Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1581 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 am

@thamrick … you made quite a few posts implicating yavuz. You didn’t vote for him until page 72, conveniently in the shadow of Maniac giving his stamp of approval on a yav wagon and after brainbomb, the only other person that voted yav today, changed his vote. Walk me through the thought process. Why did you vote yav when you did, and why didn’t you vote yav or one of your other scumreads after you presented their cases?

@RHK … you consistently fought Maniac’s list, for clear and 100% correct reasons. Then you caved onto it. Why? Your vote for Vash very effectively killed the Tom wagon, and as far as I’m concerned your vote for Vash also ignited that weak counterwagon to Rj. Perhaps it was an attempt to save him. Please explain it.

Secondarily, why did you vote for Vash on page 70, the first time you voted for Vash?

@brain
… why did you vote for Vash?

@Balki … why did you vote for Vash? Why did you decide on page 78 that Vash “has to be town” but not have the wherewithal to decide that during the day?

Ezio

#1582 Post by Ezio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:01 am

Bo, do you still think ND is likely scum?

thamrick

#1583 Post by thamrick » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 am
@thamrick … you made quite a few posts implicating yavuz. You didn’t vote for him until page 72, conveniently in the shadow of Maniac giving his stamp of approval on a yav wagon and after brainbomb, the only other person that voted yav today, changed his vote. Walk me through the thought process. Why did you vote yav when you did, and why didn’t you vote yav or one of your other scumreads after you presented their cases?
Yeah. I didn't have any strong feelings about the players in Maniac's original lynch pool. Once Maniac added Yav, I voted him.

I agree. I felt constricted for the latter part of the day, trying to read the five players in the original pool when there really wasn't much there to read (especially for Ezio, Vash, Bozo, and Darg/Meme). I went along with the Maniac lynch pool cause no one else was fighting it, but I agree. I don't want to see it again D3.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1584 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:18 am

@Ezio ... likely scum? I don't know. Possibly? Yeah, but I'm not going to push it for right now. I certainly don't townread him but I don't see much to be suspicious of at this point by his EOD. It's easy to say it looks good because he voted for mafia, and I don't disagree, especially since he vaguely scumread rj on day 1 (but without reasoning or persistence of any sort). It doesn't eliminate the possibility of a bus, but he by no means had to bus when he made his vote for rj, so I'm going to say that his vote looked good on D2 and leave it at that.

That said, there is literally no evidence that he actually read anything in the thread at all on D2 other than my case. That's how little he did. I don't know whether anchoring and snoozing away the days is alignment indicative or not, but it seems that I'm the only one that is actually genuinely anxious for one of ND's trademark 54-page essay analyses of an EOD or something along those lines.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1585 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:27 am
Yeah. I didn't have any strong feelings about the players in Maniac's original lynch pool. Once Maniac added Yav, I voted him.
Meme was in your list on page 68 as well as Maniac's list on page 67. Maybe you didn't have strong feelings about him, but you certainly had some feelings about him. Why did you not invest any time into him?

brainbomb

#1586 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:19 am

Ey bo.

I will answer your questions when you have a higher thread presence than 7 posts a phase and an anchor vote. Until then im not gonna consider you a serious participant in this game.

If you wanna ask my why I voted vash, stick around long enough to show me you care about my answer.

Ill tell you when imdead tomorrow

brainbomb

#1587 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 am

@Foxcastle. Nice detective work.

I like that, maybe RHK is telegraphing his progressions on teammates so his bussing looks less abrupt later on. I still think mean is very likely a godfather. And I struggle to trust thamrick.

Jamie probably put more than 1 scum in that list imo.

It was rivera, ezio, rjmcf, ND, thamrick, mean.

I think mean and thamrick may be wolves both. With maybe RHK or Balki rounding it all out.

Or yavuz. I think yavuz hard defended rj and mean. He voted me-nd-balki on d1 and tied the jamie vote

brainbomb

#1588 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 am

Day 1 ends with newb scum rjmcf trying to lynch ND

Key quotes
I voted ND because I thought/think that ND is scummy. I didn't move off because I didn't feel comfortable jumping on a band wagon that I was 20 minutes late to. Now that I know how mad it all gets, I'll be here and contributing at the right time. Sorry I wasn't much use last night.

