Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#1141 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pm

@Tom - you've made your case for Mean. I don't buy it yet. Even assuming you're right, there are 3 other scum. Who else would you be comfortable lynching today? I've only seen you defending yourself and pushing Mean.

MeanLaQueefa

#1142 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Maniac, my top scum reads are balki and Vash.

Foxcastle, this is going to sound ridiculous to you, but in irl mafia, during the night everyone just closes their eyes and only the mod talks, calling out each individual role and the wolf team separately to "wake up" and gesture silently to do their actions.

thamrick, sorry I didn't notice your joke to jamie was in the start thread, was reading on the peter site and it includes those. As for reeder and his maniac townread. Scum had no way of knowing maniac would be revealed, and putting out a totally random town read that is ranked higher than anyone else who really hasn't done much towny stuff seems like it would garner more attention than it'd be worth it for scum to do. Several people criticized reeder afterwords for it. I don't see it as a scum gambit, much less a scum gambit reedeer would try.

Dar, No I don't really see a difference in my play. The only thing I can really see is me saying I'd reevaluate balki, but I went back on that almost immediately. In fairness, someone who I didn't really scum read flipped mafia at EoD 1 and in that moment it looked to me like balki was more likely town, so I was thrown for a loop.

Bainbomb, <3

I'm torn as to vote for balki or vash right now as they're tied, also am not a big fan of the ND vote (and myself obviously). I don't know how to feel about ezio's vote on balki, basically the same with bozo on vash. I'll throw down ##vote VashtaNeurotic for now, but I'd be very happy to see either balki or vash lynched today.

thamrick

#1143 Post by thamrick » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm

@rdrivera - even so, RB'ing Snowy wouldn't have prevented the watcher from seeing who visited Snowy.

MeanLaQueefa

#1144 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Tom, only balki was voting jamie when I wrote that, demon switched his vote to jamie in the same minute I posted my "no one considers jamie a good lynch" statement. He was under basically no heat when I said that, no real wagon formed on him until the last 20mins of the day. That was definitely not when it mattered most, and I said that Balki's vote on jamie was crap hours before that too. I didn't defend jamie at all after he did something actually scummy (voting vash but not listing him as a scumread), that's when it mattered most.

Ok, I need to go to work now, be back later.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1145 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:08 pm

I would lynch among

bozotheclown
rjmcf
​MeanLaQueefa
thamrick
dargorygel
Vash​taNeurotic
yavuzovic
Ezio

Though I haven't dug too much into other options yet as I have been busy defending myself.

Besides Mean, I would probably be most inclined to go for bozo or darg of that list. I would have a hard time being convinced to vote outside of that group though.

brainbomb

#1146 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 pm

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:06 pm
Maniac, my top scum reads are balki and Vash.

Foxcastle, this is going to sound ridiculous to you, but in irl mafia, during the night everyone just closes their eyes and only the mod talks, calling out each individual role and the wolf team separately to "wake up" and gesture silently to do their actions.

thamrick, sorry I didn't notice your joke to jamie was in the start thread, was reading on the peter site and it includes those. As for reeder and his maniac townread. Scum had no way of knowing maniac would be revealed, and putting out a totally random town read that is ranked higher than anyone else who really hasn't done much towny stuff seems like it would garner more attention than it'd be worth it for scum to do. Several people criticized reeder afterwords for it. I don't see it as a scum gambit, much less a scum gambit reedeer would try.

Dar, No I don't really see a difference in my play. The only thing I can really see is me saying I'd reevaluate balki, but I went back on that almost immediately. In fairness, someone who I didn't really scum read flipped mafia at EoD 1 and in that moment it looked to me like balki was more likely town, so I was thrown for a loop.

