MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:16 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:22 am
xorxes wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:11 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 am

Can you be more specific?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
What? What did your EON PM say?
That I saved myself and Hyde did not kill.
So your saying Hyde targetted the commuter, would the commuter know this;
my first ever call gm
##CALL GM
Would a commuter know they were targetted?

BunnyGo

#1102 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:14 am

Which makes me wonder why he was targetted in the first place, but now that he has there is no way they are letting him save himself again, they are going to try to kill him this is a fact, so theres LITERALLY no reason to go after a potential Jekyll, just ignore both
Wrong. Why should they kill either? They'd rather leave the town confused. Make *us* waste our lynch on both. Better for them to go hunting among the rest of us they don't know.

Also, if it gets to tomorrow and both are alive...then what?

No no no. We *must* lynch Chaq or ND today. I currently consider any other stance SAI.

BunnyGo

#1103 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:16 am
Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:

my first ever call gm
##CALL GM
There is Dr. Watson too.

ItsHosuke

#1104 Post by ItsHosuke » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 am

Sucks to be the gambler, whoever it is, they must have failed :(
Anyways, between Chaqa and ND, I would ##vote ND. I think we need to lynch either of them today

bozotheclown

#1105 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:53 am

frostwind wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:53 pm
I put a little trap in my post by purposefully confusing who Tom had replaced. The fact Frost doesn't realize this indicates to me he isn/t paying super close attention to the game, which is actually a town tell to me.
Yeah, thought something was off lol. Since I'm moving out of my dormitory for Thanksgiving break and the general annoyingness of dynamic programming/heteronuclear molecular orbitals/integrals/number theory congruences they're all messing with my brain, probably why I missed it. tbh in other games of mafia generally my town playstyle is a lot quieter than my mafia one, since in general people think of mafia as trying to stay in the shadows and town as trying to confirm themselves.

Still a little confused about the votes for Chaqa. He's all but confirmed. Very confused as to whether ND is trying to get himself killed, I don't like his playstyle.

##VOTE ND
I assume you are saying Chaqa is all but confirmed as Jekyll, why do you think that?

bozotheclown

#1106 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:56 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:17 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:23 am
Anyway, now that my amusement is over may as well do this. Chaqa is lying 100% I day targeted myself and deliberately softed so many crumbs to act as a lightning rod. My role is a detriment. I didn't intend to live long and wanted to take as much heat and potentially mitigate as many night actions onto myself as I could night 1
Hyde would not target you unless he wanted to withhold his NK, so even if both scum teams targeted you, Hyde's kill must have been blocked by another method.
Hyde DID NOT kill last night. In my message I was told I was RB, NK targeted, and that Hyde didn't kill anyone.
Obviously Hyde did not kill last night, but he is not able to withhold his NK, and there is no reason for him to target you.

bozotheclown

#1107 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 am
On an hour and a half to sober up on a bus ride home I realize my GM calls were fucking dumb and jack didn’t get a chance to kill last night. I’m an idiot.

Conversely, anyone voting ND or Chaqa right now is FUCKING STUPID.

Hyde doesn’t kill N2. Make the scum sort that shit out.
I do not see why we can count on the mafia to take care of this.

bozotheclown

#1108 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:12 am

Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 am
I didn’t think to mention the message that Hyde didn’t kill because it was obvious that no one died. Come on now, you can do better than that, ND.

If I were fake claiming, why wouldn’t Hyde have just killed ME?

ND is full of crap.
Did you get targeted last night?

My best bet is that Hyde targeted me, which was protected by my self-heal. As to why he would do this... I have no idea.
"If Hyde targets Jack the Ripper, or Dr Jekyll, the attack will fail."

You should know this and therefore know that if he did target you, your self-heal was not needed to protect you.

Also, why would Hyde want to withhold his NK by targeting you? Why is that your "best bet", as opposed to Hyde targeting the commuter or targeting someone who was protected by the other doctor?