To rephrase what you're saying, it's understandable that Jamie would do that whether Yavuz was town or scum, so it's not alignment indicative. And given how crazy a move it would be if Yavuz was scum that makes him more likely town. I see that. I'm just trying to learn how to scumhunt here.
My scumread of Demon comes from his willingness to build narratives about me out of thin air. Everything is either wrong or isn't extraordinary.

My scumreads of Ezio and Vash are loooongstanding.

My scumread of Tom comes from page 5 where he defends Ezio against Demon, and actually votes for Demon with Ezio, before disappearing. But really, since then he's been pretty active and has been asking good questions, so I'm going to revise that read.
Rjmcf
Night-1 00:07
page 43 bozotheclown - town lean. I like his reasoning but he's not pushing very hard. I'll be more happy once I see him rooting out scum more.

brainbomb - town but not GS. He's got good thought processes and good pressure, but I've heard he has a habit for early and fake PR claims.

dargorygel - scumlean. Feels casual and doesn't appear to be engaging all that much.

DemonRHK - scum. Still hasn't responded to my counters.

Ezio - scum. Where are they?

Foxcastle - townlean. Good pressure when it's required.

Maniac - town. Good reasoning and good pressure.

ND - I read scum but everyone else reads town. I might have to go over again.

snowy801 - scum. May just be snowy, but play seems off the wall and anti town.

SuperSteve - lynch either way really.

Tom Bombadil - townlean

VashtaNeurotic - scumlean. Play with us!

yavuzovic - still scum. Maybe its just Yavuz but he feels all over the place.

brainbomb

#1589 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:54 am

Hes a reread hot mess nightmare from hell.

Good odds he left a scumbuddy off his,reads.

Probably fucking bo lol. Nothing shocks me when bo is scum.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1590 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:04 am

@Fox: I realized I had tunneled Rj, and took my foot off his throat. By the time Maniac added him onto the lynch list at 13 minutes to end of day, I was focused on other things. Did I fuck up by not voting him? Hell yes. Does that change the fact I rode his ass so hard for a day and a half? Yes, you pushed him a ton, but don't act like you're the only person responsible. It takes more than one person, it's a group effort, even if I fell short in that respect.

You've been attacking me pretty hard all of D2. Do you have any direct questions you'd like me to answer?

@bo: I didn't really fight against Maniac's list. I mentioned I thought it was crap near the end of day (And I turned out to be wrong), but the vote for Vash was based on his lurking except when he was threatened with the gallows and him and bozo were the only votes I liked, bozo actually showed up and contributed.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1591 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:09 am

If anyone has anything they want to direct at me, I'll answer it when I wake up. But this is the second time Fox has tried to kangaroo court my ass.

brainbomb

#1592 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 am

Why is anyone townreading bo

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1593 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 am

@Bo - fair points. I think having a town clear can cause the problems you discuss even if I don't explicitly create a deadpool.

The creation of the deadpool has given us different info. Were scum pushing scum buddies not on the list thinking they were safe for example? Did scum meekly vote for town players on my list without explanation?

That said I think you're right that deadpool has had it's day in the sun, we got lucky and shouldn't push that luck.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1594 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:17 am

@fox +1 for your DemonRHK case

@ezio +1 your vote for RJ at the end genuinely surprised me

@Tom -1 and probable scum

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1595 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 am

@ bozotheclown, can you explain your thought processes during last hour of D1

ND

#1596 Post by ND » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah scumBo comes across as quite suspicious bit so does yav who follows every word he says. Weird.

yavuzovic

#1597 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am

Are there any conspicuous claim creates preassure on somebody? I mean does anyone always criminate a player?

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1598 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:44 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am
Are there any conspicuous claim creates preassure on somebody? I mean does anyone always criminate a player?
I don't understand this question mate even when you've clarified it.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1599 Post by Maniac » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 pm

##CallGM,

pretty sure this wasn't intentional, but just checking

" You are the HOOKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit another player by.."

Does that mean the hooker can't roleblock who they voted for the previous day?

yavuzovic

#1600 Post by yavuzovic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 pm

There's a cop and he investigates somebody. If a person charges each other, that might mean he have really strong suspicious.