Bainbomb, <3

I'm torn as to vote for balki or vash right now as they're tied, also am not a big fan of the ND vote (and myself obviously). I don't know how to feel about ezio's vote on balki, basically the same with bozo on vash. I'll throw down ##vote VashtaNeurotic for now, but I'd be very happy to see either balki or vash lynched today.
Expand your worldview bae.
Vash isnt scum

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1147 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:12 pm

"and I said that Balki's vote on jamie was crap hours before that too"

How is this not defending Jamie?

And posting with 30 minutes to go that Jamie is a bad lynch and then disappearing is pretty much defending Jamie.

Foxcastle

#1148 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 pm

##vote Tom

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1149 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:15 pm

love you too foxy

Foxcastle

#1150 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Our time is always so brief, Tom, but I cherish it nonetheless.

brainbomb

#1151 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:23 pm

@Thamrick

Last game the scumteam was bo-foxcastle-darg-ghug-demonoverlord

In three different occasions mafia holstered roleblock to reduce spread of clears.

Your theories imply you arent aware that is a current meta by scum.
So yer clear town.

Scum absolutely holster roleblocks to avoid unecessarily generating clears.
And your small pool of myself balki and ND being the only ones to know is false.

Anyone at all who played last game and simply reads the mafia QT can see plainly they holstered roleblock on multiple nights.

https://quicktopic.com/52/H/ukXBBirEejjx
God qt

MAFIA QT: www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Zd3MxHLJVydvW
See above if you wanna see multiple examples of scumteam fox-bo-darg holstering roleblocks

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1152 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 pm

@ND … when do you have some spare time to respond to my ham and roast beef sandwich of a case against you?

@MLQ … “His rainbow atrocity read list where he placed maniac at the top looks a lot less scummy now that we know maniac is town. He backed off rd as his top scumread without reason, which is odd for scum to do, they know how that looks.”

This is your read on reedeer. Can you walk me through your logic here? I wholeheartedly disagree with these two conclusions. I don’t see how us knowing Maniac is town changes what we saw in that reads list; rather, I think that the fact that he is town does nothing because reedeer, if scum, already knew that he was town. I also have no doubt that scum know how backing off of a top scumread without rationalizing it looks, but I also know that they are smart to flip flop their top scumreads on the regular in order to keep someone from getting particularly pissed off at them. Protection against an OMGUS is huge because even though an OMGUS is a bad tactic, the attention they bring is unwelcome.

@bozo … your vote on Vash is horrendous, but it’s up to Vash to defend against your horrendous case, not me. Why are you voting for him over MLQ? Have you not done enough investigating into MLQ to come up with a case?

@Rj … “I've still not got an answer on the damn borks, and now when someone I read as super influential has me pegged as scum for an unfounded, newbie opinion, they won't change their mind when I very clearly stated that I had changed mine.”

Why does this bother you so much? That’s the point that I wanted to drive home with what I said. You are acting exclusively in self interest. All you care about is what people feel about you.

@Tom … “For once in your mafia career can you read the game and use what you read to formulate opinions rather than coming up with wild theories and then cherrypicking posts that fit your story?”

Are you really this frustrated with brain at the beginning of D2 or are you trying to get him to cool off on you? You’re just about as flustered as Rj is. You’re coming apart and I’ve never seen you do that before.

What’s your case on bozo and darg?

@brain … “Balki is an attorney in real life.”

I have no major opinion on Balki at this point, but you are aware that having a shred of intelligence isn’t a requirement for being an attorney, right?

You listed a scumteam of four and none of them included ND despite you calling my case “plausible” and offering some credence to it yourself. Why?

@Ezio … “I'm townclearing rdriver, reedreeder, and ND until I'm given serious evidence they can't be town.”

Have you read my case on ND? Why is that not evidence that he can’t be town?

Foxcastle

#1153 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 pm

Tom, do you have a brief case on Mean you could give me, or a pointer to where you lay out your vote for her?

yavuzovic

#1154 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:26 pm

@peoplewhovotedforVashta
Vashta barely posts and he will be lynched one day. I think we should vote for ND. I told why he's suspect.