Jamiet99uk

#1109 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:15 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:16 am
Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:

my first ever call gm
##CALL GM
I have answered this repeatedly. The commuter is unaware of any actions targeting them; they are not present.

bozotheclown

#1110 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:16 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:06 am
Kitsune wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 am
ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am

I have no idea why Hyde did not kill last night. I'm not the outside controller. All I know is that he did not.

I seriously don't know what game you are playing man. But, it's over for you and you must realize that. If I am lynched today all you do is take my day doc save that I can't use on myself today out of the equation. That is a minor victory for your team, sure, but you sacrifice yourself to do it. Either you are a useless mafia role and set yourself up solely for this task or you have completely stumbled into a no-win situation.

You would have to know the real Jekyll would claim before D3 because even though the day save is powerful as I have already demonstrated it's not worth potentially losing another town player every odd night with the multitude of potential kills that can happen.
This Night Kill can NOT be withheld
Hyde must order a NightKill, so the fact that he didn't successfully kill anyone simply means that his target was commuted or saved.

Actually. Two more interesting things I'm noticing about the J/H role now I'm poring over it.

##Call GM

In the case of a Roleblock, I note that Jekyll can order his heal in the day phase prior to the night phase and it will apply for the subsequent night phase as well.

I see the order of actions each phase.

1. Will a roleblock have any impact on the heal action if the heal action is executed one phase earlier (ie, in the previous day phase)?

2. Will a roleblock on Hyde prevent Hyde's night kill? This is another possible explanation for last night's tranquility.
GM Response:

1. The Jekyll Heal is a day action, so any RB will not effect it since the action already happened.

2. Yes. Since Hyde is Jekyll, any RB on Jekyll will RB Hyde.
This confirmation that Hyde's NK can be RBed makes ND's RB claim look better.

bozotheclown

#1111 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:23 am

ND wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:18 am
So you all know, it is kind of frustrating why he just doesn't drop the charade.

My role should be lynched before N3. I 100% support this.

Chaqa has now doubled down and if I do get lynched today he will be outted 100% and the lynch D3.

I mean, dude it's over. We are both getting lynched now D2-D3. Does it really matter if you get that high or kick by getting me first? Like, really? All this so you can get me mislynched when it isn't even a freaking mislynch. My role should be lynched before N3. It's optimal to the town to do so. Just tell us what you were thinking. Why shoot your mafia team in the foot for a useless trade like this? My role is yes amazingly potent as a one off like I have demonstrated. It's not wroth keeping around long term because of Hyde. So, why would you go to all this effort man. Your dead as am I. Just open up about it. There is no point in continuing this.
I think this is correct. If ND and Chaqa both continue to hold to their claim, then lynching a mafia and Jekyll D2 and D3 in either order is a good result for town. Of course if ND is mafia, he could be bluffing.

bozotheclown

#1112 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:26 am

Chaqa wrote:
xorxes wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

You were notified specifically that you saved yourself, not that you were saved from a NK?

Jamiet99uk

#1113 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am

Vote Count 2.2

Chaqa(6) - Vecna, ND*, Tom Bombadil, dargorygel, Temasek22, Kitsune
ND(4) - Chaqa, frostwind, CmdrLikely, ItsHosuke
bo_sox48(2) - bozotheclown, FlaviusAetius
frostwind(1) - DemonRHK
Tom Bombadil(1) - xorxes
Kitsune(1) - BunnyGo

Unvoted: Damo666

CHAQA is set to be lynched.

38 hours and 31 minutes remain in Day 2.

bozotheclown

#1114 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:34 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:18 am
For those thinking we can wait till d3... Remember that we might guess it deduce incorrectly and give Hyde another kill.
If we wait until D3, Hyde would get another NK only if we correctly kill the fake claimer D3, which would not be the worst outcome. However, I do not see any reason to wait, because if we get it wrong today, losing Jekyll before D3 is not a bad result for town.

bozotheclown

#1115 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:38 am

BionicMole wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 am
Chaqa wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 am

Did you get targeted last night?

