafia, I reviewed these two:

Day 1:

CmdrLikely: Low activity (4 posts), voted for Computer_Genius for "low post quantity and quality" and never moved his vote.

purplecow: Moved vote around, changed vote from Vapor to Bob in the last minute of the day after emc tied the vote.

purplecow looks good for trying to prevent the tie, not knowing what Bob would flip. He was taking a chance of looking bad if Bob flipped town and Vapor later flipped scum. This is the kind of risk I would expect mafia to avoid.

Day 2:

CmdrLikely: Voted for ND when ND claimed Jekyll and Chaqa after Chaqa retracted his claim, never moved his vote from Chaqa, argued against a late Temasek wagon.

purplecow: Joined the Chaqa wagon late (11th vote), then joined the frostwind wagon late (11th vote).

CmdrLikely concentrated on ND vs. Chaqa, which was a fairly safe topic. purplecow played it safe as well. CmdrLikely's strong defense of Temasek EOD is interesting because he had not previously mentioned Temasek, and because there is a 2 in 5 chance Temasek is mafia.

Day 3:

CmdrLikely: Spent the day on single vote wagons for Flavius and Kalel before voting for rdrivera after Tom's guilty report.

purplecow: Voted for ND, myself, and Tom, before also voting for rdrivera after Tom's guilty report.

CmdrLikely was not pushing for anyone likely to be lynched, and again it is interesting Flavius and Kalel are still around and in the scum pool. Temasek, Flavius, and Kalel can't all be scum with CmdrLikely, but bussing Flavius or Kalel is a possibility. purplecow was less careful, voting for Tom when he was picking up votes and helping him become the top wagon.

Day 4:

CmdrLikely: Joined the wagon on purplecow when it was already large (7th vote), approved of the DemonRHK wagon but never joined it, voted for Kalel again, but this time Kalel was a viable wagon, ended as the only vote on Kalel.

purplecow: Self voted when he became a top wagon early, later put a second vote on Flavius, never moved to BionicMole or Kitsune despite being on at EOD.

CmdrLikely's voting was safe again. purplecow's self vote is suspicious, it is often a scum mechanism when becoming a top wagon. purplecow played it safe by not taking a position on BionicMole vs. Kitsune.

Day 5:

CmdrLikely: Voted for Flavius, off the top wagon of yavuzovic and BionicMole.

purplecow: Voted for yavuzovic most of the day, but followed ND onto BionicMole at EOD, placing a key vote in getting BionicMole lynched.

purplecow again looks good for being willing to change votes at EOD to impact the lynch.

Day 6:

CmdrLikely: Voted for dargorygel, following ND.

purplecow: Voted for dargorygel.

Conclusion: I suspect CmdrLikely is the mafia between CmdrLikely and purplecow. CmdrLikely staying off the top wagons, especially D4 and D5, seems like he was trying to avoid drawing attention to himself and avoid being a risk to the other mafia team, the SK, or Hyde. purplecow's willingness to change his vote at EOD with votes critical to the lynch is more consistent with a town trying to lynch scum than scum trying to survive.
Going back to my comparison of CmdrLikely and purplecow, it is now apparent that purplecow successfully looked more town than CmdrLikely by being more active in hunting the second scum team.

purplecow

#4222 Post by purplecow » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:03 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 am
purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:30 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:47 pm
So awesome news. In fact, I did play a patented Tom Bombadil gambit and did not Cop scan rivera N1. I vanilla/non-vanilla scanned him and got non-vanilla and figured he was scum.

That means that tonight I was able to cop scan and got a GUILTY result for purple cow!!

So either mafia or SK
Are you mad because I reluctantly voted rivera or are you just plain old scum?
Seems it's already over for me but ##vote tom
This is purplecow's first reaction to Tom claiming a guilty scan on him. If purplecow was town his logical reaction would have been to assume Tom was performing a reaction test that Tom would eventually retract, and therefore know he was not at real risk of getting lynched. Instead he accused Tom of being scum, even though Tom was the uncced detective and had proven himself with his guilty scan of rdrivera. I assumed Tom was just performing a reaction test because he had so clearly crumbed his intention of scanning rdrivera and his guilty scan result, and because it was very unlikely he would not use the cop scan first. If purplecow was town, it would have been very obvious to him what Tom was doing.
purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:43 am
You know what. I'm just going to vote myself. Think of it what you will.
##vote purple
This later self vote by purplecow is also inconsistent with a town purplecow knowing he was not really scanned and therefore at no risk of getting lynched.
Remember that game emc was talking about? Tom was VT who claimed sheriff and got scum. I was sort of thinking then "Hey maybe Tom is scum who claimed sheriff and his team thought rivera was on the other team." I even said that Tom was on Team 2 and thought I was Team 1 goon.
purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:21 am
Well I take it purple isn't dealing. It was and is a good deal.
##purplecow

@purple so do you think Tom is scum or reaction testing? You mentioned both.
My best guess is that Tom is on Team 2 and they think I'm Team 1 goon?
Also for voting myself, I didn't see any point to keeping on Tom as he got rivera
and people would be more trusting towards him. So I voted myself to try to make people second guess themselves.
purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:39 am
BionicMole wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 am
purplecow wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 am

Oh ND won't you like the result for EOD ;)
What does this mean Purp? Are you claiming something?
Sure I'll claim VT. Not like it matters though. Tom did get us rivera so he's more trustworthy.