About Mean:
I think her behaviours were towns like. However I have no reason so I can't read her as town or scum. If Brain claims she's town, he must show us why.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1155 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm
@bo_sox48 - you made a really good point about Jamie not trying to save himself which casts shade onto ND and Balki. You also suspect Yavuz. Out of those three who would be your top scum read.
I made a really good point about ND and he is far and away my top scumread. I don't see how it casts nearly as much shade on Balki as it does ND, and I don't think it casts any shade on Balki at all on the rather unsubstantial chance that ND is town. In that case, the shade on Balki comes from him jumping off of Jamie and briefly onto ND, only to go back to Jamie, but I expect he had a good reason for doing so as that seems remarkably uncalculated of him - especially for him - if he knew that Jamie was scum and possibly dying and ND wasn't scum. I would appreciate a full tl;dr style case on Balki, though, as I doubt I'll have time to review him or anyone that isn't quite high on my list already before I eventually get NKed.

I suspect yavuz for the reasons I noted in that post, and I also suspect his vote on ND is an early bus. He waited until the middle of the day to cast that vote, recognizing that nobody else had joined my ND case, and he didn't give any solid reasoning for doing so. He doesn't expect ND to die here.

Do you have a gun?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1156 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:33 pm

@bo:

I am just really frustrated with brain.

Reasons for bozo: Lurky. Voted ND right after snowy started the wagon and then dropped off the face of the earth. Classic scum move to get a wagon started and hope someone else pulls the weight so you can distance yourself down the road. Has done nothing in general that is useful.

Reasons for darg: Lurky. Part of it is gut - as he just seems off to me. I don't like this quote:

"I wouldn't follow your request to shoot Demon, but I am not that impressed with Tom's lackluster play here. Usually he is a lot more clever."

Where he knows I'm facing heat and basically says that something is off but doesn't want to commit to pressuring me. Trying to stay out of the fray. Afraid to stick his neck out. He doesn't really take a stance on the Mean / Balki fight and instead sits right in the middle and asks softball questions instead.

yavuzovic

#1157 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
    Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm

I suspect yavuz for the reasons I noted in that post, and I also suspect his vote on ND is an early bus. He waited until the middle of the day to cast that vote, recognizing that nobody else had joined my ND case, and he didn't give any solid reasoning for doing so. He doesn't expect ND to die here.

Do you have a gun?
    Didn't I?
    I wrote why did I vote for him and he is my main target at the moment.

Tom Bombadil
    Gold Donator
    Gold Donator

#1158 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm

My case on Mean is that she tacitly defended Jamie when it counted even after seemingly saying that he seemed scummy earlier in the day. ALso, I townread Balki - Bakli is voting Mean.

yavuzovic

#1159 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
    Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm
    . ALso, I townread Balki - Bakli is voting Mean.
    Voting other scums is a way to hiding for scums.

bo_sox48
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

#1160 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:40 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
    Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 pm
    ND (slight scum): Let's turn D1 last posts and think from his eyes. There's two odds:
    1)Town ND: I have claimed that snowy is scum but it's hard to lynch him in this situation. I should vote one of these guys, balki or jamiet (because third suspect is himself.). I told "I don't think Balki is scum. I'm not going to vote for him." and I voted for Jamiet.
    2)Scum ND: My wagon was consisting of three vote and I voted for snowy. But next hours I thought we can't lynch snowy. Maybe I should vote for Jamiet99uk, he's going to be lynched and when he will be lynched his voters might repel some suspicion. I can hide myself with this. (Because he voted for Jamiet99uk before most of us)
    You posted this, yavuz, before you voted for him. I don't follow it at all, but if I understand what you're trying to say, you're suggesting that ND could have voted for Jamie out of self preservation if he was town or he could have voted for Jamie in order to bus, but also out of self preservation. How do you differentiate the two?