Is there a scenario where Hyde targets Jekyll when he knows Jekyll's identity and knows it will automatically fail?
Hyde does know Jekyll's identity and knows he can't kill Jekyll, so the only reason for Hyde to target him is if he wanted to withhold his NK.

bozotheclown

#1116 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:57 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 pm

Discovered Lynch is my play on a Discovered Check in chess. You place yourself on the wagon to prop it up, then bail on it to get your real target (The #2 wagon) Lynched, and I think he may have been trying to ensure (assurance) that came to pass.

As for bozo, he made a lot of posts D1 but not with a ton on content. He floated the idea of a town pr outting and being lynched D1.

His vote went from frost for self voting (on the notion he didn't wish to offend town) to doing that exact thing by parking on a missing player, going to vapor for less than 60 seconds before flipping back.
I was going to ask what you meant as well. I am still not following who you think I was trying to get lynched.

Computer_Genius was my preferred lynch among the three top wagons. When emc voted with three minutes left the vote was Vapor 5 Bob 5 Computer 4. I waited to see if anyone would change their vote. With one minute left and the vote still tied between Vapor and Bob, I changed my vote to Vapor to break the tie, as I thought he was more likely to be scum between the two. When I posted my vote and the thread refreshed, purple and xorxes had both voted for Bob. Since I knew Bob was then ahead, I switched my vote back to Computer to reduce the risk of another tie while indicating Computer was my preferred lynch.
So you werent refreshing like crazy? And how are you going to excuse literally everything else you said? I dont believe in going off of meta, because then people can hide behind it, and thats probably exactly what you are doing right now, and with everything else?
##vote bozo
I was refreshing to see if anyone voted to break the tie resulting from emc's vote. purple and xorxes must have voted within seconds of each other and myself, because all three voted showed up at the same time form my perspective. purple and xorxes can probably confirm that our votes were very close in time.

bozotheclown

#1117 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:44 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 am
Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:53 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 am
I don't understand this setup and I'm not going to spend my night trying to figure it out, but as I see it, we lynch both of these two in the next two days.

ORRRRRRRRRR we lynch outside of these two and actually learn something today.

I don't really care, personally.
Any suggestions? Frost? Hosu? I doubt we can get a wagon going
I don't even know who Frost and Hosu are lol
Can you really not figure that out from the list of people in the game?

bozotheclown

#1118 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:04 am

I do not see any reason a mafia would want to fake claim Jekyll, knowing it would lead to getting lynched rather soon. I just do not see what they would hope to accomplish before getting lynched. I can see a VT claiming it to try to throw off the mafia and SK or to try to get reactions. I still somewhat expect ND
or Chaqa to retract their claim before D2 is over. Between the two, I believe ND is the real Jekyll, because his claim that he received messages saying he was RBed and survived a NK makes more sense with no N1 kills that what Chaqa claimed, and Chaqa was more vague with his claims until ND made his specific claims.

It does not really matter though, unless one of them retracts and claims VT, I think they should be the D2 and D3 lynches, and at this point maybe even if one does retract.

##VOTE Chaqa

Vecna

#1119 Post by Vecna » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 am

xorxes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 pm
##vote Chaqa

Lets gooo
What? Why?
I did my catchup after knowing the flip and I payed a lot of attention to people trying to dissuade the wagon, or whom were skirting around it.

Chaqa did a lot of dissuading. Quite a few people did a bunch of dissuading. A lot of stuff happened around the wagon. Then after the flip comes scum, he goes "I dont think any of the teammates were around". He also seemed very apologetic for being wrong, but Id expect scum to do that too.

Im also slightly suspicious of you Xorxes for handling the wagon the way you did.

Jamiet99uk

#1120 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:05 am

Vote Count 2.3

Chaqa(7) - Vecna, ND*, Tom Bombadil, dargorygel, Temasek22, Kitsune, Bozotheclown
ND(4) - Chaqa, frostwind, CmdrLikely, ItsHosuke
bo_sox48(2) - bozotheclown, FlaviusAetius
frostwind(1) - DemonRHK
Tom Bombadil(1) - xorxes
Kitsune(1) - BunnyGo 

Unvoted: Damo666

CHAQA is set to be lynched.

Plenty of time remains in Day 2.