FlaviusAetius

#4223 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:32 am
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:59 am
im lynching bozo, then yavu, then ND(so we dont have hyde) and then the third scum, thats literally our only path
You wanted to lynch me before CmdrLikely flipped, yet you were still voting for CmdrLikely. Did you know CmdrLikely was going to flip town?

Unless ND is able to save someone against tonight and Hyde does not NK a town, we are not going to have any mislynches left, so if there is a town NK tonight and Hyde does not NK a scum, lynching ND at any point would lose us the game. After trying so hard to lynch ND D5, why didn't you want to lynch him D7?
hyde killed last night, not tonight first of all
second of all, how about you read when i go through the entire timeline and you will see why

FlaviusAetius

#4224 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:05 am
Town:
Purple, flavius, Vecna, RHK, ND

Scum:
Bozo

Scumpool for the remaining 2:
Kalel, Yavuz, Tem

Im strongest on my Flavius townread. Not going to be voting to lynch him unless something really weird happens this game. Dude has consistently oozed town all throughout the game. People say he played like this as scum as well, but I just do not see how anyone can display this much blatant and brutal honesty so consistently, while also having all the true failing town factors (no offence meant).

The purplecow townread is much more based on gut, but im never lynching that slot over Bozo here.
stop, I do this every single game whether im town or whether im scum, I do the same thing every game because I hate meta that much, you cant use it on me, not to call me a town, not to call me a scum, look at what i've said, and determine if you like it or not(ik you did, talking about other people here)

FlaviusAetius

#4225 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:
im lynching bozo, then yavu, then ND(so we dont have hyde) and then the third scum, thats literally our only path
You wanted to lynch me before CmdrLikely flipped, yet you were still voting for CmdrLikely. Did you know CmdrLikely was going to flip town?

Unless ND is able to save someone against tonight and Hyde does not NK a town, we are not going to have any mislynches left, so if there is a town NK tonight and Hyde does not NK a scum, lynching ND at any point would lose us the game. After trying so hard to lynch ND D5, why didn't you want to lynch him D7?
also honestly the only reason I wanted to lynch cmdr, because he was scummiest out of the three, cmdr>bozo>purple
I told him to make a case, I tried to pick him apart, and show how he might actually be innocent, but in the end he just refused to defend himself, seemed like he gave up to me, or maybe thought I would convince everyone

FlaviusAetius

#4226 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
purplecow wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:47 pm
So awesome news. In fact, I did play a patented Tom Bombadil gambit and did not Cop scan rivera N1. I vanilla/non-vanilla scanned him and got non-vanilla and figured he was scum.

That means that tonight I was able to cop scan and got a GUILTY result for purple cow!!

So either mafia or SK
This is purplecow's first reaction to Tom claiming a guilty scan on him. If purplecow was town his logical reaction would have been to assume Tom was performing a reaction test that Tom would eventually retract, and therefore know he was not at real risk of getting lynched. Instead he accused Tom of being scum, even though Tom was the uncced detective and had proven himself with his guilty scan of rdrivera. I assumed Tom was just performing a reaction test because he had so clearly crumbed his intention of scanning rdrivera and his guilty scan result, and because it was very unlikely he would not use the cop scan first. If purplecow was town, it would have been very obvious to him what Tom was doing.
purplecow wrote:
##vote purple
This later self vote by purplecow is also inconsistent with a town purplecow knowing he was not really scanned and therefore at no risk of getting lynched.
first of all i hate reaction tests
second of all its sometimes really hard to tell whether or not someone is doing one
third of all, that defeats the entire idea(which is a bad one) of the reaction test
fourth of all, everyone determined purple was just fine then, if you had a problem with it then, you should of BROUGHT IT UP.
you didnt, wonder why :?

FlaviusAetius

#4227 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:52 pm

also another note on purple;
he got attacked by tom, a dude who had the entire town support behind him, literally if Tom said he got a scan, everyone would believe him, as we did and lynch
he basically could act as the dictator of town, and no one would second guess it, really wish he would of used that better instead of WASTING IT on a reaction test

Vecna

#4228 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 am
ND wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 pm
I had an hour and a half commute through fog and rain. i couldn't be on. But, I was starting to doubt Cmdr being scum.

I'm probably dead tonight. So, it will be up to one of you to lead us to victory. :raging:

Scum likelyhood: Flav, Purple, Tem/Katel

Vecna-Bozo are good guys.

Flav is really reminding me of when he was scum in the game i was the serial killer. I would recommend lynching FLAV first.
I really think youre wrong here
Wrong about what? I assume you do not think he is wrong about everything since he has you listed as town.
Why are you even asking this question when you literally quoted the post with my reads in the post before?

FlaviusAetius

#4230 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm

I have an idea for a mafia variation(we should stop talking at night btw guys)
I have an idea for a mafia variation that I want to do with worcej which is going to be a masquerade party
in which to sign up you have to PM me or worcej, and then we give you an account of someone who plays mafia, and a role based off that, and you can only use that account we give you to post
it destroys all ideas of meta ahahahhaha

bozotheclown

#4231 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:04 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

hyde killed last night, not tonight first of all
second of all, how about you read when i go through the entire timeline and you will see why
Hyde kills on odd nights and this is night 7.

bozotheclown

#4232 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
purplecow wrote:

purplecow wrote:
##vote purple
first of all i hate reaction tests
second of all its sometimes really hard to tell whether or not someone is doing one
third of all, that defeats the entire idea(which is a bad one) of the reaction test
fourth of all, everyone determined purple was just fine then, if you had a problem with it then, you should of BROUGHT IT UP.
you didnt, wonder why :?
Obviously I did not know purplecow was scum then.

bozotheclown

#4233 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 am

I really think youre wrong here
Wrong about what? I assume you do not think he is wrong about everything since he has you listed as town.
Why are you even asking this question when you literally quoted the post with my reads in the post before?
You could be more specific. Are you saying that you disagree equally on every read that is different than yours?

bozotheclown

#4234 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:47 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
FlaviusAetius wrote:

also honestly the only reason I wanted to lynch cmdr, because he was scummiest out of the three, cmdr>bozo>purple
I told him to make a case, I tried to pick him apart, and show how he might actually be innocent, but in the end he just refused to defend himself, seemed like he gave up to me, or maybe thought I would convince everyone
What makes you think purplecow is town?

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4235 Post by KalelChase » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:40 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm
I have an idea for a mafia variation(we should stop talking at night btw guys)
I have an idea for a mafia variation that I want to do with worcej which is going to be a masquerade party
in which to sign up you have to PM me or worcej, and then we give you an account of someone who plays mafia, and a role based off that, and you can only use that account we give you to post
it destroys all ideas of meta ahahahhaha
You should base the characters on 'legendary' players here, but the players should all have to use new accounts with generic names. Anonymous Maf.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4236 Post by KalelChase » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Sorry Cmdr, good game.

So Flav - loosing someone from the team was worth the info we got based on your posts we have a clear direction. So now it's between Yav & Bozo? Who would be your number 3? I'll do some ISOs on the three you give me to post right before EoN.
Does all the fighting between Bozo and Purple mean they're not on the same team, or could it be bussing?
One of the two is confirmed to be scum now Kalel.

Also, this level of cluelessness really makes me think youre probably not scum with whoever it is from the two of them (bozo). Either that or youre putting on quite the acting performance.
It's probably a mix of two things; I've never played hidden ID games before M49 (unless you count bang, which has never had much 'interrogation'), coupled with I don't have a good memory (hence the spreadsheet). I don't want to use the excuse of having much less time to pay attention this time, but it's part of it.

I don't want to derail this into a pity-party, I have learned cool stuff each game (crumbing, reaction tests and their counter arguments, etc.). I keep waiting for it to click, and thought it did early in this one, but the end-game is quite different.

So with the idea we don't discuss scumhunting at night... I'll pose it to the veterans. Would you rather a player - who plays as an honest sheep who obtusely pokes at people, re-posts data, and does meta-self-evaluation, but can't really make a case - not play in future games. I'm not giving up at getting better, but it's not happening quickly.

yavuzovic

#4237 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:50 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:08 pm
well I was right
If you were right, why did you finish the day on him?

yavuzovic

#4238 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm going to reread bozo and purple again tomorrow. I lay the game aside always and delay my participation, but I will be more online soon.

Jamiet99uk

#4239 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:51 pm

GM NOTE

I have been at a location with no internet and am just getting back to my hotel.

If there is a delay between the "please hold" message and the final adjudication, please be patient and don't worry.

Jamiet99uk

#4240 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 pm

==============
NIGHT: IT HAS ENDED
YOU: MUST HOLD
==============